Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:53:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forbes Article Predicts Bitcoin Value will "Explode"  (Read 8220 times)
jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:01:31 PM

All BTC value game is based on expectations.

I'd have to say the expectations of merchant acceptance are being met.  Also hundreds of millions of dollars by very smart investors have been put into the bitcoin infrastructure.  Yes the expectations are high, but I'd say they are being met.
gbooz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:28:20 PM

I'd have to say the expectations of merchant acceptance are being met.  Also hundreds of millions of dollars by very smart investors have been put into the bitcoin infrastructure.  Yes the expectations are high, but I'd say they are being met.
I would agree - are being met by now. But it is a speculative asset with the very limited connection to the real economy. And therefore the "explosion" could be more likely to the explosion of the bubble.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:31:25 PM

It will explode and spike again, not sure when, thought would be by late summer, now not so sure.
can't wait for it to go up and take alts with it, they are insanely low now

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:35:15 PM

It will explode and spike again, not sure when, thought would be by late summer, now not so sure.

Isn't it going other way around? BTC falls, ppl go to alts to spread their wealth, btc goes up, ppl go back to btc to capitalize on growth?

jcoin200 (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:49:34 PM

I'd have to say the expectations of merchant acceptance are being met.  Also hundreds of millions of dollars by very smart investors have been put into the bitcoin infrastructure.  Yes the expectations are high, but I'd say they are being met.
I would agree - are being met by now. But it is a speculative asset with the very limited connection to the real economy. And therefore the "explosion" could be more likely to the explosion of the bubble.

With all the millions being poured into the BTC infrastructure, I'd say it's gained a legitimate spot in the "real economy."   As for any alt-coins, I would say they have no connection to the real economy, at least not right now
gbooz

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:55:13 PM

With all the millions being poured into the BTC infrastructure, I'd say it's gained a legitimate spot in the "real economy."   As for any alt-coins, I would say they have no connection to the real economy, at least not right now
Try to pay bitcoin for your pizza. Alt-coins are connected to the real economy because YOU are using it day-to-day.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:51:57 PM

Isn't it going other way around? BTC falls, ppl go to alts to spread their wealth, btc goes up, ppl go back to btc to capitalize on growth?

nope.

right now alts are worth nothing without btc.  it's only by confidence in btc that alts get any credence.

gbooz

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:55:34 PM

nope.

right now alts are worth nothing without btc.  it's only by confidence in btc that alts get any credence.
Optimism is very good for the health.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 06:04:28 PM

Its been 3 days. Any explosions yet ??

I just exploded in the men's room at Whole Foods and used a Bitcoin gyft card to pay for my order. Does that count?
It counts as being inappropriate behavior in a public restroom... You really couldn't wait till you got home?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:11:28 PM

Its been 3 days. Any explosions yet ??

I just exploded in the men's room at Whole Foods and used a Bitcoin gyft card to pay for my order. Does that count?
It counts as being inappropriate behavior in a public restroom... You really couldn't wait till you got home?

Should coindesk really be quoting this guy ?

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:21:55 PM

Nice article, i wish whole world would read forbes for this while or atleast this article, that would be panic buy!
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:24:42 AM

It's always interesting to see whether people proclaiming a bright future for Bitcoin have indeed an agenda of their own. Draper, for example, has of course got to foster Bitcoins growth and advertise its benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a lot of journalists or so called experts just own a small stash themselves

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:44:31 AM

It's always interesting to see whether people proclaiming a bright future for Bitcoin have indeed an agenda of their own. Draper, for example, has of course got to foster Bitcoins growth and advertise its benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a lot of journalists or so called experts just own a small stash themselves

If a reporter (like anyone else) believes in bitcoin, why wouldn't they buy some and continue to report positively on it? It doesn't imply an agenda necessarily. It just means they're willing to put their money where their mouth is.
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:51:33 AM

Surely is a good news this Smiley

But, where is the explosion of the value? How much we'll wait yet?  Grin

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:52:45 AM

Seems to be falling at the moment.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:06:33 AM

Falling? We are at 600-620 for few days now.
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:08:24 AM

Falling? We are at 600-620 for few days now.

Exactly. Now the price is slowly moving down. We need a good news from the market to see a probably rise of price  Roll Eyes

███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
asimoshe

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:00:53 AM

i think someone inside forbes magazine wants to increase the the value of btc just by making people hear more and more about the bitcoin world.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:19:08 AM

The issue with BTC is too much hype buying and not enough legit new people coming in.  Probably the best news we've heard is 4000 Bitcoin ATMs in Ukraine but Ukrainians aren't yet lining up to buy BTC but could in a worsen currency crisis.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
YesBoss69

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:13:37 AM

The issue with BTC is too much hype buying and not enough legit new people coming in.  Probably the best news we've heard is 4000 Bitcoin ATMs in Ukraine but Ukrainians aren't yet lining up to buy BTC but could in a worsen currency crisis.

I thought it was rather 4000 outlets of exchange rather than 4000 machines.. am i wrong!? either way, it's insane, and I'm looking forward to some form of international 'case study' becoming a success story with no sting in the tail. I hope ukraine turns out to be that, but argentina could also prove very complimentary for bitcoin this year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: