Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Unmoderated General Discussions.  (Read 492707 times)
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:14:06 PM

retweetet

so dope is going also to share cannabis?

the dev is from holland right?

Keep on retweeting, we can be added on Bittrex if we show our support, and then big whales will get in DOPE. 1000sats is really possible!!!

This is a post from dope...  their goal is 1k sat?  guys I don't think anything is happening, there is no plan, someone just decided do crossover hype into dope, I see nothing at all that says to the contrary...

Everyone wants a piece of the hype cake Wink

I will make some cake Cheesy or just buy it on Holland Smiley Or just buy it with DOPEcoins Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BeCrypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:15:25 PM

retweetet

so dope is going also to share cannabis?

the dev is from holland right?

Keep on retweeting, we can be added on Bittrex if we show our support, and then big whales will get in DOPE. 1000sats is really possible!!!

This is a post from dope...  their goal is 1k sat?  guys I don't think anything is happening, there is no plan, someone just decided do crossover hype into dope, I see nothing at all that says to the contrary...

Everyone wants a piece of the hype cake Wink

Riding the coattails of the almighty CANN.
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:16:23 PM

Potential investor here.

Let's say I own a dispensary in Colorado.  I have as much business as I can handle because, well, legal weed.

Why should I accept CannabisCoin?

I like the idea behind CannabisCoin and the peg, I just need to understand why more than just this one dispensary associated with the dev will want to adopt it.  Why should I accept a coin and sell my weed at a loss in hopes the coin will accrue in value so I can break even.  Why not just use Bitcoin?  Or Darkcoin since it has anonymity.

Thank you.

You wouldn't want to accept CANN unless you owned a large percentage of it.

It's an easy concept to copy. I would assume many coins will be coming out soon. Probably with bigger dispensary chains.

I think the long term idea for delta9 is to own a massive 1000 store national chain of dispensaries.

That's what I'm trying to understand.  What value CANN brings to other dispensaries.  With one dispensary accepting CANN, the supply AND demand won't be there despite the psychological peg.  If someone can share with me what I'm missing, I'm ready to invest heavily as I love the idea. 
ciccas4

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:17:03 PM

Dope and other coins are not doping the history..cann is doing the history..if you see bitcoin,they're come first...see the value Now..traslate to cann...they're first...so..if you want to buy something that got value,come on cann world,if not,buy dope and pray for your money  Grin Grin Grin
BeCrypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:18:02 PM

Potential investor here.

Let's say I own a dispensary in Colorado.  I have as much business as I can handle because, well, legal weed.

I like the idea behind CannabisCoin and the peg, I just need to understand why more than just this one dispensary associated with the dev will want to adopt it.  Why should I accept a coin and sell my weed at a loss in hopes the coin will accrue in value so I can break even.  Why not just use Bitcoin?  Or Darkcoin since it has anonymity.

Thank you.

It's an easy concept to copy. I would assume many coins will be coming out soon. Probably with bigger dispensary chains.

I think the long term idea for delta9 is to own a massive 1000 store national chain of dispensaries.

That's what I'm trying to understand.  What value CANN brings to other dispensaries.  With one dispensary accepting CANN, the supply AND demand won't be there despite the psychological peg.  If someone can share with me what I'm missing, I'm ready to invest heavily as I love the idea. 

The Canndy strand will only be sold for CANN Coins.
GumboToGumbo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:25:03 PM

In case you all wondering how CANN price will go much higher, just think about CANN be decoupled from BTC value and will have a direct fiat value.

View BTC as just another option to buy CANN coins with on the 20th October.
Normandoyle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

meow

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:27:37 PM

Potential investor here.

Thank you.

CANN is a global movement. The chances of another coin being able to mimic the success of CANN is slim.
A new coin with bigger dispensery chains? Unlikely, and only possible if it were started by a Government.

That being said, Cannabiscoin is becoming a standard in Cryptocurrency payments.

If a dispensery were to accept CANN, they would want to sell CANNdy and other cannabiscoin products.
Selling their OWN product for CANN is risky at this point, but the benefits will always outweigh the risks.

Cannabiscoin is for patients, not profits.
Patience, patients.
Patients, Patience!
ared

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:28:29 PM

Potential investor here.

Thank you.

First of all, by accepting the CANN Peg, you are being part of the CANN Movement. And the goal is to allow patients access to affordable medication.

Secondly, since CannabisCoin is pegged at 1:1, meaning 1 CANN per Gram of Cannabis, CannabisCoin will be a MORE STABLE cryptocurrency than Bitcoin or Darkcoin.
For example, Bitcoin is already accepted by a dispensary in Washington (http://www.coindesk.com/washington-dispensary-now-takes-bitcoin-cannabis/)
Now imagine how volatile Bitcoin can be and as a business owner, if you do not instant-exchange your Bitcoin for Fiat, you might take a big loss the next day.

As for a customer, today he may pay for a gram of Strain A @ 0.05 BTC, since BTC price now is $400, so thats about $20 he is paying for a gram of Strain A.
However, perhaps BTC drops by 10% tmr, then the cost in BTC to the customer has just gone up by 10%, so he now has to pay 0.055 BTC.

Whereas, by using CannabisCoin, whatever the price of CannabisCoin, the price to a customer and the dispensary will ALWAYS be the same since the Peg is 1:1, so 1 CANN per Gram of Cannabis.
Hence, CannabisCoin is LESS Volatile and MORE Stable, a better choice for dispensaries among many other cryptocurrencies out there!

Thirdly, as for selling Cannabis at a loss, yes for the short-term, it is paper loss. Not that I am expecting you to instant-exchange Cannabis for Fiat until at least near parity or at parity.

Lastly, the question now in your head is, then how long do I have to wait for CannabisCoin price to reach parity and while waiting, what do I stand to gain? Simple.
You end up with MORE NEW Customers. Customers that got to know you because of the CANN Peg may end up being a long-term customer. (Think the Groupon effect here, small loss on a single product/service in exchange for new customers)
And once the news spread that there are dispensaries that have adopted the CANN Peg, it won't take long for the price of 1 CannabisCoin to reach parity to the average price of 1 Gram of Cannabis.

Oh and 1 more thing, why should dispensaries get involved with crypto in the 1st place?
Well, blame the banks for being so hostile to dispensaries. The banks do not want to deal with dispensaries and many are unbanked even up to today!

So what's the risk to the cannabis industry by being unbanked which some may ask?
Well, it’s a massive public safety risk where having a lot of cash on site makes cannabis businesses savory targets to and for criminals.
It also creates ample difficulties for doing business on a day-to-day basis where you cannot offer customers debit or credit card services and where paying your taxes and payroll is very, very challenging.

Read more here:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/08/31/pot-marijuana-industry/13628491/

MyFarm

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:29:00 PM

Potential investor here.

Thank you.

I don't see any special value there.  There are countless strains at this point.  If I own a dispensary and have a ton of business, there's no reason for me to bring in a new strain that I have to sell at a loss initially.  Unless someone can point out what I'm missing.
AllCoinedUp

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:30:11 PM

how can u be sure it will be 1$ in 7days

Go research the coin and learn about the event and business plan then you will know.

lol the marketcap of 4.5 million dollar right now is really insane, but it will never reach 1 dollar = 91 million dollar marketcap
this would mean over 220.000 satoshi, lol you guys are funny here.  Grin
dopecoin price atm also over 400% looooool

@ 45 satoshi and it can go like cann to 10.000 because there are also atm about 100 million coins from dope like cann

https://www.allcoin.com/trade/DOPE_BTC

its insane what is happening with all this cannabis coin  Grin

https://twitter.com/klinthoufy/status/522010316826509313
Oh so NOW you believe it can reach $10?  you just wanted to find one for cheaper and advertise it here so it's less of a risk for you with the same rewards, eh?  good try, but I noticed, lol

no, why i should believe it can reach 10 Dollar? this would be a marketcap of 950 million dollar
pls read correct than write, thx.

the marketcap of dope is 20k dollar now, it can easy go to 1 million, but no coin can go easy from 4 million to = 950 million dollar marketcap (what would be 10 dollar for 1 cann)

indeed, that would be unprecedented growth. also un likely imo off of one store. Good to see it rising tho!

MyFarm

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:30:46 PM

Potential investor here.

Thank you.

CANN is a global movement. The chances of another coin being able to mimic the success of CANN is slim.
A new coin with bigger dispensery chains? Unlikely, and only possible if it were started by a Government.

That being said, Cannabiscoin is becoming a standard in Cryptocurrency payments.

If a dispensery were to accept CANN, they would want to sell CANNdy and other cannabiscoin products.
Selling their OWN product for CANN is risky at this point, but the benefits will always outweigh the risks.

Cannabiscoin is for patients, not profits.
Patience, patients.
Patients, Patience!

That doesn't answer my question of why I should accept CANN if I am a dispensary owner.
Normandoyle

meow

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:31:15 PM

Potential investor here.

Thank you.

I don't see any special value there.  There are countless strains at this point.  If I own a dispensary and have a ton of business, there's no reason for me to bring in a new strain that I have to sell at a loss initially.  Unless someone can point out what I'm missing.

I'd wait for the CANN devs to respond to you.
DON'T let us influence your decision.

Get in here D9!
baxto

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:32:25 PM

Man i have a significant amount of CANN coins stuck in a wallet that i accidently formatted the hard drive on and didnt backup the wallet. I was unable to retrieve the wallet.dat even after trying some recovery programs, does anyone know any other way i can possibly retrieve those coins?

Depends on the type of formatting you did and if that cluster of the hard disk has been re-used. How many were lost?

over 3,000 coins. I went from windows to linux so i had to wipe the HD clean and partition it for Linux
Normandoyle

meow

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:33:25 PM

Man i have a significant amount of CANN coins stuck in a wallet that i accidently formatted the hard drive on and didnt backup the wallet. I was unable to retrieve the wallet.dat even after trying some recovery programs, does anyone know any other way i can possibly retrieve those coins?

Depends on the type of formatting you did and if that cluster of the hard disk has been re-used. How many were lost?

over 3,000 coins. I went from windows to linux so i had to wipe the HD clean and partition it for Linux

must be frustrating Sad
MyFarm

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:38:11 PM

Potential investor here.

I like the idea behind CannabisCoin and the peg, I just need to understand why more than just this one dispensary associated with the dev will want to adopt it.  Why should I accept a coin and sell my weed at a loss in hopes the coin will accrue in value so I can break even.  Why not just use Bitcoin?  Or Darkcoin since it has anonymity.

Thank you.

First of all, by accepting the CANN Peg, you are being part of the CANN Movement. And the goal is to allow patients access to affordable medication.
As an angel investor, I hear pitches all the time from people where the main crux of their argument is that this will make a positive difference in the world. While that's nice, I already donate to charities and am not interested in another one.  I want to know where the value is and, "It's the right thing to do" is not valuable unfortunately.

Secondly, since CannabisCoin is pegged at 1:1, meaning 1 CANN per Gram of Cannabis, CannabisCoin will be a MORE STABLE cryptocurrency than Bitcoin or Darkcoin.
For example, Bitcoin is already accepted by a dispensary in Washington (http://www.coindesk.com/washington-dispensary-now-takes-bitcoin-cannabis/)
Now imagine how volatile Bitcoin can be and as a business owner, if you do not instant-exchange your Bitcoin for Fiat, you might take a big loss the next day.
I would agree IF a LOT of dispensaries were accepting CannabisCoin.  I want to know WHY dispensaries should accept CannabisCoin.  Because if they don't, then the peg won't matter in the medium to long run.

Lastly, the question now in your head is, then how long do I have to wait for CannabisCoin price to reach parity and while waiting, what do I stand to gain? Simple.
You end up with MORE NEW Customers. Customers that got to know you because of the CANN Peg may end up being a long-term customer. (Think the Groupon effect here, small loss on a single product/service in exchange for new customers)
And once the news spread that there are dispensaries that have adopted the CANN Peg, it won't take long for the price of 1 CannabisCoin to reach parity to the average price of 1 Gram of Cannabis.
Most dispensaries already have plenty of customers.  There's no reason for them to accept a coin that will result in them getting more customers which would cause them to lose money on every transaction.

CannaisCoin has to hit the tipping point with dispensaries.  I want to know how and why that is going to happen and I haven't heard the answer yet.  I do hope there is an answer though as I'd love to get on board.

Oh and 1 more thing, why should dispensaries get involved with crypto in the 1st place?
Well, blame the banks for being so hostile to dispensaries. The banks do not want to deal with dispensaries and many are unbanked even up to today!

So what's the risk to the cannabis industry by being unbanked which some may ask?
Well, it’s a massive public safety risk where having a lot of cash on site makes cannabis businesses savory targets to and for criminals.
It also creates ample difficulties for doing business on a day-to-day basis where you cannot offer customers debit or credit card services and where paying your taxes and payroll is very, very challenging.

Read more here:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/08/31/pot-marijuana-industry/13628491/
Agreed.  But why should I use Cannabiscoin at a loss over Bitcoin with its sider adoption or Darkcoin and its anonymity?
Normandoyle

meow

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:40:05 PM

Waiting for the Cannabiscoin devs to get in here!
AllCoinedUp

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:42:11 PM

Potential investor here.

I like the idea behind CannabisCoin and the peg, I just need to understand why more than just this one dispensary associated with the dev will want to adopt it.  Why should I accept a coin and sell my weed at a loss in hopes the coin will accrue in value so I can break even.  Why not just use Bitcoin?  Or Darkcoin since it has anonymity.

Thank you.

As for a customer, today he may pay for a gram of Strain A @ 0.05 BTC, since BTC price now is $400, so thats about $20 he is paying for a gram of Strain A.
However, perhaps BTC drops by 10% tmr, then the cost in BTC to the customer has just gone up by 10%, so he now has to pay 0.055 BTC.

Whereas, by using CannabisCoin, whatever the price of CannabisCoin, the price to a customer and the dispensary will ALWAYS be the same since the Peg is 1:1, so 1 CANN per Gram of Cannabis.
Hence, CannabisCoin is LESS Volatile and MORE Stable, a better choice for dispensaries among many other cryptocurrencies out there!

Thirdly, as for selling Cannabis at a loss, yes for the short-term, it is paper loss. Not that I am expecting you to instant-exchange Cannabis for Fiat until at least near parity or at parity.

Read more here:

Wow, pump much?  I like the idea and all but we need to be realistic. By saying its will be more stable than BTC is just plain non sense. I dont even need to explain that... Roll Eyes

And you must know nothing about biz and Groupon. It is detrimental to small business! There are plenty of horror stories about it. I own a restaurant and food trailer and have seen it first hand.  In a simple math explanation, no small biz can make money (even if you get new customers, which you wont as Groupners are the most fickle customer base that exist) on 25 cents to the dollar. There is no money there left, ive had friends try it after i strongly suggested otherwise. They said they can make it up on volume and new customer (the sales pitch from Groupon). lol, how do you 'make it up one volume' if you are losing .75 cents per dollar on every sale. Groupon should go out of business. Sorry for the rant, but ppl need to know about their scam, unless you are a HUGE corp, it will COST you money with very little customer retention.

And the local banks are working with them. Im not trying to say this is a bad buy or anything just putting my 2 cents of reality. Like the above post, its cap would need to be around 1B. Seems unlikely with one dispensary taking it.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:43:19 PM

I have 100 coins from a giveaway unconfirmed been sitting in wallet since April and the TXID is not on the block chain explorer, did I miss some exchange of coins or something?

I'm on the latest wallet 0.8.6.3 and wallet is synced

Date: 21/04/2014 07:50
Credit: 100.00 CANN
Net amount: +100.00 CANN
Transaction ID: 46060387f07423ecb36828cc78183254c468315c582ccb4b06f0d86a7ea59eba
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:43:36 PM

Potential investor here.

Thank you.

As an angel investor, I hear pitches all the time from people where the main crux of their argument is that this will make a positive difference in the world. While that's nice, I already donate to charities and am not interested in another one.  I want to know where the value is and, "It's the right thing to do" is not valuable unfortunately.

I would agree IF a LOT of dispensaries were accepting CannabisCoin.  I want to know WHY dispensaries should accept CannabisCoin.  Because if they don't, then the peg won't matter in the medium to long run.

Most dispensaries already have plenty of customers.  There's no reason for them to accept a coin that will result in them getting more customers which would cause them to lose money on every transaction.

CannaisCoin has to hit the tipping point with dispensaries.  I want to know how and why that is going to happen and I haven't heard the answer yet.  I do hope there is an answer though as I'd love to get on board.

Read more here:
Agreed.  But why should I use Cannabiscoin at a loss over Bitcoin with its sider adoption or Darkcoin and its anonymity?

You are forgetting that bitcoin was once worth nothing, not all that long ago...  If I would have told you 4 years ago Bitcoin would hit $1,000, you would have laughed as well...

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:44:23 PM

Potential investor here.

Thank you.

Read more here:

Assuming cann is already at pegged value and stable, what would your objections be?

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: