Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:34:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ORA:: Development discussion thread  (Read 13386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
start

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:03:49 PM

i agree with chirs try something new and please choose another name not Kora  Sad
this name looks very good.don't change.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pentamon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 10:09:02 PM

those logos, seriously...

i am having the same feeling about those logos.....

What feelings are those?

Can we not move the logo's to a section for logo design?
Some form of designer corner or logo design competition.

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
Pentamon

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 11:13:02 PM

Ideas

1. Limit daily transfer set by user. X exceeding certain amount need more confirmation or extra security measures.

2. "Lock" balance. If you are planning not to use the funds for some time, lock it and to unlock it must follow steps from step 1 (extra security measure)

# extra security measure is what we need to think about, verification by email or mobile? Then will it still be called decentralization since now you can be tracked with email or mobile.number? Something to think about.

1+2 This would be awesome! Great idea.

#extra security: If it´s optional, why not.

I also think that these suggestions are great.
I know that not everyone is happy about the abilities and impact of biometrics, but what about leaving the option in for the user to decide which of multiple verification systems they are happy with?
This does not mean that the user could necessarily be tracked by others via their mobile number or whatever is used as an additional verification. I think of it as additional to the private key, and that could mean a second password, a cellphone text or sms, or even some biometric inputs.

Pentamon

DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:29:20 AM

Let security be our strength. Cool

Victorius

Activity: 73

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:25:18 PM

you should negate everything that was ever critisized in history of crypto. Easy. Cheesy

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:31:45 PM

u should rebrand kora to a new catchy name- i suggest "Poroshenko"

~CfA~

Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:01:32 AM

those logos, seriously...

i am having the same feeling about those logos.....

What feelings are those?

Can we not move the logo's to a section for logo design?
Some form of designer corner or logo design competition.

Pentamon

Good suggestion Pentamon! A logo thread might be fun too. Any logo will need to fit in with nioccoin's website, but we can at least make a start at getting some suggestions.

nioccoin

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:42:55 AM

Pentamon

Good suggestion Pentamon! A logo thread might be fun too. Any logo will need to fit in with nioccoin's website, but we can at least make a start at getting some suggestions.

Yes, thanks for bringing that up.

As long as the logo is a square dimension, such as a*a, or a round logo, it will fit easily in to the website.  If we somehow end up with a rectangular logo or some oblong shape, which does happen, it will be more difficult to incorporate, but not impossible.  Also, make sure to design in a transparency layer format of some kind, or at least have the ability to export it with transparency.  I can read just about any major file format.

At this point we will just plan to keep the images sort-of generic, and the site design will be switch-selectable in terms of colour scheme.  For instance, the present colour scheme will almost certainly clash if we end up with the aforementioned starfish logo, so I'll try to keep the colours nimble.

kind regards,
nio
nioccoin

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:48:48 AM

I've read all of the security considerations thus far, and seen some good ideas.  Does anyone else have anything they would like to offer up as an idea for security?

What I'm looking for is sort-of a  scenario-based or experience-based issue that you've had.  Say you go to your bank to withdraw some money and.....

Everything that completes that sentence in a "bad" way is good material, and identifies a potential problem.  The good stuff  that happens is a potential feature idea.

Or, perhaps you use SomeCoin and when you use their wallet, it....

Again, whatever completes that sentence could be invaluable info.

I'll give it a bit more time, and then I'm going to release the plan.

This is not the end, just the beginning, and I expect this topic will get very hot much later on when we start getting into development, which is not atypical.  I'm just trying to take the community's pulse as-is at present, to get some idea about what direction you all wish to take this.

Kind regards,
nio
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:26:28 AM

I am just thinking. You will have a passphrase that can be saved anywhere in a pc or paper or phone. So chances for a hacker to get those passphrase is still there, maybe not a very high chance but a minimal chance. But no doubt there is. So i am thinking, how if we add another lets say 3 characters that will act sorta "cvc" number on credit card onto withdrawal password additional to wallet passphrase. Something that you can remember and something you wont need to write down / save it anywhere else.

Pentamon

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 04:30:38 PM

I am just thinking. You will have a passphrase that can be saved anywhere in a pc or paper or phone. So chances for a hacker to get those passphrase is still there, maybe not a very high chance but a minimal chance. But no doubt there is. So i am thinking, how if we add another lets say 3 characters that will act sorta "cvc" number on credit card onto withdrawal password additional to wallet passphrase. Something that you can remember and something you wont need to write down / save it anywhere else.

Yes. Make it a 3 or 4 character 'pin'.  I like the idea.

Another problem that I have, is that once in a while, while working with the NXT/NFD/NHZ passphrase in a copy-paste mode, I accidentally push the middle mouse button on the browser window, and there goes my passphrase to google!  Whoopey!  So much for the 'privacy' of that passphrase. Just look at the one-time google searches, you will find it...

Adding a part of the passphrase manually would be a  solution, I guess.

Pentamon

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:42:25 PM

Kora stakeholder list has been released!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.msg7876022#msg7876022

sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:22:28 AM

so good , when will be distributed?
gvans

Activity: 281

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:01:03 AM

Played a little with the starfish. I made it a little chunkier and gave it some motion and star-like qualities with heated nucleus Wink

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
Purple!

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:07:46 AM

Very nice gvans! Put a purple border.  Grin
Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:16:42 AM

I have started a Logo design discussion & submission thread!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.new#new

Have fun Smiley

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:20:28 AM

When can we expect updates from nio?

xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:56:21 AM

Ora feature request: N of M multisignature accounts/addresses.  At the time of address/account creation, allow specifying an arbitrary M number of keys for an account with an arbitrary N number of signatures where N is of the set {1 .. M}.

The idea is to allow an account's funds to be spent only once N keys have signed the transaction.

(Emulating Bitcoin multisig would involve a M of 3 and a N of 2, for example.)

If this is implemented, it would allow easy integration with the Nxt Multigateway service.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
signingoff

Activity: 290

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:33:41 AM

Can we develop Ora from scratch, not a clone of Qora?
  Cheesy
Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:00:03 PM

Can we develop Ora from scratch, not a clone of Qora?
  Cheesy

That is possible, but so much great dev work has already been open sourced (e.g. bitcoin, NXT, Ripple), and I think it's wise to review all those projects first, and then develop a road map for ORA. Where we end up is unknown at this time, but as this project develops I think it'll be less likely that ORA is a straight clone of Qora. Once Qora is open sourced we should review it and use the parts of it that are useful. In the end we will be guided by nioccoin, and all those who join with him!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: