Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:59:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What we've learnt today.  (Read 84539 times)
jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 07:19:09 PM

I've learnt that even if you start a brand new Facebook account, from the ads on the right hand side of my new account, I see that they know I graduated in 1978 and even suggest my sister as a friend as well as an uncle I haven't spoken to in a couple decades. Somebody tell me how the hell is that even possible.
The history of your IP address, the cookie files, flash "super-cookies", cookie-less profiling of your machine (e.g. by user agent, list of browser add-ons, version of flash, version of java, system fonts, screen resolution,...) - the list of possible ways any website can track a user is very long and depressing.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 08:44:26 PM

I've learnt that even if you start a brand new Facebook account, from the ads on the right hand side of my new account, I see that they know I graduated in 1978 and even suggest my sister as a friend as well as an uncle I haven't spoken to in a couple decades. Somebody tell me how the hell is that even possible.
The history of your IP address, the cookie files, flash "super-cookies", cookie-less profiling of your machine (e.g. by user agent, list of browser add-ons, version of flash, version of java, system fonts, screen resolution,...) - the list of possible ways any website can track a user is very long and depressing.

I'm depressed! Can I sue them for braking some kind of privacy clause?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 08:51:58 PM

I'm depressed! Can I sue them for braking some kind of privacy clause?

You probably agreed to it somewhere in a long page of legalese.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 09:35:02 PM

I've learnt that lower budget filmmakers are now moving to DSLRs because they shoot high qualty (FUllHD) footage just as well as a professional camcorder and for much less than 1/2 the price.This also seems to be a trend.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 09:36:47 PM

I've learnt that lower budget filmmakers are now moving to DSLRs because they shoot high qualty (FUllHD) footage just as well as a professional camcorder and for much less than 1/2 the price.This also seems to be a trend.
If you are in between (not big-budget, but have more to spend than low budget), you should look at the Red One. I hear it is a commonly used tool of the medium budget filmmaker.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 09:38:48 PM

If you are in between (not big-budget, but have more to spend than low budget), you should look at the Red One. I hear it is a commonly used tool of the medium budget filmmaker.

It's all good to kno.I've known about the RED ONE camcorders for sometime.I originally was reffering to the micro-budget filmmaker (smallest budgets imaginable on earth).I wish I had the chance to play with a RED ONE camcorder.

marked

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 11:10:42 PM

It's all good to kno.I've known about the RED ONE camcorders for sometime.I originally was reffering to the micro-budget filmmaker (smallest budgets imaginable on earth).I wish I had the chance to play with a RED ONE camcorder.

wasn't there a major tv episode (House) filmed with a Canon DLSR. It was season 6 or 7.

marked
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 11:22:54 PM

I learned today that furries and SomethingAwful goons have the same opinion on Bitcoin  Cry
I'm sure the two groups will love to hear they have so much in common
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 12:16:16 AM

I learned today that furries and SomethingAwful goons have the same opinion on Bitcoin  Cry
I'm sure the two groups will love to hear they have so much in common

Now that is depressing. After all we've done here to bring awareness to their movement, they reject Bitcoin. At least we still have a shot at the My Little Ponies. Perhaps if Pinkie Pie wrote a letter...
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:25:32 AM

I've learnt about CashSender: https://www.cashsender.com/

CashSender acts as a payment service provider by creating, hosting, maintaining and providing our Service to you via the Internet. We do not have any control over the products or services that are paid for with our Service. We cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction. As such, we will not be held financially responsible or liable in any way, shape or form for any and all losses incurred in third-party transactions processed through our Services. As a User of our Services, you accept all liability and hold CashSender harmless from any and all losses incurred in third-party transactions processed through our Services. However, CashSender will act to suspend accounts of those members who are engaged in reported fraudulent activities to best protect the CashSender community from loss, and CashSender will make best efforts to assist Users in recovering lost funds by legal means, without guarantee.

This is the first time CashSender has been mentioned on this forum. Is this a viable solution for those seeking a way to purchase Bitcoin?
marked

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 09:31:55 AM

wasn't there a major tv episode (House) filmed with a Canon DLSR. It was season 6 or 7.

marked
Found it, it was a Canon EOS 5D Mk II for the House Season 6 Finale

marked
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 01:36:00 PM

I learned that the most read story is:

BBC News: Wikileaks: Pakistan army officials 'knew of Bin Laden house'

Fox News: Family lawyer identifies Ohio teen suspected in school shooting that killed one

NY Times: Yoga and Sex Scandals: No Surprise Here
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 04:53:30 PM

Danica Patrick sure knows how to avoid a second accident & tweeting while racing don't mix.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 28, 2012, 05:54:27 PM

Danica Patrick sure knows how to avoid a second accident & tweeting while racing don't mix.

She still does more laps than any dancer I've known.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2012, 06:03:54 PM

She still does more laps than any dancer I've known.

I would change rubbers for her 24/7.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 12:58:47 AM

I've learnt about a racing sport that may be a perfect fit for Bitcoiners to bet on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJSX0dSxw5s

I'm sure not many of you have even seen this, let alone heard or read about it.

~Bruno~ (not Luca Bruno)
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 01:38:38 AM

I've learnt about Toroidal Vortices while researching Maglevs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHyTOcfF99o&feature=related

I learnt that Dolphins rule!

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 08:06:25 AM

I've learnt that this woman is upset with seeing those ugly boxes from her front porch. Why couldn't they just leave that beautiful telephone pole alone.

Gretchen Barnard stands on her porch and looks at a Bitcoin mining rig disguised as a cellphone antenna placed just feet from her Hinsdale home.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 08:09:15 AM

I've learnt that this woman is upset with seeing those ugly boxes from her front porch. Why couldn't they just leave that beautiful telephone pole alone.

Gretchen Barnard stands on her porch and looks at a Bitcoin mining rig disguised as a cellphone antenna placed just feet from her Hinsdale home.

Gretchen Barnard stands on her porch and looks at a Bitcoin mining rig disguised as a cellphone antenna placed just feet from her Hinsdale home, satisfied that her husband finally moved it outside the house. He'll be allowed back in the matrimonial bed now.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 08:39:51 AM

Gretchen Barnard stands on her porch and looks at a Bitcoin mining rig disguised as a cellphone antenna placed just feet from her Hinsdale home, satisfied that her husband finally moved it outside the house. He'll be allowed back in the matrimonial bed now.

As for Stanley? Well, he'll still be able to visit when Mr. Barnard is away.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: