Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:25:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ORA:: Development discussion thread  (Read 13386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nioccoin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:23:22 AM

...snip...
Can we have a reputation coin built into ORA somehow?

I'm glad you asked! Yes, reputation is something I want to incorporate into Ora.  I have some ideas to break new ground in this arena.  But as always, I'm accepting ideas from the community on this (and everything else).

kind regards,
nio

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:37:16 PM

4000 bonus Ora for original stakeholders (founded by me):
http://oraforum.org/index.php?topic=17.0

Let us know what you'd most like to see happen in the project.
Mac Red

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:18:10 PM

Feel free to join us on the forum nio. Cool
nioccoin

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:51:45 PM

It's official!

The Ora team has decided to reject cloning Qora as a candidate solution for Ora.  As we have delved deeper into what kind of currency Ora will be, and gathered requirements from the project stakeholders (including everyone active in the forums), the direction we want to take Ora will be better served by eliminating Qora from the candidate solutions pool.  Instead Ora will strike out in a different direction.  This should be no surprise to many of you who have followed Ora since the beginning.  The project documents for Ora were created in anticipation of this contingency.  In fact, it has been our intent to remain loosely coupled to what coin, if any, we would ultimately clone. 

This decision opens up a multitude of new possibilities for Ora, but the greatest relief is it unshackles Ora from waiting on some other coin's months-long open source release, and the subsequent waiting period during which the open-sourced code is vetted, a process which by itself may take months of distribution to reveal errors and weaknesses.

Because we have anticipated this risk from the beginning, and even codified this into our founding documents, we have lost no momentum whatsoever.

Stay tuned for more information in the next few weeks as we continue updating our investigation into Ora's business requirements.

kind regards,
nio
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:29:09 PM

What about Ora being the first currency on top of NXt using the Nxt monetary system? Just an idea.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:32:28 AM

It's official!

The Ora team has decided to reject cloning Qora as a candidate solution for Ora.  As we have delved deeper into what kind of currency Ora will be, and gathered requirements from the project stakeholders (including everyone active in the forums), the direction we want to take Ora will be better served by eliminating Qora from the candidate solutions pool.  Instead Ora will strike out in a different direction.  This should be no surprise to many of you who have followed Ora since the beginning.  The project documents for Ora were created in anticipation of this contingency.  In fact, it has been our intent to remain loosely coupled to what coin, if any, we would ultimately clone.  

This decision opens up a multitude of new possibilities for Ora, but the greatest relief is it unshackles Ora from waiting on some other coin's months-long open source release, and the subsequent waiting period during which the open-sourced code is vetted, a process which by itself may take months of distribution to reveal errors and weaknesses.

Because we have anticipated this risk from the beginning, and even codified this into our founding documents, we have lost no momentum whatsoever.

Stay tuned for more information in the next few weeks as we continue updating our investigation into Ora's business requirements.

kind regards,
nio

It's official you are a joke. And for goodness sake why don't supporters here buy actual Qora and come on board. There is no unfair distribution now the price has been knocked down so much. You simply can't use that argument anymore than the ROI early miners get. Hop on the Qora train the price is about to explode.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:47:30 AM

This is not a joke. This is a practical solution. Instead of waiting for Qora's source code, ORA is now moving in a practical direction. This shouldn't come as a shocker to you. Told ya before chance of Ora using Qora is 50% chance.

rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:57:40 AM

This is not a joke. This is a practical solution. Instead of waiting for Qora's source code, ORA is now moving in a practical direction. This shouldn't come as a shocker to you. Told ya before chance of Ora using Qora is 50% chance.

so what do you have now? A desire to get rich? Joke.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:10:23 AM

A plan towards a real time business platform. So yeah, not a joke. Do you see pumps anywhere? We are not concerned with the price.  Grin

Mac Red

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:29:55 AM

Thanks for the update nio. Cool Things will get very interesting from here!
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:50:08 AM

Why do you say a group of people coming together to discuss 'building' something 'useful' is a joke? Some of the parts of ORA might be borrowed & modified from other projects, some might be developed from scratch. Where's the joke? It's the same basic process that humans have been employing for thousands of years. Building on top of and extending what already exists to try and make new things that didn't exist previously, and/or making existing things better.

That's what open source software is about. That's why people share their knowledge in academic journals & books all around the world. It's about experimenting, making progress, learning from mistakes, and not being afraid of falling down occasionally, or being criticized.

Why not join us?

Read this recent post from the Skycoin dev - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380441.msg8505148#msg8505148 - he/she understands. Feel their passion for what they're trying to do.

See the crypto glass as half full!

nioccoin

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:29:09 PM

It's official you are a joke. And for goodness sake why don't supporters here buy actual Qora and come on board. There is no unfair distribution now the price has been knocked down so much. You simply can't use that argument anymore than the ROI early miners get. Hop on the Qora train the price is about to explode.

rabbiter = upset when Ora decided to clone Qora.
rabbiter = upset when Ora decided not to clone Qora.

Rage!
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:21:54 PM

A community can make or break a coin and we can begin to see here why Qora is sitting at 13 satoshi despite being a new and innovative technology.

Perhaps you will learn a lesson from Ora here.
BestofSR

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:52:46 PM

Not cloning Qora is good decision.

Rabbiter has terrible marketing strategy for Qora, by forcing others to buy your coin makes it repulsive. One reason I havent invested in Qora is Rabbiters posts all over this forum.

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VqdA2ZZWSTn6UCfCHyDjmTuA3WeToPPa9k
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:16:26 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 02:36:48 AM by sparta_cuss

...snip...

I'm glad you asked! Yes, reputation is something I want to incorporate into Ora.  I have some ideas to break new ground in this arena.  But as always, I'm accepting ideas from the community on this (and everything else).

kind regards,
nio

Please take a look at this thread from the Counterparty forum.

https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,220.0.html

This is a very interesting proposal to monetize the reputation of any particular seller by making it possible to issue an insurance policy on that seller. I don't know whether this could be built into a coin at the core.

This proposal went in a number of productive directions, but ultimately the one driver of the discussion lost interest. I am sharing it here because it's too interesting an idea to leave alone. I do not have the technical knowledge to be able to code such a thing, but am quite capable of creating use cases and imagining how this might work from a user's perspective.

If you decide to go in this direction, I would love to contribute.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:31:39 AM

...snip...

I'm glad you asked! Yes, reputation is something I want to incorporate into Ora.  I have some ideas to break new ground in this arena.  But as always, I'm accepting ideas from the community on this (and everything else).

kind regards,
nio

Please take a look at this thread from the Counterparty forum.

https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,220.0.html

This is a very interesting proposal to monetize the reputation of any particular seller by making it possible to issue an insurance policy on that seller. I don't know whether this could be built into a coin at the core.

This proposal went in a number of productive directions, but ultimately the one driver of the discussion lost interest. I am sharing it here because it's too interesting an idea to leave alone. I do not have the technical knowledge to be able to code such a thing, but am quite capable of creating use cases and imagining how this might work from a user's perspective.

If you decide to go in this direction, I would love to contribute.

Hey, thanks sparta_cuss!
I agree that moneitizing reputation effectively to both prevent scams, and to facilitate more effective online commerce is one of the 'holy grails' at the moment. The great thing with online life is you can still be anon if you want, but that shouldn't stop you accumulating a 'good' reputation that transports easily from one environment to another. A coin that builds a reputation system into its ecosystem, and somehow uses that to prevent scams, compensate victims, and reward good honest behaviour is something I'm very interested in pursuing, so I'll definitely check that proposal out some more.

Here's a really good TED talk on reputation capital that I found very thought provoking  - https://www.ted.com/talks/rachel_botsman_the_currency_of_the_new_economy_is_trust

thanks

Pentamon

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 06:17:21 PM

Final voting week for the logo!

Please go here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.msg8688537#msg8688537

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
Victorius

Activity: 73

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:25:50 PM

any interesting news regarding development? Do we know what we are gonna to clone?

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
nioccoin

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:42:08 AM

any interesting news regarding development? Do we know what we are gonna to clone?

I've been doing a great deal of research on potential new features.  We have had some internal discussions regarding a clone source.  I will be compiling these into the next version of the Ora project plan, which will be due out after I have the website completed.

If you have any ideas regarding a clone base or features, feel free to speak up about them.

kind regards,
nio
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:56:09 PM

I've been doing a great deal of research on potential new features.  We have had some internal discussions regarding a clone source.  I will be compiling these into the next version of the Ora project plan, which will be due out after I have the website completed.

If you have any ideas regarding a clone base or features, feel free to speak up about them.

kind regards,
nio

Hello.

Recently I have heard of a coin that has an interesting concept but i found the implementation
or lets say distribution to much centralized.
Maybe ORA could implement the same concepts but with a wider user base adoption.

You can find the links here and also my thought about it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225659.msg8968204#msg8968204

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: