Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:30:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Techcoin [TECH] [186,985 PoW coins 4% PoS] [BITTREX] [ALLCOIN]  (Read 69847 times)
evtrmm

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:07:56 PM

I'll pledge 10,000 or so coins to support the blockchain.  I just moved some off the exchange.  Here's the link to verify: http://techblocks.chainworks.info:8324/address/TEA2hQJXa8jabkDJB1o3PvPCLvXiN92gc1

I have 10,000 plus coins as well... I have been keeping the wallet open and Staking. Didn't realize that this was helpful... glad to be able to help. As soon as I start my new job I will be buying more to help with the volume on Bittrex.

I just not sure what I can do besides what I am...so anything else I can do to help please let me know. 

Thank you for your support.  There is a donation address in the OP if you would like to donate towards future giveaways and bounties.  I'm planning on using my own btc to buy up some TECH for an upcoming giveaway, but anything the community has to offer towards that would be appreciated.  I'm also hoping on raising enough funds so we can offer bounties for translations, a new logo, multipool, etc.

How about we give away TECH gear.  ? Tablets, ipads, etc?   people have to buy up tech and stake it to enter the drawing?  this will help the network substantially, and say we can do monthly, weekly, or biweekly giveaways.  once you are staking enough tech, you will be entered for all drawings until you are no longer staking the required amount? 

or we can change the giveaway requirements for each period, it would probably control price in a way.  If one month we gave away a Galaxy tablet, the price would be lower, but then the next month we want to give away one of those fancy 4k TV's, probably would drive the price for that month.  It would most likely have to be funded by some sort of donations to begin with, but it may be sustainable long term if the price supports it.  and hopefully the community will contribute monthly as well.

I do not want to work on this by myself. I really need some help and direction with this, but the more I think on it, it could be a viable option and a real starting point.
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:17:51 PM

I'll pledge 10,000 or so coins to support the blockchain.  I just moved some off the exchange.  Here's the link to verify: http://techblocks.chainworks.info:8324/address/TEA2hQJXa8jabkDJB1o3PvPCLvXiN92gc1

I have 10,000 plus coins as well... I have been keeping the wallet open and Staking. Didn't realize that this was helpful... glad to be able to help. As soon as I start my new job I will be buying more to help with the volume on Bittrex.

I just not sure what I can do besides what I am...so anything else I can do to help please let me know. 

Thank you for your support.  There is a donation address in the OP if you would like to donate towards future giveaways and bounties.  I'm planning on using my own btc to buy up some TECH for an upcoming giveaway, but anything the community has to offer towards that would be appreciated.  I'm also hoping on raising enough funds so we can offer bounties for translations, a new logo, multipool, etc.

How about we give away TECH gear.  ? Tablets, ipads, etc?   people have to buy up tech and stake it to enter the drawing?  this will help the network substantially, and say we can do monthly, weekly, or biweekly giveaways.  once you are staking enough tech, you will be entered for all drawings until you are no longer staking the required amount? 

or we can change the giveaway requirements for each period, it would probably control price in a way.  If one month we gave away a Galaxy tablet, the price would be lower, but then the next month we want to give away one of those fancy 4k TV's, probably would drive the price for that month.  It would most likely have to be funded by some sort of donations to begin with, but it may be sustainable long term if the price supports it.  and hopefully the community will contribute monthly as well.

I do not want to work on this by myself. I really need some help and direction with this, but the more I think on it, it could be a viable option and a real starting point.

That's a cool idea.  Maybe setup some sort of escrow where people buy TECH at market price, then we use the BTC to purchase the raffle prizes.  I would think of this as more of a long term thing...giveaway and new features first, build some interest and community trust.  The hard part of a raffle is gaining the trust.  People are understandably cautious about throwing their BTC at something.  We should look into how Firecoin and other devs have handled these kinds of giveaways.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:36:42 PM

Put it like this though.....  IF we start small, trust will grow. 

So, an example how this would work:
We start with an IPad giveaway.  In order to be eligble, you must prove you are staking say 1000 TECH for the designated period.  To enter the drawing, you would have to register and buy TECH through the ESCROW service, of which we can use the BTC to fund the giveaways and further development.

The most people that would be able to enter the drawings would be 186 based on the total number of coins.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:15:08 PM

Well, I will proceed with laying out this program as the more I think about it, the more it seems like it will work.  maybe we should aim big for launch?  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889354664

Cool
Invest4al

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Follow on twitter @invest4al

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 11:46:47 PM

shoutout to edn247 and others on the TECH forum for techical guidance. 
Cannot wait to see where this coin next!    Anyone else like stake?  make the pledge, do it!  Cheesy

Get free RenosCoin for doing nothing more than breathing. ---> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1805861.0
mematzki

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:59:21 AM

anyone here can give me?  i sell it after a long-term goal is achieved and the market is stable. Here's my address TTs2puWnYDNrhbtCsCLpX9zHgQjhWGfmVm. THANKS!
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:46:56 AM

anyone here can give me?  i sell it after a long-term goal is achieved and the market is stable. Here's my address TTs2puWnYDNrhbtCsCLpX9zHgQjhWGfmVm. THANKS!

hit twitter @techcoingroup.  They are doing a giveaway.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:38:13 AM

Hey all, I would truly like to move this project along, but I can't do it by myself.  We really need some group participation and other peoples input.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:22:35 AM

Hey all, I would truly like to move this project along, but I can't do it by myself.  We really need some group participation and other peoples input.

Gimme two weeks. I'm moving Cheesy Got some ideas, along with a couple other coins I support.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:25:57 AM

Gimme two weeks. I'm moving Cheesy Got some ideas, along with a couple other coins I support.
Awesome.  I bought up a bunch of TECH yesterday that I will use to fund the #StakeToWin initiative if we can get it rolling, but committing to it without an active community is a huge risk.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:53:01 AM

Currently at about 190K coins and a price of about 4k Sat, the market cap for TECH is a whopping $3800.  I am of the opinion that a reasonable valuation of the coin once pointed in the right direction should be about 100k Sat, giving a market cap of about $95,000.

uaivj

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:01:25 PM

I also have some ideas. I'm on vacation through next Wednesday.  I'll post a "blue print" when I get back.
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:11:46 PM

I'm in, but we need some time.  We definitely need to wait for edn247 to come back before moving forward with anything.  I would like to launch at the same time we release a new wallet with a nicer design, in-wallet block explorer, and possibly stealth transactions.  The new wallet update should also fix the syncing issue.  That would show we're serious and not just trying to scam some quick BTC.  We also need more ideas about how this contest would work, and how we would be able to raise the funds to purchase the prizes.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:27:53 PM

I think for the Tech Giveaways, we would require staking of 1000 TECH.   This would keep your WALLET eligible month after month, so if people wanted they could have multiple entries?Huh?  This would allow taking more coins off the market, so if we have 50 wallets entered, it would reduce available coins to 130k max.  naturally this would lift the price somewhat  We would still require an entry fee, which would probably be something like:

$valueofprize * 10% (for further TECH funding) / number of eligible wallets = entry cost for members in BTC or RAW

For example, our monthly prize is a $1000 TV.
50 wallets eligible
Current BTC price is $500.
Current TECH price is 3000 Sat

$valueofprize * 10% = $1100

$1100 / 50 = $22

$22 = .044BTC or 1500TECH

OK.  Bare with me, I'm thinking outloud here.  next post shortly.

evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

I think for the Tech Giveaways, we would require staking of 1000 TECH.   This would keep your WALLET eligible month after month, so if people wanted they could have multiple entries?Huh?  This would allow taking more coins off the market, so if we have 50 wallets entered, it would reduce available coins to 130k max.  naturally this would lift the price somewhat  We would still require an entry fee, which would probably be something like:

$valueofprize * 10% (for further TECH funding) / number of eligible wallets = entry cost for members in BTC or RAW

50 wallets eligible

$valueofprize * 10% = $1100

$1100 / 50 = $22

$22 = .044BTC or 1500TECH

OK.  Bare with me, I'm thinking outloud here.  next post shortly.

So, thinking about this a little more, it really doesn't benefit club members as much as it should, nor does it benefit TECH development as much as it should.  Just remember we need to make this logistically feasible so that it doesn't cost us money.

So, perhaps if we allow additional entries from NON club members, but to a limited number, say double the eligible wallets, and then give members a bigger discount on entry - like 50%.

In this situation, we would have to pad the additional percentage in case all didn't sell out to maybe 15-29%
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:46:49 PM

so yeah, this would be entitled something like #StakeToWin Giveaway and fundraisers.

For the most part, a lot of coins rely on "Donations", but this would give people who donate something in return. so rework it a bit we could give club members a 50% discount on entry. 

$valueofprize * 25% (for further TECH funding) / number of eligible wallets = entry cost for members in BTC or TECH

50 wallets eligible

$valueofprize * 25% = $1250

$1250 / 50 = $25

50 Club member entries @ 50% discount
@
$12.5 = .025BTC or 830 Tech
brings in $625

25 non member entries
@
$25 = .05BTC or 1660 TECH
brings in  $625

If we look at the long term of this, when 5 of these drawings have taken place and the same values are in place, non #StakeToWin members would have paid 8300 TECH to enter all the contests, while #StakeToWin members would have paid 4150 + the original 1000 TECH. 

Over time we may have to rework this, but I think it can be a great start.

At this point, I am looking at a big monthly prize, and 2 smaller bi weekly prizes.  We can use additional funds for further development, along with occasional free giveaways. 

Then, at some point, we should be able to administer this whole thing directly from the TECH wallet:
Advertise the contests/giveaways perhaps with a calendar of planned future giveaways
allow contest entry directly from wallet as your entry will be associated with your Tech Wallet address

ok. my brain hurts.  Smiley  more input is appreciated.

Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:10:25 PM

Looks like a possible idea, but like cecilbdemented posted. Should wait till everyone is ready to get things going with the TECH community. That would be my input, but don't quit coming up with ideas. I will help with the OP, but do not want to be in control of it & can just push out designs all coded up & ready to post (If a new thread is made). I will also hold TECH & help stake the network, better transaction time for future merchants Wink

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:19:35 PM

Looks like a possible idea, but like cecilbdemented posted. Should wait till everyone is ready to get things going with the TECH community. That would be my input, but don't quit coming up with ideas. I will help with the OP, but do not want to be in control of it & can just push out designs all coded up & ready to post (If a new thread is made). I will also hold TECH & help stake the network, better transaction time for future merchants Wink

sounds good. just gotta keep the ideas flowing here and trying to spark a conversation.
salyerc

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:08:43 PM

I have been trying to think this through a bit. I am really just a newbie in the whole crypto-currency world but believe that there is a tremendous upside once John Q. Public starts adopting. I don't have any programming abilities or even anything that I can add to the conversation at this point that is specific and concrete.

The only thing that I keep coming back to while thinking what can "we" do to make this coin better, is what 1) hasn't been done, or 2) hasn't been done as well as this coin could do it.

All I have (at least at this point) is what can we do to make it easy to use, and beneficial to the user by using tech coin? I don't have any answers, but I thought I would post my question to promote discussion.

If I am off base here, please excuse my ignorance.

evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:52:13 PM

I have been trying to think this through a bit. I am really just a newbie in the whole crypto-currency world but believe that there is a tremendous upside once John Q. Public starts adopting. I don't have any programming abilities or even anything that I can add to the conversation at this point that is specific and concrete.

The only thing that I keep coming back to while thinking what can "we" do to make this coin better, is what 1) hasn't been done, or 2) hasn't been done as well as this coin could do it.

All I have (at least at this point) is what can we do to make it easy to use, and beneficial to the user by using tech coin? I don't have any answers, but I thought I would post my question to promote discussion.

If I am off base here, please excuse my ignorance.

Your input, my friend, is what this coin needs.  Reading your comment I began thinking about my major concern for Crypto, and that is ease of use.  So when Grandma wants to start to use a currency, it should be as easy as swiping a credit card.  This will lead to mass adoption faster than anything.

It kind of gets away from the premise originally behind this coin, but an idea would be to build the coin around trying to get mass adoption of not just TECH coin, but also technologies in general.

If we aimed to make TECH as easy as possible to interact with, and also built around the premise of teaching newbies all about Tech, we could be on to something.   how about streaming educational videos right to the wallet via blockchain or p2p functioinality.

include a nice video/powerpoint tutorial upon wallet installation?  This would outline the premise of crypto, the missions statement of techcoin, and then go on to give instruction on how to backup, encrypt, use the wallet.
From there, we could expand into different realms of technology
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: