Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:44:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT innovation -gets a special mention at the end of my Crypto educational Blog  (Read 9071 times)
righteousfire

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:56:04 PM

I totally agree with you Digitalindustry. We need education on this slippery crypto market that is fleecing honest people and leaving them naked and cold in the middle of the paddock lol. This form of theft and dishonesty is disgusting and must be exposed by anyone who has knowledge of such unrighteous behavior. If we who are involved in crypto dont start exposing the scams then you obviously are more interested in profit than your fellow man and that is what we are trying to get away from. I say expose all the scams and step on the toes of every single one of them until they collapse as this is just the right thing to do.
The honest crypto's will rise to the top like cream once the average Joe is educated as scams can only exist where there is ignorance and educating people with the truth destroys the very foundation these scammers rely on and feed upon.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:58:03 PM

I totally agree with you Digitalindustry. We need education on this slippery crypto market that is fleecing honest people and leaving them naked and cold in the middle of the paddock lol. This form of theft and dishonesty is disgusting and must be exposed by anyone who has knowledge of such unrighteous behavior. If we who are involved in crypto dont start exposing the scams then you obviously are more interested in profit than your fellow man and that is what we are trying to get away from. I say expose all the scams and step on the toes of every single one of them until they collapse as this is just the right thing to do.
The honest crypto's will rise to the top like cream once the average Joe is educated as scams can only exist where there is ignorance and educating people with the truth destroys the very foundation these scammers rely on and feed upon.

Yup.....NXT is not a scam. Its simple. NXT is the cream......

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:07:19 AM

DI:  couple of points here:

NXT had one initial dev, with a community-funded group of devs taking over fairly soon after the Genesis block was created. (mmm...reminds me of something)
So your shares to devs argument fails immediately. I know a fairly good selection of the initial stakeholders and most of them couldn't dev their way out of a paper bag.

Do I have to remind you that the initial offer was open to all humans on BTT who could read the IPO thread and invest?

On the own exchange routine: you must be referring to DGEX, which was set up by a NXT'er to trade NXT.
Amazingly suspicious, especially for a new currency on a completely new code base that other exchanges couldn't/wouldn't list. 

As you can see, DGEX now dominates the NXT market:

Not.
All of NXT trading volume (more or less) comes from BTER and Cryptsy with a total of 95% between them.

You also seem to completely miss the (not unimportant) point that NXT probably has more devs and a larger active commmunity than almost any other currency out there.
In fact, you seem to miss most of the points very badly, which is wierd. This kind of blindness to facts make most of your posts little more than obvious trolling.
I've looked at pretty much every (semi-)serious crypto out there and there isn't much that impresses me after seeing how NXT is developing.
Like it or not, NXT is the current leader in the 2nd gen crypto space, ansd will probably stay that way.

(Oh, yeah, my verdict on Quark: pretty good first gen crypto, probably deserves to do better than it has up to now.)

EDIT

DI: callling me a sockpuppet just shows how astonishingly hopeless you are. Do some research.

I admire your patience. He is trolling so hard and you are able to keep calm. I am a bit jealous of this ability Wink

digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:09:22 AM

100% agree of course - and guess what?

if we don't, you can throw crypto currency away, for good.

these scammers have absolutely no interest in the technical aspects of a decentralized system.

EvilDave is going to hide behind a sock puppet account and tell me that its "for the good" of development, sure i agree that Quark went too far the other way and others have commented on the fact that developers need direct incentive, we hope to fix that generally.

but that is a separate argument from the "we decided to mine it all and give it to ourselves , oh wait, trust us we didn't!"

re your exchanges so what?  now you generous guys have decided to give some fees to other exchanges?  big deal i see straight though you (you should really not respond),.

you made your own exchange FIRST so that you could initially bid up the price yourself, so as to create "buzz" absolutely no different to  what "neutrino" just did.

the funny thing is everyone involved in crypto knows this , i'm just going to educate a wider market that's all.

simple.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:13:08 AM

@EvilDave

Which projects are you thinking of in the above quote?

I was thinking of things like NFD-coin or NXT-e (however with NXT-e I am not sure what happened. I only remember that the developer was deleting critical questions from the thread). It is obvious that IPOs combined with anonymous currencies provide some potential to scam people. I also think that borders between scam and good business is blurred in all cryptocurrencies because there are lot of people putting money into it and just hope that it grows so they can be rich. We simply don´t know because (given the anonymity) we don´t know who´s in. The best the communities can do is show their dedication and work on community and infrastructure.

@Kolin

"well, i'm stupid and i'd like to invest in  something that is bid up on its own exchange and was issued to its own developers, because I believe that in giving them my wealth they will make cool things and then i can participate in that which will in turn further drive the idea that we can get more investors"

Fact is that you can´t prove your thesis with hard facts, which means that we are only dealing with your assumptions - this is not enough to start calling people names or stupid (or posting childish images).

Why do some people still call Bitcoin a scam? Because it COULD be a scam. IS it a scam? We don´t know until it is mainstream and diversified so market manipulations can´t happen. It also doesn´t matter if a coin was hyped for profits if the community proves that they are not only trading it for quick gains but invests in the project. Fact is: there are only few coins that ARE scams by itself - which is when the developer only launches the coin to collect money from people and then disappear. In most cases the coin is just a technology and, yes, it can be used to scam people. But it can also be used to become a legit currency. This argument can be applied to every coin. To NXT but also to Quark and most others
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:14:02 AM

nearly 9 months of "Paying" for volume you say?

Do you ever wonder, why the top NXT holders, are not continuously selling NXT? That would be the goal right?

In fact the top NXT holders, are adding new NXT every month by buying more on the market.

Such stupid scammers, they are becoming the bagholders...

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:14:58 AM

that's too bad...  some people won't be holding nxt when it reaches dollar parity because of this thread. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:15:01 AM

I admire your patience. He is trolling so hard and you are able to keep calm. I am a bit jealous of this ability Wink

hmm i think we are breaking the "law of trolling" here, i can't troll a troll, this is me wasting time, the important part is when real people see the blog and go:

"oh right, i see that's how the scam works......."

then never invests any wealth in this or its clones.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:16:36 AM

hmm i think we are breaking the "law of trolling" here, i can't troll a troll, this is me wasting time, the important part is when real people see the blog and go:

then never invests any wealth in this or its clones.

Ok, in this case, thank you for telling me Smiley

If you sincerly feel this way, maybe we shouldn't call you a troll, but help you understand, what a "fact" is. Or atleast, how to interpret facts.

instacalm

Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:17:30 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 12:31:14 AM by instacash

@quarkfx: there's actually no point in talking to the guy. The entire thread is just a showcase of digitalindustry's idiocy.

I really don't care what you or anyone else says

the important part is when real people see the blog and go:

P.S. Kolin, there are countless "real people" and "real developers" in NXT, your insignificant blog is nothing but a waste of time. Your terrible writing style and incompetence (which you're illustrating with every single post) don't help either. How can you be helped?
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:25:22 AM

@Kolin

"well, i'm stupid and i'd like to invest in  something that is bid up on its own exchange and was issued to its own developers, because I believe that in giving them my wealth they will make cool things and then i can participate in that which will in turn further drive the idea that we can get more investors"

Fact is that you can´t prove your thesis with hard facts, which means that we are only dealing with your assumptions - this is not enough to start calling people names or stupid (or posting childish images).

Why do some people still call Bitcoin a scam? Because it COULD be a scam. IS it a scam? We don´t know until it is mainstream and diversified so market manipulations can´t happen. It also doesn´t matter if a coin was hyped for profits if the community proves that they are not only trading it for quick gains but invests in the project. Fact is: there are only few coins that ARE scams by itself - which is when the developer only launches the coin to collect money from people and then disappear. In most cases the coin is just a technology and, yes, it can be used to scam people. But it can also be used to become a legit currency. This argument can be applied to every coin. To NXT but also to Quark and most others

sadly Quarkfx no.

no one can call Bitcoin a scam, because hard numbers prove its not, its very flawed and we all know the problems, it may be so flawed that it completely fails ?

however, it is not a scam because PROOF OF WORK (PoW) proves that.

you see it was mined from a genesis block and then a (admittedly small number)  ( but it was the first of the protocol)  mined it.

then for a time it was at around 1 dollar and people could mine it with GPU's you can ask on here, that happened its all on the blockchain in numbers.

so unfortunately no that argument can't be applied to currency that had a proof of work period with provable difficulty and many participants.

which can all be proved by looking at the blockchain and difficulty and, generally checking the history.

Summary:

I'm not trying to be obtuse i know i'm coming across that way but, to me this matters little, people don't invest because they "like me" or not, they invest in quality, scams are not quality.

Crypto is not a stock and PoW math proves which crypto are scams or not.

"trust in the numbers not sock puppets"

could be a way to sum it up.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:29:39 AM

@quarkfx: there's actually no point in talking to the guy. The entire thread is just a showcase of digitalindustry's idiocy.

I really don't care what you or anyone else says

the important part is when real people see the blog and go:

P.S. Kolin, there are countless "real people" and "real developers" in NXT, your insignificant blog is nothing but a waste of time. Your terrible writing style and incompetence (which you're illustrating with every single post) don't help either. How can you be helped?

care factor - i'm going to move the Nxt scam to its own blog page (as obviously it needs it)  - review the writing and even translate it into different languages.

then when someone wants to learn about a crypto IPO scam NXT can be the perfect example.

**how to avoid that is to not create scams or invest in scams, and thus not try to wreck crypto currency generally.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:34:06 AM

nearly 9 months of "Paying" for volume you say?

Do you ever wonder, why the top NXT holders, are not continuously selling NXT? That would be the goal right?

In fact the top NXT holders, are adding new NXT every month by buying more on the market.

Such stupid scammers, they are becoming the bagholders...

oh i don't discount the fact that you have scammed lots of people out of cash by now, and to tell you the truth the scammer in me has a little proud twinkle in my eye for your amazing effort, however, its time to put away the scam bag now and go home.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:42:50 AM

@Kolin

no one can call Bitcoin a scam, because hard numbers prove its not, its very flawed and we all know the problems, it may be so flawed that it completely fails ?

Scams can exist on different levels. Maybe 99% of all Bitcoin holders are just scammers trying to sell an ideological narrative (money created and governed by the people) and dump once the exchange rate explodes. Who knows? I don´t think that this is going to happen, but if we´re honest we simply don´t know. The bigger the community and the better the infrastructure, the less likely it will be possible to scam people, which is why we should rather do something for our own community instead of bashing others.

Were people scammed by Bitcoin when it dropped from 30$ to 0.5$? You bet that there were enough people who felt scammed and enough who were scammed, because they sold. But today we can clearly say, that rather those who sold for 30$ were scammed.

I don´t like this argumentation because it is frequently used to promise people huge rewards even in desperate situations but it demonstrates the meaning of scam can only be attributed retrospectively in this cases. As long as there is an ongoing development in infrastructure we can at least assume that there is sme valuable substance.
EvilDave

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:53:31 AM

@EvilDave

I was thinking of things like NFD-coin or NXT-e (however with NXT-e I am not sure what happened. I only remember that the developer was deleting critical questions from the thread). It is obvious that IPOs combined with anonymous currencies provide some potential to scam people. I also think that borders between scam and good business is blurred in all cryptocurrencies because there are lot of people putting money into it and just hope that it grows so they can be rich. We simply don´t know because (given the anonymity) we don´t know who´s in. The best the communities can do is show their dedication and work on community and infrastructure.

Yeah, NFD was a monster scam as it turned out. Original dev took all the IPO and ran away........not an unknown story round here.
BUT: a group of initial investors/scammees then took over the project, sorted out the mess and launched NFD as a straight NXT clone with a couple of tweaks.
So NFD is probably (in its present form) less of a scam than many other cryptos.
Have a look at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606837.0
I'm kinda proud of the way the NFD crew pulled together ( and yes, I do have a stake....)
Buy some EvilCoin, btw, if you get into NFD......

NXT-e i'd never even heard of, tbh, there are so many NXT clones coming up its hard to keep track of them all.
DI is gonna be knee-deep in PoS soon, and I don't think he's gonna like it.
Edit: turns out NXT-e was an exchange IPO scam, not even a currency. Ingenious little fu**ers.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=453580.0

I think I've figured out Di's issue, btw, he doesnt trust/understand PoS at all. For him, real coins are mined by hairy chested men with big racks.......
Doesn't explain his hate boner for NXT in particular, but he's not the first guy with a vendetta NXT has seen.

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:55:25 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 12:50:57 PM by digitalindustry

@Kolin

Scams can exist on different levels. Maybe 99% of all Bitcoin holders are just scammers trying to sell an ideological narrative (money created and governed by the people) and dump once the exchange rate explodes. Who knows? I don´t think that this is going to happen, but if we´re honest we simply don´t know. The bigger the community and the better the infrastructure, the less likely it will be possible to scam people, which is why we should rather do something for our own community instead of bashing others.

Were people scammed by Bitcoin when it dropped from 30$ to 0.5$? You bet that there were enough people who felt scammed and enough who were scammed, because they sold. But today we can clearly say, that rather those who sold for 30$ were scammed.

I don´t like this argumentation because it is frequently used to promise people huge rewards even in desperate situations but it demonstrates the meaning of scam can only be attributed retrospectively in this cases. As long as there is an ongoing development in infrastructure we can at least assume that there is sme valuable substance.

yes i kind of see where you come from FX but you have to kind of take the emotion out of it.

they (Bitcoin, LTC, Quark and a few other PoW currencies) either are or are not a scam (to all reasonable purposes) (and people call me paranoid fx).

here are the points:

- The code C++ one of the most common and robust and well known open source codes in the history of mankind.

- The "buzz" and "value" around the bitcoin protocol has caused 100 maybe thousands of people to look at the code.

- elliptical encryption that is used for address protection is known to be flawed, but fixable.

- Quark exists.

- if there are other "malleability" flaws in the client code then this creates a stand off, because it will be found eventually, and this will not destroy the idea of crypto currency, but the makers or people that know the flaw exist risk everything to expose it.

- Bitcoin is not the end of the road for Crypto very likely the start.

- Everything i see indicates an attack (as futile as it is)  on Crypto and you don't attack things you know are flawed.  (all things being equal)

so its quite simple - if someone said that to me i'd just simply be energy neutral and just ask , where is the scam?

see the difference?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
EvilDave

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:01:55 AM

yes i kind of see where you come from FX but you have to kind of take the emotion out of it.

it either is or is not a scam (to all reasonable purposes) (and people call me paranoid fx).

here are the points:

- The code Java one of the most common and robust and well known open source codes in the history of mankind.

- The "buzz" and "value" around the NXT protocol has caused 100 maybe thousands of people to look at the code.

- encryption that is used for address protection is not flawed.

- NXT exists.

- if there are other "malleability" flaws in the client code then this creates a stand off, because it will be found eventually, and this will not destroy the idea of crypto currency, but the makers or people that know the flaw exist risk everything to expose it.

- NXT is not the end of the road for Crypto very likely the start.

- Everything i see indicates an attack (as futile as it is)  on NXT and you don't attack things you know are flawed.  (all things being equal)

so its quite simple - if someone said that to me i'd just simply be energy neutral (just like NXT) and just ask , where is the scam?

see the difference?

fixed your post up a little......can u spot the changes?

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:02:23 AM

@EvilDave

Yeah, NFD was a monster scam as it turned out. Original dev took all the IPO and ran away........not an unknown story round here.
BUT: a group of initial investors/scammees then took over the project, sorted out the mess and launched NFD as a straight NXT clone with a couple of tweaks.
So NFD is probably (in its present form) less of a scam than many other cryptos.
Have a look at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606837.0
I'm kinda proud of the way the NFD crew pulled together ( and yes, I do have a stake....)
Buy some EvilCoin, btw, if you get into NFD......

NXT-e i'd never even heard of, tbh, there are so many NXT clones coming up its hard to keep track of them all.
Edit: turns out NXT-e was an exchange IPO scam, not even a currency. Ingenious little fu**ers.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=453580.0

I think I've figured out Di's issue, btw, he doesnt trust/understand PoS at all. For him, real coins are mined by hairy chested men with big racks.......
Doesn't explain his hate boner for NXT in particular, but he's not the first guy with a vendetta NXT has seen.

ha ha thanks for the laugh..

anyhow, back to normal business now.

knee deep i PoS, but its so easy?, i will just simply spend 10 minutes writing a blog to show the scam then i can safely ignore them all?

if anyone asks my opinion i can just take 5 minutes to look at that particular scam , then point the person to the blog.

and say :

etc etc etc.

they will go , "oh dam thanks its so easy to see once you know"

or thy will say "I think that risk is acceptable"

upon which i will think "you are stupid, but lovable..."  

and give the a pat on the back.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:04:44 AM

it either is or is not a scam (to all reasonable purposes) (and people call me paranoid fx).

here are the points:

- The code Java one of the most common and robust and well known open source codes in the history of mankind.

- The "buzz" and "value" around the NXT protocol has caused 100 maybe thousands of people to look at the code.

- encryption that is used for address protection is not flawed.

- NXT exists.

- NXT is not the end of the road for Crypto very likely the start.

- Everything i see indicates an attack (as futile as it is)  on NXT and you don't attack things you know are flawed.  (all things being equal)

so its quite simple - if someone said that to me i'd just simply be energy neutral (just like NXT) and just ask , where is the scam?

see the difference?

fixed your post up a little......can u spot the changes?

looks sad and desperate - yeah i noticed that.

Java lol.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
EvilDave

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:05:19 AM

I'm slightly sleepy, that helps. And I've had a little bit of practice before....... Cool
Oh, yeah, and Di is completely wrong, so that makes it a lot easier.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: