Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unfinished CryptoNight OpenCL (AMD) miner  (Read 20738 times)
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:54:14 AM

5% fee doesn't bother me from Claymore's miner, but the performance could be %50 or more would be more satisfactory....

Anyone having some success in compile a better version for CryptoNight algo? Even in alpha form?

I'd get on optimizing this one if it was working. Wish there was someone else with OCL knowledge.

there has to be someone that know's OCL coding.... this forum is full of coders and yet almost no1 wants to stand up and help.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
braxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:00:27 PM

try pm user "reorder" (from 1GH.com) he upgraded heavycoin & mjollnircoin amd miners

maybe you can convince him to help... he is good Smiley
Atrides

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:01:15 AM

5% fee doesn't bother me from Claymore's miner, but the performance could be %50 or more would be more satisfactory....

Anyone having some success in compile a better version for CryptoNight algo? Even in alpha form?

I'd get on optimizing this one if it was working. Wish there was someone else with OCL knowledge.

See my repo, may be you have more luck:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=656841.msg8117523#msg8117523

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:36:17 AM

I think a donation fee is ok. Its fair to give developer a share, and this way everyone donates proportional to their "income".

5% is not okay though because we have electricity to pay for too ...
Why not?!
A miner which gives you 2x the speed of regular one (if any!) and you think 5% is too much?
Don't use it then.
Its a win-win for the developer AND users. Until better way to reward devs is found

we have to cover electricity costs 5% is too much and he charges that much because he knows we don't have any other option, if i'm not going to profit (electricity is 80% of my mining revenue + 5% dev fee + 2% pool fee) after paying for electricity then what is the point .....

also 2 x faster 100 x faster difficulty will normalize that when everybody starts using that miner

devfee should never be over 1 ~ 2 % as a maximum because tons of users will be using that miner and hash for him at no electricity cost so why be greedy, i mean the dev will still end with a huge amount of electricity free hashes ...

Honestly, a dev for a miner will get more at 2% or lower dev fee, because people will more likely give a donation that will surpass the 5% from the richer miners/investors. This is my opinion though.

Noooooooooope.
+1  Grin (actually those who give aren't generally the big whale (who have to pay their electricity bill and pool fee... Grin good one  Grin) but rather the small users, or some coin supporters in some case... the community doesn't show a lot its appreciation... )

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Crypto_EX

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:38:32 PM

I think a donation fee is ok. Its fair to give developer a share, and this way everyone donates proportional to their "income".

Why not?!
A miner which gives you 2x the speed of regular one (if any!) and you think 5% is too much?
Don't use it then.
Its a win-win for the developer AND users. Until better way to reward devs is found

we have to cover electricity costs 5% is too much and he charges that much because he knows we don't have any other option, if i'm not going to profit (electricity is 80% of my mining revenue + 5% dev fee + 2% pool fee) after paying for electricity then what is the point .....

also 2 x faster 100 x faster difficulty will normalize that when everybody starts using that miner

devfee should never be over 1 ~ 2 % as a maximum because tons of users will be using that miner and hash for him at no electricity cost so why be greedy, i mean the dev will still end with a huge amount of electricity free hashes ...

Honestly, a dev for a miner will get more at 2% or lower dev fee, because people will more likely give a donation that will surpass the 5% from the richer miners/investors. This is my opinion though.

Noooooooooope.
+1  Grin (actually those who give aren't generally the big whale (who have to pay their electricity bill and pool fee... Grin good one  Grin) but rather the small users, or some coin supporters in some case... the community doesn't show a lot its appreciation... )

look u r going to defend the 5% fee and then u come here and talk oh come on even the op doesn't agree with such a high fee ... that is pure GREED period !
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:23:39 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 03:00:16 PM by djm34

Why not?!
Don't use it then.

Noooooooooope.

look u r going to defend the 5% fee and then u come here and talk oh come on even the op doesn't agree with such a high fee ... that is pure GREED period !
(what about free speech ?!)
I don't agree with it either (otherwise I wouldn't opensource anything), however I understand it a bit, in view of the donation (from large whale)
Now concerning the pure "greed", why do you think anybody would run 100 or more gpu on a coin ? To get free heat ?

No, mostly because it brings money. (and nobody has stopped mining because the fee were too high...) and at that level there is nothing wrong with sharing a bit with those who make that possible but the donation system is a bit broken...,
Opensource is just equivalent to free stuff we find on the internet in people mind... not code we can improve Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:47:54 PM

I'd be happy with Wolf0 having a dev fee as long as the miner was the most efficient.
I do think 5% is a bit much, but I do use Claymore's so...guess it's not too much for me lol.
I also donated directly to Wolf0 all my week's mining with the first stock CPU miner, as I then got around 1.8x faster once I switched and was sooo happy.
Now though, the only profitable method for me is GPU, and I just got some CPUs sitting here idle.

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:35:06 PM

I'd be happy with Wolf0 having a dev fee as long as the miner was the most efficient.
I do think 5% is a bit much, but I do use Claymore's so...guess it's not too much for me lol.
I also donated directly to Wolf0 all my week's mining with the first stock CPU miner, as I then got around 1.8x faster once I switched and was sooo happy.
Now though, the only profitable method for me is GPU, and I just got some CPUs sitting here idle.

Still messing with the opencl, but there's no point in having a dev fee if it's open source.

If you auto build it into the config how p2pool used to.  Plus built binaries with it already configured I think you'd be surprised by how many miners never actually bother to change it.

cayars

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:41:48 AM

release binary only with source to follow 30 days after "testing" period?

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:27:05 PM

What hashrates are going getting with your computers? It could be nice to have a list with the hashrates depending on what you are using to mine, because I think it's not worth it for me to mine anymore, and I don't have the time to test it.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 04:02:42 PM

I've asked the pool - https://minergate.com - to support a bounty for development of this miner - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=528848.msg8233693#msg8233693

Edit:  Maybe you could work with Minergate only having the binaries for so long.  So that you could both see a return from its development before fully opensourcing it for the community.

lpedretti

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:04:36 PM

Code:
gcc -std=gnu99 -ggdb -g3 -maes    -lOpenCL  -o minerd minerd-cpu-miner.o minerd-util.o minerd-cryptonight_common.o minerd-cryptonight_opencl.o crypto/minerd-c_keccak.o crypto/minerd-c_groestl.o crypto/minerd-c_blake256.o crypto/minerd-c_jh.o crypto/minerd-c_skein.o crypto/minerd-hash.o crypto/minerd-aesb.o -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lcurl compat/jansson/libjansson.a -lpthread  -lcrypto 
minerd-cryptonight_opencl.o: In function `do_gpu':
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:34: undefined reference to `clGetPlatformIDs'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:42: undefined reference to `clGetDeviceIDs'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:54: undefined reference to `clCreateContext'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:62: undefined reference to `clCreateCommandQueue'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:63: undefined reference to `clCreateProgramWithSource'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:71: undefined reference to `clBuildProgram'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:76: undefined reference to `clGetProgramBuildInfo'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:82: undefined reference to `clCreateKernel'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:84: undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:85: undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:86: undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:90: undefined reference to `clEnqueueWriteBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:98: undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:99: undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:100: undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:104: undefined reference to `clEnqueueNDRangeKernel'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:112: undefined reference to `clFlush'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:113: undefined reference to `clFinish'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:115: undefined reference to `clEnqueueReadBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:123: undefined reference to `clFlush'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:124: undefined reference to `clFinish'

I only have .so's of libOpenCL, what am i missing?. I copied the CL dir from /opt/AMDAPP/include

Best regards!

AC: ANuRoFPkCjZSxsw2S41djrrA1D4xMMmwhs
lpedretti

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:34:12 PM

Code:
gcc -std=gnu99 -ggdb -g3 -maes    -lOpenCL  -o minerd minerd-cpu-miner.o minerd-util.o minerd-cryptonight_common.o minerd-cryptonight_opencl.o crypto/minerd-c_keccak.o crypto/minerd-c_groestl.o crypto/minerd-c_blake256.o crypto/minerd-c_jh.o crypto/minerd-c_skein.o crypto/minerd-hash.o crypto/minerd-aesb.o -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lcurl compat/jansson/libjansson.a -lpthread  -lcrypto 
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:34: undefined reference to `clGetPlatformIDs'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:42: undefined reference to `clGetDeviceIDs'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:54: undefined reference to `clCreateContext'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:62: undefined reference to `clCreateCommandQueue'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:63: undefined reference to `clCreateProgramWithSource'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:71: undefined reference to `clBuildProgram'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:76: undefined reference to `clGetProgramBuildInfo'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:82: undefined reference to `clCreateKernel'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:84: undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:85: undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:86: undefined reference to `clCreateBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:90: undefined reference to `clEnqueueWriteBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:98: undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:99: undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:100: undefined reference to `clSetKernelArg'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:104: undefined reference to `clEnqueueNDRangeKernel'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:112: undefined reference to `clFlush'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:113: undefined reference to `clFinish'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:115: undefined reference to `clEnqueueReadBuffer'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:123: undefined reference to `clFlush'
/root/mining/opencl-cryptonight/cryptonight_opencl.c:124: undefined reference to `clFinish'

I only have .so's of libOpenCL, what am i missing?. I copied the CL dir from /opt/AMDAPP/include

Best regards!

Made it compile, it was that -lOpenCL should go after the object file being compiled (order matters)
Corrected some ulong* casts in the opencl file but it does not run yet, or at least is not reporting what is doing, gotta dig inside a little more to understand how the opencl code is called and it's results returned so i can debug it.

AC: ANuRoFPkCjZSxsw2S41djrrA1D4xMMmwhs
argentinx

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:00:34 PM

no one is able to adapt this?
seen that the bottom is of the same algorithm
https://github.com/mbkuperman/boolberry-opencl
soulistyce

Activity: 699
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:02:57 PM

Code:

Best regards!

Same error here...Needing help!!!  Huh Huh
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:19:26 PM

move -lOpenCL to the end of the commandline.

samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:50:35 PM

Is there any progress on miner

digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:25:38 PM