Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:01:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be bigger than Facebook  (Read 19615 times)
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:05:11 AM

We can speculate much as we want but it will be the same.
Btc prime crypto equals big.
FB prime social equals big.

Both big on there own way. Period.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:06:04 AM

There will be one once fb integrated paying in crypto.
Then wont be any more who is bigger or better or something else.

djokica

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:55:10 AM

both are big
both will be big
and they are leading in theirs field.
fb social
btc crypto
ytr8

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:16:22 PM

Winklevoss twins: Bitcoin will be bigger than Facebook. The brothers, two of the most influential players in a new generation of investors, say bitcoin will encourage financial openness.

http://www.ahametals.com/bitcoin-bigger-than-facebook/

I look forward to and wait for the arrival of this day.

lilin321

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:19:12 PM

Winklevoss twins: Bitcoin will be bigger than Facebook. The brothers, two of the most influential players in a new generation of investors, say bitcoin will encourage financial openness.

http://www.ahametals.com/bitcoin-bigger-than-facebook/

when BTC is bigger than Facebook, then  who will get the  biggest advantage?

TheMasterKey

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:23:01 PM

They both are very different from each other therefore comparing them doesn't make any sense.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:24:49 PM

Ripple stinks. Why do bigger players adopt it?

Because Google. They have connections and deals happen. Thats my fear, that a shitty crypto goes #1 because of connections.
faceplantz

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:30:27 AM

Because Google. They have connections and deals happen. Thats my fear, that a shitty crypto goes #1 because of connections.

So you mean google is connected with ripple?
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:42:37 AM

So you mean google is connected with ripple?

This is little of topic.
We can create new one on this.

BTW nothing is big on new.
Both Fb and BTC are big on there own way in different field.
So this means that this is blind race.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

bajlox

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:47:30 AM

Arent they both big in there own way.

FB leading social network BTC leading crypto.
So what are we argue about?

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:01:33 AM

Arent they both big in there own way.

FB leading social network BTC leading crypto.
So what are we argue about?

There is not much to argue about. In terms of market capitalization, BTC will be much bigger in 20 years time if it is still there.
faince222

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:04:21 AM

You cannot consider "Bitcoin will be bigger than Facebook", same thing of it is "Salad is more good than steak". I want to tell to the brother Winklevoss that they have to work in their ETF and open it as soon as possible !
altcointalk.org

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 10:07:00 AM

I think comparing bitcoin to facebook is kind of like comparing apples to oranges. Bitcoin is a P2P "currency" while Facebook is a social network. The uses of the two platforms are just too different

The uses are different but the potential repercussions in terms of technological, economic (Bitcoin more than Facebook on this point) and social change are similar.

Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:34:34 PM

however, we can not deny that the development of bitcoin so far is because of facebook,
like groups devoted bitcoin or other crypyo,
then hunters introduce bitcoin bitcoin that spirit through their friends on facebook
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Myspace had 100 million accounts in year #3.  Bitcoin is 500K-2M users after 5 years, so no it's not a "Myspace".

Bitcoin now I think has a problem with userbase expansion.  I mean it's already all over the television and newspapers - why isn't mainstreet coming in?  It leaves me to conclude that some other coin better at promotion and userbase expansion will simply replace Bitcoin.  A couple of months of exponential userbase expansion could shoot pass Bitcoin's userbase.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
briantree

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:03:45 PM

Myspace had 100 million accounts in year #3.  Bitcoin is 500K-2M users after 5 years, so no it's not a "Myspace".

Bitcoin now I think has a problem with userbase expansion.  I mean it's already all over the television and newspapers - why isn't mainstreet coming in?  It leaves me to conclude that some other coin better at promotion and userbase expansion will simply replace Bitcoin.  A couple of months of exponential userbase expansion could shoot pass Bitcoin's userbase.

Remember the dot com bubble? I was 18 years old and I thought the Internet was something too vague to bet on.
And Google was founded in a garage; to allow people to search! How can you set up a company that helps people search, and dream to become rich?  That (was) ridiculous. And Google became big.

Hold on to your faith.
Regarding userbase, there are mainstream companies jumping on board to help this. Look at www.circle.com They make Bitcoin more user-friendly, at least for US people. And virtual currency has been helping people in Africa since 2007 already. It's not Bitcoin's problem that we don't accept it. It's us. We're usually okay with sub-standards. But it is changing. We are trusting AirBNB, Uber. We might as well trust Bitcoin.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:30:53 PM

They are totally different mate :p don't see how you can compare them
but on popularity .. yeah why not , Bitcoin have a chance
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:44:47 PM

Myspace had 100 million accounts in year #3.  Bitcoin is 500K-2M users after 5 years, so no it's not a "Myspace".

Bitcoin now I think has a problem with userbase expansion.  I mean it's already all over the television and newspapers - why isn't mainstreet coming in?  It leaves me to conclude that some other coin better at promotion and userbase expansion will simply replace Bitcoin.  A couple of months of exponential userbase expansion could shoot pass Bitcoin's userbase.

Remember the dot com bubble? I was 18 years old and I thought the Internet was something too vague to bet on.
And Google was founded in a garage; to allow people to search! How can you set up a company that helps people search, and dream to become rich?  That (was) ridiculous. And Google became big.

Hold on to your faith.
Regarding userbase, there are mainstream companies jumping on board to help this. Look at www.circle.com They make Bitcoin more user-friendly, at least for US people. And virtual currency has been helping people in Africa since 2007 already. It's not Bitcoin's problem that we don't accept it. It's us. We're usually okay with sub-standards. But it is changing. We are trusting AirBNB, Uber. We might as well trust Bitcoin.

Dot.com was $7 trillion and only 2% of the world's population had internet access.    Digital currencies because of their asset characteristics, if it were to reach the size of PayPal (150 million users) would probably be worth $Trillions.

PayPal is only worth $40 billion because this is a payment processor and their capitalization is derived from the transaction fees (there is no stored value).  If PayPal was a like Bitcoin then it would be worth a huge fortune no doubt.

I think digital currencies can take us there but I'm not entirely convinced that Bitcoin can lead that charge, because I noted the issue we've had in user base expansion.  500K-2M users just isn't cutting it.  Bitcoin is all over the media and yet I haven't seen mainstreet come in yet.

The funny thing is this guy I listen to on the radio always tells people about AirBNB, UBER and those sort of alternatives... but strangely he's still fiercely anti-Bitcoin..  mind you his reason for disliking it, if I recall, is Satoshi being anonymous and the hashing power being monopolized by Ghash.

I don't know about Asia or Europe but if you want Americans to adopt something then the radio hosts across the country need to embrace Bitcoin and digital currencies.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:14:08 AM

Facebook sucks cock. Of course bitcoin will be bigger than Facefuck.

When bitcoin exceeds facebook's market cap bitcoin will be 10K+ per coin.
briantree

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:14:07 PM

The funny thing is this guy I listen to on the radio always tells people about AirBNB, UBER and those sort of alternatives... but strangely he's still fiercely anti-Bitcoin..  mind you his reason for disliking it, if I recall, is Satoshi being anonymous and the hashing power being monopolized by Ghash.

I don't know about Asia or Europe but if you want Americans to adopt something then the radio hosts across the country need to embrace Bitcoin and digital currencies.

I do know about Asia. Asian are not risk-aversion. They prefer holding golden bars, written contracts, face-to-face meeting. Nothing wrong with it, it's just culture, it takes centuries to change.
I don't know about Europe.
I do know about American. We are risk takers. Even if we fail, we will make some comedy movies of it, have some good laugh, and move on to other ventures. Quoted Richard Branson: "business ventures are like buses, there are ALWAYS new ones coming".
Thanks TaunSew for pointing out GHASH. Quite interesting. I'll keep an eye on this along the way.
Again, it's a test of trust in a trust-less system.
If people trust the protocol, they will withdraw themselves from GHASH, preventing it to reach 51%.
If people don't care or they don't know, they will flock to GHASH, helping it to reach 51%, 60%, 99% and BAM, GHASH turns the table -> virtual currency loses -> everyone withdraws -> no more BITCOIN! We convert BITCOIN to fiat, pick ourselves up and jump on other buses. Not so bad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: