Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:23:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MCN] MonetaVerde CryptoNote based. Merged mining with BCN/FCN/QCN/XMR  (Read 34870 times)
SunSeeder

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:56:16 AM

Currently MCN is in its very early stages and its rare for such a project to get so much attention so quickly. Given this fact the currency is volatile and the swings can be quick a deep, that being said there is a lot of serious money invested in XMR so you know your not going to buy a shitcoin that goes down to 1% of your investment.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:26:06 PM

By the way, how long does MCN have this logo? no thoughts to change it?

Do you have any ideas for new one? Do we need a logo contest?

To all: sorry for not answering your questions for so long. I'm back from unexpected trip and ready to support you and to continue coin development and promotion.

To all: This is my favorite...
The Dev pulls out of a drinking binge long enough for this idiotic post...
No, man, we need to shave out nuts and have a potato sack race.

MCN has been some kind of scam from Day One...
They pop up out of nowhere with a LOT of hashing power and BUY an instant slot on Polo...
Dump that shit and then let the coin death spiral 99% to basically zero.

The botnet is gone... everybody can move on to the next CryptoNote scam.

coinfreeintl

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:48:16 PM

I'm expecting a larger market cap once it becomes apparent that MCN is very useful right now with no changes to other CN coins! A lot of exchanges will trade crypto pairs without identification. If you have CN you can sign up and trade it for MCN. Then you open another exchange account and sell the MCN for other CN. There will be nothing linking old CN coins with new CN coins. The trail goes cold in MCN!

The feature you are touting, extreme anonymity, has no market. It is an idiot feature. mcn and other cn coins are surviveable only to the extent they can attract mainstream support and there is no mainstream support for such a feature.

Bitcoin has sufficient anonymity for any user.

Criminals are not even interested in this kind of extreme anonymity.

The only people pushing such extreme and unnecessary privacy algos are government wanks who set up these barely credible projects to justify their salaries and pretend to catch criminals.

If you ignore the murky origin of cn, you must admit that it may be a good algo even if it has a hidden access point. The cryptographers who developed it are probably among the best at whatever agency. The coin and the algo may have potential, but spammers like you who push obscure agendas are killing it.
coinfreeintl

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:54:58 PM

By the way, how long does MCN have this logo? no thoughts to change it?

Do you have any ideas for new one? Do we need a logo contest?

To all: sorry for not answering your questions for so long. I'm back from unexpected trip and ready to support you and to continue coin development and promotion.

To all: This is my favorite...
The Dev pulls out of a drinking binge long enough for this idiotic post...
No, man, we need to shave out nuts and have a potato sack race.

MCN has been some kind of scam from Day One...
They pop up out of nowhere with a LOT of hashing power and BUY an instant slot on Polo...
Dump that shit and then let the coin death spiral 99% to basically zero.

The botnet is gone... everybody can move on to the next CryptoNote scam.

Your warning might have been useful when the price was high, but now market cap for mcn is about two btc.

If there is a sudden public rush into crypto the smallest cap coins will benefit the most.

It is a matter of holding viable low cap coins that will not go dead before the stampede. Mcn at least has a clever tweak to adjust supply to demand. If it gets past this dry spell it might do well.
AltCoin555

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:04:10 PM

Just a short update on the GUI wallet I'm working on. The proof of concept is working fine. I just have some tweaking to do with how the daemon and wallet initializes.

I'm also figuring out how I should package the release. If I do it as open source, anyone could take the code and actually just apply it to any other cryptonote, and as for now my focus is on MCN so I'm not sure if I should do that immediately. Any input would be appreciated.

MCN hashrate is climbing. I was really hoping that the crypto-note-universal pool software would be updated by now to support merge-mining, but they haven't figured it out yet. If anyone has any insights as to how minergate figured it out, please speak up!

Learn.
djarot

Activity: 350
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:07:15 AM

Currently MCN is in its very early stages and its rare for such a project to get so much attention so quickly. Given this fact the currency is volatile and the swings can be quick a deep, that being said there is a lot of serious money invested in XMR so you know your not going to buy a shitcoin that goes down to 1% of your investment.

sure do agree with that, and i'm excited people here are willing to create the infrastructure to move things on, my expertise are limited but i say good luck! once there are more tools it'll be an easier task to get some excitement happening at least!
coinatollah

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:47:18 PM

Just a short update on the GUI wallet I'm working on. The proof of concept is working fine. I just have some tweaking to do with how the daemon and wallet initializes.

I'm also figuring out how I should package the release. If I do it as open source, anyone could take the code and actually just apply it to any other cryptonote, and as for now my focus is on MCN so I'm not sure if I should do that immediately. Any input would be appreciated.

You must be joking.

If it is not open source nobody with sense will download it, especially with a cn coin.

AltCoin555

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:17:53 PM

You must be joking.

If it is not open source nobody with sense will download it, especially with a cn coin.

Thank you for your input. I'm almost positive it will be open source then. It will come pre-packaged with MCN and instructions on how to get it to work with other cryptonote currencies. I'm on vacation this week and will release everything next week.

Learn.
coinatollah

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:52:39 PM

You must be joking.

Thank you for your input. I'm almost positive it will be open source then. It will come pre-packaged with MCN and instructions on how to get it to work with other cryptonote currencies. I'm on vacation this week and will release everything next week.

If you release an open source wallet for mcn that can work with other cn currencies, and it is attractive to users and does not have too many bugs, it could be a game changer for cn.

The big flaw remains that most people, 90%+, want to be able to see their transactions and balances on the blockchain. So unless and until that option exists cn will be limited but a good wallet will at least make the coin useable for more people.
overvalued

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:01:33 AM

MCN price is way too low.

avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:59:35 AM

R.I.P.?
AltCoin555

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:13:11 PM

If anyone is interested in the source code for the wallet I was working on, please PM me. I've been sick with that respiratory disease that's been going around, so I may not be able to get back to working on it for another week or more, and any help would be appreciated. It's using a layer of PHP to communicate with the wallet and daemon, so if you have knowledge of PHP and some jQuery you should be good.

Learn.
Coins4coins

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:17:33 PM

If anyone is interested in the source code for the wallet I was working on, please PM me. I've been sick with that respiratory disease that's been going around, so I may not be able to get back to working on it for another week or more, and any help would be appreciated. It's using a layer of PHP to communicate with the wallet and daemon, so if you have knowledge of PHP and some jQuery you should be good.

This thread does not get a lot of traffic. If you are looking for people to collaborate on a wallet that might be used with a few currencies there is probably a better section to post in. It seems like a pretty significant project in terms of developing these coins and there are probably plenty of capable interested people if you post where they read.
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 10:13:56 PM

Dont mine on minergate they STEAL you coins https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.1060

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:12:25 AM

Is it profitable ?

Why don't you mine Monero if the coin is dead ?
AltCoin555

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:31:53 PM

Is it profitable ?

Why don't you mine Monero if the coin is dead ?

It's still being sold on Poloniex.

Plus, you can mine both Monero and MonetaVerde at the same time. It has an unexpectedly high hashrate because of merge mining.

There are several updates needed for the simplewallet in order for me to create the UI. If anyone knows of any developers for cryptonote, point them here.

Learn.
imready2rock

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 10:39:06 AM

Hey guys,

Updated chainradar.com with pools information!

Find a pool best suited for yourself and you currency. Provided pool info: Name, Other coins, Version, Fee, Minimal payment, Miners, Hashrate, Uptime, Last server down.

Please don't hesitate to contact me through the contact form on the website or via the forum. Smiley

BBSAtten

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:13:43 PM

dev you allready abondoned this coin ?
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:12:13 PM

dev you allready abondoned this coin ?

I think so.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:17:52 PM

If someone would take over this, this coin would be a great for targeting Latin american countries which have been mostly neglected by the alt-crypto scene.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: