Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:26:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Karpeles back to living large in one of the most expensive apartments in Tokyo  (Read 10569 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:29:42 AM

why, this guy, is not in jail ?
i don't understand the justice ...  Roll Eyes

I was expecting him to be arrested by now. There does not appear to be justice in this case.
Has anyone from here actually contacted the Japanese police to report his crimes?

I don't believe he has been formally charged with any crime.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:34:07 AM

Look at what pirate@40 did.. Hes not in jail. What Karpeles did was terrible. Im  lucky that I had less than a coin in my account. But hes going to hide behind corporations. Its unfortunate, but we can kiss our coins goodbye and probably wont see anything done to him. Guys like MK are smart, he knew the shit was hitting the fan when the us govt seized the 5million from his us bank accounts.. That should have been everyones clue that they were in trouble.

Remember all of the lies that his "support" team spewed about Transaction M. and delay in withdrawals due to that?

lol

So full of shit. Not 2 weeks later they ended up running and hiding then the word came out they had "lost" a fuckton of bitcoins.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:46:47 AM

Look at what pirate@40 did.. Hes not in jail. What Karpeles did was terrible. Im  lucky that I had less than a coin in my account. But hes going to hide behind corporations. Its unfortunate, but we can kiss our coins goodbye and probably wont see anything done to him. Guys like MK are smart, he knew the shit was hitting the fan when the us govt seized the 5million from his us bank accounts.. That should have been everyones clue that they were in trouble.

Remember all of the lies that his "support" team spewed about Transaction M. and delay in withdrawals due to that?

lol

So full of shit. Not 2 weeks later they ended up running and hiding then the word came out they had "lost" a fuckton of bitcoins.

Yes, I do.. I was VERY lucky.. They  had turned off the btc withdrawal function and I still had like 150-200 coins in one account that I had forgotten about (well, it was in cash so I had to buy coins at an inflated price), I tried for weeks to withdraw them with no luck.. Then one day I gave it a shot... walla, I got them back... I consider myself very lucky..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:48:06 AM

At least he was intelligent enough to run his scam operation in a country where he can screw all of you and get away with it unlike that idiot Trendon Shavers. If pirate had half a brain he would have taken all the Bitcoins and run to Panama.

Trendon did kind of get away with it.

He got away with the crime not the money. That fat latte bellied hello kitty loving fucktard Karpeles got away with both.

Did you lose any money in mtgox?

Yep, I did.

Wow, man. I feel really sorry for you. If I lost my current bitcoin holding to someone like him and afterwards could see him just enjoying life and tweeting about sunsets like he didn't give a fuck or had a care in life, I really don't know what I would do.

I guess it's not really that big a deal. I only lost about 120 coins at Gox. Could have been much worse but a trusted friend warned me to take most of it out a couple of months before Gox lost their bank account. I wanted to leave a little in there to trade with. Although, it would be nice if someone set him on fire while slowly chopping off his fingers one at a time.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:50:06 AM

At least he was intelligent enough to run his scam operation in a country where he can screw all of you and get away with it unlike that idiot Trendon Shavers. If pirate had half a brain he would have taken all the Bitcoins and run to Panama.

He got away with the crime not the money. That fat latte bellied hello kitty loving fucktard Karpeles got away with both.

Yep, I did.

Wow, man. I feel really sorry for you. If I lost my current bitcoin holding to someone like him and afterwards could see him just enjoying life and tweeting about sunsets like he didn't give a fuck or had a care in life, I really don't know what I would do.

I guess it's not really that big a deal. I only lost about 120 coins at Gox. Could have been much worse but a trusted friend warned me to take most of it out a couple of months before Gox lost their bank account. I wanted to leave a little in there to trade with. Although, it would be nice if someone set him on fire while slowly chopping off his fingers one at a time.

Only 120 BTC? That's $72k at today's exchange rate and next year it will hurt much more.

Did you buy your trusted friend a beer yet? If not, do that ASAP Wink
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:57:29 AM

Yep, I did.

Only 120 BTC? That's $72k at today's exchange rate and next year it will hurt much more.

Did you buy your trusted friend a beer yet? If not, do that ASAP Wink

Dude, at one point I had over 1800 btc at Gox and yeah, I've thanked him many times and bought him many beers since. In fact, just a few weeks ago we had drinks at Elbo Room in the Valencia corridor on my dime.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:05:00 AM

I told my friend get the heck out of gox.... And he saved 30 coins just 2 days before SHTF.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:02:05 AM

I had almost 100BTC in Gox! .................in 2011.  Cheesy

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:05:52 AM

I had almost 100BTC in Gox! .................in 2011.  Cheesy

I wish I knew of btc in 2011

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:09:12 AM

I don't understand how we have bounty hunters who track down people over a few thousand. .  yet Mark Karpeles, who supposedly has $300+ million worth in private keys, doesn't seem to be bothered by anyone. .

especially when Karpeles' location is known, he hangs out at Starbucks and he's in Japan (fat white guys stick out).

You would think every Yakuza, Korea and Russian gangster in Japan would be making a beeline for Karpeles and trying to get money out of him.  Heck the North Koreans have kidnapped people from mainland Japan.  North Korean elites could buy some new toys (Tesla automobiles for the elites) if they shove Karpeles on a boat to Pyongang.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:10:22 AM

I don't understand how we have bounty hunters who track down people over a few thousand. .  yet Mark Karpeles, who supposedly has $300+ million worth in private keys, doesn't seem to be bothered by anyone. .

especially when Karpeles' location is known, he hangs out at Starbucks and he's in Japan (fat white guys stick out).

You would think every Yakuza, Korea and Russian gangster in Japan would be making a beeline for Karpeles and trying to get money out of him.  Heck the North Koreans have kidnapped people from mainland Japan on the boat - they could buy themselves some new toys (Tesla automobiles for the elites) if they shove Karpeles on a boat to Pyongang.

Very possible he paid off certain aggressors

zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:16:10 AM

Scary thought, but if btc significantly increases in value, that corrupt fat pig could end up literally being one of the richest people in the world.
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:19:43 AM

Scary thought, but if btc significantly increases in value, that corrupt fat pig could end up literally being one of the richest people in the world.
Imagine if it hits 100000 BTC/USD, then it will be like, "Hi Bill, awesome this is cool, I am around the same rank as you now Smiley"
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:49:20 AM

$1 trillion Bitcoin capitalization = $50K Bitcoin.

That would make Karpeles #13 most wealthiest ($35 billion) in the world but in liquidity he would be wealthier than Carlos Slim, Bill Gates, et al.  Have to realize the wealthiest people on that list are only asset rich.  Remember that someone like Donald Trump almost declared personal bankruptcy several times as he didn't have any liquidity (despite billions in assets).

Bitcoin, being quasi-money, would be far more liquid and Karpeles would be immensely indescribably rich. 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
BitcoinBud44

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:54:13 AM

Lost about 70BTC at Gox.  It stung real bad at first but the pain is easing over time.  I will say this though, since i lost that (about 90% of my holdings at the time) it pushed me away from the BTC scene.  I was an early adopter but wasnt really big into it to begin with TBH, once the value increased so did my interest.  Then that **** went down and I lost a lot of interest (out of bitterness, I think).

I hope Mark burns in hell for what he did.  I lost my down payment on my house.   Sad

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:21:01 AM

Lost about 70BTC at Gox.  It stung real bad at first but the pain is easing over time.  I will say this though, since i lost that (about 90% of my holdings at the time) it pushed me away from the BTC scene.  I was an early adopter but wasnt really big into it to begin with TBH, once the value increased so did my interest.  Then that **** went down and I lost a lot of interest (out of bitterness, I think).

I hope Mark burns in hell for what he did.  I lost my down payment on my house.   Sad

Sad to hear this. But not everything is lost. You will get somewhere around 20% to 25% of the holdings refunded back to you, once the bankruptcy proceedings are completed. BTC14 to BTC18 is no way a small amount. But you should regularly keep in touch with the authorities, to make sure that the coins are properly refunded back to you.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 04:36:52 PM

Mark is now the official /r/buttcoin mascot!

rext

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:14:57 PM

Sorry to hear that man. Losing a couple of hundreds or even a couple of thousands, i could deal with that, but man losing my down payment for my house is like Woah..., taking it to the next lvl.

Man I seriously hope he gives you back your coins as well for the others who were affected as well.
bitcoincal

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:27:02 PM

I wonder what his next "business" venture will be  Roll Eyes

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:44:13 PM

I was wondering how he could (legally) afford hotels and a bodyguard, so to see him in such an expensive place is outrageous.
Mark works for the USA Feds == One possible twist in the story.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: