Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:05:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.lunamine.com - 0.0025 BTC/GHs mining contracts | On-demand withdrawals  (Read 41414 times)
dekodoge

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:56:56 AM

I've been waiting for someone I contacted about this affair to come up with the answer to a very simple question.
It's now been a day without any answer to that simple question, so maybe I'll try some teasing here to motivate him, for I would prefer that person to come forward rather than having to dox anyone...

Either some identification of people or place of scammers would be the best announcement we could see.

Any name will follow later, if necessary, but for now, here is a clue : try, not Sweden, but the other side of the Earth.

using map tunneler that would be the pacific ocean.
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:47:55 PM

I've been waiting for someone I contacted about this affair to come up with the answer to a very simple question.
It's now been a day without any answer to that simple question, so maybe I'll try some teasing here to motivate him, for I would prefer that person to come forward rather than having to dox anyone...

Either some identification of people or place of scammers would be the best announcement we could see.

Any name will follow later, if necessary, but for now, here is a clue : try, not Sweden, but the other side of the Earth.

Which is just another reason to suspect this information is false leads.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
btcmner

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:21:07 PM

Hmmm, maybe you should try to enlarge your field of vision, a side of earth is large, and the other side is as large. I purposefully gave a vague hint, in order not to give too much information to some people who are trailed, and also to avoid embarrassing them in case they haven't done anything wrong.

At the moment, I'm busy with another research, which may or may not be related. As usual, I can't give too much detail, so please bear with me.

Mining for fun.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:01:34 AM

There hasn't been any information given, just delays giving the scammers time to cover their tracks.
btcmner

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:57:17 AM

just delays giving the scammers time to cover their tracks.

Absolutely, investigations do take time, and during that time caches fade and so on.
Fortunately, the good news is, this stuff is parallelisable, therefore there is a way you can help make things more rapidly : do your own investigation in parallel.
If you find interesting hints, that may accelerate the process.

Mining for fun.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

just delays giving the scammers time to cover their tracks.

Absolutely, investigations do take time, and during that time caches fade and so on.
Fortunately, the good news is, this stuff is parallelisable, therefore there is a way you can help make things more rapidly : do your own investigation in parallel.
If you find interesting hints, that may accelerate the process.

You said you invested in Lunamine. When, how much and what's the id of the transaction?
apsvinet

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:09:57 AM

There hasn't been any information given, just delays giving the scammers time to cover their tracks.
Well. Clearly nobody invested enough into this to hire any real inter web hero to track this guy down.

anobius

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:38:30 PM

I do not know who this kurt larsson is. When lunamine was active, this Christophe Verweire emailed me to promote lunamine in this thread.

Quote from: Christophe Verweihe -christophe@lunamine.com
Hello!

If you happen to be on Bitcointalk.org forum, we would appreciate you
sharing your experience using our services in our forum thread. We are not
asking for positive feedback only, if you can share any drawbacks, we are
happy to hear that so we can improve our service.

Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675315.0

Thank you!

Best regards,
Christophe, Project lead

I did get other support emails referencing this Christophe. So this guy seems to be the one running the operation? project lead?
dekodoge

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:42:26 PM

I do not know who this kurt larsson is. When lunamine was active, this Christophe Verweire emailed me to promote lunamine in this thread.

Hello!

Thank you!

Best regards,
Christophe, Project lead

I did get other support emails referencing this Christophe. So this guy seems to be the one running the operation? project lead?

Kurt Larsson came up on a phone number search from the domain registration details.

Do you have the header for that email, can you post and blank out your details.
crk

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:22:55 PM

That information match exactly with what i found onto their domain
btcmner

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:34:59 PM

If I may, that Christophe name is likely to be an alias, as we found out earlier.
Also the "Kurt Larsson" name arrived in the mix because of a reverse lookup on the telephone number which was included in the DNS record, but actually this too is very likely to be fabricated, and the persons who, in the real world, bear these names (one "Christophe" is a completely unrelated dutch citizen, while Mr. K. Larsson is an aged 72 years old person who happens to be living in Lulea) have had their share of annoyance because of these false clues.

There is a very serious piece of data that may constitute a solid starting point, if put in relation with other elements of information gathered elsewhere : find detailed information about the company which was hosting the website. In order not to influence you, I won't tell more about this for now, but if you manage to find which company (which might be part of a larger group, so prepare to go deep in the level of details, and do not stop at the highest level), and the details of how they make business, that would be quite helpful.

Mining for fun.
odlal

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:50:04 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 10:01:03 PM by odlal

Hello!

Thank you!

Best regards,
Christophe, Project lead

Do you have the header for that email, can you post and blank out your details.

Hi Anobius,

I'm with Dekodoge on this, could you please post the header to that email you've quoted, redacted of course ... sort of like this one (reply #261 to this thread) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675315.msg8352939#msg8352939

Thanks !
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:51:51 PM

If I may, that Christophe name is likely to be an alias, as we found out earlier.
Also the "Kurt Larsson" name arrived in the mix because of a reverse lookup on the telephone number which was included in the DNS record, but actually this too is very likely to be fabricated, and the persons who, in the real world, bear these names (one "Christophe" is a completely unrelated dutch citizen, while Mr. K. Larsson is an aged 72 years old person who happens to be living in Lulea) have had their share of annoyance because of these false clues.

There is a very serious piece of data that may constitute a solid starting point, if put in relation with other elements of information gathered elsewhere : find detailed information about the company which was hosting the website. In order not to influence you, I won't tell more about this for now, but if you manage to find which company (which might be part of a larger group, so prepare to go deep in the level of details, and do not stop at the highest level), and the details of how they make business, that would be quite helpful.

You said you invested in Lunamine. When, how much and what's the id of the transaction?
odlal

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:58:25 PM

Come clean and tell everyone here about the trail of evidence you say you have ! It won't affect me one way or the other because I can make my own mind up about things thank you very much Smiley

Why not show us your evidence with the appropriate links so that we can confirm or refute your allegations ?

If there's bits of it you're still working on then keep that secret for now ... assuming your trail does lead somewhere eh ?
apsvinet

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:26:21 PM

Come clean and tell everyone here about the trail of evidence you say you have ! It won't affect me one way or the other because I can make my own mind up about things thank you very much Smiley

Why not show us your evidence with the appropriate links so that we can confirm or refute your allegations ?

If there's bits of it you're still working on then keep that secret for now ... assuming your trail does lead somewhere eh ?
He could PM it on request, I've asked for it but he wont. Tongue

RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:36:16 PM

Why should he? Lunamine has obviously still enough money for paying trolls - and he seems to have been paid for posting his crap. I can not imagine that anybody would write such bullshit without being paid...
odlal

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:53:14 PM

Why should he? Lunamine has obviously still enough money for paying trolls - and he seems to have been paid for posting his crap. I can not imagine that anybody would write such bullshit without being paid...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to help with my investigation, I would appreciate if people who made payments to lunamine could send me via PM or even in this thread the transaction ID of their payments. I may be able to do something from there. A mixer was used, but something else happened which might give some directions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a Matter of Principle : Because he (Btcmner) has previously asked for information from people here then he should be willing to reciprocate and do likewise shouldn't he ?

apsvinet

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:00:06 PM

In order to help with my investigation, I would appreciate if people who made payments to lunamine could send me via PM or even in this thread the transaction ID of their payments. I may be able to do something from there. A mixer was used, but something else happened which might give some directions.

As a Matter of Principle : Because he (Btcmner) has previously asked for information from people here then he should be willing to reciprocate and do likewise shouldn't he ?

Oh, but you're assuming he HAS information to share.

That's where I think you are wrong!

odlal

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:05:17 PM

I am waiting with "bated breath", let me tell you ... but hold no false hopes of him providing any concrete verifiable information whatsoever !
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:31:55 PM

I'm pretty sure he'll come back here with information. Like "The guy behind Lunamine is a Chinese wo can not be found anymore"...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: