Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:50:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Techcoin [TECH] [186,985 PoW coins 4% PoS] [BITTREX] [ALLCOIN]  (Read 69839 times)
techcoinproject (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:42:24 PM

Shooting in the dark here without more detail, but did you download the blockchain that's posted in the OP?

I did not, I just grabbed the wallet. I will get it downloaded and see if that solves the issues, thanks!

We've hardforked the blockchain to keep it alive, and as a result it doesn't sync up past block 3 on it's own.  I've identified the reason this happens and I've found some code from another coin that did a similar hard fork.  We are working on getting the wallet back to 100% autonomous syncing, and then possibly integrating another future hard fork to return the specs close to the way they were originally.

Once we iron out the lingering bugs and release the next version it would be a good time to re-launch with a fresh thread to get people noticing that we're out of the woods.  I'll check to see what we can do about cryptocointalk - there might be a thread or something already.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:07:37 PM

Shooting in the dark here without more detail, but did you download the blockchain that's posted in the OP?

I did not, I just grabbed the wallet. I will get it downloaded and see if that solves the issues, thanks!

We've hardforked the blockchain to keep it alive, and as a result it doesn't sync up past block 3 on it's own.  I've identified the reason this happens and I've found some code from another coin that did a similar hard fork.  We are working on getting the wallet back to 100% autonomous syncing, and then possibly integrating another future hard fork to return the specs close to the way they were originally.

Once we iron out the lingering bugs and release the next version it would be a good time to re-launch with a fresh thread to get people noticing that we're out of the woods.  I'll check to see what we can do about cryptocointalk - there might be a thread or something already.

at least having the blockchain there for download makes it nice and fast for people, is there a way to include it in the wallet zip? so it's just one download?

I'm up to 1400 TECH now... I'm hoping for a decent night of tips so I can buy another few K before price jumps, really not that many coins on the sell wall so I'm hope'n tonights a good night for me

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:04:16 PM

We've hardforked the blockchain to keep it alive, and as a result it doesn't sync up past block 3 on it's own.  I've identified the reason this happens and I've found some code from another coin that did a similar hard fork.  We are working on getting the wallet back to 100% autonomous syncing, and then possibly integrating another future hard fork to return the specs close to the way they were originally.

Once we iron out the lingering bugs and release the next version it would be a good time to re-launch with a fresh thread to get people noticing that we're out of the woods.  I'll check to see what we can do about cryptocointalk - there might be a thread or something already.

at least having the blockchain there for download makes it nice and fast for people, is there a way to include it in the wallet zip? so it's just one download?

I'm up to 1400 TECH now... I'm hoping for a decent night of tips so I can buy another few K before price jumps, really not that many coins on the sell wall so I'm hope'n tonights a good night for me

Technically, no, there's not really a problem doing that. However, I'd make it a separate, third option. Because I personally am picky about such things, and I doubt I'm unique. Plus, there are three major platforms involved, Windows, OSX, and Linux. All three would have to be separate packages, whereas with three wallets and one blockchain, it's not much of a hassle for anyone concerned. Let's face it, wallets are not big programs Cheesy
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:08:10 PM

Good suggestion!  Windows and Mac wallets are now both available on github in a package containing the blockchain, in addition to the original, seperate packages.
evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:19:11 PM

I like the idea of the new thread.  basically, we will make it ours.
I got your pm and will check it out shortly.

What do we want to make the Techcoin project about?  One thing I have noticed from the people in the thread is that there is no reason to be just another copycat coin.  At this point I think we have the ability to steer this in whatever direction that we see fit.  My idea is to try to handle some of the inadequacies that are present in most, if not ALL, of the other currencies on the market.

First things first - What truly incentivizes users to use our coin vs all the other coins on the market?  We know how Credit card companies do it - they use 2 things: interest rates and rewards programs.  (let me just say that I am not a developer.  I know nothing about code, I am more of a hardware/networking guy, so if what I am saying will not work/is not possible feel free to smack me up)  As I have said before, I think Sync was on to something, except for the fact that their program encourages users to hold Sync and not make it a liquid asset.  

The Tech rewards vision:
current market issue - payment platforms specified to a single coin and not far reaching

1. develop a tech payment platform/pos system as a simple website plugin that would allow vendors to simply/easily integrate to their websites.  
2. the payment platform would accept multiple currencies making it more desirable for merchants to implement because of its vast amount of options - think veribit, but not just for Veri.  
3. This is where the rewards come in: When consumers spend TECH at a vendor with the TECH pos platform in place, they are sent a receipt via their wallet - not email - and along with that receipt comes a number of tech rewards coins/points - this can be done using colored coins as a starting point, but could eventually lead to redundant blockchain technologies.........  
4. A Tech internet store is built primarily for the tech rewards program, yet open to other currencies. (to allow the tech program to profit and thrive)  Discounts in the store are given for using TECH as a payment, and even further discounts - are given when TECH rewards are used as payment.  

TECH rewards are generated upon sale using the tech currency.  The rewards are not transferable and will only be accepted at the tech rewards store, where when used, will be destroyed - colored coins will allow this.

ok.  Sorry so long winded.  This is only a first draft, an idea, a vision.  hell, I don't even know if it is feasible.  But please, feel free to comment,  feel free to run with it.  It is not only my vision to help tech grow and thrive, but it is also my vision to help Cryptos grow/thrive/ and most of all be adapted by the masses.

(wipes brow)  whew.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:20:15 PM

Good suggestion!  Windows and Mac wallets are now both available on github in a package containing the blockchain, in addition to the original, seperate packages.

Out of curiosity, wouldn't a built in checkpoint be a proper solution?
salyerc

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:20:11 AM

First things first - What truly incentivizes users to use our coin vs all the other coins on the market?  We know how Credit card companies do it - they use 2 things: interest rates and rewards programs.  (let me just say that I am not a developer.  I know nothing about code, I am more of a hardware/networking guy, so if what I am saying will not work/is not possible feel free to smack me up)  As I have said before, I think Sync was on to something, except for the fact that their program encourages users to hold Sync and not make it a liquid asset.  

The Tech rewards vision:
current market issue - payment platforms specified to a single coin and not far reaching

1. develop a tech payment platform/pos system as a simple website plugin that would allow vendors to simply/easily integrate to their websites.  
2. the payment platform would accept multiple currencies making it more desirable for merchants to implement because of its vast amount of options - think veribit, but not just for Veri.  
3. This is where the rewards come in: When consumers spend TECH at a vendor with the TECH pos platform in place, they are sent a receipt via their wallet - not email - and along with that receipt comes a number of tech rewards coins/points - this can be done using colored coins as a starting point, but could eventually lead to redundant blockchain technologies.........  
4. A Tech internet store is built primarily for the tech rewards program, yet open to other currencies. (to allow the tech program to profit and thrive)  Discounts in the store are given for using TECH as a payment, and even further discounts - are given when TECH rewards are used as payment.  

TECH rewards are generated upon sale using the tech currency.  The rewards are not transferable and will only be accepted at the tech rewards store, where when used, will be destroyed - colored coins will allow this.

I like the rewards direction! Hope the Devs do to!

Anything that encourages using Tech would be great!

edn247

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:46:03 AM

Out of curiosity, wouldn't a built in checkpoint be a proper solution?

I think a checkpoint will help where it gets stuck at block 5000 and you have to close and open the wallet to get it past that point, but it is a more basic check for valid blocks that is failing and will be solved by adding if statements to change the specifications as the chain does.
jluizg

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:43:01 AM

Do not let the TECHCOIN be excluded from Bittrex. We will continue creating daily movement of megociações.

I can not do it alone. Let's help?

Buy order on Bittrex almost ZERO:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-TECH

The end for TechCoin on Bittrex?
Zunalter

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:16:47 AM

We've hardforked the blockchain to keep it alive, and as a result it doesn't sync up past block 3 on it's own.  I've identified the reason this happens and I've found some code from another coin that did a similar hard fork.  We are working on getting the wallet back to 100% autonomous syncing, and then possibly integrating another future hard fork to return the specs close to the way they were originally.

Once we iron out the lingering bugs and release the next version it would be a good time to re-launch with a fresh thread to get people noticing that we're out of the woods.  I'll check to see what we can do about cryptocointalk - there might be a thread or something already.

Wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help, I got the blockchain in place and it looks like the wallet is syncing just fine.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:38:55 AM

Do not let the TECHCOIN be excluded from Bittrex. We will continue creating daily movement of megociações.

I can not do it alone. Let's help?

Buy order on Bittrex almost ZERO:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-TECH

The end for TechCoin on Bittrex?

I'm on it Cheesy
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:33:39 PM

back from my week long rendezvous.

pretty sure we need to get some kind of funding going for Tech.  one way or the other.  perhaps some shares in BAMM would be a good start. 

I will have to check it out with the crew, but herhaps if we can raise up  .25 BTC, BAMM would match that?

For those of you who don't know, BAMM is a cloud mining startup - ish company.  BAMM - (Actually I)  currently owns about 2500 TECH, so it would be in our interest to support the coin.  kind of a back/forth support.  When I sell coins, I invest into the BAMM hardware fund to help purchase more mining hardware there for the hashes that have been purchased should theoretically either hold value or go up in value.

SaylerC and Zunalter are both BAMM holders, and I steered them here. 

Being that I was drunk every night the last week, I stayed away from quite a bit.  That is what you are supposed to do on Vacation or on a work related trip right?   Grin

Lets keep the dialogue going.  I am about to load up my trader for a bit to get some bittrex support.  if you look, you will see.   Wink
jluizg

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:26:11 PM

Congratulations guys!

While I bought TECH in 2900 or 3200 sats, to maintain reasonably high price, you have allowed buyers caught TECH 1000 sats.

Huh Sad

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:27:56 PM

Congratulations guys!

While I bought TECH in 2900 or 3200 sats, to maintain reasonably high price, you have allowed buyers caught TECH 1000 sats.

Huh Sad

WoW someone got lucky... sorry I haven't been able to help much at all, I've been working on getting some btc but no luck. I'm planning on doing a twitter/FB give away when I'm able to most likely after tues, looking for the a good twitter person with 10's of thousands of followers to help out with twitter and theres a FB group I should be able to post it in. if price is still under 4k I was thinking 500-1000 TECH would be a good start for the giveaway but more would help. and it would really help if we could do it on the same day we launch the new thread it might help a lot.

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
salyerc

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:23:51 AM

back from my week long rendezvous.

pretty sure we need to get some kind of funding going for Tech.  one way or the other.  perhaps some shares in BAMM would be a good start. 

I will have to check it out with the crew, but herhaps if we can raise up  .25 BTC, BAMM would match that?

For those of you who don't know, BAMM is a cloud mining startup - ish company.  BAMM - (Actually I)  currently owns about 2500 TECH, so it would be in our interest to support the coin.  kind of a back/forth support.  When I sell coins, I invest into the BAMM hardware fund to help purchase more mining hardware there for the hashes that have been purchased should theoretically either hold value or go up in value.

SaylerC and Zunalter are both BAMM holders, and I steered them here. 

Being that I was drunk every night the last week, I stayed away from quite a bit.  That is what you are supposed to do on Vacation or on a work related trip right?   Grin

Lets keep the dialogue going.  I am about to load up my trader for a bit to get some bittrex support.  if you look, you will see.   Wink

I am currently on vacation, and will be without internet access starting on Sun for a week. When I get back I will support anyway that I can... just got a new job, so it may be just putting in some buy orders on a regular basis. But anything this wantabe geek can do, I will try in supporting this coin.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:26:04 PM

Just checking in here, but I can say that the wallet stakes regularly and without issue. My holdings aren't much, so that's a good indicator of the code's utility.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:43:34 PM

hey all.  what can we do to try to get this moving forward?

Any ideas?
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:01:05 PM

so what is the word folks?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:14:28 PM

so what is the word folks?

The bird is the word. I thought everybody knew that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

Bad joke aside, with a coin named Techcoin, are there any techno music artists out there? That could be a method of getting some commerce going, getting your music heard, and gaining some Techcoin.
jluizg

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:40:22 PM

On Bittrex: "This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Aug 22nd unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC."

Again guys?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: