Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:09:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares X Now Trading!!!  (Read 12614 times)
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:25:45 PM

Puppies you are the man.   

pay you back, when I buy

BTSX6F4ntqWgRd6e5Co19FMFRwubNGoadu1AXQSLWvHEu9YN95Jx4g

Thanks!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:24:40 AM

In my opinion, why Bitshares is the Pandora's box of crypto:

I was kind of foggy on what exactly would happen in the future with crypto until recently, but I think Daniel Larimer has unknowingly sealed it's fate with DPOS.  Governments don't like to be ejected from money affairs.  I foresee them taking something like DPOS, and instead of having 101 delegates, they will simply make each member of the UN a delegate, and boom, you have your New World Order, sovereign approved currency.

That scenario could be good in some ways, since it would most likely make things finite, or get rid of unaccountable government spending in other words, but through increased globalization, it could also be the start of world government, or god know's what else.

*this is not an endorsement to buy bitshares, since they would most likely just clone it and not actually use bitsharesX

Not sure what's that meant to mean?

POW is much better suited to NWO. Just buy some mining equipment offer the best pool rates and before you know it you'll control 51% of the system without Bitcoin holders being able to have a say - Ghash.io.

That kind of situation requires timely government planning and subterfuge.  You might get an actual, decentralized Bitcoin network for a decade or two before it happens.  PoW is kind of designed where it's impractical for the government to force it onto people.  Waste tons of energy for a government to impose their sovereign power, which they can already do anyway?  If the government was against Bitcoin, the odds of them flat out destroying it are a million times higher than them taking it over and forcing you to use it.  DPOS is a very practical thing for a government to take over and force you to use, such as the example I made about them assigning each UN member as a delegate.

For better or worse, DPOS is the best suited cryptocurrency for governments to deploy as a "new world order" currency.  Whether they would take over Bitshares, or just clone it and assign delegates themselves is another mystery.  They would most likely enjoy it's built in plutocratic voting mechanisms regardless.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:10:45 AM

In my opinion, why Bitshares is the Pandora's box of crypto:

I was kind of foggy on what exactly would happen in the future with crypto until recently, but I think Daniel Larimer has unknowingly sealed it's fate with DPOS.  Governments don't like to be ejected from money affairs.  I foresee them taking something like DPOS, and instead of having 101 delegates, they will simply make each member of the UN a delegate, and boom, you have your New World Order, sovereign approved currency.

That scenario could be good in some ways, since it would most likely make things finite, or get rid of unaccountable government spending in other words, but through increased globalization, it could also be the start of world government, or god know's what else.

*this is not an endorsement to buy bitshares, since they would most likely just clone it and not actually use bitsharesX

Not sure what's that meant to mean?

POW is much better suited to NWO. Just buy some mining equipment offer the best pool rates and before you know it you'll control 51% of the system without Bitcoin holders being able to have a say - Ghash.io.

That kind of situation requires timely government planning and subterfuge.  You might get an actual, decentralized Bitcoin network for a decade or two before it happens.  PoW is kind of designed where it's impractical for the government to force it onto people.  Waste tons of energy for a government to impose their sovereign power, which they can already do anyway?  If the government was against Bitcoin, the odds of them flat out destroying it are a million times higher than them taking it over and forcing you to use it.  DPOS is a very practical thing for a government to take over and force you to use, such as the example I made about them assigning each UN member as a delegate.

For better or worse, DPOS is the best suited cryptocurrency for governments to deploy as a "new world order" currency.  Whether they would take over Bitshares, or just clone it and assign delegates themselves is another mystery.  They would most likely enjoy it's built in plutocratic voting mechanisms regardless.

How could government "take over" bitshares?

Why would anyone follow government's clone?

Bithsares is the closest to a goverfnment-free system I have ever seen.

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:28:58 AM

Do all DPOS delegates currently operate anonymously over TOR, only identifying themselves with a random pseudonym?  Is TOR actually useful and not prone to timing attacks?  Can DPOS be scaled while using TOR?  Are all DPOS delegates supposedly distributed worldwide, but all located on the same Amazon server?  What percent of DPOS delegates are actually unique individuals?

That's how?

Admittedly, PoW is in the same boat, if not far worse off, but until questions like this can be addressed, DPOS isn't exactly bulletproof.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:40:20 AM

Do all DPOS delegates currently operate anonymously over TOR, only identifying themselves with a random pseudonym?  Is TOR actually useful and not prone to timing attacks?  Can DPOS be scaled while using TOR?  Are all DPOS delegates supposedly distributed worldwide, but all located on the same Amazon server?  What percent of DPOS delegates are actually unique individuals?

That's how?

Admittedly, PoW is in the same boat, if not far worse off, but until questions like this can be addressed, DPOS isn't exactly bulletproof.

Supposedly the DPOS delegates are spread over many regulatory jurisdictions and do not all need to be anonymous. Take one down and the next in line steps up.
puppies

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:04:13 AM

That's how?

I have personally run a delegate through tor, and sent transactions.  Support is not currently built into the client so I had to build the client in whonix to get multiple connections open at the same time.  I am not a tor expert, but to the best of my knowledge DPOS could scale through tor just fine.  Some delegates are running their nodes on their personal networks, and some have rented server space.  Its impossible to be sure how many actual individuals there are in the top 101 delegates, but I just looked through, and it appears theres around 40-50 different individuals.  I personally would like to see 101 different individuals spread out all over the world keeping only the fees needed to pay for their hardware/electricity/bandwidth and returning the rest to all shareholders.  Others have different ideas.  Some would like to see delegates keeping more of the fees and reinvesting those fees in the ecosystem.  Some picture delegates being professional teams, with different stated goals and perhaps running multiple delegates per team.  The beautiful part is that it is up to the actual users of the token to decide. 

As far as DPOS being co-opted by the government, I don't think thats a likely possibility.  The gov thugs would never give up their ability to inflate at will to fund the welfare/warfare state.  If their spending and inflation was on a blockchain and had an immediate impact on the purchasing power of other tokens, they would not be able to spend a tenth of what they currently do.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:19:28 AM

I personally would like to see 101 different individuals spread out all over the world keeping only the fees needed to pay for their hardware/electricity/bandwidth and returning the rest to all shareholders.

Having zero incentive to run and protect a node isn't a valid method of security.  There has to be some kind of profit margin or reason for doing so.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
puppies

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:32:29 AM

Puppies you are the man.   

pay you back, when I buy

Thanks!!!

Sent.  Sorry it took me a bit.  Was stuck at work.
puppies

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:41:30 AM

I personally would like to see 101 different individuals spread out all over the world keeping only the fees needed to pay for their hardware/electricity/bandwidth and returning the rest to all shareholders.

Having zero incentive to run and protect a node isn't a valid method of security.  There has to be some kind of profit margin or reason for doing so.

You are 100% correct.  A better way of stating it would have been paying for their hardware/electricity/bandwidth/time.  I believe delegates should be compensated at whatever level the market will bear.  The point I was trying to make is that my preference is for private individuals that return excess fees to the users, rather than delegates run by public teams or corporations, that use fees to spend towards projects. 
Danman

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:36:58 AM

Cool Smiley (I think they should make a thing that says 'account name is taken' or something.) How do you like the account name thing otherwise? Everyone's saying it's pretty cool, cuz it's anonymous as well, and a lot better than using addresses.

I haven't been able to open the wallet yet, as it crashes on my windows, but already thinking of a cool account name or two Smiley

I am sure there will be that sort of error message added at some point.

I was able to register my first name, since it wasn't taken yet, so cool  Cheesy
Now I can send funds from bter.com within seconds just by typing in my name, it's awesome!
Bter btw seems to have increased the maximum withdrawal amount to 50,000 BTSX.

Anybody needs a BTSX to get registered, let me know via PM. It could take me up to 24h, since I can't access from work.
puppies

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:52:39 AM

With lots of help, I have been able to create a web wallet with some funds built in for registration purposes.  If you are currently unable to open the wallet due to silly windows issues and just want to play, or need funds to register an account to withdraw from bter feel free to use it.  Theres about a dollars worth of BTSX on there.  Please only take what you need to register your account.  about .2BTSX.  Or replace what you take.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6122.msg81960#msg81960
mbaeichapareiko

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:09:16 AM

Thanks for trying puppies, for some reason, it never went through....

Danman, maybe you can help with getting this wallet  started?

much appreciated.

puppies

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:20:44 AM

Thanks for trying puppies, for some reason, it never went through....

Danman, maybe you can help with getting this wallet  started?

much appreciated.

I was in the middle of syncing my blockchain after updating the wallet. I assumed it had gone through.  Resent.
mbaeichapareiko

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:24:27 AM

Hey Puppies,  received   Thanks.... lets get this party started.  Smiley Wink

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:01:46 PM

With lots of help, I have been able to create a web wallet with some funds built in for registration purposes.  If you are currently unable to open the wallet due to silly windows issues and just want to play, or need funds to register an account to withdraw from bter feel free to use it.  Theres about a dollars worth of BTSX on there.  Please only take what you need to register your account.  about .2BTSX.  Or replace what you take.

Cool Bananas.

Yes I would recommend new people check out the demo web wallet & see what they think.  
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 02:22:09 PM

With lots of help, I have been able to create a web wallet with some funds built in for registration purposes.  If you are currently unable to open the wallet due to silly windows issues and just want to play, or need funds to register an account to withdraw from bter feel free to use it.  Theres about a dollars worth of BTSX on there.  Please only take what you need to register your account.  about .2BTSX.  Or replace what you take.

Thanks for that, I am waiting on the Windows wallet and since I haven't had the time to follow more than the basic gist of Bitshares up to now I was really quite curious to take a look - and the wallet looks fantastic!
profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:09:25 PM

Any chance of someone sending me enough BTSX to register? BTSX5e91V7WZvJ81ao2Lp3gywLAi3rN2yfDm3vXfhBvjhDrsbTmn6P
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:23:40 PM

Any chance of someone sending me enough BTSX to register? BTSX5e91V7WZvJ81ao2Lp3gywLAi3rN2yfDm3vXfhBvjhDrsbTmn6P

I haven't downloaded it yet sorry, crashes on my windows.

There is a demo web wallet you can access from that link, you can send yourself enough BTSX to register, just send the same amount back when you're done if you can.
profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:30:04 PM

I haven't downloaded it yet sorry, crashes on my windows.

There is a demo web wallet you can access from that link, you can send yourself enough BTSX to register, just send the same amount back when you're done if you can.

Oh yes, thanks, I'm so forgetful - I'd already looked at that when I thought the wallet wouldn't work on any Windows machine, but it seems to be fine on my laptop.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:35:27 PM

Sent 1 BTSX, registration costs 0.1 BTSX

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █