Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:37:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you really earn more money because you went to college?  (Read 12994 times)
Crypto_G

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:09:07 PM

Sir Richard Branson and Warren buffet, are proof you do not need a stinking diploma, when you make bank like that you can just buy the university of your choice  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:01:20 PM

Sir Richard Branson and Warren buffet, are proof you do not need a stinking diploma, when you make bank like that you can just buy the university of your choice  Grin
Those are exceptions.  For the vast majority of people, education is very important in one way or another.  Not everyone will benefit from a college degree, but you can't just say that people shouldn't go to college so that they'll become rich.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:22:44 PM

I can entertain the notion that a degree is not particularly important, in the scheme of things. But this is a really weak argument. No one here is going to wake up tomorrow and work themselves up to being Warren Buffet.... Roll Eyes
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:27:24 PM

No you are taught that you will earn money because you have a fancy degree but most companies prefer experience honestly a little piece of paper doesn't go very far when there are millions with that piece of paper. 

Currently held as collateral by monbux
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 08:53:04 PM

I can entertain the notion that a degree is not particularly important, in the scheme of things. But this is a really weak argument. No one here is going to wake up tomorrow and work themselves up to being Warren Buffet.... Roll Eyes

Why not?

Apparently a lot of members don't think you really earn more money because you went to college, think you do earn more money in some fields or because people know you are likely to have some qualities associated with a college degree but if a lot of students made a bad deal going into huge debts and spending years to get a worthless degree

nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:02:36 PM

I'm a high school drop out and thanks to crypto I'm retired.

Smiley

Are you really retired, or just not working for now?

Done! Bought a few thousand btc early on, sold at 250 and 1000 and have retired since.
I have a few properties, a healthy bank account and a few old school cold wallets put away for safe keeping! Wink
For all intensive purposes I've retired. I do however maintain 3 rental properties that I own, some people call that work. I call it living!

Viva la Bitcoin and Cloakcoin!

If you weren't a high school drop out you would realize the phrase is "intents and purposes" not intensive purposes.

The problem with ignorant, uneducated people is they don't know they are.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:05:52 AM

Smiley

Done! Bought a few thousand btc early on, sold at 250 and 1000 and have retired since.
I have a few properties, a healthy bank account and a few old school cold wallets put away for safe keeping! Wink
For all intensive purposes I've retired. I do however maintain 3 rental properties that I own, some people call that work. I call it living!

If you weren't a high school drop out you would realize the phrase is "intents and purposes" not intensive purposes.

Oh I'm sorry, how about you crawl back under the darkcoin bagholding rock you came from.
TRex95

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:10:01 AM

I think you need the right degree if you are to really earn more then if you didn't go to college. If you get a degree in history or art then you are going to make much less then even a high school drop out. If however you get a degree in finance or a law degree then you will likely earn much more then if you did not go to college.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:28:22 AM

Umm no but I did meet a couple of really hot chicks in the smoking section between classes though Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
HarryT1923

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:02:03 AM

well, i have a knack for numbers and visualizing "big picture" systems, 3d modeling, etc. mechanical engineering was a natural course for me, and there's no way i could be where i am now without having gone to school.

not saying i couldn't have made more money elsewhere, but i'm also not sure how i would have done it, either.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 02:09:19 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 03:13:14 AM by Lethn

well, i have a knack for numbers and visualizing "big picture" systems, 3d modeling, etc. mechanical engineering was a natural course for me, and there's no way i could be where i am now without having gone to school.

not saying i couldn't have made more money elsewhere, but i'm also not sure how i would have done it, either.

I could understand mechanical engineering as that's a very specific field but 3D Modelling you could have picked up on your own, there are thousands of tutorials out there on it, I'm getting back into it again now that I'm improving my 2D art.

Edit: Oh wait, I just realised, mechanical engineering probably includes 3D like architecture stuff doesn't it? Tongue
bridgesro

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:34:32 AM

My diploma certainly helped me get the job I have now, but I don't earn as much as you would expect in the field (which is why I'm not pursuing a higher level degree; a guy I work with has his Master's and he barely gets paid more than I do). I'd much rather go in business for myself so I can control my own output and influence my own intake.
nsimmons

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:13:24 AM

Smiley

Oh I'm sorry, how about you crawl back under the darkcoin bagholding rock you came from.

Explain to me what it's like to wear your ignorance as a badge of honour. I have a pet guinea pig. I'm sure he thinks he's pretty clever. Is that the case with you? Do you honestly believe it? Deep down you must realize that you failed at the most remedial task expected of a first world participant. How does feel to know that you are most likely the dumbest person on this forum?

I find it quite fascinating. It's like watching a chimpanzee try to paint.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 04:22:22 AM

Explain to me what it's like to wear your ignorance as a badge of honour. I have a pet guinea pig. I'm sure he thinks he's pretty clever. Is that the case with you? Do you honestly believe it? Deep down you must realize that you failed at the most remedial task expected of a first world participant. How does feel to know that you are most likely the dumbest person on this forum?

The only point you've made on this thread is to correct someone's use of a word which could have been easily mistyped in the wrong way anyway, how exactly are you intelligent? Not to insult any people who have been to college but it is remarkable how people who have been 'educated' seem to think it gives them a right to be incredibly arrogant and condescending to people who aren't and when you dig deeper you generally find they've learned fuck all or have ended up in careers they never studied for in the first place.

I have to give props to anybody who's actually carefully thought out what they picked rather than just took one for the sake of it.
nsimmons

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:31:40 AM

The only point you've made on this thread is to correct someone's use of a word which could have been easily mistyped in the wrong way anyway, how exactly are you intelligent? Not to insult any people who have been to college but it is remarkable how people who have been 'educated' seem to think it gives them a right to be incredibly arrogant and condescending to people who aren't and when you dig deeper you generally find they've learned fuck all or have ended up in careers they never studied for in the first place.

I have to give props to anybody who's actually carefully thought out what they picked rather than just took one for the sake of it.

You only have half the information, besides the conversation doesn't concern you. Bob spent all day stalking people, unsolicited, telling them how stupid they are. Turns out Bob spent his day insulting people who hold advanced degrees in hard sciences, when he himself couldn't even finish high school.

Turns out he doesn't like the favour being returned to him. You are quite welcome to check his post history.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:37:22 AM

You only have half the information, besides the conversation doesn't concern you. Bob spent all day stalking people, unsolicited, telling them how stupid they are. Turns out Bob spent his day insulting people who hold advanced degrees in hard sciences, when he himself couldn't even finish high school.

Turns out he doesn't like the favour being returned to him. You are quite welcome to check his post history.

LMAO.. I could care less about your degrees. I've made it in life, I no longer need to work and I can spend my time enjoying the company of good friends, family and all you on the forum.
nsimmons

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:38:45 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 05:02:52 AM by nsimmons

LMAO.. I could care less about your degrees. I've made it in life, I no longer need to work and I can spend my time enjoying the company of good friends, family and all you on the forum.

So you are like the guinea pig. Thanks for answering.

[edit]
Even better, looks like you are also a thief, scam artist and a liar.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=489001.msg7199450#msg7199450
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639835.260
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639835.msg7193861#msg7193861

This your as well? Are you actually a con artist too?
http://www.scamchecker.com/content/robert-duskes-scamstoppers.com-scam-company
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641299.0

dwi0021

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:43:23 AM

If you have degree you will have higher chance that will get accepted in a job than a non degree holder. You will lose all your money but your degree and education cannot be stolen from you.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 10:31:29 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 11:17:25 AM by Lethn

Oh I checked who was posting the other thing and realised it was bobsurplus, I thought you were going after somebody else, in that case I totally understand bobsurplus is a dick and that's one of his standard tactics, because like most petty people since he can't hurt our feelings he resorts to trying to harass you off the board, luckily there's no moderators here that will go and ban us if any of us call him a fucking moron who needs to stop harassing people.

This is one of the reasons I hang out on Bitcointalk, especially with how fast moderators look to ban me in other places for having disagreements with their established members, just do yourself a favour and put him on your ignore list and you'll be a lot happier, he'll go away eventually despite his efforts to antagonise. You just raised my concerns a bit because I'm probably the most uneducated person in history but I do my best to make sure what I say is cross-checked and actually true but it's also one of the reasons why I can have lots of opinions on things and varied opinions at that.

p.s. I also make sure when I post words I understand them and use dictionary.com lol Tongue far better than any school for cross-checking and making sure people understand you.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:40:01 AM

Within few years there will be no studies. Because online earning is here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: