Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:02:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia planning to push Dollar in crisis ? Chance for Bitcoin ?  (Read 4834 times)
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:11:15 PM

I would hope the dollar doesn't crash any time soon- or at least for a few more years. I don't know if Bitcoin's value would go up much if there was a crash tomorrow (for instance) because Bitcoin is still so little known, people are so misinformed, and there's still an element of complexity.

If Bitcoin became massively adopted in a year, and THEN the dollar crashed, I would feel much better. We need more stability and adoption first.

if the dollar crashed to a point where a loaf of bread cost $600 and an average wage per week went to $36k (imagin zimbabwe dollar scenario) then if bitcoin was not spiking to $60k purely on the inflation curve.. and stayed at $600 a coin, im sure as hell gonna buy every coin i can get my hands on.

anything below 2 weeks cost of living im buying Cheesy

I dont see, why Bitcoin will stick to 600 USD if Dollar falls ? It is inversely proportional ...and it should jump.

If people see it as a reliable store of wealth it will jump exponentially.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4451

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:49:41 PM

my if it stayed at $600 was in connection to this statement

I don't know if Bitcoin's value would go up much if there was a crash tomorrow (for instance)

... and remember i said IF..

ofcourse it would spike, but i was playing along with spontaneousdream's mindset just to say if it stayed low, id be buying in big hoards of bitcoins (to add to my existing hoard)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:01:15 PM

Dollars where an iluminati test that will be replaced by Bitcoin as a new worldwide order  Cheesy

I think dollar is a huge, very big bubble that will pop very soon, it's about time, Bitcoins are starting a new age...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4451

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:16:32 PM

is it just me or do other people think that when someone shouts illuminati, i/others imagine an armchair activist basement dweller that loves watching 36 hours of youtube FUD without sleep inbetween

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:10:22 AM

is it just me or do other people think that when someone shouts illuminati, i/others imagine an armchair activist basement dweller that loves watching 36 hours of youtube FUD without sleep inbetween

I know that the media continually marginalizes those whose thoughts are outside of a very narrow range within the broad spectrum of possible realities. They perform this marginalization by inculcating that very stereotype -albeit with foaming at the mouth, racist beliefs, inability to form a coherent thought, dependency upon others for their continued existence, etc., etc. thrown into the mix for good measure.

Mass media is _very_ good at keeping the masses in line.

While a good number of so-called 'conspiracy theorists' are indeed loons, many are not.

Move past your indoctrination. Your adherence to mental orthodoxy is manifest in your statement about _shouting_ illuminati.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:58:09 AM

I would hope the dollar doesn't crash any time soon- or at least for a few more years. I don't know if Bitcoin's value would go up much if there was a crash tomorrow (for instance) because Bitcoin is still so little known, people are so misinformed, and there's still an element of complexity.

If Bitcoin became massively adopted in a year, and THEN the dollar crashed, I would feel much better. We need more stability and adoption first.

if the dollar crashed to a point where a loaf of bread cost $600 and an average wage per week went to $36k (imagin zimbabwe dollar scenario) then if bitcoin was not spiking to $60k purely on the inflation curve.. and stayed at $600 a coin, im sure as hell gonna buy every coin i can get my hands on.

anything below 2 weeks cost of living im buying Cheesy
If the US dollar were to go into hyper-inflation status then with all else being equal then bitcoin would simply appreciate at the same rate of inflation. 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Darren

Activity: 784

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:49:23 AM

I know that the media continually marginalizes those whose thoughts are outside of a very narrow range within the broad spectrum of possible realities. They perform this marginalization by inculcating that very stereotype -albeit with foaming at the mouth, racist beliefs, inability to form a coherent thought, dependency upon others for their continued existence, etc., etc. thrown into the mix for good measure.

Mass media is _very_ good at keeping the masses in line.

While a good number of so-called 'conspiracy theorists' are indeed loons, many are not.

Move past your indoctrination. Your adherence to mental orthodoxy is manifest in your statement about _shouting_ illuminati.

x2 that fellows post tells us  a lot about "him".

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
APSJEX.com

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:54:17 AM

Russia and China will not officially approve of bitcoins.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:03:59 AM

It seems to be that anytime there is any kind of significant economic crisis (particularly if it's a country-wide thing, ie Cyprus) it seems to pump bitcoin price up quite a bit. 

jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:19:08 AM

China will not support Russia in crashing the USD.  They'd be freaking stupid considering the are heavily invested in it.  That's as obvious as tits on a cow.  Putin is full of shit as usual and panders to nationalism.  If he had even one nut he'd be building crypto currency infrastructure before other first world countries.  (Nah, easier to borrow a stolen copy from the Chinese.)

Note to self: iPhones do not do well when submerged in toilet water.  Geez, I gotta put this thing to my ear?
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:37:20 AM

Russia and US are always against the other and try to defeat the other.  The USA is the largest economy and the dollar is accepted as most reliable and valuable currency by most people in the world. Most goods or services are priced at dollar, even the cryptocurrency at the moment. To crash dollar system is not easy by any country even the Russia. In the future BTC will get accepted by the majority of the population then maybe BTC has the chance to take over dollar.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:14:58 PM

China will not support Russia in crashing the USD.  They'd be freaking stupid considering the are heavily invested in it.  That's as obvious as tits on a cow.  Putin is full of shit as usual and panders to nationalism.  If he had even one nut he'd be building crypto currency infrastructure before other first world countries.  (Nah, easier to borrow a stolen copy from the Chinese.)

Note to self: iPhones do not do well when submerged in toilet water.  Geez, I gotta put this thing to my ear?

The matter of the fact is that a lot of big businesses in tee bitcoin world is actually run from Russian soil or by a Russian from elsewhere. Putin has a thousand things to think apart from cryptocurrency, but u cant deny the Russian involvement in the Bitcoin scenario.

Harley997

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:20:40 PM

Russia and US are always against the other and try to defeat the other.  The USA is the largest economy and the dollar is accepted as most reliable and valuable currency by most people in the world. Most goods or services are priced at dollar, even the cryptocurrency at the moment. To crash dollar system is not easy by any country even the Russia. In the future BTC will get accepted by the majority of the population then maybe BTC has the chance to take over dollar.
Why would Russia want to destroy this? They have been our ally for a world war and are our trading partner now

PRIMEDICE
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:42:25 PM

Why would Russia want to destroy this? They have been our ally for a world war and are our trading partner now

Have not u heard of cold war between Russia and USA ? Moreover, Putin does not like US's stance on Ukraine in the recent aggression.

Harley997

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:45:14 AM

Have not u heard of cold war between Russia and USA ? Moreover, Putin does not like US's stance on Ukraine in the recent aggression.
Yes we had the cold war, however there was not actually any fighting directly between the US and Russia.

PRIMEDICE
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:24:11 AM

Yes we had the cold war, however there was not actually any fighting directly between the US and Russia.

Putin is an old KGB agent though. Old habits die hard. I don't think he can do much more than saber rattle quite frankly. In a real shooting war with the west he would be way out gunned.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:31:02 AM

I don't see the whole currency war thing.  Since Nixon ended the gold standard, $Fiat already died long ago and it's been replaced by assets.  Very few people have more than 5 digit savings as they put all their money into housing and stocks.

If $USD is replaced by another currency it wouldn't impact assets much.  Look at Eastern European and Chinese real estate, their real estate prices rival or even exceed those of many American areas.  Changing the Petro Currency wouldn't change any of that.  

Technically if Petro Dollar died it wouldn't impact the elites or the asset holders much, but it would probably make life hard for the working poor with no assets and run away inflation would probably make them riot.  "When a man has nothing to lose - he loses it"

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:00:13 PM

Putin is an old KGB agent though. Old habits die hard. I don't think he can do much more than saber rattle quite frankly. In a real shooting war with the west he would be way out gunned.

Dont forget that his aides got into UK's land and killed a double-agent working for MI5/MI6 using Polonium.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexander_Litvinenko

Moreover, as a strategy of cold war, Putin is not showing army movement against the west. Rather he is chalking out a financial war to weaken USD, where he'll most likely get China by his side.

DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:31:16 PM

I don't see the whole currency war thing.  Since Nixon ended the gold standard, $Fiat already died long ago and it's been replaced by assets.  Very few people have more than 5 digit savings as they put all their money into housing and stocks.

If $USD is replaced by another currency it wouldn't impact assets much.  Look at Eastern European and Chinese real estate, their real estate prices rival or even exceed those of many American areas.  Changing the Petro Currency wouldn't change any of that.  

Technically if Petro Dollar died it wouldn't impact the elites or the asset holders much, but it would probably make life hard for the working poor with no assets and run away inflation would probably make them riot.  "When a man has nothing to lose - he loses it"

Most corporations have well over 5 figures in Fiat (usually fiat equivalents like very short term treasury bonds) to pay for operating expenses and when they cannot invest their money without taking on excess risk.

People should have at least 6 months of savings if they have a steady job or 2 years worth of savings if they are self employed or hold a non-steady job. Granted most people do not have this, but people that have the means do have this before investing a lot in other assets. 

This spot for rent.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:48:41 PM

The Fallacy Of The Dollar Crash

http://realitybloger.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/the-fallacy-of-the-dollar-crash/

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print