Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:11:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Single in the wild (BOUNTY RECEIVED!!!)  (Read 42467 times)
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:22:16 PM

Yeah, piss off Randy, you've had your fun.

Photos incoming PulsedMedia Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:34:47 PM

Fotos:

http://imgur.com/a/cALGV

Size comparison with a 5870

Secondary and tertiary fan and heatsinks

Second fan removed to show the third fan and VRM heatsinks

Run out of fan connectors? Use butt splices!

Bare board in my hand for size comparison. Click on it and zoom in to see an interesting thing - a header marked "LCD"....

I need to go for now, haven't gotten it started mining. I'll be back later to post more.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:38:40 PM

Here we go:

http://www.use.com/118bfe8900c119f24c3b

P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 10:46:13 PM

Fotos:
 . . .
 . . .

So they (BFL) put on that copper HS&F and extra heatsinks?
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 11:03:09 PM

Are we through the November orders yet?

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 11:13:57 PM

Thanks for the awesome photos! Exactly what i were hoping, big and detailed images Smiley
Now i can finally belief this ain't vaporware long con, and put in a order for a few ...

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
Global BTC

Activity: 529

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 11:15:46 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2012, 11:34:30 PM by Global BTC

someone just posted this:
http://bensoutlet.com/products/titan-10-port
10 usb ports - currently $10 (some kind of daily deal) for those looking for a hub Smiley

Angry Silly Americans and their awesome deals, any Canadians know of something similar for that great of a price?

I'm not a Canadian, but I think I can find something for you. Have a look at my list of stuff available on Bitmit in 30 minutes. The link is in my signature.

EDIT: First hub is up:
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/1424-7-port-usb-2-0-hub-with-external-2a-power-supply-us-plug/pics

I'm adding more as we speak.

fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 11:21:19 PM

Are we through the November orders yet?
Definitely not!
RandyFolds

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 11:33:45 PM

I hate to harp on this, but does anyone know the status of BFL's business registration?

Please take this some where else. Start your own thread if you feel this is an issue.

Fuck off, guy. I am asking a relevant question of the people who have done business with BFL.

Yup in a thread that is about proving BFL singles exist and work as advertised. 

Yup. Asking their customers, whom I would assume have the most information on them, in a discussion about their product.

It doesn't matter if they are selling out of a van down by the river as long as they keep delivering a product. Now, lets talk some more about how we're unhappy with the "handling" cost of the "shipping and handling" from BFL Tongue

And if they are collecting sales tax from that van down by the river regardless of where the item is shipped, it seems as if we could be discussing whether or not they are committing felonious tax fraud.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2012, 11:41:31 PM

And if they are collecting sales tax from that van down by the river regardless of where the item is shipped, it seems as if we could be discussing whether or not they are committing felonious tax fraud.

But, as has already been stated, we don't care.  We are interested in a working, shipping product.  Please try to understand this. I know you like to troll and harp on any subject you can, no matter how irrelevant or incorrect, but we honestly DO NOT CARE.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 11:43:28 PM

I hate to harp on this, but does anyone know the status of BFL's business registration?

Please take this some where else. Start your own thread if you feel this is an issue.

Fuck off, guy. I am asking a relevant question of the people who have done business with BFL.

RandyFolds, I am glad to see you have such a strong grasp of the english language that you have nothing better to say to me than "Fuck off". I shows just how mature of an individual you are and how much you respect others.

As to your question, it was answered before in the other "Off-Topic" thread and I, along with many others, have no problems sending BFL money.

I don't know why you choose to keep harping on these non-issues, but as I said before, please take it elsewhere. The topic of the thread is about forum members proving they have received their singles. If you do not have proof of your single arriving, and don't have any money on the line, I'm not really sure why you should even care.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 11:43:57 PM

But, as has already been stated, we don't care.  We are interested in a working, shipping product.  Please try to understand this. I know you like to troll and harp on any subject you can, no matter how irrelevant or incorrect, but we honestly DO NOT CARE.

+1, I'd rather see all the pre-orders delivered than see all the hardware locked up in a government warehouse courtesy of Randy's gumshoe detective shit. Wait a bit willya?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Tamerz

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2012, 11:45:42 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60586.msg786692#msg786692
Global BTC

Activity: 529

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 12:02:38 AM

I've added some more multi-port hubs. I would add more, but Bitmit has an item limit for new sellers. Here are all the USB hubs I have listed now:
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/1391-3-port-usb-2-0-hub-with-iphone-ipad-ipod-cable-black
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/1392-3-port-usb-2-0-hub-with-iphone-ipad-ipod-cable-white
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/1424-7-port-usb-2-0-hub-with-external-2a-power-supply-us-plug
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/1429-7-port-usb-2-0-hub-with-on-off-switch
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/1428-7-port-usb-2-0-hub
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/1426-10-port-usb-2-0-hub-with-individual-leds-blue
https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/1427-10-port-usb-2-0-hub-with-on-off-switch

Free shipping to anywhere in the world.

RandyFolds

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 12:16:06 AM

RandyFolds, I am glad to see you have such a strong grasp of the english language that you have nothing better to say to me than "Fuck off". I shows just how mature of an individual you are and how much you respect others.

As to your question, it was answered before in the other "Off-Topic" thread and I, along with many others, have no problems sending BFL money.

I don't know why you choose to keep harping on these non-issues, but as I said before, please take it elsewhere. The topic of the thread is about forum members proving they have received their singles. If you do not have proof of your single arriving, and don't have any money on the line, I'm not really sure why you should even care.

My 'fuck off' was in response to your forum policing. If you don't like my post, report it; don't shout down at me from your apparent pedestal.

It was a question, directed at those I thought may have an answer to it. People spend billions of dollars on lottery tickets each year. Just because they are willing to throw their money at a stupid venture doesn't mean they should be applauded for it. Because you and a few others are happily paying them, I can't ask a question? My question has not been answered in the other 'off-topic' thread. Had it been, I would not have repeated it here.

I'm not really sure why you bear such issue with my curiosity. I learn about all sorts of things that I have no stake in, bear no influence on my life and could care the less about every day. Did you know snooki is pregnant and engaged to jionni?
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 12:26:07 AM

OK so I have it mining now. I used Ufasoft because that was what was recommended, but I'll be switching to cgminer later to see how it does. On Slush's pool, I am getting anywhere from 715 to 975 Mhash/s according to Ufasoft's fairly jumpy hash meter. Probably close to 850 after some smoothing.

It was a simple plug-'n-play affair. When it is first powered up, it appears to go through a boot process, because the front LED blinks for several seconds, and then stays steady. When mining, a pair of red LEDs come on inside the case, and they blink together once very quickly each time a hash is submitted (approximately every 6 seconds).

It identifies itself to the host computer as a "BitFORCE SHA256" and has a built-in USB-to-serial converter that identifies itself as an FTDI device: FTDIBUS\COMPORT&VID_0403&PID_6014.

I can't tell how loud it really is since I am in a room with several loud servers, but the fans appear to be running at full blast and the PWM leads have been cut out, so it might be a little loud to anyone in a silent office. The airflow goes in the gap between the lower fan and the bottom of the box, and into the grilles in the side, and gets blown out the bottom and out the top like follows:

Code:
               ^
                | airflow out
                |
             _________
             | single |
             | /////  | <-- airflow in
             |________|
                        <-- airflow in
             |___fan__|

|
                  |>> airflow out

It runs cool, but even though there is plenty of airflow it is still possible to feel the heat coming out. According to my Kill-a-watt, the power draw is about 12 watts during startup, 22 watts during idle, and 85 watts at full burn. You can attach and detach devices without killing and restarting ufasoft - it just stops and starts hashing as you unplug and plug it in. This is cool.

I asked Sonny whether I could flash a faster bitstream if I took care of my own cooling (heatpipes, peltiers, etc), but his response was that "it's not that simple". However, he did say that any future speed upgrades would apply retroactively to previously released devices.

Sorry I couldn't indulge you guys with a video, but it was only after I finished the unboxing with the narrative and everything that I realized the camera had stopped recording because the memory was full. Sad It was packed very well, and shipped to me by Priority USPS in a medium flat-rate box.

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 12:27:02 AM

I want to be helpful. Thinkgeek has a 16 Port Hub, I'm sure that it could be really helpful for someone really wishing to have a huge farm.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cef0/

I know they ship international, I just don't know what products.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 12:31:13 AM

Fotos:
 . . .
 . . .

So they (BFL) put on that copper HS&F and extra heatsinks?
Yes. That copper thing is actually an additional fan.

RoloTonyBrownTown

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 12:34:35 AM

Thanks for the write up rjk, very nice Smiley

Unfortunately I have to sit through a day at work before I can get home and play.   I've already sold my GPU's this morning though Cheesy  Good riddance.

dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 12:41:48 AM

Thanks for the pictures and report; very nice.

Does the second fan on the bottom interfere with the smaller third fan next to the VRM heatsinks?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: