Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {ANNOUNCEMENT} WBX Exchange Frozen  (Read 45333 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 08:49:33 PM

I'll ask again: why doesn't Andre have a scammer tag under his name?
Apparently, those are only for repeat offenders or those that may be likely to do the same again. At least according to the administration here, from what I understand. I guess that goes to show why quite a large number of scammers don't get tagged.

Who the hell made the assessment that he's not likely to do it again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 12:23:42 AM

No idea. I made that statement based a wild guess, since the actual policy doesn't exist as far as I know in writing. As far as we can see here, he appears to have disappeared. I'd guess that if he popped up somewhere else with the intent to run another business, he would get the label, but it's hard to tell when existing applications are so inconsistent.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:37:18 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 08:59:59 AM by repentance

Andre's opened a new business.  He's now "CEO" at Progressive Security Services Pty Ltd.

Here's the ASIC details.

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/adf.task-flow?adf.tfId=panelSearch&adf.tfDoc=/taskflows/panelSearch.xml&searchText=progressive%20security%20services&searchType=OrgAndBusNm

Note that the company was registered before the deregistration of High Net Worth Property Pty Ltd and before the collapse of WBX.  Andre is a director of the new company.

http://www.mysecurity.com.au/company/Progressive%20Security%20Services%20PTY%20LTD/609.html

My name is Andre Jensen,I am one of three directors for Progressive Security Services Pty Ltd.
With combined experience of 20 years in security and military we have gained over many years in the industry, we have been equipped with the tools to analyse the basic requirements and essentials in order to improve the quality of our services, which ultimately ensures the satisfaction or our clients.

Andre JensenDirector/ CEO
Progressive Security Services PTY LTD
ABN: 51 153 993 634
Firm: 3504975
617 31026 000
andre@progressivesecurity.com.au

For those wanting to serve legal papers, the business address is helpfully listed in the White Pages.

Mobile Service
208 Herses Rd
Eagleby QLD 4207

It's a residential property which was bought for $235,000 on 15/08/2011.  I'll see if I can track down who the buyers were.

It goes without saying that if Andre has taken the route of personal insolvency in order to become judgement-proof in respect of WBX, then he is prohibited from acting as a director of a company while bankrupt.

The company is offering on-line security certification, among other things.

More info here.

http://an6102.wix.com/progressivesecurity#!about

Some Google bombing might be in order here in order to make potential customers of the new business aware of Andre's track record.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 10:06:15 AM

Andre's opened a new business.  He's now "CEO" at Progressive Security Services Pty Ltd.

Here's the ASIC details.

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/adf.task-flow?adf.tfId=panelSearch&adf.tfDoc=/taskflows/panelSearch.xml&searchText=progressive%20security%20services&searchType=OrgAndBusNm

Note that the company was registered before the deregistration of High Net Worth Property Pty Ltd and before the collapse of WBX.  Andre is a director of the new company.

http://www.mysecurity.com.au/company/Progressive%20Security%20Services%20PTY%20LTD/609.html

My name is Andre Jensen,I am one of three directors for Progressive Security Services Pty Ltd.
With combined experience of 20 years in security and military we have gained over many years in the industry, we have been equipped with the tools to analyse the basic requirements and essentials in order to improve the quality of our services, which ultimately ensures the satisfaction or our clients.

Andre JensenDirector/ CEO
Progressive Security Services PTY LTD
ABN: 51 153 993 634
Firm: 3504975
617 31026 000
andre@progressivesecurity.com.au

For those wanting to serve legal papers, the business address is helpfully listed in the White Pages.

Mobile Service
208 Herses Rd
Eagleby QLD 4207

It's a residential property which was bought for $235,000 on 15/08/2011.  I'll see if I can track down who the buyers were.

It goes without saying that if Andre has taken the route of personal insolvency in order to become judgement-proof in respect of WBX, then he is prohibited from acting as a director of a company while bankrupt.

The company is offering on-line security certification, among other things.

More info here.

http://an6102.wix.com/progressivesecurity#!about

Some Google bombing might be in order here in order to make potential customers of the new business aware of Andre's track record.

Good on him.  Angry Just like I predicted, scammers scamming again and again. Undecided

I wonder if some scam for a living and if you can make a decent $$$ that way Cheesy
repentance

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 10:56:23 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 11:20:29 AM by repentance

Good on him.  Angry Just like I predicted, scammers scamming again and again. Undecided

I wonder if some scam for a living and if you can make a decent $$$ that way Cheesy

The security courses they're offering come at over $600 a pop, so if they can suck people in with their "premier security service" and "high profile clients" bullshit, then it's certainly possible to rake in some dollars - especially seeing they're offering online courses.  

Somewhat ironically, security licences (I checked - their licence is valid until December this year) in Queensland are issued by the Office of Fair Trading - the same government body which investigates scams and fraud.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 01:04:53 PM

So much fail on that site, spelling errors all over the place and built with WIX? Seriously?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 01:17:38 PM

Somewhat ironically, security licences (I checked - their licence is valid until December this year) in Queensland are issued by the Office of Fair Trading - the same government body which investigates scams and fraud.

Unfortunately if they are anything like the equivalent Office of Fair Trading in Victoria you'll likely get no help from them at all (they basically don't take the consumers side but instead are on the side of the businesses).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
repentance

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:11:14 PM

Unfortunately if they are anything like the equivalent Office of Fair Trading in Victoria you'll likely get no help from them at all (they basically don't take the consumers side but instead are on the side of the businesses).

They probably can't help directly beyond logging complaints and informing people about their legal options at the moment.  It's definitely worth those who believe that WBX was operating as a Ponzi scheme lodging a complaint.  People who have a history of failed businesses also tend to come under closer scrutiny, so it's worth getting the WBX debacle put on record for the future.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:38:21 PM

This morning I accidentally spent a little of the WBX funds I'm holding.  I replaced the funds as soon as I noticed.

See http://blockexplorer.com/address/1DodGYjF5LFoKg186jANZV9U8znXjagSzS for details.

It appears nobody noticed my slip-up, but I thought I should mention it anyway.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 05:18:07 AM

Just as a quick update, I've just finished a lengthy call on another matter with my lawyer in Sydney (another $200), and we finished up quickly discussing Andre.  Some time ago, Andre asked me to provide details so his lawyer could talk to my lawyer.  As expected, that was simple bullshit.

Not real news, but for interest.
repentance

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:04:38 AM

Just as a quick update, I've just finished a lengthy call on another matter with my lawyer in Sydney (another $200), and we finished up quickly discussing Andre.  Some time ago, Andre asked me to provide details so his lawyer could talk to my lawyer.  As expected, that was simple bullshit.

Did your lawyer talk to him or did you just give your lawyer's details to Andre via his current contact methods?

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:14:33 AM

Also not real news, but I noticed yesterday that I am no longer Andre's "buddy" on google talk.

I've apparently not seen him online for 59 days, so I guess that's roughly how long ago I stopped being authorised to see his online status:

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:16:35 AM

His forum profile says "May 26, 2012, 03:45:57 AM".  That's about 50 days ago.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
repentance

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:22:47 AM

On a positive note, the BTC Chris is holding have increased in value so if they were to be liquidated and distributed now, people would receive a greater amount than they would have a few months back.

payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 12:50:53 AM

On a positive note, the BTC Chris is holding have increased in value so if they were to be liquidated and distributed now, people would receive a greater amount than they would have a few months back.

unless a few months back they were able to invest them at 7% per week.
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 03:54:52 AM

Any progress on the address check? I'm in the process of seeking advice to serve legal papers.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
repentance

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 05:34:43 AM

Any progress on the address check? I'm in the process of seeking advice to serve legal papers.

I have the address of Andre's new business.

Progressive Security Services Pty Ltd
208 Herses Rd
Eagleby QLD 4207

I think he's running it from his home.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 05:35:52 AM

208 Herses Rd
Eagleby QLD 4207

Do you have an email address for him?  He's not replying to any of the ones I have.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 12:56:39 PM

208 Herses Rd
Eagleby QLD 4207

Wow, what a hovel of a place. If someone wanted to, they might be able to social engineer some info out of the business that has the sign out front in the picture. However the image is from 2010 so it may not be the same owner/renter.

repentance

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 02:16:31 PM

Wow, what a hovel of a place. If someone wanted to, they might be able to social engineer some info out of the business that has the sign out front in the picture. However the image is from 2010 so it may not be the same owner/renter.

It was sold in August last year.

http://www.onthehouse.com.au/buy/property/50263142?PageNr=1

The mobile number listed for Progressive Security is listed in the white pages as that address and the address is also given as the business address of Progressive Security on one of the websites I found.  Andre is a director of Progressive Security so any legal notices served to that address will be classed as being served, whether or not that is his home.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: