Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:58:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the best cloud mining site?  (Read 11532 times)
TheGeorge

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:44:47 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 07:37:04 PM by TheGeorge

I'm not suggesting u anything. I'm merely providing u facts & figures to think logically. We have supplied enough information to U. Now, u please do some math and show us how long should it take to break even with 0.001 BTC/Ghs accounting for the possible difficulty increase Smiley

Certainly:
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Loss in profit under this contract
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 30% difficulty increment average will never have a breakeven point.
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 25% difficulty increment average will never have a breakeven point.
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 20% difficulty increment average will never have a breakeven point.
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 18% difficulty increment average will never have a breakeven point.

At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 15% difficulty increment average will never have 147 day breakeven point.
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 8% difficulty increment average will never have 88 day breakeven point.

Are you suggesting that we should expect anything below 10% as a running average?

This doesn't include other risks like this cloud mining site being a ponzi scheme and walking away on people contracts after getting enough initial signups(Only open to the public for 3 days and many other questionable concerns from looking at the site) and potential investment lost potential risks of simply buying bitcoin now vs slowly mining through a bubble.

The chance of vanishing in the thin air is applicable for each and every BTC company. So there is no point raising the concern only for www.cloudmining.website. But, u r accepting the fact that U can breakeven even at 15% difficulty increase with the rate they are offering and still arguing ? Now I doubt if u r posting just to pad up your post count to join a signature campaign !!! Roll Eyes
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:47:29 PM

I'm not suggesting u anything. I'm merely providing u facts & figures to think logically. We have supplied enough information to U. Now, u please do some math and show us how long should it take to break even with 0.001 BTC/Ghs accounting for the possible difficulty increase Smiley

Certainly:
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Loss in profit under this contract
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 30% difficulty increment average will never have a breakeven point.
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 25% difficulty increment average will never have a breakeven point.
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 20% difficulty increment average will never have a breakeven point.
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 18% difficulty increment average will never have a breakeven point.

At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 15% difficulty increment average will never have 147 day breakeven point.
At  0.001 BTC/Ghs a 8% difficulty increment average will never have 88 day breakeven point.

Are you suggesting that we should expect anything below 10% as a running average?

This doesn't include other risks like this cloud mining site being a ponzi scheme and walking away on people contracts after getting enough initial signups(Only open to the public for 3 days and many other questionable concerns from looking at the site) and potential investment lost potential risks of simply buying bitcoin now vs slowly mining through a bubble.

The chance of vanishing in the thin air is applicable for each and every BTC company. So there is no point raising the concern only for www.cloudmining.website. But, u r accepting the fact that U can breakeven even at 15% difficulty increase with the rate they are offering and still arguing ? Now I doubt if u r posting just to pad up your post count to join a signature campaign !!! Roll Eyes

No, he pushes scams with his other accounts.

BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:50:15 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 07:11:11 PM by BitUsher

Why would you assume that they hold the alt crap they mine?

I never made that assumption and would always convert my mined alts with my rigs to BTC as well. This was merely for "store of value" reasons however as I would never waste my time supporting and profiting off of scamcoins. Legitimate alts are fine to leverage for profit though.

If you want to discuss an alt cloud mining contract that you think is wise to invest in go ahead.

No, he pushes scams with his other accounts.

Evidence?

Just because many cloud service providers can pack up and steal from clients doesn't mean that they are all equally likely to. There are many ways to tell, and I have suggested one of them thus far, that a business is more likely to be a scam.

Of course I am suggesting that with that rate one could break even with 15%, that's what I wrote right? I am suggesting that new users should try and use a 20% figure as a fair approximation based upon past history and that this rate advertised here along with other issues brings in other concerns as well.

FYI-- I don't think it is wise for anyone to buy cloud mining from any company so it is safe to assume that I'm not some shill for a competitor.

P.S.... It is impossible for me to be trying to bump my post count, check my profile I'm at 14 which means any post I make until the next cycle doesn't effect my activity.
galdur

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:00:51 PM

Why would you assume that they hold the alt crap they mine?

I never made that assumption and would always convert my mined alts with my rigs to BTC as well. This was merely for "store of value" reasons however as I would never waste my time supporting and profiting off of scamcoins. Legitimate alts are fine to leverage for profit though.

If you want to discuss an alt cloud mining contract that you think is wise to invest in go ahead.

I get some alt dogs from Genesis. It´s peanuts, only .25 BTC invested. They need to lower prices by a third at least for me to put in more.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:05:07 PM

I get some alt dogs from Genesis. It´s peanuts, only .25 BTC invested. They need to lower prices by a third at least for me to put in more.

So you are suggesting that in the past it was a wise investment and now it isn't for Genesis?

What product/rate and time period did you buy those alt contracts (the dollar amount you invested doesn't matter as this isn't about you or me but merely discussing the math for new users to learn)

galdur

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:14:31 PM

So you are suggesting that in the past it was a wise investment and now it isn't for Genesis?

What product/rate and time period did you buy those alt contracts (the dollar amount you invested doesn't matter as this isn't about you or me but merely discussing the math for new users to learn)

I´m suggesting that it´s too expensive. Maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:18:30 PM

I´m suggesting that it´s too expensive. Maybe you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

I understood you , that's why I said as much.

So your past .25 BTC invested with Genesis was also a poor investment or not?

You just insinuated cloud mining alts instead of BTC was wise, you aren't reversing your opinion this quickly are you?

If it was a wise investment than what rate/time period/product did you buy?

galdur

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:22:37 PM

It´s not a poor investment. It yields .5-.6%/day. It´s a lousy quarter BTC.

But I´m happier with my bigger .8-1%/day yields elsewhere.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:25:29 PM

It´s not a poor investment. It yields .5-.6%/day. It´s a lousy quarter BTC.

But I´m happier with my bigger .8-1%/day yields elsewhere.

Product/ Time period/ Rate  please. Telling me percentages a day isn't very useful to anyone if difficulty is constantly adjusting. I don't know if you are deliberately avoiding the questions or subconsciously embarrassed to answer directly because you are embarrassed by the results or don't really want to know the truth.

This is one source of the confusion for many new miners as they use simple calculators which don't account for difficulty increasing.

We (hopefully) want to be honest with new miners by properly representing history and future expectations.
galdur

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:29:32 PM

None of your business.

Actually I started out five months ago with 2 BTC and added nothing since then, which now earn about 1.75 BTC/month. Compound interest is a wonderful thing.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:32:45 PM

None of your business.

Actually I started out five months ago with 2 BTC and added nothing since then, which now earn about 1.75 BTC/month. Compound interest is a wonderful thing.

You realize that I am asking for the details that do not invade your privacy and you are giving me details that do invade your privacy; How Ironic.

This isn't about you and I don't care how much money you invested.

I'm trying to have a general conversation about products freely advertised on the internet and need to know the date when invested because contract terms constantly change.
galdur

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:35:07 PM

None of your business.

You realize that I am asking for the details that do not invade your privacy and you are giving me details that do invade your privacy.

This isn't about you and I don't care how much money you invested.

I'm trying to have a general conversation about products freely advertised on the internet and need to know the date when invested because contract terms constantly change.

I realize that you are a contentless nobody that I shouldn´t waste my time on so bye, bye.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:41:02 PM

I realize that you are a contentless nobody that I shouldn´t waste my time on so bye, bye.

Again, stop taking things personally. This isn't about me or you, but about educating new users
with accurate information.

If you truly believed in your products that you are promoting either because you are an affiliate or work directly for these companies than what I am asking for is very reasonable.

You place integrity before profits right? Honesty is important right?

you should try pbmining.com
for best service at best rates

Have you ever made a profit with them? If so what contract /product /date range?
moko666

Activity: 635

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 07:42:51 PM

for best service at best rates
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 07:52:47 PM

for best service at best rates 0.0014 BTC/GHs

best rate = 0.001 BTC/GHs by cloudmining.website

-snip-

-snip-

I'm planning to invest in cloudmining.website and would like to know, except for being new, what are the questionable concerns those are present in this site and absent in PB mining, Cloud Hashing or Hashie ?

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:09:04 PM

I'm planning to invest in cloudmining.website and would like to know, except for being new, what are the questionable concerns those are present in this site and absent in PB mining, Cloud Hashing or Hashie.

You shouldn't invest in any of them but here are the concerns about cloudmining.website

1) recently purchased domain
2) Rates cheaper than competitors (still not wise investment even if not a scam though)
3) Only open for business publicly for 3 days
4) Private whois
5) Lack of known owners and contact information like phone number and address
newIndia
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:17:04 PM

I'm planning to invest in cloudmining.website and would like to know, except for being new, what are the questionable concerns those are present in this site and absent in PB mining, Cloud Hashing or Hashie.

You shouldn't invest in any of them but here are the concerns about cloudmining.website

1) recently purchased domain - I already stated except for being new
2) Rates cheaper than competitors (still not wise investment even if not a scam though) - This does not raise the concern of too good to be true. Because, only a few post back u xplained this rates might not break even either. I am rather chosing them for this rate as there is at least a chance to break even.
3) Only open for business publicly for 3 days - I already stated except for being new
4) Private whois - This is the same for others. I asked for points those are absent in PB mining, Cloud Hashing or Hashie.
5) Lack of known owners and contact information like phone number and address - This is the same for others. I asked for points those are absent in PB mining, Cloud Hashing or Hashie.

Replied in your quote.

moko666

Activity: 635

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 08:20:03 PM

cloudmining.website is a new website and there are not much reviews about them
pbmining.com is an old and trusted site also you can check their thread for customer review about their service
erenna

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:23:08 PM

Let's wait some feedback on cloudmining.website
What's your ROI on pbmining guys?
newIndia
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:25:12 PM

cloudmining.website is a new website and there are not much reviews about them
pbmining.com is an old and trusted site also you can check their thread for customer review about their service

This is no solid reason of rejection. Once upon a time PB mining was a new website too and their design was far worse than what cloudmining.website is today. Moreover I have made money on PB mining previously. I gave it a try when PB was new. I'll give cloudmining.website a try for the same reason.

Let's wait some feedback on cloudmining.website
What's your ROI on pbmining guys?

U r correct. I waited for feedback and hence did not rush in on the first day. Now, as there are +ve feedbacks coming, I think its time to make the move. The offer may not last for long.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: