Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:32:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Single in the wild (BOUNTY RECEIVED!!!)  (Read 42467 times)
dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 12:04:10 PM

Would you mind posting their web site here? Currently I'm looking for a freighter, which could efficiently get the cargo in time and clear the customs at Russia. If BFL devices are using same HS code as ZTEX'es then it should bear no duties, but who knows  Huh

It's my-shoppingbox.com, but they only reship to the Philippines.

Anyway, I'm still not sure if Butterfly Labs will allow it since my paypal address doesn't match the shipping address in the US.  And I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay via wire transfer at this point in time.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 12:19:27 PM

It's my-shoppingbox.com, but they only reship to the Philippines.
Anyway, I'm still not sure if Butterfly Labs will allow it since my paypal address doesn't match the shipping address in the US.  And I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay via wire transfer at this point in time.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to change the shipping address for Paypal orders, but I think it's totally negotiable for other ways of payments, since shipping address @ Paypal is used for account verification and needed to protect participating parties from scam, for returns/claims and etc. That's how I see it anyways.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 01:45:51 PM

I'll just leave this here as eye candy for you guys Wink

(was just sent this by BFL via email, pic of their burn-in/testing rack right now)

hrrr, i still have a hard time in believing BFL is not a long con.
Agreed.  This is just another little piece of bait to keep it going.

If BFL was legit this forum would be flooded with "I got my single!!" posts.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 01:48:06 PM

(was just sent this by BFL via email, pic of their burn-in/testing rack right now)

Sorry sir, your sarcasm detector is broken, rather badly. I am getting mine today, but even then as they are delivered one-by-one, people like you and goat and bulanula are still going to be moaning about how few people have turned up to evangelize them. Live with it, not everyone feels the need to post every time they get some hardware, no matter how rare it may seem to be.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
fabrizziop

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 03:25:12 PM

I swear BFL accepted bitcoins for the orders, or they didn't?
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 03:27:24 PM

Sorry sir, your sarcasm detector is broken, rather badly. I am getting mine today, but even then as they are delivered one-by-one, people like you and goat and bulanula are still going to be moaning about how few people have turned up to evangelize them. Live with it, not everyone feels the need to post every time they get some hardware, no matter how rare it may seem to be.

I don't think anyone who receives a single wants to advertise it... Instead, they keep quiet and order as many as they can afford.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
bombo999

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 03:28:53 PM

shhhhhhhhhh
bombo999

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 03:29:57 PM

Received from BFL:

"Processing bitcoin takes more time and incurs more value fluctuation risk.  Some customers were attempting to pay for large orders with bitcoins which obligated us to take on a currency trading responsibility so we removed the option for the time being."
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 03:32:37 PM

Received from BFL:

"Processing bitcoin takes more time and incurs more value fluctuation risk.  Some customers were attempting to pay for large orders with bitcoins which obligated us to take on a currency trading responsibility so we removed the option for the time being."

Hint to BFL.  One word:  Bitpay

No currency risk
No trading.
No processing time or effort.

Customer pay in BTC and you get USD in your bank account in 2-3 days.
jddebug

Activity: 446

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 04:27:15 PM

I have 2 tracking numbers now.

I ordered 10 but at this time only 3 are on the way.

The first tracking number was Monday with one unit in it.

The second was Tuesday with 2 units in it.

I hope to see a tracking number each day until they have built and sent out all of mine. It seems like it must be a more labor intensive process than they were expecting.

They asked me if I would like them without the extra fan for esthetics. They said at 72F there is no throttling. The extra fan would give me more options for heat tolerance though. I opted for the extra fan. That seems like it might be their bottleneck.

I'm in Alaska and these are coming from Kansas so Friday/Saturday they should arrive.
SysRun

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 05:07:28 PM

I have 2 tracking numbers now.

I ordered 10 but at this time only 3 are on the way.

The first tracking number was Monday with one unit in it.

The second was Tuesday with 2 units in it.

I hope to see a tracking number each day until they have built and sent out all of mine. It seems like it must be a more labor intensive process than they were expecting.

They asked me if I would like them without the extra fan for esthetics. They said at 72F there is no throttling. The extra fan would give me more options for heat tolerance though. I opted for the extra fan. That seems like it might be their bottleneck.

I'm in Alaska and these are coming from Kansas so Friday/Saturday they should arrive.

Order date?

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 06:59:25 PM

Its interesting your mentioned this as I had a feeling this was one of the delays. Quality control found that over 72 degrees can have any effect on their units. This is why they added another fan.

I am glad they are asking people for the option now. I myself will be running these in a datacenter which is 65 degree's. I would be more than happy to get my units earlier if I had to forgo my extra fan. Maybe if others are in the same boat this will allow things to speed up a bit.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 07:23:45 PM

Received from BFL:

"Processing bitcoin takes more time and incurs more value fluctuation risk.  Some customers were attempting to pay for large orders with bitcoins which obligated us to take on a currency trading responsibility so we removed the option for the time being."
Hint to BFL.  One word:  Bitpay

No currency risk
No trading.
No processing time or effort.

Customer pay in BTC and you get USD in your bank account in 2-3 days.
FYI.  https://bit-pay.com/
RandyFolds

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 09:56:02 PM

I hate to harp on this, but does anyone know the status of BFL's business registration?
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 09:57:11 PM

I hate to harp on this, but does anyone know the status of BFL's business registration?

Please take this some where else. Start your own thread if you feel this is an issue.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:06:24 PM

Well mine just arrived Smiley

PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 10:07:41 PM

Well mine just arrived Smiley

Pictures please so i can put in my order! Tongue

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
RandyFolds

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:10:46 PM

Please take this some where else. Start your own thread if you feel this is an issue.

Fuck off, guy. I am asking a relevant question of the people who have done business with BFL.
despoiler

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:20:21 PM

Fuck off, guy. I am asking a relevant question of the people who have done business with BFL.

Yup in a thread that is about proving BFL singles exist and work as advertised. 
SysRun

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

It doesn't matter if they are selling out of a van down by the river as long as they keep delivering a product. Now, lets talk some more about how we're unhappy with the "handling" cost of the "shipping and handling" from BFL Tongue

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: