Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:19:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What item should we have for our next auction?
Intel 120GB SATA SSD - 8 (80%)
Protronix 500GB USB 3.0 Hard Drive - 2 (20%)
Something else of lower value - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KIMO] Kimocoin | VOICE YOUR SUPPORT FOR MORE KIMO AUCTIONS  (Read 26837 times)
jacob019 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:22:27 PM

Congratulations to GraberKGD, winner of a brand new 500 GB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive for 55M KMC.   Cheesy

Favorite coin: Kimocoin (KMC) - in-thread auctions for real world merchandise
website - faucet - explorer - dice
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:42:18 AM

No more auctions until we finish the vote for the new logo.  If you have some friends on BCT, ask them to vote.  We need 20 votes before we can declare a winner.

sony87

Activity: 440

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:44:39 AM

Congratulations to GraberKGD, winner of a brand new 500 GB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive for 55M KMC.   Cheesy

Congratz my Russian friend, you are mining KMC from the beginning ! That's a supporter !

birdonwheels5

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:38:58 PM

Just received my mini hard drive in the mail that I ordered from Jacob for 3.5m KMC. It looks great, and it got here in just 2 days after it was shipped! Thanks Jacob!

Now to figure out how to interface with it...

MYR: MNYERWCHqrH1EkGNpF4T8o8dGB391A5jmm
DGB: DKqUZR8ajzo1vkXYWWx476wRyZ4La76WBy
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:53:29 PM

Just received my mini hard drive in the mail that I ordered from Jacob for 3.5m KMC. It looks great, and it got here in just 2 days after it was shipped! Thanks Jacob!

Now to figure out how to interface with it...

My pleasure!  If any other KMC users in the USA want some items from jacobsparts.com, PM me and we can work out a deal.

Diff > 14.5 -- very nice.
< 4 days until the reward starts to fall with each block all the way down to 5k.
Nice trading on Comkort, keep it up!

- It's time for a new logo, but we need more votes.  Come on guys, it's up to you to spread the word and get some more people to help us vote for the new logo.
- I want to do more auctions, but I need your support to grow our community.  We can't just have the same four guys bidding on every item.  I need to see more votes for the logo as a sign that we can do it and that it's worth my investment to auction more items.
- I have more development ideas, but really none of that matters if we can't gather 20 votes.

There are many good signs for our coin like more people using the faucet, rising price and trade volume, and more network hash--but the most important thing is to have a strong community and the center of it is right here in this thread.  I'm counting on every one of you to tell at least one friend or BCT trading partner about Kimocoin.  It's small thing to ask someone for a vote.

Many thanks to community member Didux for submitting a very nice logo.  Since I already reset the vote twice and I promised not to reset it again, I will not reset it this time.  If you want to change your vote to Didux's logo, please post your comment in the thread and I will keep track of it.

Cast your vote at the top of the page.

becks555

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:22:28 AM

here i am, still mining since launch (with lots of downtime because of the electricity costs)
Thanks you all for keeping this coin alive, specially to Jacob019; you're doing a great work.

I'm not able to vote on the top of the page so i post it here: my vote goes to #3 - MoneroMooo's logo

I'm not used to speak/write in English, sorry for mistakes
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:05:03 PM

Nice to have you here and thank you for the vote.  Which country are you from?  

There are now two extra votes for Wolf Rainer and one extra vote for MoneroMooo.  That gives us 16 total votes and puts MoneroMoo in the lead.  It's a very close contest.  We need at least four more votes.

becks555

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:17:21 PM

i'm from italy
Amurekimuri

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:46:31 PM

Wallet doesn't synch, no connection to network. Need more nodes.
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:55:24 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 10:51:42 PM by jacob019

Welcome!  Happy to have you here.  There's a note in the OP about it.
The first time you run the wallet you may need to add some nodes to get connected.  Click Help > Debug, select the Console tab and enter the following:
addnode kimocoin.com add
addnode kmc.1js.us add

I will update the seed nodes in the wallet for the next version.  Let me know if you still have any trouble.

Dev news:
  • Really nice trading on Comkort, 105M KMC traded in 24 hours.  Grin
  • We need three more votes for our new logo.
  • I have successfully created a new wallet with a new symbol "KIMO".  It has the same blockchain as KMC, but 1000 KMC = 1 KIMO.  If we make the switch, then Kimocoin can be traded in BTC, which is much better for us than LTC.  The wallets are 100% compatible, and the old wallet will keep working--no hardfork.  I am looking for some community reaction to this idea.  I also need people who can test the new wallet and compile binaries for Windows and Mac, please PM me if you can help.  If everyone agrees with the change, we can deply the new "KIMO" wallet with the new logo.

birdonwheels5

Activity: 160

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:47:03 AM

Sounds great Jacob! The new wallet would really help us out, maybe we can get back on Bittrex or even Cryptsy.

MYR: MNYERWCHqrH1EkGNpF4T8o8dGB391A5jmm
DGB: DKqUZR8ajzo1vkXYWWx476wRyZ4La76WBy
eddy888

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:18:05 AM

I want give my vote moneromoo logo.it looks nice and attractive . i can not vote.
i read you  move KMC to KIMO. monero Moo logo is ok with this.
Qxw

Activity: 203

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:04:05 AM

Dev news:
  • I have successfully created a new wallet with a new symbol "KIMO".  It has the same blockchain as KMC, but 1000 KMC = 1 KIMO.  If we make the switch, then Kimocoin can be traded in BTC, which is much better for us than LTC.  

This sounds good specially IF think that KMC value to other coins do not rise... do we want give this prognose. Is it realistic to think that it do not rise (enough)? Mining profit is going as low as 5000KMC (5 KIMO)

But, as also you have previously told some arguments about exchanges I will notice this. Do not keep hurry to other exchanges too early.

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
hustman

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:17:07 PM

Dev news:
  • Really nice trading on Comkort, 105M KMC traded in 24 hours.  Grin
  • We need three more votes for our new logo.
  • I have successfully created a new wallet with a new symbol "KIMO".  It has the same blockchain as KMC, but 1000 KMC = 1 KIMO.  If we make the switch, then Kimocoin can be traded in BTC, which is much better for us than LTC.  The wallets are 100% compatible, and the old wallet will keep working--no hardfork.  I am looking for some community reaction to this idea.  I also need people who can test the new wallet and compile binaries for Windows and Mac, please PM me if you can help.  If everyone agrees with the change, we can deply the new "KIMO" wallet with the new logo.

Change the currency unit is not a good idea.In this present KMC attractive, large amount of money is a good thing.
Application is the most important of the electronic coin.So Dev should develop new application as soon as possible or attract more sites receiving KMC, even the adult website.  
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:41:27 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 03:00:54 PM by jacob019

I want give my vote moneromoo logo.
Thanks for your vote.  Smiley

This sounds good specially IF think that KMC value to other coins do not rise... do we want give this prognose. Is it realistic to think that it do not rise (enough)? Mining profit is going as low as 5000KMC (5 KIMO)

But, as also you have previously told some arguments about exchanges I will notice this. Do not keep hurry to other exchanges too early.

Our price would have to rise over 10x in order to be traded in BTC, and even then it would only be 1 satoshi, so it would have to go up 100% more to reach 2 satoshi.  A currency needs to be easily exchanged.  Now our price is tied to LTC, which is falling, and we are relegated to obscurity.  BTC is king.  I really think moving the decimal would make us stronger, we would be trading at about 83 Satoshis, and nothing would stop us from going higher.  I don't see any downsides.

Change the currency unit is not a good idea.In this present KMC attractive, large amount of money is a good thing.
Application is the most important of the electronic coin.So Dev should develop new application as soon as possible or attract more sites receiving KMC, even the adult website.  
We would still have a larger amount of money than most coins.  I understand your concern about such a change, it's a big move.  In this case it seems the benefits greatly outweigh any negatives.  As for new applications and adult websites, it's up to all of us to push Kimocoin into the future.  You can contribute too and if I can offer any support please PM me.

Any other thoughts, concerns, support or opposition for changing KMC to KIMO and moving the decimal left?
Still need logo votes.

didux

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:00:33 PM

Entering btc market is a very smart move !
cell.md

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:07:21 PM

Our price would have to rise over 10x in order to be traded in BTC, and even then it would only be 1 satoshi, so it would have to go up 100% more to reach 2 satoshi.  A currency needs to be easily exchanged.  Now our price is tied to LTC, which is falling, and we are relegated to obscurity.  BTC is king.  I really think moving the decimal would make us stronger, we would be trading at about 83 Satoshis, and nothing would stop us from going higher.  I don't see any downsides.

I think this is a good argument.

P.S: On p2pool, "Current block value" are not real.
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:48:55 AM

P.S: On p2pool, "Current block value" are not real.

I don't see any problems.  Block reward is 60k.  On p2pool each block is split among all the miners, but the total for each block is correct, 60k.

Am I missing something?

didux

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:03:21 AM

if the coin is divided by 1000 the block reward should be 1000 times lower then to compensate.
jacob019 (OP)

Cryptomancer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:36:29 AM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 01:55:31 AM by jacob019

if the coin is divided by 1000 the block reward should be 1000 times lower then to compensate.

Yes, of course--that's automatic.  In fact, I'm testing the new wallet right now and you can mine on the existing pools without modification and the coins show up /1000.  The pool might show 60000 KMC, but when you get coins with the new wallet there are only 60 KIMO.  When the new wallet is released, I'll update p2pool, the block explorer, the faucet, etc to reflect the symbol and decimal change.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: