Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which Logo should NEM choose?
1.  TOMOE - 22 (18.6%)
2.  CUBE - 55 (46.6%)
3.  ABSTRACT Nem - 25 (21.2%)
4.  ABSTRACT 2 - 4 (3.4%)
5.  COIN - 3 (2.5%)
x.  OTHER,  not up for vote here or A New One! - 9 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 118

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] Logo Community Voting  (Read 5444 times)
KimNg

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:28:41 PM

The currency symbol and logo/symbol don't have to be the same. Smiley

A symbol is a symbol without text. It should embody the ideals of the movement. The logo should have text at first, so we can build our brand. It should incorporate the symbol somehow.

For a symbol, I think tomoe is good, but I am playing around with some other ideas, like describing the POI algorithm graphically in the symbol. Here is one idea (just a sketch at this point; this shows that different accounts have different importances):

Now that is unique. It looks like a crop circle!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_circle
http://www.cropcirclelogos.com/

But... it is too complex and at a distance it is too similar to the logos of Ripple and Quark.

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:30:48 PM

For those who want to see how these top 3 logos looks like in CCM in comparison
P/S: Sample text only

I personally think tomoe looks pretty cool at a small size Cheesy

Agree
skytaper

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:47:45 PM

Cube, but we should wait for more logos. I expect something better. serious bounty should be promised.
gramufibus

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:24:33 PM

Wasn't there already a bounty?  We never resolved the contest, and I can't even remember the link to the full collection of submissions.  I thought whoever designed the final logo was to be given 1 stake for it?  That was long ago though, but there should be some bounty.
gvans

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:17:34 PM

Wasn't there already a bounty?  We never resolved the contest, and I can't even remember the link to the full collection of submissions.  I thought whoever designed the final logo was to be given 1 stake for it?  That was long ago though, but there should be some bounty.

Originally stated by utopianfuture there was logo/ currency symbol dev stake list with 6 stakes to be shared for logo-designs. I don't know if the plan has been changed.

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:11:26 AM

The results of the contest went to the logo committee, here: https://trello.com/c/JhDuvPYf/66-logo-contest-2-phase-of-narrowing-down

Overall, there was no great consensus on what to do, so after UP left, we decided to start with finding/creating a symbol for NEM and then use that to help our branding to be consistent, and we came up with tomoe. This is still a work in progress, though.

I am not the one to decide, but I personally think that everyone who submitted a logo that made it to the final stage should get a stake. Some people worked hard and that is really great that they were motivated to help NEM.

I think rather than having many different threads discussing this, we should try to discuss things on the nem forums: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2228.msg2833;boardseen#new

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:26:36 AM

Wasn't there already a bounty?  We never resolved the contest, and I can't even remember the link to the full collection of submissions.  I thought whoever designed the final logo was to be given 1 stake for it?  That was long ago though, but there should be some bounty.

The results of the contest went to the logo committee, here: https://trello.com/c/JhDuvPYf/66-logo-contest-2-phase-of-narrowing-down

Overall, there was no great consensus on what to do, so after UP left, we decided to start with finding/creating a symbol for NEM and then use that to help our branding to be consistent, and we came up with tomoe. This is still a work in progress, though.

I am not the one to decide, but I personally think that everyone who submitted a logo that made it to the final stage should get a stake. Some people worked hard and that is really great that they were motivated to help NEM.

I think rather than having many different threads discussing this, we should try to discuss things on the nem forums: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2228.msg2833;boardseen#new

I don't know why you think tomoe is such a great idea. I wonder why the committee missed obvious shortcomings of the tomoe symbol such as: too provincial, non unique, old-fashion. I like the N-E-M box better.

The way I see it if you really stand by the "NEM three principles" idea, you need to infuse a lot modernity into the tome symbol and it can't be a hack job neither. So a competition for ideas may be needed. 

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:55:28 AM

The currency symbol and logo/symbol don't have to be the same. Smiley

A symbol is a symbol without text. It should embody the ideals of the movement. The logo should have text at first, so we can build our brand. It should incorporate the symbol somehow.

For a symbol, I think tomoe is good, but I am playing around with some other ideas, like describing the POI algorithm graphically in the symbol. Here is one idea (just a sketch at this point; this shows that different accounts have different importances):

Now that is unique. It looks like a crop circle!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_circle
http://www.cropcirclelogos.com/

But... it is too complex and at a distance it is too similar to the logos of Ripple and Quark.

I thought the same about ripple and quark, so I am still playing around with this idea: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2228.msg2936#msg2936

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
ARGpentem

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:01:17 PM

More votes Go Go  Grin Grin Grin

catarinman

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:22:52 PM

I cant vote??  Huh Only see results
powerfull

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:08:55 PM

try to design logo for NEM.

catarinman

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:42:43 PM

The looks is descent but it says "non" at first glance for me.
bc_wwang

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:42:10 PM

TOMOE. I choose TOMOE's.
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:09:11 AM

try to design logo for NEM.

The looks is descent but it says "non" at first glance for me.

same thought

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:12:51 PM

just take it to professionals please. I dont see reason for not having professional logo with launch.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
wulagui

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:15:25 PM

The cube

GET 100K FREE NBC.8399556404097461232
TheSmurfsCoin.Tgne4H9vvVDgTPiEu9AKFzHCm9S2WW7Qa1
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 03:07:44 PM

I don't like cube because it bears the name of New Economy Movement, which means, it has a shelf life. It is no more new in 5 years from now.

In my opinion, a cube represents more of engineering than the "fluidity" of economics. Circular in shape represents mobility.

Circular in shape is also suitable for animation. It can be represented as a ball of fire, a rolling ball, a planet in an orbit and can be easily integrated into an icon of an ecosystem.

It can be abstractly represented as an "economic sphere" and a "movement" in the world in which we live in. Most of all, it can abstractly represent our earth.
bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:03:54 PM

I don't like cube because it bears the name of New Economy Movement, which means, it has a shelf life. It is no more new in 5 years from now.

In my opinion, a cube represents more of engineering than the "fluidity" of economics. Circular in shape represents mobility.

Circular in shape is also suitable for animation. It can be represented as a ball of fire, a rolling ball, a planet in an orbit and can be easily integrated into an icon of an ecosystem.

It can be abstractly represented as an "economic sphere" and a "movement" in the world in which we live in. Most of all, it can abstractly represent our earth.

Agree with above, my vote was cast for Tomoe, don't get the box at all.  It's cute, but how does a box/cube translate into anything NEM related? IMO it's a bad choice for a long-term logo design.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 11:56:49 PM

just take it to professionals please. I dont see reason for not having professional logo with launch.

Don't worry, we will get professional branding before launch.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
ARGpentem

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:22:36 AM

The cube is N+E+M. Do you mean that NEM is going to have a shelf life? NEM = New Economy Movement and I think it is a nice contrast with the old-current monetary system and will has a historical importance far in the future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: