Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:35:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shades Minoco / Shakaru / Collections / Debt  (Read 42471 times)
smickles

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 04:59:57 PM

First. If that link will help, I am all for it. second.

I want you to know, people are out to get you with a passion.

I was presented with a request today to short your stock in bitarb.apr to diminish this option to nothing. I have declined this offer but I'm sure there are others that have the funds, resources and motives to do so.

Quote from: Bitsinmyhead on Today at 04:29:34 PM
Shakaru is a theif and is 100% incompetent person to run anything like this. This will most likely end in him either stealing all of the money or losing most of it. Every stock you are able to short is almost a lock to be a 0.5-1BTC profit.
Thanks anyways.
-Bitsinmyhead

I hope you get everything resolved soon and that your ventures do well

Very mature.

Bitsinmyhead, do you understand the investment vehicle in question? In order for you to short it, the original investors would have to sell, likely at a profit. They win.

anyone who buys your shorted shares would buy at less than 1btc, let's say, 0.5 btc.
this would allow the bot to lose, say, 0.4 btc per share and still make the people who bought at 0.5 btc 0.1 btc per share. They win

I encourage you to do that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitsinmyhead

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:12:44 PM

Bitsinmyhead, do you understand the investment vehicle in question? In order for you to short it, the original investors would have to sell, likely at a profit. They win.

anyone who buys your shorted shares would buy at less than 1btc, let's say, 0.5 btc.
this would allow the bot to lose, say, 0.4 btc per share and still make the people who bought at 0.5 btc 0.1 btc per share. They win

Classy to start posting PMs here, but yes I have expressed my opinions on this new venture in the thread in the Trading subforum. I have several years of experience trading futures, I really doubt this bot will make any money, and thus would like to short this company.

As i understand it smickles is also involved in this trading bot and I find it somewhat disturbing that someone who is involved in something like this clearly has no clue what shorting means.

Shorting is borrowing a stock from someone to sell it at current prices planning to buy it back later cheaper. So in this case I would find someone to borrow me the stock so that I could sell it at 1BTC (which is the current GLBSE bid) When the bot loses most of the money in April, the stock will be worth a lot less, say 0.5BTC. I then buy it back and return it to the person who lent it to me, netting me a nice 0.5BTC profit on each stock.

Any other questions? Maybe shakaru and smickles should hire me as a consultant...

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:19:07 PM

Not sure what you mean. Shorting - IS a sale of assets. He doesn't need the original investors to sell him anything, only when he needs to cover his short he would buy the assets back (hopefully at a lower price).
smickles

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 05:24:02 PM

Not sure what you mean. Shorting - IS a sale of assets. He doesn't need the original investors to sell him anything, only when he needs to cover his short he would buy the assets back (hopefully at a lower price).
so then he'd be willing to screw the original investors in order to punish shakaru?

Edit: not that it would punish shakaru at all.

shakaru

Activity: 406

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:24:58 PM

Classy to start posting PMs here, but yes I have expressed my opinions on this new venture in the thread in the Trading subforum. I have several years of experience trading futures, I really doubt this bot will make any money, and thus would like to short this company.

As i understand it smickles is also involved in this trading bot and I find it somewhat disturbing that someone who is involved in something like this clearly has no clue what shorting means.

Shorting is borrowing a stock from someone to sell it at current prices planning to buy it back later cheaper. So in this case I would find someone to borrow me the stock so that I could sell it at 1BTC (which is the current GLBSE bid) When the bot loses most of the money in April, the stock will be worth a lot less, say 0.5BTC. I then buy it back and return it to the person who lent it to me, netting me a nice 0.5BTC profit on each stock.

Any other questions? Maybe shakaru and smickles should hire me as a consultant...

I know what your getting it. It just looks like the tone is to destroy more than make a profit. I already know from the asset chart that some have made 1%, 5% and 15% on shorting which I encourage. People should capitalize where they can.

This wont punish the investors. The capital invested is still going to be traded. It dosent go anywhere but into the bot on the 1st. So they dont get screwed besides missing a lower buy price if this happens.
And bits. Hey, if you think you can help bring in more income, I would gladly pay you a %. We are about btc growth, and that growth means I can bring in more btc to pay into the fund.

Also, if anyone has experience with minecraft servers, same thing goes. There is a side project a few of us are starting up that could use some help. Pm me if you have experience and I can toss you into the loop if you posses some of the skills we are looking for.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Bitsinmyhead

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:31:27 PM

so then he'd be willing to screw the original investors in order to punish shakaru?

Edit: not that it would punish shakaru at all.

I am not punishing or screwing anyone, I am selling stock to someone who is stupid enough to buy this bot stock. Let's continue this discussion in the other thread and stop messing up this one.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
smickles

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 05:32:51 PM

meh, I got a little excited and wrote sell, when I meant lend.
Anywho, the idea which I was trying to communicate was that shorting the GLBSE listing would enable someone, who Bitsinmyhead thinks is a scammer, to scam successfully if that were their intention.

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 05:33:32 AM

If you don't want to apply a 'scammer' tag, then perhaps a new class of tag needs to be made to make it readily identifiable that shakaru is in collections.
Force a link to this thread into his signature with a descriptive title. It's not quite as drastic as the tag, but it'll get the point across.

I considered that (I thought about this issue for a long time, actually), but I believe it's beyond the scope of the forum to deal in any way with cases that aren't totally clear. The scammer tag exists only because everyone expects that the forum will do something in response to scamming, but I don't want to do more than the bare minimum. The forum doesn't handle justice.

This case is very different than terrytibbs' case because shakaru admits that he is in the wrong and he's trying to repay (or at least pretending to try). If a concrete repayment arrangement isn't worked out and begun after a month or two, I'll look at things differently.
The scammer tag also exists to serve as a warning to other people. I, too, considered this for a long time. However, how quickly that Bitarb thing sold out really concerns me.

It's nothing personal to Shakaru, nor do I intend it to be a punishment. Honestly, I think we very well might need a new tag.

shakaru

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 05:43:11 AM

If you don't want to apply a 'scammer' tag, then perhaps a new class of tag needs to be made to make it readily identifiable that shakaru is in collections.
Force a link to this thread into his signature with a descriptive title. It's not quite as drastic as the tag, but it'll get the point across.

I considered that (I thought about this issue for a long time, actually), but I believe it's beyond the scope of the forum to deal in any way with cases that aren't totally clear. The scammer tag exists only because everyone expects that the forum will do something in response to scamming, but I don't want to do more than the bare minimum. The forum doesn't handle justice.

This case is very different than terrytibbs' case because shakaru admits that he is in the wrong and he's trying to repay (or at least pretending to try). If a concrete repayment arrangement isn't worked out and begun after a month or two, I'll look at things differently.
The scammer tag also exists to serve as a warning to other people. I, too, considered this for a long time. However, how quickly that Bitarb thing sold out really concerns me.

It's nothing personal to Shakaru, nor do I intend it to be a punishment. Honestly, I think we very well might need a new tag.

So let me get his right. If we had Ibb or Smeckles put the post up, it wouldnt be amazing if it sold out? Hell, 40% of the shares went to a single party because they knew of this in advance.
Fine, fuck it. Next month. Invite only.

Also, now that my donation status is gone. That btc I donated should go into the fund now that its been taken away.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 05:52:51 AM

Also, now that my donation status is gone. That btc I donated should go into the fund now that its been taken away.

agreed, even if i weren't a stakeholder.

maybe they should delete 1000 of your posts too, so that you're no longer a Hero. not being serious
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 06:56:29 AM

The scammer tag also exists to serve as a warning to other people.

That's the whole point of the tag. Originally I didn't respond to scammers at all, letting traders handle it themselves. But since every other forum bans scammers, not dealing with scammers caused too much surprise among traders (and therefore easy scamming). So I created the scammer tag, which is intended to be the mildest possible reaction to scammers that will still prevent traders from being surprised by forum policy. I want to avoid all other anti-scammer activity.

At this point I don't feel that shakaru deliberately scammed anyone. Since I want to avoid anti-scammer activity other than the minimum required, another tag isn't necessary. The forum should just get out of the way as much as possible. (This is why I removed shakaru's donator title: it was "in the way".)

You're still listed on the donation page. It's only your perks that have been removed. You can have them back once this issue is resolved.

Donations are not refunded.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
shakaru

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 08:28:15 AM

The scammer tag also exists to serve as a warning to other people.

That's the whole point of the tag. Originally I didn't respond to scammers at all, letting traders handle it themselves. But since every other forum bans scammers, not dealing with scammers caused too much surprise among traders (and therefore easy scamming). So I created the scammer tag, which is intended to be the mildest possible reaction to scammers that will still prevent traders from being surprised by forum policy. I want to avoid all other anti-scammer activity.

At this point I don't feel that shakaru deliberately scammed anyone. Since I want to avoid anti-scammer activity other than the minimum required, another tag isn't necessary. The forum should just get out of the way as much as possible. (This is why I removed shakaru's donator title: it was "in the way".)

You're still listed on the donation page. It's only your perks that have been removed. You can have them back once this issue is resolved.

Donations are not refunded.

engh, Im good with that.

As long as I get it back when this is over then.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
bou707

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:21:27 AM

just a reminder, you owe me $150,
my address :
1B5KoUCsZ2YNic6MxMrwbwPsuQ6Dz6ac1C
I can confirm this.

just my 2cents,

I lent $500 to shakuru during the summer(August) for the purchase of cables and reselling them, but this never happened.
I have only asked him to repay me the amount that I lent him and so far he has only payed me $350 and still owes me $150.
It has been a great deal of pain for me to contact shakuru and ask him about paying me back. Everytime he has given me an excuse or delayed it more. Last time I asked him ,he said he would pay within 10 days (~ feb 16), but never got a response from him during this time.
Its been like half a year since I lent him the money and I just want my money back. I feel like I have been ignored and put in the back burner.
I know he has gone through a lot of unfortunate events, but I dont think it should be an excuse to not pay me given the amount of time he had.
I am just really tired of asking him the same question and getting the same response. I just want my money back and get over this.
shakaru

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:45:21 AM

my address :
I can confirm this.

just my 2cents,

I lent $500 to shakuru during the summer(August) for the purchase of cables and reselling them, but this never happened.
I have only asked him to repay me the amount that I lent him and so far he has only payed me $350 and still owes me $150.
It has been a great deal of pain for me to contact shakuru and ask him about paying me back. Everytime he has given me an excuse or delayed it more. Last time I asked him ,he said he would pay within 10 days (~ feb 16), but never got a response from him during this time.
Its been like half a year since I lent him the money and I just want my money back. I feel like I have been ignored and put in the back burner.
I know he has gone through a lot of unfortunate events, but I dont think it should be an excuse to not pay me given the amount of time he had.
I am just really tired of asking him the same question and getting the same response. I just want my money back and get over this.

I messaged you on skype after your last pm on wednesday. You have yet to log back in. Shows messages are still waiting to be delivered.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Bitsinmyhead

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 08:07:06 AM

I messaged you on skype after your last pm on wednesday. You have yet to log back in. Shows messages are still waiting to be delivered.

You are amazing. Is there anything you can not come up with an excuse for?

I am now willing to sell my part of the debt for 30BTC. Any takers? Does not seem like anyone has any confidence in you sorting this thing out.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
shakaru

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 08:23:39 AM

You are amazing. Is there anything you can not come up with an excuse for?

I am now willing to sell my part of the debt for 30BTC. Any takers? Does not seem like anyone has any confidence in you sorting this thing out.

Actually he verified it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:45:46 PM

my address :
I can confirm this.

just my 2cents,

Andrew,

This thread has gone from a chance for you to straighten out your reputation to one where we all now see just how big the hole is you are in.

How many more people are going to come forward stating that you owe them money?

Where is the plan to repay this money?

What is the timeline?

Regards,
gigavps
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:14:25 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2012, 04:46:25 PM by malevolent

I think he mentioned something about taking a job, no idea to what extent this is true.
Anyone living around him could pay him visit maybe?

Signature space available for rent.
shakaru

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 06:12:30 PM

my address :
I can confirm this.

just my 2cents,

Andrew,

This thread has gone from a chance for you to straighten out your reputation to one where we all now see just how big the hole is you are in.

What is the timeline?

Regards,
gigavps

1st question: Thats everyone there. Atleast from the records I have available to me and whats in my head.

2nd: Liquidation, continuation of software sales and bit commerce, income from my pc repair/service, go back to my old desk job and pour every cent I have into repayment.

3rd: Im hopping to have this done asap. I'll have a definitive timeline once I get settled in after moving and be able to figure out what is the best option for the hardware on hand. One thing that would really help would be that if there is a trusted member here in LA that can handle cash->btd so that funds are not lost on banking and exchange fees.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 07:38:29 PM

my address :
I can confirm this.

just my 2cents,

Andrew,

What is the timeline?

Regards,
gigavps

1st question: Thats everyone there. Atleast from the records I have available to me and whats in my head.

2nd: Liquidation, continuation of software sales and bit commerce, income from my pc repair/service, go back to my old desk job and pour every cent I have into repayment.

3rd: Im hopping to have this done asap. I'll have a definitive timeline once I get settled in after moving and be able to figure out what is the best option for the hardware on hand. One thing that would really help would be that if there is a trusted member here in LA that can handle cash->btd so that funds are not lost on banking and exchange fees.

You'll have cash and need btc?  I think I can set that up for a local exchange.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: