Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Single in the wild (BOUNTY RECEIVED!!!)  (Read 42465 times)
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 01:49:42 AM

I require a response immediately. As I have shareholders to answer to. Without further response, I may be forced to cancel my order and go with an alternate option.

Might have been an idea to not setup your GLBSE thingo and attract a bunch of shareholders before you had the product in hand...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fizzisist

Activity: 720
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 02:28:51 AM

I require a response immediately. As I have shareholders to answer to. Without further response, I may be forced to cancel my order and go with an alternate option.

Might have been an idea to not setup your GLBSE thingo and attract a bunch of shareholders before you had the product in hand...

Isn't that the point of GLBSE? To raise the capitol, then buy whatever it is you raised it for?

Glasswalker

Activity: 407

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 02:32:45 AM

Actually that was the point... (building up investment capital in order to order the additional mining hardware above what we already have in the first place)... If I had the money to buy the additional mining hardware myself, why would I need to raise investment capital?

Also, the original plan was not to buy BFL gear. it was to buy FPGAs, but all decisions are essentially brought to a vote. Shareholders voted to buy the BFL gear based on the last minute news that they were in the wild and would now be able to meet 4-6 week leadtimes.

During that 1-2 day period BFL was extremely responsive (answering most emails within 20min at most) but once we placed an order they fell suddenly silent, and have been for well over a week now.

That's why I sent the strongly worded email. (looking after the best interest of my shareholders).

BattleDrome: Blockchain based Gladiator Combat for fun and profit!
http://www.battledrome.io/
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 03:39:30 AM

now be able to meet 4-6 week leadtimes.

Grin

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 03:40:15 AM

Wait, so BFL can do it and you white knight the shit out of it, but this guy does it and it's reprehensible?
RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 05:25:23 AM

Isn't that the point of GLBSE? To raise the capitol, then buy whatever it is you raised it for?

I dunno actually, I've never looked at GLBSE.  That does make sense though Smiley  Epic Rolo fail Cheesy

Apologies for that Glasswalker.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 06:26:47 AM

I was really expecting the (confirmed) # in the wild to increase to more than 3 by the end of this weekend... but I guess not.

Question:  The singles can be "stacked," yes?  As in you can plug the USB from one into another single black box, so that only one USB port is needed on the computer running them?

I thought I read that somewhere...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
triplehelix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 06:38:12 AM

I was really expecting the (confirmed) # in the wild to increase to more than 3 by the end of this weekend... but I guess not.

Question:  The singles can be "stacked," yes?  As in you can plug the USB from one into another single black box, so that only one USB port is needed on the computer running them?

i know you can hook up to 100 (that's what was quoted) using multiple USB hubs attached to 1 USB port, but i haven't seen anything about daisy chaining them.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 06:40:57 AM

i know you can hook up to 100 (that's what was quoted) using multiple USB hubs attached to 1 USB port, but i haven't seen anything about daisy chaining them.

I just reread the website description and that makes sense.  Can't wait for mine to be shippped!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Glasswalker

Activity: 407

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 01:40:32 PM

I dunno actually, I've never looked at GLBSE.  That does make sense though Smiley  Epic Rolo fail Cheesy

Apologies for that Glasswalker.

No worries, thanks for taking the time to apologize! Smiley

BattleDrome: Blockchain based Gladiator Combat for fun and profit!
http://www.battledrome.io/
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 01:45:05 PM

To connect multiple USB devices to the same port, you need a HUB. A HUB has one port going to your
PC, and 7 or 12 or 20, etc ports available on itself. You can later connect other USB devices to those
expansion ports, or use all of those ports except one of them, and connect another HUB to that one
available port. This cycle can be repeated until a total of 127 Devices are connected to PCs USB port.
(Note that HUBs are counted as a device too, so best effiency is gaind when using less number of
HUBs who has more expansion ports on them).

Regards,

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 01:57:45 PM

To connect multiple USB devices to the same port, you need a HUB. A HUB has one port going to your
PC, and 7 or 12 or 20, etc ports available on itself. You can later connect other USB devices to those
expansion ports, or use all of those ports except one of them, and connect another HUB to that one
available port. This cycle can be repeated until a total of 127 Devices are connected to PCs USB port.
(Note that HUBs are counted as a device too, so best effiency is gaind when using less number of
HUBs who has more expansion ports on them).

Regards,
True, but the chain can only be 5 hubs long.
So if you have 20 5port hubs, connect one to the pc, then connect 5 of them to the first one, then connect the last 16 to the 5.
fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 03:01:58 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2012, 03:36:18 PM by fred0

Question:  The singles can be "stacked," yes?  As in you can plug the USB from one into another single black box, so that only one USB port is needed on the computer running them?
HUBs who has more expansion ports on them
).
True, but the chain can only be 5 hubs long.
So if you have 20 5port hubs, connect one to the pc, then connect 5 of them to the first one, then connect the last 16 to the 5.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10307&cs_id=1030702&p_id=6436&seq=1&format=2

Currently using this for my one single. It would be nice to fill it up with singles.  
Blackasaurus

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 03:06:20 PM

someone just posted this:
http://bensoutlet.com/products/titan-10-port
10 usb ports - currently $10 (some kind of daily deal) for those looking for a hub Smiley
TheOriginalMyth

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 01:29:46 AM

someone just posted this:
http://bensoutlet.com/products/titan-10-port
10 usb ports - currently $10 (some kind of daily deal) for those looking for a hub Smiley

Angry Silly Americans and their awesome deals, any Canadians know of something similar for that great of a price?
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:03:14 AM

Howdy trolls, I got my tracking number. Will confirm delivery by the end of the week.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 02:04:49 AM

Howdy trolls, I got my tracking number. Will confirm delivery by the end of the week.

LOL!   Grin

Couldn't have happened to a better person.
RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 03:42:43 AM

If anyone in Chicago wants to go to the USPS International Sorting Center and kick all the staff in the nuts, that'd be great Smiley

Inspector 2211

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 03:56:36 AM

May I ask when you ordered it?
Thanks.

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
BTC-GREEN       ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Ecological Community in the Green Planet
❱❱❱❱❱❱     WHITEPAGE   |   ANN THREAD     ❰❰❰❰❰❰
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 04:58:20 AM

Order date?

<edit> oops... May I ask when you ordered it... also?

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: