Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:09:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is time a circle?  (Read 1305 times)
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:10:59 PM

Maybe we die and we vanish,but i still think that has to be an "afterlife",and in my view that in that afterlife is that we reborn,we born, we live, we die and reborn again........

You don't vanish.  You lie there in your coffin, rotting.  If you don't want to accept that, that's fine, and you can hope for something greater.  But it is still the explanation that makes the most sense.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:11:37 PM

I'm actually reading a biography of Philip K Dick right now and he had an interesting take on time. He called it orthogonal time. There are two times, our normal flowing time and that time, where all moments exist at once and there is no past present or future.

That's like imaginary time, it's at a 90 degree to real time.
which follows the experiments done with double slits and Wheeler's delayed choice version.

time/space act one way when not observed/measured by humans, but a different way when not. Wheeler's version lends credence to the idea that space/time are not linear.

http://highexistence.com/docs/experiment.pdf
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 07:53:14 PM

when i die i will end up burning inside your engine Wink
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:23:14 PM

Maybe we die and we vanish,but i still think that has to be an "afterlife",and in my view that in that afterlife is that we reborn,we born, we live, we die and reborn again........

You don't vanish.  You lie there in your coffin, rotting.  If you don't want to accept that, that's fine, and you can hope for something greater.  But it is still the explanation that makes the most sense.

You will be digested by lower organisms whose excrements are beneficial to plant life. So will you help making the planet greener.

Seriously: The meaning of the term "sense" is probably erased with death. You can only speculate what happens - if anything happens at all after death.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:39:22 PM

You don't vanish.  You lie there in your coffin, rotting.  If you don't want to accept that, that's fine, and you can hope for something greater.  But it is still the explanation that makes the most sense.

You will be digested by lower organisms whose excrements are beneficial to plant life. So will you help making the planet greener.

Seriously: The meaning of the term "sense" is probably erased with death. You can only speculate what happens - if anything happens at all after death.

ya.ya.yo!

When you die your sparks will separate from your body. But this sparks cannot hold memories for long without biological brain cells. This sparks memory is very vulnerable to lightning and high magnetic devices. This sparks will continue floating on earth until they found a new body.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 01:15:59 AM

The big bang explodes, eventually creates us, then eventually gets pulled back into a giant black hole. The process repeats itself and infinite number of times.

I used to believe in this as well.  You die, but eventually the exact same atoms at the exact same location at the exact same time from the next big bang, will produce another exact same you.

But science shows us the universe is actually accelerating, not slowing down as we would expect it to.  It will never re-collapse into another big bang.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
mooncake

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 03:04:32 AM

This topic had been discussed since a long time ago. 2 thousand years ago, the Indians had thought about this.

The conclusion depends on which school of thought you believe in. If there is no rebirth, you should maximise your enjoyment in life since what you do in this life does not affect the next. Taking it into extreme, if no law exists, people will think that it is alright to kill other people if it so pleases them. On the other hand, for people who believe in rebirth, they will want to accumulate merits in this life so that they can be reborned in a better realm. This is known as karma. In fact, the merits may come to fruitation in this life (as good outcomes) if the conditions are right.
ZoeJane

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:38:36 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 07:00:39 AM by ZoeJane

Time is obviously not a cirlce.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 07:44:09 AM

Its just a straight line that goes on forever

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:31:53 AM

I believe the Hindus say that the consciousness keeps existing for 13 or 39 days after death. Science says that it may be up to 90 days before the brain dies, that thinking may continue past the time the body dies.

I don't think anyone lives the same life. Supposedly one is born in the opposite sex because men usually think of women when they die, so they are re-born as women, and women think of men, so they are born as men. If so, that is hardly the same life. Of course (?) we can only remember the same sex past lives, so if we're now male we usually only remember past lives where we were men.

Belief in re-incarnation won't do. You will have to know for certain whether or not consciousness continues past death.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:49:20 AM

I believe the Hindus say that the consciousness keeps existing for 13 or 39 days after death. Science says that it may be up to 90 days before the brain dies, that thinking may continue past the time the body dies.

I don't think anyone lives the same life. Supposedly one is born in the opposite sex because men usually think of women when they die, so they are re-born as women, and women think of men, so they are born as men. If so, that is hardly the same life. Of course (?) we can only remember the same sex past lives, so if we're now male we usually only remember past lives where we were men.

Belief in re-incarnation won't do. You will have to know for certain whether or not consciousness continues past death.
What about hermaphrodites? They must really get short changed in your scheme of reincarnation.What's it like to be painfully full of shit? 

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:54:14 AM

No matter what anyone says it won't make a difference, will it? If some one speaks from experience someone else will say that he's deluded, that what he experienced isn't real. To which I say that everything we experience isn't real, then. Beyond experience is belief, which again will be derided. I mean, really, what is the point? No one here is really interested in having any dialogues. You all want to be parts of a click, being part of the mob. And you guys wonder why this place is dead. Someone comes along and says, "I have read," or "I have heard," and you all jump in quick as a flash and attack the idea. If everyone doesn't think, act, and do as the rest of the pack he is summarily denounced. For a forum that is supposed to espouse communication and understanding the inmates in charge make it anything but. It's just a little place where they all salute each other with "Heil Hitler!" There are so many Little Men here...

Zolace, the better question would have been, "What about homosexuals?" "How does re-incarnation answer the question of homosexuality?" How does Nature? In re-incarnation one's very last thought is supposedly paramount to one's next incarnation.

When Death occurs is not up to one's choosing, so neither is one's last thought. Such an idea may be founded in the Scriptures, in the writings of the Masters, in esoteric mystery schools (yes, even the Greek Mystery Schools; try reading Plotinus) but that will hardly matter to the Militant Atheists here, who co-opted Science and bend it to their fancy and who must crush any philosophy that may mean that they have any sort of responsibility for their thoughts and actions. Everyone has a Philosophy and the Militant Atheist feels that his voice must drown out all others. AynRandism running amok... She was such a narcissistic git...

Sana, you're wasting your time, here. No one is interested in hearing what you have to say, much less exchange any ideas. It'll end like it always has - in a trap. Read all the books you want on Re-incarnation, Karma, etc. Just don't try to discuss any ideas here. It's a waste of time.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:15:56 AM

It has no shape. Time is an emergent phenomenon, not a fundamental one. I'd like to think that with a black hole, there is a big bang happening on the other side. T = |e|

sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:19:54 AM

It has no shape. Time is an emergent phenomenon, not a fundamental one. I'd like to think that with a black hole, there is a big bang happening on the other side. T = |e|
When you think about it, there are two instances where time ceases (relatively), and both involve energy. At absolute zero, all energy is removed from what I'll call the observer. With no energy, no molecular motion, time is infinite for the observer. This is the concept behind cryogenics. The other time is, say, theoretically, the observer possesses all energy, and the rest of the world appears to be stopped for the observer. So, the observer now has all the energy, but no time, as he would simply seem to disappear to the rest of the world, as he will have spent the entirety of the rest of his existence in a singularity of time.
granted, my knowledge of mathematical concepts may be flawed, so the absolute value term may not be the correct term for what I'm thinking.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:28:36 AM

For the longest time, I have felt that eternity consisted of the opening of all the nerve synopsis at the time of a natural death, and all memory from the time of initial awareness until the brain and nerves finally lose the electrical ability to pass pulses as the body cools off. Basically a giant data dump, accomplished in a few moments, but the volume of which seems to go on forever.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:40:47 AM

Really. Tell me more. I'd love to see the "science" behind that claim AO, considering that without oxygen serious injury and brain death can occur in a matter of minutes.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:05:29 AM

I believe that when we die we are shat out by a giant llama in another dimension and begin a new life as maggots. Just as much proof for my theory as all the other bullshit on this thread.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:07:49 AM

I believe that when we die we are shat out by a giant llama in another dimension and begin a new life as maggots. Just as much proof for my theory as all the other bullshit on this thread.
Except that there are several physics experiments that probe the nature of time and provide evidence for some of the theories presented in this thread being a possibility.

Just because you're ignorant of the science doesn't mean it isn't out there.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:20:47 PM

Except that there are several physics experiments that probe the nature of time and provide evidence for some of the theories presented in this thread being a possibility.

Just because you're ignorant of the science doesn't mean it isn't out there.
There is no credible science that gives us any clue as to what happens after you die. NONE. Other than rotting in the ground and becoming maggot food, there are only guesses, which are not theories.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:23:17 PM

I bet you are one fun son-of-a-bitch to have around at a party. PM me. I need someone like you when things get too crazy and I need the house cleared.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: