Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:01:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I no longer work for Butterfly Labs (BFL)  (Read 21083 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:45:09 AM

To the person who said that there were no Mexicans at the plant this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSu5Yyc1bEM (I just found some funny BFL videos for the time-----WOW!)
For reference.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:00:43 AM

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this (I did sign an NDA), but this has really gone on a bit too long and the lies are getting worse and worse.

Late Dec/Early Jan, BFL caught up on all of thier 65NM product lines and were (when available) shipping from stock.  The people on this forum who would daily link to the fact that "X" was now up for sale or was taken down knew before I even did that we had product advertised or delisted.  At that point in time, there was an order placed for 4000 boards to be built into a new type of unit that had just come out... the 250/230GH rack mount.  This is what was being built during the time frame that nibbknot claims we were building Monarchs.  I can very plainly state that there were NO 28nm chips available during that time frame.

The claim that employees were given Monarchs as X-mas presents (which he later changed to singles with the option to wait for Monarchs) is also a blatant lie.  There are at least 50-60 people who can verify that we were all given 2 Jalapenos that ran between 3 and 4GH and that no one was offerred cash or a free upgrade for waiting.  I remember the day well, as I had over a dozen people ask me if I wanted to buy theirs as they didn't want to learn how to use them.  Since I was still saving up money to get a valve job done on my car after it broke down in the parking lot, I didn't take many people up on their offers. 

Check out the link he posted... here it is again... http://www.coinware.io/.  What's the first listing on there?  Nimbus Mining.  Look back to your own posts, you guys ragged about the 65nm product being used to offer cloud hashing at $40 per GH when it was first announced.  Considering there were *NO* working 28nm chips until late April, it was impossible for them to be built in Jan/Feb.

Then there's all the other lies he's told... I'm beginning to doubt this person was ever an employee of BFL.  If you were to ask a REAL employee of BFL, you'd find out that I almost never take a break.  I can count on 1 hand the number of times I sat down at the table in the break room to have lunch.  While I did end up getting a Nexus Tablet from the christmas party, I didn't even take it out of the box for months.  To claim that I'd sit around posting from work is complete horse manure... I can't stand the tablet, I'm too used to keyboards, not tiny little buttons that take me 30 minutes to correctly type 1 sentence.

The plain and simple truth is that all you have to do is go read Josh's posts about the Monarch development and you'll know the real story.  I've lost 45 pounds since I started working at BFL from the stress... in addition, I work 60-70 hours a week, first it was to keep product moving out the door, and now it's trying to get the next one working so we can send it out the door.

Joe... I'll admit, I've been ducking your question for 1 reason and 1 reason only... cause I know you'd never believe the truth.  If you don't count the boards being built right now to go satisfy the cloud hashing for the first customers(as Josh posted), the only boards in existance are in the hands of the developers/engineers.  I've had to relearn skills I have not used in 20+ years (back when I was first in the Navy) in order to change components in an effort to get these boards to run at speed.  You think the customers are frustrated?  You have no idea how the employees feel.  Try spending an hour swapping components you can only see through a microscope sometime...

When nibbknot first posted, he was only at about 50% lies, but now it's like he's one of you guys and has to expand the lies because he's in the spotlight.  Personally, I think he's a coward.  He hides behind anonymity and tosses out the lies faster than Bick does.  You want to see a picture of the 'Monarch' he claims to have built?  https://products.butterflylabs.com/250-gh-s-rack-mount-bitcoin-miner.html  <-- plain as day, THAT is what was being built so feverously back in Jan/Feb.  Click the 2nd picture... 65nm Single boards with black heat sinks.  You're trusting the word of a person who can't tell the difference between a board with 16 11MM chips on it and a board with 2 25MM chips on it, who thinks an underspeed Jalapeno is a Monarch/Single, and who is an outright coward.

I refrained from telling Bick to run with his smoking gun, because I figured I'd get in trouble at work, but now the lies are so overwhelming I don't care any longer.  Take your smoking gun to the authorities Bick and then you'll find that you're just a troll who believes any lie shoveled into your face.  nibbknot seems to have all the answers, but ask HIM for the pictures to back up his statements... Ask him for the proof you demand so often from others.  I know you won't, because you're too afraid the bubble will burst and you'll find you were had yet again.

To the idiots that think I am trying to derail threads:  I rag on Bick for 1 reason... I *KNOW* the majority of what he claims is a lie.  By harping so on his other lies, sooner or later people will start to realize his current lies.  Maybe nibbkknot is Bick's sockpuppet... that would explain a LOT.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:09:48 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 03:45:36 AM by Xian01

For posterity.
I'm probably going to get in trouble for this (I did sign an NDA), but this has really gone on a bit too long and the lies are getting worse and worse.

Late Dec/Early Jan, BFL caught up on all of thier 65NM product lines and were (when available) shipping from stock.  The people on this forum who would daily link to the fact that "X" was now up for sale or was taken down knew before I even did that we had product advertised or delisted.  At that point in time, there was an order placed for 4000 boards to be built into a new type of unit that had just come out... the 250/230GH rack mount.  This is what was being built during the time frame that nibbknot claims we were building Monarchs.  I can very plainly state that there were NO 28nm chips available during that time frame.

The claim that employees were given Monarchs as X-mas presents (which he later changed to singles with the option to wait for Monarchs) is also a blatant lie.  There are at least 50-60 people who can verify that we were all given 2 Jalapenos that ran between 3 and 4GH and that no one was offerred cash or a free upgrade for waiting.  I remember the day well, as I had over a dozen people ask me if I wanted to buy theirs as they didn't want to learn how to use them.  Since I was still saving up money to get a valve job done on my car after it broke down in the parking lot, I didn't take many people up on their offers.  

Check out the link he posted... here it is again... http://www.coinware.io/.  What's the first listing on there?  Nimbus Mining.  Look back to your own posts, you guys ragged about the 65nm product being used to offer cloud hashing at $40 per GH when it was first announced.  Considering there were *NO* working 28nm chips until late April, it was impossible for them to be built in Jan/Feb.

Then there's all the other lies he's told... I'm beginning to doubt this person was ever an employee of BFL.  If you were to ask a REAL employee of BFL, you'd find out that I almost never take a break.  I can count on 1 hand the number of times I sat down at the table in the break room to have lunch.  While I did end up getting a Nexus Tablet from the christmas party, I didn't even take it out of the box for months.  To claim that I'd sit around posting from work is complete horse manure... I can't stand the tablet, I'm too used to keyboards, not tiny little buttons that take me 30 minutes to correctly type 1 sentence.

The plain and simple truth is that all you have to do is go read Josh's posts about the Monarch development and you'll know the real story.  I've lost 45 pounds since I started working at BFL from the stress... in addition, I work 60-70 hours a week, first it was to keep product moving out the door, and now it's trying to get the next one working so we can send it out the door.

Joe... I'll admit, I've been ducking your question for 1 reason and 1 reason only... cause I know you'd never believe the truth.  If you don't count the boards being built right now to go satisfy the cloud hashing for the first customers(as Josh posted), the only boards in existance are in the hands of the developers/engineers.  I've had to relearn skills I have not used in 20+ years (back when I was first in the Navy) in order to change components in an effort to get these boards to run at speed.  You think the customers are frustrated?  You have no idea how the employees feel.  Try spending an hour swapping components you can only see through a microscope sometime...

When nibbknot first posted, he was only at about 50% lies, but now it's like he's one of you guys and has to expand the lies because he's in the spotlight.  Personally, I think he's a coward.  He hides behind anonymity and tosses out the lies faster than Bick does.  You want to see a picture of the 'Monarch' he claims to have built?  https://products.butterflylabs.com/250-gh-s-rack-mount-bitcoin-miner.html  <-- plain as day, THAT is what was being built so feverously back in Jan/Feb.  Click the 2nd picture... 65nm Single boards with black heat sinks.  You're trusting the word of a person who can't tell the difference between a board with 16 11MM chips on it and a board with 2 25MM chips on it, who thinks an underspeed Jalapeno is a Monarch/Single, and who is an outright coward.

I refrained from telling Bick to run with his smoking gun, because I figured I'd get in trouble at work, but now the lies are so overwhelming I don't care any longer.  Take your smoking gun to the authorities Bick and then you'll find that you're just a troll who believes any lie shoveled into your face.  nibbknot seems to have all the answers, but ask HIM for the pictures to back up his statements... Ask him for the proof you demand so often from others.  I know you won't, because you're too afraid the bubble will burst and you'll find you were had yet again.

To the idiots that think I am trying to derail threads:  I rag on Bick for 1 reason... I *KNOW* the majority of what he claims is a lie.  By harping so on his other lies, sooner or later people will start to realize his current lies.  Maybe nibbkknot is Bick's sockpuppet... that would explain a LOT.

With respect to your quote "I've had to relearn skills I have not used in 20+ years (back when I was first in the Navy) in order to change components in an effort to get these boards to run at speed.", this gives more context to PM's I've had with the user that, in my mind, validates the fact that they have been previously employed at Butterfly Labs and have insider knowledge.

Furthermore, "At that point in time, there was an order placed for 4000 boards to be built into a new type of unit that had just come out... the 250/230GH rack mount.  This is what was being built during the time frame that nibbknot claims we were building Monarchs." would seem to be a plausible explanation assuming someone, in-fact, placed an order for 4000 rackmount units.

Edit: Consider nibbkknot is more-than-likely in error, and was mistaken about which chips were being used - They were working with 65nm chips instead of 28nm, and came to the erroneous conclusion they were building products using 28nm chips.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good conspiracy theory just as much as the next guy, and certainly have no love for Butterfly Labs, but let's try to stay rational about this and not get caught up in a wild goose-chase by someone that meant well, but may have got some details wrong.
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:29:55 AM

I've watched and read this thread with interest.  I don't have a dog in the fight, although I've purchased bfl products and have had problems with products that required customer service.  Jody even gave me a tour of the facility back in April-May 2013.  I've never been politically correct, so forgive my ignorance for the following.

For who ever it was to say they did not see mexicans/latinos, etc. working at BFL doesn't hold up.  When I toured there, there were several men and women (some very cute I might add).  Jody said they were college kids.

My personal overall experience with them has been positive.  IMHO, both sides of the finger pointing are lying.  I think Josh stated their policy best one day on their forum.  They only care about their top 20% customers.  So are side deals done for the big fish? Probably. Do they care if your $10,000 or less order is delayed? Nope.  Are they deceptive? Depends on perception.  Illegal? Doubtful.

So let's refill the popcorn and read some more. Don't expect a smoking gun, read what is not being said, and look at it as entertainment.

bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:41:44 AM

I've watched and read this thread with interest.  I don't have a dog in the fight, although I've purchased bfl products and have had problems with products that required customer service.  Jody even gave me a tour of the facility back in April-May 2013.  I've never been politically correct, so forgive my ignorance for the following.

For who ever it was to say they did not see mexicans/latinos, etc. working at BFL doesn't hold up.  When I toured there, there were several men and women (some very cute I might add).  Jody said they were college kids.

My personal overall experience with them has been positive.  IMHO, both sides of the finger pointing are lying.  I think Josh stated their policy best one day on their forum.  They only care about their top 20% customers.  So are side deals done for the big fish? Probably. Do they care if your $10,000 or less order is delayed? Nope.  Are they deceptive? Depends on perception.  Illegal? Doubtful.

So let's refill the popcorn and read some more. Don't expect a smoking gun, read what is not being said, and look at it as entertainment.

If you invested 40k plus (3200btc that would now be worth a shit ton) I think you would have a different tune. I've learned that buying coin and holding is the way to go.. You don't have to tell me 2 err i mean 3 times...
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7993

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:51:52 AM

Given that "intent" differentiates between deception and an honest mistake, the fact that BFL managers are deceptive is not dependent on a persons perception other than perhaps the requirement of normally functioning cognitive abilities.
 Illegal? Acts outlawing deceptive business practices exist in most states in the USA.   It is my hope that any BFL managers responsible for the deception are eventually held to account.

bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:54:29 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 03:43:22 AM by bcp19

With respect to your quote "I've had to relearn skills I have not used in 20+ years (back when I was first in the Navy) in order to change components in an effort to get these boards to run at speed.", this gives more context to PM's I've had with the user that, in my mind, validates the fact that they have been previously employed at Butterfly Labs and have insider knowledge.

Furthermore, "At that point in time, there was an order placed for 4000 boards to be built into a new type of unit that had just come out... the 250/230GH rack mount.  This is what was being built during the time frame that nibbknot claims we were building Monarchs." would seem to be a plausible explanation assuming someone, in-fact, placed an order for 4000 rackmount units.
They may well have been an employee, but if they were, they were either completely clueless about the product being produced or are upset at having been let go.  When I first saw the OP, I thought had a good idea who it was, but then there was the comments about the wife and then the kids and then the sick mother... The person I thought it was wasn't married... but after all the other lies I've seen him toss out there, those now become suspect as well.  

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 02:51:06 AM

BFL most likely did the same thing to 65nm customers.

+1

I thought the same thing last year after waiting over a YEAR for my Singles.

Surely the network would have been small enough at the time to have seen 1000s of singles hiding somewhere?

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:00:16 AM

Late Dec/Early Jan, BFL caught up on all of thier 65NM product lines and were (when available) shipping from stock.  The people on this forum who would daily link to the fact that "X" was now up for sale or was taken down knew before I even did that we had product advertised or delisted.  At that point in time, there was an order placed for 4000 boards to be built into a new type of unit that had just come out... the 250/230GH rack mount.  This is what was being built during the time frame that nibbknot claims we were building Monarchs.  I can very plainly state that there were NO 28nm chips available during that time frame.

The claim that employees were given Monarchs as X-mas presents (which he later changed to singles with the option to wait for Monarchs) is also a blatant lie.  There are at least 50-60 people who can verify that we were all given 2 Jalapenos that ran between 3 and 4GH and that no one was offerred cash or a free upgrade for waiting.  I remember the day well, as I had over a dozen people ask me if I wanted to buy theirs as they didn't want to learn how to use them.  Since I was still saving up money to get a valve job done on my car after it broke down in the parking lot, I didn't take many people up on their offers. 

Check out the link he posted... here it is again... http://www.coinware.io/.  What's the first listing on there?  Nimbus Mining.  Look back to your own posts, you guys ragged about the 65nm product being used to offer cloud hashing at $40 per GH when it was first announced.  Considering there were *NO* working 28nm chips until late April, it was impossible for them to be built in Jan/Feb.

Then there's all the other lies he's told... I'm beginning to doubt this person was ever an employee of BFL.  If you were to ask a REAL employee of BFL, you'd find out that I almost never take a break.  I can count on 1 hand the number of times I sat down at the table in the break room to have lunch.  While I did end up getting a Nexus Tablet from the christmas party, I didn't even take it out of the box for months.  To claim that I'd sit around posting from work is complete horse manure... I can't stand the tablet, I'm too used to keyboards, not tiny little buttons that take me 30 minutes to correctly type 1 sentence.

The plain and simple truth is that all you have to do is go read Josh's posts about the Monarch development and you'll know the real story.  I've lost 45 pounds since I started working at BFL from the stress... in addition, I work 60-70 hours a week, first it was to keep product moving out the door, and now it's trying to get the next one working so we can send it out the door.

Joe... I'll admit, I've been ducking your question for 1 reason and 1 reason only... cause I know you'd never believe the truth.  If you don't count the boards being built right now to go satisfy the cloud hashing for the first customers(as Josh posted), the only boards in existance are in the hands of the developers/engineers.  I've had to relearn skills I have not used in 20+ years (back when I was first in the Navy) in order to change components in an effort to get these boards to run at speed.  You think the customers are frustrated?  You have no idea how the employees feel.  Try spending an hour swapping components you can only see through a microscope sometime...

When nibbknot first posted, he was only at about 50% lies, but now it's like he's one of you guys and has to expand the lies because he's in the spotlight.  Personally, I think he's a coward.  He hides behind anonymity and tosses out the lies faster than Bick does.  You want to see a picture of the 'Monarch' he claims to have built?  https://products.butterflylabs.com/250-gh-s-rack-mount-bitcoin-miner.html  <-- plain as day, THAT is what was being built so feverously back in Jan/Feb.  Click the 2nd picture... 65nm Single boards with black heat sinks.  You're trusting the word of a person who can't tell the difference between a board with 16 11MM chips on it and a board with 2 25MM chips on it, who thinks an underspeed Jalapeno is a Monarch/Single, and who is an outright coward.

I refrained from telling Bick to run with his smoking gun, because I figured I'd get in trouble at work, but now the lies are so overwhelming I don't care any longer.  Take your smoking gun to the authorities Bick and then you'll find that you're just a troll who believes any lie shoveled into your face.  nibbknot seems to have all the answers, but ask HIM for the pictures to back up his statements... Ask him for the proof you demand so often from others.  I know you won't, because you're too afraid the bubble will burst and you'll find you were had yet again.

To the idiots that think I am trying to derail threads:  I rag on Bick for 1 reason... I *KNOW* the majority of what he claims is a lie.  By harping so on his other lies, sooner or later people will start to realize his current lies.  Maybe nibbkknot is Bick's sockpuppet... that would explain a LOT.

Mores lies from the guy who lied about not being a BFL employee while filling threads with his nonsense?
Who cares. Still no Monarchs in the wild. BFL shilling. BFL mining with their customers equipment. Release the lawyers and second amendment enthusiasts!

Just don't get any blood on my popcorn.  Cheesy
Plus, grrrrr Portugal.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:21:19 AM

Well at least you responded, like you said, questionable whether you will be believed.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:31:03 AM

FWIW, while I don't have much insider knowledge in BFL day-to-day operations, I do know that as of right now, Nimbus doesn't have software working for any 28nm BFL hardware.
Only just recently, did we finish getting BFGMiner to work properly with the Monarch (despite the announcement for its support in 4.0, there were some bugs that came up as BFL tweaked the firmware to get to the full hashrate).
Nimbus currently relies on a proprietary fork of cgminer, so they can't even deploy that right now.
And while it's possible they could use software I'm not aware of, I was recently asked (with pay) to help adjust Nimbus's operation so it could handle the Monarch - which wouldn't make sense if they already had something working.
So, at least that part of this guy's story sounds like it's completely bogus (which makes me question the whole thing, even if I can't personally refute it).

Trolls who are going to FUD against my credibility, don't bother: I'm not putting this up here for you, but for the honest people who might otherwise not know better.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:32:47 AM

BFL can't keep playing the "Oh well we made our best effort guess of when development would be done for our products."

If that is true then they have THE WORST development and planning team in history.

Pushing of deadlines over and over and over is unacceptable. I thought the first batch of suckers who bought BFL vaporware would have set a precedent for people to learn from their mistakes. I guess not.

Hey smoothie check this out about how bad is their development team:

You think the customers are frustrated?  You have no idea how the employees feel.  Try spending an hour swapping components you can only see through a microscope sometime...

Year 2014, design and create high performance ASIC chip, BUT swapping small components by hand! An he feels frustrated because of that. Amaizing.

I can very plainly state that there were NO 28nm chips available during that time frame.
Considering there were *NO* working 28nm chips until late April...

So after lying for the last 9 months the shill comes here and wants to tell the truth! RIGHT! Notice the emphasis on the "NO" chips. Please tell us more bcp19. We DO believe everything that you say. There were no chips before April and Inaba will commit seppukku if he misses the power draws! Yes we believe everything that a BFL employee says. Tell us more about you changing microscope components by hand and how were you so frustrated about that. It surely helps your customers who lost money on their BFL pre-order scheme. We know that ALL BFL customers are idiots because you made "ROI" because you asked for a refund.

There were NO chips before April. Please remember that everyone!

nibbknot (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:44:22 AM

I apologize for being a coward and not stating who I am since I'm married and have three kids (the oldest home only parttime). The only person I know for sure on this forum is Bruce with the rest being strangers to me but I want them to know the truth as to what is really going on at the plant.

That 4000 order was a rush job early this year. It was finished long time ago. Since then 50 plus assemblers have been sitting around doing nothing for months waiting to build monarchs first for those who ordered first then for those big hosting companies that ordered last. Think about that for a second before you go hunting for any lawsuits of unhappy industrial clients suing butterfly labs because of breach of contract because you won't find any. Why? Because they all have been made happy is why.

I had to laugh at the part time college students comment. Some in their mid to late twenties. Some with greencards. Some speak very little English. Some with kids like me. All work five days a week (or more) during the hours that college courses are offered. I couldn't do it if I wanted to but somehow the majority of everybody I just stated could. I don't think 10% of them can spell college and please don't take that out of context for I not implying anything rasist. I too misspell a lot of words. The crew are hard working people and many are my friends to today.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
btchedge

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:48:17 AM

I left most recently, and since I'm no longer under their control I can now share with anybody interested two important things.

One, bcp19, whose first name is Bruce, DOES work for BFL. Ask him and I'm sure he'll say yes, but if he doesn't, I have no problem with linking to pictures of him while employed at the plant. He's been there since last fall. I seriously don't know what game he's playing on this forum and what he's trying to accomplished, but I'm pretty sure it ain't good. To be fair, he is a nice guy.

Second. BFL received chips months ago that were intended for what you guys consider the Monarch. Thousands of miners have already made at BFL's plant using those new chips. Ask Bruce that also. He knows. Since you're now curious as to where all them miners went and are continuing to go, here... http://www.coinware.io/. Moreover, HashTrade, NimbusMining, LiquidBits, and Netsolus. The lead guy for CoinWare is named James (I'm not stating his last name because I don't want to get in trouble, but I'm sure you smart guys can figure it out). James visits the plant a lot, walking around assembling unescorted then heads to the offices of management to discuss whatever.

This post is valid https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg6877963#msg6877963 because I was there when two guys from HashFast (don't get the name mixed up with HashTrade) walked the plant with Sonny, David, and Josh.

I honestly don't want to get mixed up with this mess because I have a family and all. BFL treated me pretty fairly while I was there, but feel it important for you guys who have millions still tied up and waiting for equipment to be aware. It's a shame that you guys who ordered first will probably be the last to get your miners. At least when you do get them, you'll make your money back, even if it takes longer than you planned, if I understand correctly how the whole thing works. Still, it's a screwed up deal.

One more thing, for what it's worth. Everybody in the plant knows about Sonny's past, and some not mentioned here, and we all joke about how we are (was for me, now) working for crooks and scumbags, most the time in Spanish when management is not around, of course.

Heck, I might as well add this tidbit, even though it doesn't matter none except to Sonny's girlfriend. Sonny has been screwing one of the pretty Mexican girls in assembly since early last year. I'm not going to mention her name for obvious reasons, but everybody at the plant knows it except Sonny's girlfriend who have a son together. I don't see that relationship lasting too much longer due to them fighting a lot, where then Sonny may start seeing the Mexican girl full time then.

Sorry if I said too much. All I wanted to say was about Bruce and CoinWare and how you guys are getting screwed big time.

Peace.
While trying to inform the public of wrongdoing by a manufacturer is noble, making false accusations about others like Bachrach / Gibson is just as bad. The type of accusations you made could have consequences and should not be made without supporting facts. I can guarantee that Monarchs were not getting shipped as you described. It is plausible that what was being shipped were the rack mountable 65nm product. I do not know this for a fact. However, I can confirm that after the initial batches of 65nm chips were delivered to buyers in the fall of 2013 the supply of surplus chips dried up. This is most likely due to the fact that the price of BTC shot up and the 65nm surplus suddenly became viable again. Obviously, many of them went into rack mountable gear which is what you would expect an industrial scale miner to buy.

If you do a little research you will find that both James and Greg (Liquidbits) have gotten screwed like everyone else along the way with respect to hardware delivery. Take a look at the Hashfast bankruptcy as a point of reference where Liquidbits fighting to resolve that clusterfuck of a situation.

I am by no means trying to refute the known facts about BFL in general, nor am I claiming to know the details of the dealings you reference. I am simply making the point that you need to be very careful not to falsely accuse people of "fraud by association" unless you can prove it. There are plenty of bonafide dirt bags in this community that need to be called out.

Who is John Galt?
nibbknot (OP)

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:52:48 AM

I didn't know Luke was on this forum. I do remember what the crew used to refer to him as and pretty sure Bruce can confirm. When he wasn't around they called him Chupacabra. I'm not trying to be mean all just stating facts of what I know from working at the plant.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:55:16 AM

As least we're getting a heads up on this.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:15:38 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 05:08:58 AM by Luke-Jr

I didn't know Luke was on this forum. I do remember what the crew used to refer to him as and pretty sure Bruce can confirm. When he wasn't around they called him Chupacabra.
I can't help it! Those goats just look so delicious! Mmm!

I'm not trying to be mean all just stating facts of what I know from working at the plant.
Nah, sounds much more likely that your goal is neither.
You're not trying to be mean.
But you're also not stating facts.

What you're really trying to do is stir up fights.
I'm not falling for it.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:21:39 AM

I didn't know Luke was on this forum. I do remember what the crew used to refer to him as and pretty sure Bruce can confirm. When he wasn't around they called him Chupacabra.
I can't help it! Those goals just look so delicious! Mmm!

I'm not trying to be mean all just stating facts of what I know from working at the plant.
Nah, sounds much more likely that your goal is neither.
You're not trying to be mean.
But you're also not stating facts.

What you're really trying to do is stir up fights.
I'm not falling for it.

Sorry Luke.You burned your credibility when you claimed BFL shipped you product oh so long ago, when in fact it was sitting at BFL labs the whole time.

BFL has already admitted to mining with customer equipment (under oath to the courts) and BCP has confirmed his employment with BFL. The rest is just window dressing really.
No monarchs shipped to customers. The same cast of characters singing the same tune as last year. Meanwhile the hash rate moves on.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:41:46 AM

Sorry Luke.You burned your credibility when you claimed BFL shipped you product oh so long ago, when in fact it was sitting at BFL labs the whole time.
Don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

nibbknot (OP)

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:58:17 AM

Don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

I'm not trying to pick a fight or stir up stuff but I can't help but comment on this for a little humor.

"Those goals just look so delicious! Mmm!"
"Don't put words in my mouth, thanks."

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: