Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:01:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: scammed when selling bitcoins on ebay  (Read 10556 times)
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 01:04:08 PM

nah was a few years ago.

Im no lawyer or anything but why would it be interesting ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinsydney

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 01:15:56 PM

nah was a few years ago.

Im no lawyer or anything but why would it be interesting ?

I suppose because i've never seen paypal going to court over that amount of money. I'm curious as to what their process would be, and how they would react if challenged to take me to court, i think I will test this out, can't cost me anything if I get a friend to do a chargeback.
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:20:49 AM

Don't need to cry about ebay and paypal .Seller must ask for 100+feedbacks ,1 year or more on ebay , and check all previews feedbacks of the buyer . I have zero problems so far

Problems still exist with this scheme.

Buyers (even real ones) don't read the item description and you end up with people who do not meet your requirements. eBay's automatic buyer restrictions do not allow you to limit based on feedback score or membership duration.

For these buyers I offer to allow them to initiate a cancel item request or receive their bitcoin purchase on a CD. As long as you ship their item to you, you *might* be covered by PayPal's seller protection. If they initiate the cancel item request, you get your final fee value back but not the item listing fee.

I send them a bitcoin address and a private key. I even spiffy it up with a vanity bitcoin address.

I sell bitcoins on eBay in constant in fear of chargebacks. it's the nature of the game. It's not evil as some people suggest. Many of you were quite hard on the original poster. While I feel your separatist morality when it comes to money... the fact remains that we all have to eat... and own kick ass computers. Don't judge lest you be judged.

Love
FLHippy

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 12:30:45 AM

Never use Paypal. They drew my account dry. My bank account. That I didn't give the info for. That I had my college savings in. Without me agreeing to the terms. Without me making an account.

As much as I despise Paypal and think they are bunch of money grubbing, lying assholes, gonna have to call bullshit on this one.

I have a lifetime ban because someone stole my identity six years ago and created a PayPal account. They didn't even rip PayPal off. (PP-001-530-046-635)

I've tried to work this out with PayPal about a dozen times over the past four years. The way PayPal has dealt with this incident has been brutally dishonest. For example, I filed a BBB complaint. PayPal gave absolutely no information in any of their responses until the very last one, the one that I don't get to respond to, in which they made all kinds of new, nonsensical accusations. Needless to say, without me having any opportunity to respond to these, the BBB found PayPal's actions reasonable.

Lack of access to PayPal has meant no access to eBay. For a variety of reasons, this has been incredibly inconvenient for me personally.

I even escalated to the California government agency that monitors their compliance with regulations associated with their money transfer license. They promised to look into my complaint and contact PayPal about it. They responded to me that they "received a satisfactory response from PayPal" and wouldn't answer me further. Draw your own conclusions.

The most detail I've ever gotten from PayPal is this: "We have detected that these accounts were used to purchase from a website in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy. The severity of the violation is such that any linked accounts will be closed."

In my mind at least, PayPal is pure evil.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
SSSSwinner

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:05:49 AM

i see that paypal is bad from other mistakes. wise man learns from other mistakes Smiley
Tristyan@BitInnovate.com

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:58:16 AM

i was foolish and too trusting.  now that paypal has sided with the buyer, i think it would be prudent to post the full disclosure (names, phone numbers, addresses,  details) regarding this case.   is this the proper place for that?

micko1911, Never disclose someone's personal information. I am not sure where you are located, but in Australia this can carry up to a $250,000 fine for individuals. Most country's around the world have very high penalties for doing so.

The only way to sell bitcoins safely is to use a method of payment that does not allow chargebacks. This is why most eBay sellers sell only a small amount of coins at a time and charge an extremely high premium to accept PayPal.

Mike30

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 03:13:10 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2012, 12:49:03 AM by Mike30

I also got scammed. It is just ridiculous how paypal/ebay are handling business.

Read this also "How to Cheat eBay Sellers and Scam PayPal" story: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18417&Itemid=8

After reading all these stuff. I got very frustrated for not reading these before.

Making private information public, is not a good way to go. BUT their usernames is PUBLIC. So, I have made a database to exposure and check their usernames with a link to their profile on Ebay.

Any one wanting to check or exposure their username and support this database, please post them at http://3lay.com 
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:50:56 PM

I got fooled on eBay before, but it doesn't happen just with PayPal.
I worked in retail for the last couple years and understand why companies do that.
All they care about is customer service, overly satisfied customers so they will do anything to keep customers happy, and they will come back and shop more/ use their services more. 

For example, in stores customers would buy lots of items when they are on sale (let's say 40%), then they will return it without the receipt at original price and get a gift card for the amount they spent + 40% extra. Then sell it on eBay, = profit..
It's like getting free credits to shop, less hurtful bit still...

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 07:09:24 PM

how'd the buyer get paypal to reverse the charge for a non-tangible product? they told me i was shit outta luck when i got scammed outta $34 the other day...

SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 07:13:34 PM

how'd the buyer get paypal to reverse the charge for a non-tangible product? they told me i was shit outta luck when i got scammed outta $34 the other day...

They say their accounts got compromised and I believe it's a different story from just getting scammed by fake companies, or if you paid with a credit card through PayPal..

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
ChillZon3

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 08:04:45 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2012, 11:00:11 AM by ChillZon3

madripples

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:21:59 PM

Ebay Paypal invite fraud by not securing paypal with double authentication.

Do a quick search on ebay and you will see Bitcoins selling for high markups some up 100% or more. Then ask yourself why is this happening? Because the scammers will pay more for an item they know they will reverse.  Why would they be able to reverse the transaction you ask ? Because the criminals know Paypal does not have double authentication like Authy, Google Authenticator, or Yubico, set up. Thus whoever is in charge of the money at Paypal/Ebay is being negligent because they could fix their problems that simply.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: