Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:43:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Techcoin [TECH] [186,985 PoW coins 4% PoS] [BITTREX] [ALLCOIN]  (Read 69845 times)
thectspot

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Half Asian, Half Crypto

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:20:19 PM

This coin is suffering from dev neglect.

Finally have a word on the block explorer "block explorer is offline due to none payment"

should have posted that up in the forum when u took it down.

so, nothing was paid out, we can't expect it to be updated, nobody is gonna want to pay hundreds of dollars for it.  Time to regroup and plan a community stakeholder takeover.

I am starting work on block explorer hosting since that will at least get Allcoin back on board.  I have secured a cheap domain name, next is cheap hosting, then learning.

Block 5053 now "netstakeweight" : 143,  <-  still falling.

how would you take it over if the dev still controls the github?
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:36:04 PM

This coin is suffering from dev neglect.

Finally have a word on the block explorer "block explorer is offline due to none payment"

should have posted that up in the forum when u took it down.

so, nothing was paid out, we can't expect it to be updated, nobody is gonna want to pay hundreds of dollars for it.  Time to regroup and plan a community stakeholder takeover.

I am starting work on block explorer hosting since that will at least get Allcoin back on board.  I have secured a cheap domain name, next is cheap hosting, then learning.

Block 5053 now "netstakeweight" : 143,  <-  still falling.

how would you take it over if the dev still controls the github?

Start a new github with a different name and updated code, start a new thread and direct people there.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:21:31 AM

I have like 3000 TECH I withdrew from bittrex 2 days ago, broken up into about a dozen different transactions.  They are all still 3 blocks away from confirming.  If we can get a few more blocks to move and get these guys eligible for stake, it should be enough to get the blockchain moving.
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:24:48 AM

Curious, so if the min stake age was set to an hour in the latest version of the wallet, the blockchain measures time in blocks, not actual time correct?  So these coins I withdrew would need not be eligible for 60 blocks, not literally an hour?  If thats the case, then yeah, we need a fork and community takeover because we won't ever get that far.
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:55:53 PM

Any updates on the explorer??

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
cecilbdemented

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:11:53 PM

Curious, so if the min stake age was set to an hour in the latest version of the wallet, the blockchain measures time in blocks, not actual time correct?  So these coins I withdrew would need not be eligible for 60 blocks, not literally an hour?  If thats the case, then yeah, we need a fork and community takeover because we won't ever get that far.

That's correct, we need to fork and reduce nTargetSpacing to increase the rate at which blocks are generated.  Reducing the stake age won't help with moving the blockchain.
cecilbdemented

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:13:00 PM

We also need a new seed node, or remove it and post nodes for a conf file.  The one in the code is running v1.0.0.1.
edn247

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:01:08 AM

That's correct, we need to fork and reduce nTargetSpacing to increase the rate at which blocks are generated.  Reducing the stake age won't help with moving the blockchain.

What about stake difficulty?  Isn't that the reason it's taking so long to get the next block, kind of like PoW after big hash power leaves?  The target time is 60 seconds, do we really want to reduce it to get things moving, then increase it later to correct the block rate?  If we lower the initial difficulty that should get block time closer to 60s target, right?

I think if we are determined to keep the coin as PoS only there are a bunch of numbers needing to change, but let's gather some more opinions on what numbers to change...  I am new at this, so any info you have about other coins n stuff would help.

I am also open to (and in favour of) re-starting PoW, mostly as a way to generate blocks and get transactions moving, using a very low block reward so that it's still primarily a PoS coin.
cecilbdemented

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:21:26 PM

What about stake difficulty?  Isn't that the reason it's taking so long to get the next block, kind of like PoW after big hash power leaves?  The target time is 60 seconds, do we really want to reduce it to get things moving, then increase it later to correct the block rate?  If we lower the initial difficulty that should get block time closer to 60s target, right?

I think if we are determined to keep the coin as PoS only there are a bunch of numbers needing to change, but let's gather some more opinions on what numbers to change...  I am new at this, so any info you have about other coins n stuff would help.

I am also open to (and in favour of) re-starting PoW, mostly as a way to generate blocks and get transactions moving, using a very low block reward so that it's still primarily a PoS coin.

The POS difficulty is 0.00024414.  It doesn't really get much lower than that.  I've been looking over the code and comparing it to other coins and I'm starting to think that this is a problem that isn't going to be fixed by coding, but by fixing the network.  The first thing we need to do is identify nodes that are updated and consistently online.  The only one I've found so far is 24.85.126.229:57697.  We should also contact Bittrex and make sure they have the updated wallet.  We also need to get a block explorer up and running so we can take a look at what's happening on the blockchain.
edn247

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:19:37 AM

The POS difficulty is 0.00024414.  It doesn't really get much lower than that.  I've been looking over the code and comparing it to other coins and I'm starting to think that this is a problem that isn't going to be fixed by coding, but by fixing the network.  The first thing we need to do is identify nodes that are updated and consistently online.  The only one I've found so far is 24.85.126.229:57697.  We should also contact Bittrex and make sure they have the updated wallet.  We also need to get a block explorer up and running so we can take a look at what's happening on the blockchain.

Yeah, that guy...  err...  yeah   Smiley

My weekend starts tomorrow, I should have enough time to learn what is needed to get a block explorer up.

I guess we should start a new thread so that the latest version is in the OP, that might help, and establish the fact that this thread, and thus coin has been abandoned.
cecilbdemented

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:34:29 AM

Yeah, we'll need to start a new thread but not until we have a working block explorer and fixed wallets, otherwise it will be ignored.
svat

Activity: 86
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:43:59 AM

what should be the contents of the file techcoin.conf to make wallet work properly ?
AngryMiner

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:05:18 AM

Any word on the takover of this coin, or has the dev returned?
TechcoinCommunity

Activity: 95

[TECH] TechCoin Community

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 02:50:40 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 05:12:43 PM by TechcoinCommunity

A community takeover is in progress.  An updated wallet is needed to fix the slow blockchain, and we are also working on a new block explorer.  Please watch for an announcement in the coming days.

| Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Website Template | Block Explorer | YoBit.Net |
[TECH] TechCoin @ 4% APR | 192,471+ Supply | 300K Total | Low Inflation | June 24th, 2014 {05:06:55}
TechcoinCommunity

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 04:38:51 AM

We are in desperate need of a block explorer.  We can't fix the wallet without one.  We obviously have no premine to offer a bounty, but we will work to gather donations for anyone that can provide a working block explorer and will put your BTC and TECH addresses in the OP of the new thread and encourage the community to donate.

The original dev was an asshole who thought that he could manipulate his code and the market and just move on to his next con, or we as a community can say "no, we will not accept this bullshit" and crypto is not a game for scammers....WE believe that cryptocurrency is the future.  You turned your premine into a tiny amount of BTC....others invested even more BTC into this. 

So what are we going to do, Techcoin Community?  Are we going to just lay down and say "another dead coin," or are going to stand up and say "ENOUGH?!"

[TECH] TechCoin @ 4% APR | 192,471+ Supply | 300K Total | Low Inflation | June 24th, 2014 {05:06:55}
zarton

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:33:12 AM

Hope you guys can repair this coin.

sixteendigits

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:57:28 AM

Well the TECH I withdrew from bittrex finally confirmed.  If we can all just hang tight for about 2 months, my coins should be enough to move the blockchain along.   Undecided
bittybit11

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:15:21 PM

what should be the contents of the file techcoin.conf to make wallet work properly ?

wallet not working. any idea of techcoin.conf?

TechcoinCommunity

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 07:54:39 PM

wallet not working. any idea of techcoin.conf?

The wallet is broken.  Nodes won't help you.  We can fix it but we need to bring somebody on board that can develop a working block explorer.  We don't need it hosted, at least not right away, we just need to look at blocks 5000 and 5001 on the good fork so we can hardcode a checkpoint in the new wallet.

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:06:46 PM

I'm just a small fish but I have 5 TECH sitting on bittrex I'll put towards the bounty for the new wallet/explorer  (something like judgecoins version on the silk wallet could look really cool with a TECH design)

might donate a lil more if some progress is made Smiley

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: