Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:26:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701036 times)
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 11:45:34 AM

Hi Patrike, I have not written to you for a long time, you are doing a great job as always, I remind you of an old request from me and I propose a new one.

Old request:

Know in statistics the times you make profit change in 24 hours and for each moment. To determine if that percentage of mining of a coin has done it in 1 change or in 30. It would help me to make better decisions

The other request is an improvement on something existing. I mean temperature control, which is going very well but I explain.

I use both methods, both the general by TDP with its two options and also the core reduction. My scheme is as follows

TDP 1 limitation: 72 degrees, you under the TDP

TDP 2 limitation: 74 degrees, even more under the TDP

Temperature limitation in each OC or core, I have it at 76 degrees

What is the problem ?, Well, it works well, but is constantly jumping temperature. I have a card that according to the Algorithm gets very hot and is always dancing the temperature of 72 to 76 degrees. Because what happens that when it falls to 71 or 72 the limitations are removed and reheated, when it is heated, the limitations are activated and the temperature is lowered, but then the limitations are removed and again heated. I think that so much temperature change, TDP and core can be even bad.

The idea or solution I see simple. If a card activates a temperature limit for example TDP 1, this limit remains active until it changes algorithm or currency. This way we avoid getting the cards receiving a constant change of TDP and CORE all the time. It is logical that if it reaches TDP 1 and 2 and the temperature drops, if we remove the limitation it warms up again. That's why I think it's a better idea to keep the limitations until you change your currency. That way the temperature would be more stable, and I wouldn't be hitting jumps all the time between 72 and 76 as is my case, I don't want it to reach 76 every time.

I hope it is understood and that you see it well as an idea, the implementation is very easy, basically because almost everything is done, just keep limitations until currency exchange, with which the temperature will not be jumping, we are not changing TDP and CORE several times per minute to the card

Hi patrike, happy holidays. I would like you to tell me something about the suggestion I made.

I think the implementation is very easy, 90% is done. It is only to maintain the limitations if they are reached and even if the temperature drops, keep those limitations. Only if you change currency or make a change would you reset

Believe me that I have several cards constantly dancing between 72 and 76 and I do not like anything, and if under the OC it is for the entire Rig, while if a card reaches a limitation, it keeps it, instead of constantly activating and deactivating the limitations and producing a temperature dance. I have already broken one of those cards and I think it's because of the continuous dance, because it always reached the maximum, it went down to 71, it went back up, so 24 hours every day. Too much stress for the card.
Thanks for the additional comments.

Right now there is a limit of 30 seconds between the Power Limit changes. This will only prevent some of the changes - but I understand your point that it still can be too many. Maybe the change should be like this:
- The Power Limit can be decreased no more frequently than 30 seconds after last Power Limit change
- The Power Limit can be increased no more frequently than 5 minutes after last Power Limit change.

This would make the Power Limit go down as fast as today - but it will not be increased so fast again. It will stay on a lower level for some time before it even attempts to go back. So instead of possibly 120 changes per hours as you could have today, this concept would give about 11-12 changes per hour.

This concept would work fine even if you would be mining for a longer period of time - as you don't have to wait for a profit switch. It would also be working for those that doesn't do profit switching and runs the same mining software and pool all the time.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

I think it's fine, but that time of 5 minutes could be changed. So by default everyone 5 minutes away, but if I want it, I can put it for 30 minutes for example and so everyone would be happy.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trucobit

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 11:46:05 AM

There are times that some browsers have expired SSL and the connection is not secure, for example

https://explorer.zano.org/get_info

It would be nice if these requests left SSL aside, because when making the request AM you don't see the value. If I made the request regardless of SSL or non-SSL, I would always get the value.

Can you schedule the hash and difficulty Explorer requests, so they don't take SSL into account?

I have never used the suppliers, I use them as a reference and every currency that interests me I add the data dynamically and I perform performance tests. I do not serve the data of the providers, they are usually quite bad.
narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1749
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 12:36:42 PM

upd: Solved!

simple add a pause before service start. For my 8 GPU rig i needed extra 50 sec. delay to properly initialize all GPUs (if you guys have rigs with more cards or general slow system, simple increase delay)

I have added one string in [Service] section in awesome.service file:

[Service]
ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 50
ExecStart=/awesomeminer-remoteagent/AwesomeMiner.RemoteAgent.Linux

Thanks for all detailed feedback and good that you found a workaround. I will look into this scenario to find a better way for Remote Agent to handle it.

Hi patrike
looks like my solution not works always(( sometimes yes, sometimes no. I have increased delay time, but this caused other problem, service stuck in "pre-start" state after rebooting.
Looks like awesome.service code must better check GPU initialization before delegate control to AwesomeMiner main program.
Hope you solve this quickly. Till this only manual restarting helps.

Regards.

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
immolated

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 10:17:27 AM

Anyone else having problems with awesome miner firmware 3.8.6 on an Antminer L3+?

1) Quiet fan mode on startup straight up doesn't work, fans run full blast on reset

2) Autotune does not restart the miner on the "Restarting..." phase.  I have to manually reset to get it to finish.

3) Antminer restarts for no reason every 2-12 hours...nothing in the log, tried every combination of settings, voltages, freqs.  Even worse with quiet fan mode not working cause some of my miners are inside.

I used to run the Blissz custom firmware and did not have any of these issues.  Support claimed no one else was having these issues, but it's happening on each one of my 35 miners.  Can someone with an L3+ verify that they also have these issues?
ivcelmik

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2019, 07:34:00 PM

Hi,

any sugesstions about RX580 8GB how can i overclock it? i have premium version,for example my clocks are 1145 at clock and 2100 for mem but when i try to overclock them they show me max 2000 Mhz at mem how that;s possible? i'm using 18,4 on Ubuntu 16.4
doguluskaien

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 10:01:53 PM

Please tell me how to set if you want to do party mining with zergpool Cheesy
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 10:54:43 PM

Please tell me how to set if you want to do party mining with zergpool Cheesy

1. you would need to add a pool, follow the documentation

https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000086010-mining-pools

2. Easiest is to use the Zergpool's Miner Command Line Generator (select radio button that says Party) located on their home page and fill in the relevant information, just copy paste in the generated command and paste them into the Pool Properties

Server URL: {generated}
Worker Name: {generated}
Worker password: {generated}
doguluskaien

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 03:06:51 PM

Is it not good to put m = party.password in the place of add to worker name?
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 30, 2019, 07:10:58 AM

@patrike - Can you add an option to show number coins per day in addition to dollar value in Coin column? Will make it much easier to compare with actual pool earnings, as dollar value goes up and down. Thanks.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2019, 12:09:22 AM

Hi Patrike, I have not written to you for a long time, you are doing a great job as always, I remind you of an old request from me and I propose a new one.

Old request:

Know in statistics the times you make profit change in 24 hours and for each moment. To determine if that percentage of mining of a coin has done it in 1 change or in 30. It would help me to make better decisions

The other request is an improvement on something existing. I mean temperature control, which is going very well but I explain.

I use both methods, both the general by TDP with its two options and also the core reduction. My scheme is as follows

TDP 1 limitation: 72 degrees, you under the TDP

TDP 2 limitation: 74 degrees, even more under the TDP

Temperature limitation in each OC or core, I have it at 76 degrees

What is the problem ?, Well, it works well, but is constantly jumping temperature. I have a card that according to the Algorithm gets very hot and is always dancing the temperature of 72 to 76 degrees. Because what happens that when it falls to 71 or 72 the limitations are removed and reheated, when it is heated, the limitations are activated and the temperature is lowered, but then the limitations are removed and again heated. I think that so much temperature change, TDP and core can be even bad.

The idea or solution I see simple. If a card activates a temperature limit for example TDP 1, this limit remains active until it changes algorithm or currency. This way we avoid getting the cards receiving a constant change of TDP and CORE all the time. It is logical that if it reaches TDP 1 and 2 and the temperature drops, if we remove the limitation it warms up again. That's why I think it's a better idea to keep the limitations until you change your currency. That way the temperature would be more stable, and I wouldn't be hitting jumps all the time between 72 and 76 as is my case, I don't want it to reach 76 every time.

I hope it is understood and that you see it well as an idea, the implementation is very easy, basically because almost everything is done, just keep limitations until currency exchange, with which the temperature will not be jumping, we are not changing TDP and CORE several times per minute to the card

Hi patrike, happy holidays. I would like you to tell me something about the suggestion I made.

I think the implementation is very easy, 90% is done. It is only to maintain the limitations if they are reached and even if the temperature drops, keep those limitations. Only if you change currency or make a change would you reset

Believe me that I have several cards constantly dancing between 72 and 76 and I do not like anything, and if under the OC it is for the entire Rig, while if a card reaches a limitation, it keeps it, instead of constantly activating and deactivating the limitations and producing a temperature dance. I have already broken one of those cards and I think it's because of the continuous dance, because it always reached the maximum, it went down to 71, it went back up, so 24 hours every day. Too much stress for the card.
Thanks for the additional comments.

Right now there is a limit of 30 seconds between the Power Limit changes. This will only prevent some of the changes - but I understand your point that it still can be too many. Maybe the change should be like this:
- The Power Limit can be decreased no more frequently than 30 seconds after last Power Limit change
- The Power Limit can be increased no more frequently than 5 minutes after last Power Limit change.

This would make the Power Limit go down as fast as today - but it will not be increased so fast again. It will stay on a lower level for some time before it even attempts to go back. So instead of possibly 120 changes per hours as you could have today, this concept would give about 11-12 changes per hour.

This concept would work fine even if you would be mining for a longer period of time - as you don't have to wait for a profit switch. It would also be working for those that doesn't do profit switching and runs the same mining software and pool all the time.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

I think it's fine, but that time of 5 minutes could be changed. So by default everyone 5 minutes away, but if I want it, I can put it for 30 minutes for example and so everyone would be happy.
I will introduce this concept in the next release and you will be able to set "Delay increases by (minutes)" where you can change from 5 to for example 30 minutes.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2019, 12:15:09 AM

There are times that some browsers have expired SSL and the connection is not secure, for example

It would be nice if these requests left SSL aside, because when making the request AM you don't see the value. If I made the request regardless of SSL or non-SSL, I would always get the value.

Can you schedule the hash and difficulty Explorer requests, so they don't take SSL into account?

I have never used the suppliers, I use them as a reference and every currency that interests me I add the data dynamically and I perform performance tests. I do not serve the data of the providers, they are usually quite bad.
In general it's not good to accept broken certificates for HTTPS, but in this case it's not any sensitive data. This specific site forces HTTPS, but then doesn't have a valid certificate. Today, Awesome Miner will reject it and your web browser will prompt you if you want to load the page.

It's a very quick change for me to make to allow you to load data from thei site - so you can expect it in the next version.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2019, 12:15:35 AM

simple add a pause before service start. For my 8 GPU rig i needed extra 50 sec. delay to properly initialize all GPUs (if you guys have rigs with more cards or general slow system, simple increase delay)

[Service]

Thanks for all detailed feedback and good that you found a workaround. I will look into this scenario to find a better way for Remote Agent to handle it.

Hi patrike
looks like my solution not works always(( sometimes yes, sometimes no. I have increased delay time, but this caused other problem, service stuck in "pre-start" state after rebooting.
Looks like awesome.service code must better check GPU initialization before delegate control to AwesomeMiner main program.

Regards.
Thanks for letting me know. I will investigate how to resolve this in a good way.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2019, 12:28:25 AM

Hi,

any sugesstions about RX580 8GB how can i overclock it? i have premium version,for example my clocks are 1145 at clock and 2100 for mem but when i try to overclock them they show me max 2000 Mhz at mem how that;s possible? i'm using 18,4 on Ubuntu 16.4

Hi,
Could you please send me the log file for Awesome Miner Remote Agent?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2019, 12:29:43 AM

@patrike - Can you add an option to show number coins per day in addition to dollar value in Coin column? Will make it much easier to compare with actual pool earnings, as dollar value goes up and down. Thanks.
If you enable the "Information" column, you will be able to select to include "Coins Per Day". See the toolbar Appearance -> Information column.

narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1749
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 01:53:58 AM

[Service]

Hi patrike

Regards.
Thanks for letting me know. I will investigate how to resolve this in a good way.
looks like AwesomeMiner wrong identify a GPUs PCI_BUS_ID after rebooting linux. Maybe AM used old stored data.
if i try for example manualy change fan speed on selected card 7, awesome change randomly on other card. If i select all GPUs and try to set fan or power, changes only applied on first 4 of 8 cards. This simply dangerous how awesome.service manage GPUs overclocking.
I wont use Linux due correct GPU VRAM management, but looks like i must try using Win7 instead of Win10. Windows 10 is simply theft 20% of GPU memory for nothing (due new model of driver platform) https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Lync/en-US/15b9654e-5da7-45b7-93de-e8b63faef064/windows-10-does-not-let-cuda-applications-to-use-all-vram-on-especially-secondary-graphics-cards?forum=win10itprohardware
but for Linux is not so many mining software as for windows at the moment.

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
trucobit

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 05:01:58 PM

In general it's not good to accept broken certificates for HTTPS, but in this case it's not any sensitive data. This specific site forces HTTPS, but then doesn't have a valid certificate. Today, Awesome Miner will reject it and your web browser will prompt you if you want to load the page.

It's a very quick change for me to make to allow you to load data from thei site - so you can expect it in the next version.

Thank you very much patrike for taking into account my two requests, always to improve the product.

I wish you all a happy 2020 full of coins and blocks.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2020, 06:06:34 PM

[Service]

Hi patrike

Regards.
looks like AwesomeMiner wrong identify a GPUs PCI_BUS_ID after rebooting linux. Maybe AM used old stored data.
if i try for example manualy change fan speed on selected card 7, awesome change randomly on other card. If i select all GPUs and try to set fan or power, changes only applied on first 4 of 8 cards. This simply dangerous how awesome.service manage GPUs overclocking.
I wont use Linux due correct GPU VRAM management, but looks like i must try using Win7 instead of Win10. Windows 10 is simply theft 20% of GPU memory for nothing (due new model of driver platform) https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Lync/en-US/15b9654e-5da7-45b7-93de-e8b63faef064/windows-10-does-not-let-cuda-applications-to-use-all-vram-on-especially-secondary-graphics-cards?forum=win10itprohardware
but for Linux is not so many mining software as for windows at the moment.
Is this on a 8 x 2080ti system?
If you run into this again, it would be interesting to know what the output of nvidia-smi looks like for these scenarios.
Code:
nvidia-smi --query-gpu=name,pci.bus,index,power.limit,power.min_limit,power.max_limit,power.default_limit,clocks.max.sm,clocks.max.memory --format=csv

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2020, 06:07:31 PM

I would like to wish everyone all the best for 2020 and say thanks for contributing to all good discussions. Happy new year!

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2020, 06:18:38 AM

@patrike - what can i do about this issue? I have a terminus R606 that I am monitoring on AM via port 4028

but now I cannot monitor my gpu rig on AM because it wants to use the same port so it mines but AM shows it as interface offline.

If I start the gpu rig first then the terminus it then cannot monitor the terminus

so I get that they are using the same port and that is the issue - is there a way to change this?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2020, 11:33:08 AM

@patrike - what can i do about this issue? I have a terminus R606 that I am monitoring on AM via port 4028

but now I cannot monitor my gpu rig on AM because it wants to use the same port so it mines but AM shows it as interface offline.

If I start the gpu rig first then the terminus it then cannot monitor the terminus

so I get that they are using the same port and that is the issue - is there a way to change this?
Awesome Miner allocates ports from 4028 and above for Managed Miners and this is not possible to change.

Are you running a local CgMiner process (or similar) for controlling the Terminus R606 miner? Does this one support running on another port (like --api-port 4123)?

Pages: « 1 ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 [532] 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: