Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Altcoin?  (Read 5621 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:30:55 PM

Bitshares far the best

~CfA~

I have heard that the Bitcoin Foundation wants to run a coin along side Bitcoin, maybe one day Bitshare can become that. Or Bitmark.

Limpuls

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:21:00 PM

My list:
1st place - XC (X11 coin)
2nd - Monero (XMR)
3rd - NXT and maybe mastcoin also.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:56:44 PM

My list:
1st place - XC (X11 coin)
2nd - Monero (XMR)
3rd - NXT and maybe mastcoin also.

What is Monero?

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:01:44 PM

What is Monero?

http://www.monero.cc
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0
bitsterr

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:12:34 AM

Vericoin is my coin. Has veribit so i can spend them anywhere btc is accepted. No other alt has this and all will copy this. Its full POS so no asic worries and I can stake my coins and gain interest.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:25:20 PM

Vericoin is my coin. Has veribit so i can spend them anywhere btc is accepted. No other alt has this and all will copy this. Its full POS so no asic worries and I can stake my coins and gain interest.

How do you spend them where Bitcoins can be spent? How does that work? That does sound like something that will be adopted across the board eventually.

nebula81

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:02:14 PM

i have never mined a coin either and have found the whole concept interesting.

lol in regards to your mom, i think you are right. Until someone big like google or amazon, etc jumps on making one of the coins as a alternative payment system i am afraid it don't look like it is going to become easily accessible to the general public. I would assume the big companies will be able to make this more user friendly.

I have tried, and even had people explain me through the whole process and I can never get my computer to do it just right, or I am somehow just computer incompetent and am doing something wrong even when I get it explained to me via the phone.

Yeah, I am hoping that Google or somebody makes a coin soon. I honestly have no idea why they have not done it yet, it blows my mind that the Internet Search company that probably has people using their search engine more than ANYTHING ELSE to learn about Bitcoin, and they themselves (who are paid developers) have not decided to do anything yet.

iof you have access to CBT nuggets there is a good explanation of how the whole system works. i am guessing there are other youtube videos that show how the whole process works, but again i dont think it is easily accessible for the average person. Because of this the idea of E-currency will struggle to take off the ground. check out youtube i am sure you will find good simple videos.
nebula81

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:46:44 PM

one thing that worries me is for someone to come along and create a coin and then closes down and goes home. there are too many coins coming out these days, its crazy. I am sure someone will come along one day and want to make a quick buck by running a scam.
nebula81

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:02:12 AM

also a few people have said FTC, I'm wondering why?
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:09:04 AM

Bitshares far the best

~CfA~

I have heard that the Bitcoin Foundation wants to run a coin along side Bitcoin, maybe one day Bitshare can become that. Or Bitmark.

Who care what the BTC Foundation wants to do? It is a scam outfit, that cares about making money and lying about BTCs potential to save the world. Utterly banal organisation.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:19:39 PM

one thing that worries me is for someone to come along and create a coin and then closes down and goes home. there are too many coins coming out these days, its crazy. I am sure someone will come along one day and want to make a quick buck by running a scam.

Why don't you all just "beat the scammers" instead of worrying about a scam. If everyone tries to make ALL the coins work, the scammer can cash out, then everyone can use those coins to build a continuing market.

nebula81

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:31:39 PM

Why don't you all just "beat the scammers" instead of worrying about a scam. If everyone tries to make ALL the coins work, the scammer can cash out, then everyone can use those coins to build a continuing market.

i suppose, but you have to worry about exchanges and stuff like that closing, i mean you are dealing with real life money, its not something you will want to mess with. i think its already happened a couple of times in the past.

are you not worried if money goes missing?
krisdavison

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:34:59 PM

also a few people have said FTC, I'm wondering why?

I think its because it has keep up development and a strong community for over a year.
It has some great plans to continue to move the coin forward such as a new hashing algo NeoScrypt (internally developed by FTC)

Its not just standing still and relying on hype in fact the community specifically does not hype. But only tries to promote actual achievements. (Feathercoin ATM, MinerX etc etc)
schnabeltier

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:58:05 PM

[first forum post, oh jesus] I personally think doge is my favourite in the end, i haven't had much experience of many other coins I freely admit, but in terms of appeal, doge somehow has a (sorry) wow factor which i think is more powerful a marketing tool than we realise even! Are there similar major cult coins out there?

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:55:00 PM

Bitcoin is my favorite coin although it's not an altcoin.

Out of all the altcoins, I like Nxt because it was written completely from scratch and has quite a lot of interesting and innovative features. I also like Peercoin because it was the first proof-of-stake coin.

Other coins that I like: Dogecoin, Litecoin, Qora, and the three big anon coins (Darkcoin, Bytecoin, and Monero). I might include NEM in the list too once it is fully developed.
boymilk

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:05:49 PM

the three big anon coins (Darkcoin, Bytecoin, and Monero)

Actually there are four big anon coins. Darkcoin, Bytecoin, Monero, and XC. You forgot XC.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 04:40:03 PM

Reddcoin [RDD] has already tripled my investment, it is my #1, I also am holding onto some Silkcoin [SC] since it is in redevelopment and rock bottom price. SC will be a short term money maker. REDDcoin long, SC short!

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:43:04 PM

the three big anon coins (Darkcoin, Bytecoin, and Monero)

Actually there are four big anon coins. Darkcoin, Bytecoin, Monero, and XC. You forgot XC.

There are in fact five, I find it strange that people consistently forget the longest living anonymous coin, Anoncoin. Soon to be the first to sport zerocoin.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:12:06 PM

guldencoin
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:14:15 PM

+1 Karma Wink

soon switching from scypt to x11. karma shares. where users can buy in share points with coin. Sidechain to be added in near future. Lill.com a search engine !! tons of other project
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: