Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:20:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Karpeles back to living large in one of the most expensive apartments in Tokyo  (Read 10568 times)
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:23:20 PM

It seems pretty ridiculous to me that you would take shits in the middle of the city up high on there. What is this? The place itself doesn't make me mad as it seems full of toxic hair, dust, and pollution. What makes me irate is the fact he spends more in a month than I can make in a year. If I had that kind of money I would be chilling in some island, not in the middle of a city. The bloody bastard. Im Lucky I never put my 0.3 BTC in Mt Gox  Cheesy

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:25:05 PM

I guess one of the flaws of bitcoin... this guy is gonna go free and clear because bitcoin is anonymous. The beauty of it and also the flaw in this case.

Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, but many media/news stories have incorrectly said it is.

I thought it was basically fully anonymous? What aspect isnt? You mean when we fund the accounts or purchase bitcoin?

"While the Bitcoin technology can support strong anonymity, the current implementation is usually not very anonymous."
More info on anonymity:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Anonymity
If you take certain precautions and pay the right price (pay for mixing services) then you can stay anonymous with bitcoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.msg3878992#msg3878992
Zero coin has it's own risks that are not related to anonymity, mainly that of getting enough users to use zerocoin. Another issue is that Zerocoin essentially uses blockchain.info's shared coin on every transaction, and this has proven to not be 100% anon.

You are forgeting the biggest problem with ZeroCoin, if im not mistaken, it generates a file that contains a key that would give access to unlimited double spending, total control. You trust that this third party would destroy the key. This is insanely ridiculous. Im not touching ZeroCoin with a stick attached to a laser point if that was the case.

djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:07:08 PM

Maybe he likes to take a crap whit the entire Tokyo looking at him?
Will the goxing ever end?  Shocked

:]
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:04:01 PM

Perhaps after the courts are finally finished. If the exchange is allowed to re-open, then the Goxing might never end.

cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:21:00 PM

Perhaps after the courts are finally finished. If the exchange is allowed to re-open, then the Goxing might never end.

The Goxing will come to an end and here's how: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=696063.msg7862638#msg7862638
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:46:24 PM

1.6 million of yen for that place? Is too much cheaper  Grin

So, in the month of August I'll travel in Tokyo, and i'll visit the mt-gox side  Grin

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
Stapleddiet

Activity: 89
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:39:29 PM

/rant ggggrrrr my life should of been so different ... loop rant
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:18:32 PM

...If you take certain precautions and pay the right price (pay for mixing services) then you can stay anonymous with bitcoin.

Since 2010 there have been dozens (perhaps hundreds, or even thousands) of media articles that call Bitcoin "anonymous", so many people believe that even though it is not true.
If you use Tor, bitcoin fog, and wifi hot spots then you could effectively use bitcoin and be anonymous.

In reality, unless you are dealing with a lot of money (at least 6 figures, as measured in US Dollar equivalent) then most likely, no one will be able/bother to discover your identity.

How did we even end up talking about how to remain anonymous when this thread started with our Frappuchino loving Frenchman on that island far far east?  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:07:24 AM

...If you take certain precautions and pay the right price (pay for mixing services) then you can stay anonymous with bitcoin.

Since 2010 there have been dozens (perhaps hundreds, or even thousands) of media articles that call Bitcoin "anonymous", so many people believe that even though it is not true.
If you use Tor, bitcoin fog, and wifi hot spots then you could effectively use bitcoin and be anonymous.

In reality, unless you are dealing with a lot of money (at least 6 figures, as measured in US Dollar equivalent) then most likely, no one will be able/bother to discover your identity.

How did we even end up talking about how to remain anonymous when this thread started with our Frappuchino loving Frenchman on that island far far east?  Grin

If the glass tower you sit in is high enough, are you then anonymous?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: