Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:56:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD]  (Read 139875 times)
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:39:57 PM

can you explain the difference to bitshares?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
merockstar

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:46:40 PM

About these GOLDTICKETS. I have a few, but I have no intention of travelling. Will they have any use other than event access? If not will there be sufficient time after their purpose is announced for me to sell mine?
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 06:46:16 PM

simply hanging out in a beach house with blow and hookers would get boring.

What exactly is innovative here? What is the swarm team producing expect for a thin layer on top of counterparty? Seems like a marketing team trying to get paid for developers work.

Can I get my BTC back?
You can trade SWARMPRE on the Counterparty decentralized exchange.

really? wow. is counterparty now officially a successful and stable platform?  this cannot end bad! lulz

Huh Huh

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
fractastical (OP)

Activity: 309

Swarm

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:23:58 PM

Is there a commitment to transparency regarding salaries and "agents and miscellaneous" (genuine Q, I haven't seen it)?  Regular reports, published BTC addresses, that sort of thing?

We've committed to holding a monthly meeting with our advisors (at the moment Vitalik Buterin, David Johnston and xnova of Counterparty), after which we release the minutes and a monthly progress report including expenditures.

The agenda suggested was:

(1) Reporting on the previous month's accomplishments in a format similar to the following:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkAYilpVrnk4dHQ2R0UyVzAtM05faER6M1RoWXpUZFE&usp=drive_web#gid=3

This includes detailed breakdowns of code commits, lines of code, and growth metrics like number of active users, ideally with associated graphs.

(2) Reviewing the past month's expenditures

(3) Approving projected expenditures for the next month expenditures

Meeting notes will be transcribed and made available to the public.

The first version should be released in the next week.

Kudos for the idea, the brand, the momentum.  Good luck!

Thanks!

fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:38:41 PM

What exactly is innovative here? What is the swarm team producing expect for a thin layer on top of counterparty? Seems like a marketing team trying to get paid for developers work.

You could argue that Kickstarter is a thin layer for marketing projects on top of MySQL. But that is a valuable layer worth over a billion dollars. Same thing for the NASDAQ. What makes it so valuable isn't the database layer, it's the services on top of it. This includes marketing but it's not only marketing.

really? wow. is counterparty now officially a successful and stable platform? lulz.

I guess so if people are using it to build successful things. lulz to you too.   Wink

fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:45:31 PM

To be perfectly honest I have no idea what bitshares is doing. There are so many different types of shares (X, XT, XTS, AGS, PTS, Protoshares, etc.) and it confuses the hell out of me.

fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:51:22 PM

About these GOLDTICKETS. I have a few, but I have no intention of travelling. Will they have any use other than event access? If not will there be sufficient time after their purpose is announced for me to sell mine?

Purpose should be announced within the next 48 hrs. You will have enough time to sell.

deliciousowl

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:38:14 AM

To be perfectly honest I have no idea what bitshares is doing. There are so many different types of shares (X, XT, XTS, AGS, PTS, Protoshares, etc.) and it confuses the hell out of me.

They're also changing their idea constantly. They want to create 8-9 different blockchains, and a system called DPOS where people VOTE on blocks (sort of like mining by hand? or something). Im fairly sure nobody really understands BitShares.

Paws1t1veEV

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:24:19 PM

I tried to get Swarm by sending XCP from my counterwallet to

1GZETJd1wy9u4qGzCVPmhpUTpRJjbp5eZc

How long does it typically take for Swarm to arrive?

I have +14 confirmations for the transaction in BTC block chain but no Swarm.....
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:34:23 PM

Whats the XCP rate ? how much swarm per xcp ?
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:43:21 PM

I have +14 confirmations for the transaction in BTC block chain but no Swarm.....

Our vending machine for XCP <-> Swarm is not really working and best case scenario we will have it working on Thursday. In the mean time transactions will be processed manually. Sorry for delays.

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:09:52 PM

They're also changing their idea constantly. They want to create 8-9 different blockchains, and a system called DPOS where people VOTE on blocks (sort of like mining by hand? or something). Im fairly sure nobody really understands BitShares.

they are doing, what you are doing.
pts = protoshares = bitshares is the cryptocurrency compared to yours
AGS is something similar but not tradeable
all others are already implemented "crowdfundings" (as you call it) and don't belong to the main idea

I think you should study something, that you are somehow "redoing" and should be able to explain a difference
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:28:57 PM

@fractastical did you avoid my question on purpose ?

Its a simple question, whats the XCP value for buying swarm ?
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:55:45 PM

@fractastical did you avoid my question on purpose ?

Its a simple question, whats the XCP value for buying swarm ?

A team member was supposed to have a spreadsheet to share with these details. I am bugging him to get it to me. Will come soon.

Paws1t1veEV

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:06:16 PM

Our vending machine for XCP <-> Swarm is not really working and best case scenario we will have it working on Thursday. In the mean time transactions will be processed manually. Sorry for delays.

I still don't have my Swarm Sad. I do not like having my money on a non-viewable account on the amorphous blob of internets.

How long should I expect the manual transaction process to take?

Thanks,

paws

merockstar

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:39:51 AM

they are doing, what you are doing.
pts = protoshares = bitshares is the cryptocurrency compared to yours
AGS is something similar but not tradeable
all others are already implemented "crowdfundings" (as you call it) and don't belong to the main idea

I think you should study something, that you are somehow "redoing" and should be able to explain a difference

DACs are about new ways to use a blockchain.

I think Swarm is about crowdfunding any project, for example something you might sell in a store. (Occulus Rift)
fractastical (OP)

Swarm

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:57:03 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 08:36:17 AM by fractastical

[I think you should study something, that you are somehow "redoing" and should be able to explain a difference

DACs are about new ways to use a blockchain.

I think Swarm is about crowdfunding any project, for example something you might sell in a store. (Occulus Rift)

This is correct. As mentioned in the first post, Swarm is building a crowdfunding platform similar to Kickstarter with a decentralized due dilligence model. Nothing I've seen from Bitshares indicates that they are doing anything close to this.

Swarmpath

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:05:34 PM

All XCP Swarm purchases have been processed and should be in your wallet within an hour of this message.

The rate of exchange on the last XCP transaction processed was 1 XCP : 16.81614 SWARM

Though remember that this changes as the sale progresses (the same as BTC purchases). 

This equates to an XCP price of approx 0.0033 BTC
Paws1t1veEV

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:42:40 PM

All XCP Swarm purchases have been processed and should be in your wallet within an hour of this message.

The rate of exchange on the last XCP transaction processed was 1 XCP : 16.81614 SWARM

Though remember that this changes as the sale progresses (the same as BTC purchases). 

This equates to an XCP price of approx 0.0033 BTC

My Swarm have arrived in my counterwallet. Thank you.
stratos

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:06:31 AM

I don't understand one thing about this.

This startup is intended to give "crowdfunders" equity in return for investing in their startup idea...

So shouldn't people who "crowdfund" your startup receive equity in your startup in return?  This is what you stand for, however, I don't see any reference to you actually practicing what you're preaching.

I apologize if a missed a point and this is what you are actually doing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: