Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:27:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What we've learnt today.  (Read 84539 times)
Fcx35x10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 05:15:33 AM

interesting  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 05:21:51 AM

A method for statistical analysis and computation of reference limits for ABR latency and amplitude variables is presented. Condensation and rarefaction ABRs from 47 healthy controls aged 4-58 years were investigated. With respect to gaussianity of distributions, the square root transformation was superior to the logarithmic transformation for amplitudes, while the logarithmic transformation performed better for amplitude ratios. Wave V latency and the I-V interpeak latency were nearly normally distributed, while other latencies and inter-peak latencies displayed varying displacement from a normal distribution. Rarefaction ABR distributions were slightly closer to normality than were condensation ABRs. Amplitude vs. following amplitude and latency vs. amplitude correlation coefficients were larger for R than for C click ABRs; thus R clicks seem to evoke a better synchronized neural volley. Most of the correlation between amplitude and latency could be explained by the influence of age and sex. Hence, age and sex matched reference limits for ABR amplitudes, without correction for latency, seem to be adequate in practical clinical work.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 04:48:06 PM

Another means of moving troops to the scene of trouble is the
commando carrier, which is now coming into service. The commando
carrier Bulwark has just joined the Fleet. She is designed to carry One
Royal Marine Commando—equivalent to an infantry battalion—together with
helicopters, landing craft and vehicles to enable the commando to land across
beaches and operate well inland. It can be sustained with supplies from
the carrier for several weeks. She is fully air-conditioned and can maintain
a commando at instant readiness for long periods in any area where trouble
may threaten. She will normally be deployed east of Suez.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 12:29:04 AM

Almost 1,200 pigs were subjected to bio-medical experiments and blast-effects studies during Operation Plumbbob. On shot Priscilla (37 kT), 719 pigs were used in various experiments on Frenchman Flat. Some pigs were placed in elevated cages and provided with suits made of different materials, to test which materials provided best protection from the thermal pulse.

What an absolutely awesome way to make bacon!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 04:07:21 AM

Almost 1,200 pigs were subjected to bio-medical experiments and blast-effects studies during Operation Plumbbob. On shot Priscilla (37 kT), 719 pigs were used in various experiments on Frenchman Flat. Some pigs were placed in elevated cages and provided with suits made of different materials, to test which materials provided best protection from the thermal pulse.

What an absolutely awesome way to make bacon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CErapf79rqM
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 06:07:27 AM

I have learnt that people who get hit by buses make poor ceo's.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 06:27:31 AM

I've learnt that every time I think there's no new Bitcoin drama on the horizon for the next few weeks, I'm proven wrong.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 03:09:46 PM

I've learnt that every time I think there's no new Bitcoin drama on the horizon for the next few weeks, I'm proven wrong.

Is drama the correct genre?

Meanwhile, I'm just going to put this here, for that's the only reason I came to this thread in the first place. (reminds me of RandyFolds)

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 01:10:12 AM

Is drama the correct genre?

Meanwhile, I'm just going to put this here, for that's the only reason I came to this thread in the first place. (reminds me of RandyFolds)

What ever happened to RandyFolds? I went inactive and then he like disappeared.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 12:38:35 AM

Taxonomy has been called "the world's oldest profession",[7] and naming and classifying our surroundings has likely been taking place as long as mankind has been able to communicate. It would always have been important to know the names of poisonous and edible plants and animals in order to communicate this information to other members of the family or group.
fabrizziop

Activity: 506

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 03:05:33 AM

I learned that you must not give your phone number to anyone related to bitcoin unless you want to be called at 10 PM with a robotic voice saying BITCOIN (coming from a known VOIP number)
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:43:29 AM

Taxonomy has been called "the world's oldest profession",[7] and naming and classifying our surroundings has likely been taking place as long as mankind has been able to communicate. It would always have been important to know the names of poisonous and edible plants and animals in order to communicate this information to other members of the family or group.

Did prostitution come before communication? Or the other way around? This is the world's oldest chicken-and-egg problem. Which is never a problem if you ask me. Like all those famous paradoxes, I never find them paradoxical. It's all semantics. Which brings me back to naming things, i.e. taxonomy. Or prostitution. Same thing.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 06:13:27 AM

Did prostitution come before communication? Or the other way around? This is the world's oldest chicken-and-egg problem. Which is never a problem if you ask me. Like all those famous paradoxes, I never find them paradoxical. It's all semantics. Which brings me back to naming things, i.e. taxonomy. Or prostitution. Same thing.

Phylogenetically speaking with both, a tree is involved.
btcANGEL

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 06:45:37 AM

If there's a tree involved, you're probably doing the prostitution part wrong.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 10:24:02 AM

If only there were a book to prove you wrong. Oh, wait...

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:41:01 PM

TIL: My theory that Bruno always has a picture to any conversation, regardless as to its relevance is a fact.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:53:44 PM

Did prostitution come before communication? Or the other way around?

Communication should've existed first, or else how would men ask for the price? lol
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 06:26:43 PM

TIL: My theory that Bruno always has a picture to any conversation, regardless as to its relevance is a fact.

It's no longer a theory.

btcANGEL

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 03:11:02 AM

Okay, you win this round.  Grin

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 03:13:40 AM

Okay, you win this round.  Grin

I thought you would see it Douglas Adams' way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: