Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:09:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {ANNOUNCEMENT} WBX Exchange Frozen  (Read 45333 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 06:55:37 AM

I believe that it's worth taking action against Andre ... because doing so will restrict his ability to operate another business for a while and make him subject to penalties if he leaves the country without permission.

how lovely... glad i'm out... coz i wouldn't even do that to an enemy.

Plenty of sketchy operators (and WBX was sketchy from the outset) are serial offenders.  I have no problem with the brakes being put on their ability to open new businesses for a while.  It's not in the interests of the Australian public that people whose businesses are de-registered and not properly wound up and who don't pay their creditors be free to simply open new businesses at will.

There's little point in people going to the trouble of obtaining judgements against Andre if they're not going to enforce those orders.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 08:06:09 AM

It's a few bucks, and I know someone who can do it for me - I'll hunt some details.

(also watching to see my case in NSW hit the web - as far as I know papers were filed last week)
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 09:07:37 AM

I believe that it's worth taking action against Andre ... because doing so will restrict his ability to operate another business for a while and make him subject to penalties if he leaves the country without permission.

Plenty of sketchy operators (and WBX was sketchy from the outset) are serial offenders.  I have no problem with the brakes being put on their ability to open new businesses for a while.  It's not in the interests of the Australian public that people whose businesses are de-registered and not properly wound up and who don't pay their creditors be free to simply open new businesses at will.

There's little point in people going to the trouble of obtaining judgements against Andre if they're not going to enforce those orders.

perhaps, but in my mind restricting movement is a bit immoral without any proof of wrong-doing.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:23:55 PM

Plenty of sketchy operators (and WBX was sketchy from the outset) are serial offenders.  I have no problem with the brakes being put on their ability to open new businesses for a while.  It's not in the interests of the Australian public that people whose businesses are de-registered and not properly wound up and who don't pay their creditors be free to simply open new businesses at will.

perhaps, but in my mind restricting movement is a bit immoral without any proof of wrong-doing.

No proof?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
payb.tc

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:27:47 PM

No proof?

oh, i haven't seen any. apologies if there has been some.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:30:57 PM

No proof?

oh, i haven't seen any. apologies if there has been some.

I dunno, I figured all the shouting and hand waving from defrauded users that want to chase Andre with pitchforks was enough.  Roll Eyes

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
payb.tc

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 09:35:56 PM

I dunno, I figured all the shouting and hand waving from defrauded users that want to chase Andre with pitchforks was enough.  Roll Eyes

yeah i figured that might be enough for some people, but i was talking about actual proof.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 09:53:20 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2012, 10:04:57 PM by PatrickHarnett

Date of birth and full name (two hits):

17038302   JENSEN   ANDRE RONALD TAWHIAO   21/08/1978     NEW ZEALAND   
18352632   JENSEN   ANDRE RONALD TAWHIAO   21/08/1978    RAETIHI NEW ZEALAND

I have also paid for the ASIC company extract so have several addresses (in Victoria) to cross-reference and have done a PPSR search on Mr Jensen.
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 12:28:22 AM

Date of birth and full name (two hits):

17038302   JENSEN   ANDRE RONALD TAWHIAO   21/08/1978     NEW ZEALAND   
18352632   JENSEN   ANDRE RONALD TAWHIAO   21/08/1978    RAETIHI NEW ZEALAND

I have also paid for the ASIC company extract so have several addresses (in Victoria) to cross-reference and have done a PPSR search on Mr Jensen.

Good work. Donation address?

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 12:36:29 AM

?? donation address ??
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 03:35:45 AM

?? donation address ??

LOL
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 04:56:57 AM

?? donation address ??

Lol to you Patrick...

I'm guessing some of the info you've found and shared you had to pay for?

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 05:03:39 AM

Yes - I paid for two things today - the ASIC search, and $4 for a PPSR search that turned up nothing.  Doing some other things today before I do some more tracking, and pin an address on the claim I'm going to make.  If I can get enough, I might be able to simply sell it to a collection agency, otherwise I'll be heading to (probably) Melbourne or maybe to the Gold Coast and the disputes tribunal.  By June I think my brother will be back in Brisbane, and sure he'd like an easy grand making a debt collection visit.

I think it's pretty clear (or should have been) that taking action against the company is incorrect - it's a personal activity.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 08:48:31 PM

Update: I decided during the weekend I would like another house.  Although I am unlikely to get it, Mr Jensen is unlikely to have it either.

As this is one of the few places where information is able to be exchanged, I provide the following:

I will be taking legal action against Andre Jensen.  This may range from simple debt collection, dealing with his bankers, ASIC (including financial services division), through to a simple bankruptcy proceedings.  One of the positive things about having money is being able to spend some in pursuit of some justice.

However, as this course of action is not available to all of the people that have money tied up with Mr Jensen (due to cost) if you wish to join the deal is 50/50.  i.e. you get back half of what you are owed, and the other half (if recovered) goes to offset costs.   You can pm me with basic details (an email account, and value currently owed).
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 08:53:05 PM

[...] the deal is 50/50.  i.e. you get back half of what you are owed, and the other half (if recovered) goes to offset costs [...]

What if you only recover 50% of what is owed?  Do you get it all, or is anything you get back split 50/50?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
sonba

Activity: 395

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 08:55:37 PM

However, as this course of action is not available to all of the people that have money tied up with Mr Jensen (due to cost) if you wish to join the deal is 50/50.  i.e. you get back half of what you are owed, and the other half (if recovered) goes to offset costs.   You can pm me with basic details (an email account, and value currently owed).
Sounds interesting. Let's discuss in detail but I'm most likely in.
On a seperate note: I was thinking about claiming internet fraud with the state police. All of you were talking about claiming to the trade authorities - why not just state police? I would say he scammed us, so its Internet fraus as well, isn't it? After all he was not a registered exchange with an exchange licence.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 09:05:00 PM

I should have been a little clearer on the 50/50 (sorry).  I am after the recovery of approximately $3,285 plus costs.  That would sit as #1 ranking as that's how it would work if I was running this solo.

If you add another $1000 to the value attempting to be recovered, and I am successful at obtaining that full amount, you get $500, and it scales back from that.  Certainly if I'm only able to get half of what I'm owed, it'll be unlikely there would be any other money for any of his other creditors either. 

(As a variation, if someone wanted to contribute directly to costs, then that would change their position in a distribution.  I think that would be fair.)

If I make a claim to the police, and they prosecute, my current view is that I'm unlikely to get any money out of that, but that's why I have legal advisers.
sonba

Activity: 395

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 09:12:26 PM

So, let's assume I add another $1000 into the claim and noone else joins. You get $4000 back. This would mean that there is an access of $715. I would get 50% of those $715 = $357.5.

On a seperate note regarding the cost: would it be possible to get an official (tax-deductable) bill for the costs?
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 09:19:14 PM

So, let's assume I add another $1000 into the claim and noone else joins. You get $4000 back. This would mean that there is an access of $715. I would get 50% of those $715 = $357.5.

On a seperate note regarding the cost: would it be possible to get an official (tax-deductable) bill for the costs?

If your funds were provided by an entity entitled to claim, or you wished the expenses to be billed to a tax registered entity, then yes (I don't see why not).  The tricky thing in that is that each case/circumstance is going to be slightly different.  Mine is fairly simple as I can show money flow between CBA accounts without any coin trading, so it's a simple cash debt that has not been repaid, so the absence of a written or signed contract is less of an issue.

As for recovery, it might be easier to cover costs first, and then pool all claims, but the basic idea was that if you don't or are not able to contribute to costs, then you could receive up to 50% of your losses back.
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 11:02:39 PM

Y'all going to take this man to court?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: