Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:54:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Techcoin [TECH] [186,985 PoW coins 4% PoS] [BITTREX] [ALLCOIN]  (Read 69847 times)
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:13:03 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 07:32:42 AM by Testing Crypto

I have been trying to think this through a bit. I am really just a newbie in the whole crypto-currency world but believe that there is a tremendous upside once John Q. Public starts adopting. I don't have any programming abilities or even anything that I can add to the conversation at this point that is specific and concrete.

The only thing that I keep coming back to while thinking what can "we" do to make this coin better, is what 1) hasn't been done, or 2) hasn't been done as well as this coin could do it.

All I have (at least at this point) is what can we do to make it easy to use, and beneficial to the user by using tech coin? I don't have any answers, but I thought I would post my question to promote discussion.

If I am off base here, please excuse my ignorance.

Your input, my friend, is what this coin needs.  Reading your comment I began thinking about my major concern for Crypto, and that is ease of use.  So when Grandma wants to start to use a currency, it should be as easy as swiping a credit card.  This will lead to mass adoption faster than anything.

It kind of gets away from the premise originally behind this coin, but an idea would be to build the coin around trying to get mass adoption of not just TECH coin, but also technologies in general.

If we aimed to make TECH as easy as possible to interact with, and also built around the premise of teaching newbies all about Tech, we could be on to something.   how about streaming educational videos right to the wallet via blockchain or p2p functioinality.

include a nice video/powerpoint tutorial upon wallet installation?  This would outline the premise of crypto, the missions statement of techcoin, and then go on to give instruction on how to backup, encrypt, use the wallet.
From there, we could expand into different realms of technology

It would be nice to see someone make a click along tutorial of it (or any coin for that matter), having opened the wallet with a first step follow along guide Wink Maybe next year, developments will have all worked together & created something like this Grin

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
salyerc

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:41:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback evtrmm and Testing Cyrpto.

From my point of view, videos and tutorials won't work as TC said above.

Think apple, (whether you use them or not) it works and is intuitive.

I am not a fan, I do have a Macbook air that I use when I travel, but have a PC desktop and android phone. I tried to get my wife off the iphone onto andriod, she couldn't get back to the iphone fast enough, plus my daughter was a master of the iphone at age 3. My point? Work on easy use and benefits for using.

Just some thoughts:
1) wallet install is easy and looks like a online checking account
2) Backup, security, staking and other features or needed actions - simple and automatic (is it possible to use the block-chain to store backup / security and other stuff?)
3) Ability to use the coin - a way to seamlessly transfer to fiat (US$) for spending? and back when receiving fiat. Thinking if staking the coin, it would be a benefit to earn "interest" while your waiting to use the coin.
4) Ability to use the coin in same way as above with a "debt card" or some sort of mobile payment while away from computer without having to transfer coin from one wallet to another. Fees that merchants pay could pay for the card manufacture, and if the merchant takes Tech they save the merchant fees and the consumer shares in the savings?

Not sure if any of this is do able or if so "we" (the TC community) may not have the resources to accomplish...

Hope this helps the discussion and direction of the Techcoin!
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:30:44 PM

Here's an idea, but I would say that it shouldn't be done till the updates are done & TECH is ready for it to be seen (couldn't hurt to have it ready though)... Something with a good detail of 100 words about TECH (writing skills are a must on this one), maybe even a voting poll of what it should say when finalized (to get the communities input)?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=749650.msg8464649#msg8464649

Hello! We are - CoinTelegraph.com Team

CoinTelegraph – a Leading Crypto Currency News Portal,
bringing our readers the latest news, prices, breakthroughs and analysis,
with emphasis on expert opinion and commentary from the digital currency community.

Now CoinTelegraph offers to You a great opportunity:
- Free placement in "COIN CATALOG" or

All you need is just to SEND your PRESS-RELEASE (100 words) and your Currency /Company official LOGO to our Official Mailbox or post it HERE!!
After this we will publish it on our site in "COIN CATALOG"

We invite every Currencies representatives to use this unique opportunity.
Hurry as the offer won’t be available for long!!

Be Sure to Follow CoinTelegraph!

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
uaivj

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:38:01 PM

I think we should implement some kind of anon. technology and then join the BTCD "supernetwork" which solidifies the anon technology and security. If implementing anon tech is beyond the scope of what our devs. can do, I would be willing to fund the project ( as long as I could vet the dev. who would be contracted to implement the anon).  By farming out any possible anon. I would still expect the current dev team to be running the show (in case that was unclear).
uaivj

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:02:11 PM

Is there anyway to see how many coins are being staked?
evtrmm

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

So much for "Community"

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:09:53 PM

as far as how many coins are staking, I really don't know how to tell.

With the anon tech, it is something that we talked about and want to do, just we were waiting for the proper open source solution.  So yeah, once Eden gets back, we can go over this with him.
salyerc

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:20:38 AM

I think we should implement some kind of anon. technology and then join the BTCD "supernetwork" which solidifies the anon technology and security. If implementing anon tech is beyond the scope of what our devs. can do, I would be willing to fund the project ( as long as I could vet the dev. who would be contracted to implement the anon).  By farming out any possible anon. I would still expect the current dev team to be running the show (in case that was unclear).

I like the anon aspects, but I am not aware of what the "supernetwork" and do not know what that brings.

I am all for that, but I still think it is important to work on ease of use and incentives to use the coin.

Thanks for letting me put in my two Techcoins!  Grin
uaivj

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:44:46 PM

Does anyone know how much BTC it would cots to have someone make a better block explorer with a rich list?  I can't imagine it would cost that much.

If anyone has an idea of cost or is capable of doing this and wants to give me a quote please post a reply or PM me.   
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:33:00 AM

Hello world.  Any updates?
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:53:54 PM

Hello world.  Any updates?

Quietly working, patiently waiting for the rest of the community to come back.

I've been working on the new wallet in my spare time.  I'm pretty close to having a finished product, maybe as early as next week.  It all depends on how much time I'm able to dedicate to it.  We'll give our friends a little more time to come back, but eventually we'll just have to move forward if they don't.  I think we should relaunch with a new "Rebirth of TECH" thread.  We'll have the new wallet available with a nicer graphical design, built in block explorer, and it will sync without having to download the blockchain.  I'm also planning to buy up some TECH for a giveaway and for bounties such as better block explorer with rich list, translations, seed nodes, multipool, etc.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:02:45 PM

I like the new op.  thank you!

we can always add and change as needed.

It is about time to get this show on the road.  If we sit around for much longer, we are certain to die out. 

all interest will be gone and it will be hard to try to get people back on board.

Who is with me.

Lets start with that new thread, and build. 
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:33:53 PM

I like the new op.  thank you!

It is about time to get this show on the road.  If we sit around for much longer, we are certain to die out. 

all interest will be gone and it will be hard to try to get people back on board.

Who is with me.

Thanks, I just created a new logo for TECH as well (requested by cecilbdemented). Just an idea, but I can change it to anything Wink

evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:39:33 PM

I like the new op.  thank you!

It is about time to get this show on the road.  If we sit around for much longer, we are certain to die out.  

Who is with me.

Thanks, I just created a new logo for TECH as well (requested by cecilbdemented). Just an idea, but I can change it to anything Wink

good stuff.  do you think we should put Tech in the logo, or maybe a subtle T?
oh yeah, I will throw you some coin later.
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:52:19 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 11:21:34 PM by Testing Crypto

In my opinion, adding the name to the logo isn't professional (not that I'm a pro) & it will be the only logo of it's kind (PCB design). I'm not 100% sure, but having tested & watched over 1000+ coins & not seeing a PCB logo design (other than this one & maybe a few with little PCB design to it)? The logo will be known as TECH coin, but that's just a rough draft & I might try to upgrade it later down the road (as cecilbdemented asked about a GIF image with pulsing circuits). Which I don't have the right software at the moment to create that, but will work on getting it Wink

Edit: I'll work on trying to create text around the outer rim of the logo though & would prefer not to create anything to good, leaving an option for improvements is always the #1 goal  Wink

evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:39:46 AM

I reached out to @fullhdpixel about getting a good website in place.  The going price is about 1 btc, but I will see if he is willing to work out a deal to pay partially with TECH.

BTCarchitect recommended him as he designed the ARCH site. 

strap in ladies in gentleman. if you are willing to work with me, and put in some effort, I have an awful lot of tricks up my sleeve.

Wink
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:18:00 AM

my Trello user is BAMM.
can you add me to the board please?
cecilbdemented

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:12:20 PM

my Trello user is BAMM.
can you add me to the board please?

Can't find you on Trello...is there a different name attached to your account?
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:16:17 PM

Bamm3
I think
cecilbdemented

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:34:01 PM

Bamm3
I think

Thanks, you've been added.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:45:24 PM

Cool, now what is your take on the website, new thread, new block explorer, or anything else?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: