May 06, 2024, 04:02:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289446 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:15:34 PM

Hi spencer,
 I was wondering about new exchanges? are you still in touch with others? I imagine drkslk will be traded on polo at the beginning like slk but I'm not sure if that's the case.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 06:32:08 PM

Hi spencer,
 I was wondering about new exchanges? are you still in touch with others? I imagine drkslk will be traded on polo at the beginning like slk but I'm not sure if that's the case.

I have spoken with Poloniex and they are just awaiting the word from me for when the new Silk launches and DarkSilk. I have also spoken with Bittrex, I didn't even bother with Cryptsy.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:20:44 AM

Hi spencer,

I have spoken with Poloniex and they are just awaiting the word from me for when the new Silk launches and DarkSilk. I have also spoken with Bittrex, I didn't even bother with Cryptsy.
Ya I don't think anyone would bother with Cryptsy anymore lol But already being on Poloniex and contacting Bittrex is really good for this coin Smiley I can't wait for this swap to happen and everything to get going cause this is one of the few coins that I have good feelings about this coin for the long haul Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:27:24 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 08:13:53 AM by cisahasa

again compiling DS latest commits for native win..
can say windows is just PURE EVIL!

compile succes but, no, you must leave least one error message when compiling more deps or windows will not be happy.

OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:35:15 AM

Could you help me with a couple of questions please.

With the decentralized market, will it be possible to pay for goods using Silk or will it be DarkSilk only?

With Silk being accepted as payment for Weaver services, how will the USD to Silk rate be determined? Will it simply be based on the current Silk/BTC rate on exchanges?

Thanks.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:25:16 PM

With the decentralized market, will it be possible to pay for goods using Silk or will it be DarkSilk only?

With Silk being accepted as payment for Weaver services, how will the USD to Silk rate be determined? Will it simply be based on the current Silk/BTC rate on exchanges?

Thanks.

From my understanding the market place will be DarkSilk only. The USD to Silk rate will be determined based on the current Silk/BTC rate on exchanges. But these are not really your questions i think. The main theme underlying you questions is why consider Silk, will it be worth the risk of an investment. To this i would say yes! Whatever happens to Silk you can be sure that it won't be just an apendix. Have trust in the developers, have trust in the weaver, have trust in both of the complementary coins.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:31:59 PM

Hi spencer,

Yeah, I think no one believes in anything coming from Cryptsy anymore.
Another exchange like bittrex would be a good plus: by the way have you thought of c-cex or it is something you don't want to consider?
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 06:16:24 PM

Hi spencer,

Yeah, I think no one believes in anything coming from Cryptsy anymore.
Another exchange like bittrex would be a good plus: by the way have you thought of c-cex or it is something you don't want to consider?

I simply contacted Polo and Bittrex because firstly Silkcoin is already traded on the Polo platform and secondly I have direct contact with Bill from Bittrex. I don't feel there should be a limit to the exchanges it is available to be traded from, however, I would advise user discretion when it comes to certain exchanges.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:01:48 PM

Thanks.

From my understanding the market place will be DarkSilk only. The USD to Silk rate will be determined based on the current Silk/BTC rate on exchanges. But these are not really your questions i think. The main theme underlying you questions is why consider Silk, will it be worth the risk of an investment. To this i would say yes! Whatever happens to Silk you can be sure that it won't be just an apendix. Have trust in the developers, have trust in the weaver, have trust in both of the complementary coins.

Thanks. You're right in a way, but it's not that I'm considering investing. I had some originally and invested in more when Spencer first began posting as SCDeveloper and was saying things like:
DarkSilk is an entirely new coin with the opportunity for Silkcoin investors to buy in below the market price upon launch and continuously throughout its existence.

However, if the USD to Silk rate is determined by the rate on exchanges then Silk investors pay the exact same as everyone else. That's fine, it's obviously their prerogative to go back on that, but it almost feels like a cruel joke that the Silkcoin thread's been used as a de factor prelaunch thread when practically all of the development work and exciting new features are going into DarkSilk.

My point is, aside from at least giving us a functional chain by cloning BLK, nothing being proposed gives anyone an incentive to invest in Silk itself, nor gives it any more value. If you get the same rates for Weaver services with BTC as Silk, why bother with Silk? It feels a bit like this has just been glossed over. Is Silk only being included as a token gesture or in order to fulfill some past commitment? Or is it as Orestes believes, after you've finished with all those exciting new features for DarkSilk and DarkSilk's tesing and DarkSilk's launch will Silk be further developed?

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 11:33:27 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 11:50:15 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

Thanks.

Thanks. You're right in a way, but it's not that I'm considering investing. I had some originally and invested in more when Spencer first began posting as SCDeveloper and was saying things like:
DarkSilk is an entirely new coin with the opportunity for Silkcoin investors to buy in below the market price upon launch and continuously throughout its existence.

However, if the USD to Silk rate is determined by the rate on exchanges then Silk investors pay the exact same as everyone else. That's fine, it's obviously their prerogative to go back on that, but it almost feels like a cruel joke that the Silkcoin thread's been used as a de factor prelaunch thread when practically all of the development work and exciting new features are going into DarkSilk.

My point is, aside from at least giving us a functional chain by cloning BLK, nothing being proposed gives anyone an incentive to invest in Silk itself, nor gives it any more value. If you get the same rates for Weaver services with BTC as Silk, why bother with Silk? It feels a bit like this has just been glossed over. Is Silk only being included as a token gesture or in order to fulfill some past commitment? Or is it as Orestes believes, after you've finished with all those exciting new features for DarkSilk and DarkSilk's tesing and DarkSilk's launch will Silk be further developed?

My last commit to Silk was three days ago. Watch-Only, MultiSig Addresses, CheckLockTimeVerify and more. The new Silk is not just a send and receive coin.

But obviously it is hidden snuggly away in a sand dune where no prying eyes can fork it Cheesy

Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver are integral to each other. The system itself is almost like a feedback loop, self perpetuating. A lot of thought has gone into this.

On top of that and the foundation of code we will be begin with, the growth, development, direction and improvements to Silk and DarkSilk will be continual.

There is also no reason why we cannot sell DarkSilk at a better rate for SILK than for BTC in the crowdsale.

My personal feeling towards Silkcoin is that it needs an honest and public team behind it, with the same direction and purpose in their work. It has had a dubious past and it is time to clean that up. Since MintPal, the original developers, The Silk Road Marketplace and Ross Ulbrichts imprisonment, the name Silkcoin has been linked synonymously with illegal operations, scams, dumps, mistrust and misdirection.

Those times are over.
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:58:55 PM

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 08:10:00 PM

Error with txleveldb on start. A commit broke it. We are thinking its pubkey.cpp and the Ckey changes and should just be key. We are going to make the changes and test.
cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:24:08 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 02:35:09 PM by cisahasa

Error with txleveldb on start. A commit broke it. We are thinking its pubkey.cpp and the Ckey changes and should just be key. We are going to make the changes and test.

this is one i was going to point out, caused client crash.
lets try if you located it right.
lets compile again..

edit: looking better(native win wallet), send was a success, no crash, debug is normal;(still some errors..), cpu usage 1% when staking&pow mining, mem 80-110mb
old wallet.dat did not work with latest client, so i just created new one.

db error is caused sometimes by client not to close properly, it keeps hanging in the backround.(must terminate manually)

im going to move thinking about what is wrong with win compile when new algos.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 06:24:51 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 08:51:26 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

this is one i was going to point out, caused client crash.
lets try if you located it right.
lets compile again..

edit: looking better(native win wallet), send was a success, no crash, debug is normal;(still some errors..), cpu usage 1% when staking&pow mining, mem 80-110mb
old wallet.dat did not work with latest client, so i just created new one.

db error is caused sometimes by client not to close properly, it keeps hanging in the backround.(must terminate manually)

im going to move thinking about what is wrong with win compile when new algos.

SILK has the Multi-Sig GUI to have added. Watch-Only Address GUI is working but has a couple of small bugs to iron out. Also with the marketplace in DarkSilk, payments for goods will be accepted in SILK as well as DRKSLK.

cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:21:10 PM

i wasnt able to add Watch-Only, but it was before tons of new commits.
have not tested lately.

but the coin is starting to be alive!

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 10:55:29 AM

i wasnt able to add Watch-Only, but it was before tons of new commits.
have not tested lately.

but the coin is starting to be alive!

I have merged the Net branch with Master which updates sockets etc. and adds whitelisting for nodes.
yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:15:39 PM

Thanks.

My last commit to Silk was three days ago. Watch-Only, MultiSig Addresses, CheckLockTimeVerify and more. The new Silk is not just a send and receive coin.

But obviously it is hidden snuggly away in a sand dune where no prying eyes can fork it Cheesy

Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver are integral to each other. The system itself is almost like a feedback loop, self perpetuating. A lot of thought has gone into this.

On top of that and the foundation of code we will be begin with, the growth, development, direction and improvements to Silk and DarkSilk will be continual.

There is also no reason why we cannot sell DarkSilk at a better rate for SILK than for BTC in the crowdsale...

Also with the marketplace in DarkSilk, payments for goods will be accepted in SILK as well as DRKSLK.

If not a better rate SLK for DRKSLK in crowdsale maybe we can do an "introductory rate" for a limited time in the Weaver?

cisahasa
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:35:37 AM

Thanks.

There is also no reason why we cannot sell DarkSilk at a better rate for SILK than for BTC in the crowdsale...

Also with the marketplace in DarkSilk, payments for goods will be accepted in SILK as well as DRKSLK.

If not a better rate SLK for DRKSLK in crowdsale maybe we can do an "introductory rate" for a limited time in the Weaver?

i think this will lead upto a mess.
buy cheap, sell low-->loop
deleted idea, and post.

Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 07:31:26 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2016, 08:41:19 AM by Orestes

Thanks.

i think this will lead upto a mess.
buy cheap, sell low-->loop
deleted idea, and post.

I also think we need to keep things simple. Let SLK be SLK and DRKSLK be DRKSLK no need to hybridize. That the community has some uncertainty about SLK is understandable but it should not determine decision making. To accept SLK in the marketplace to me is already a stretch because a product needs to be based on a single value, then through an exchange rate it could be expressed in another.

Its like paying in USD in a EUR market, or bringing assets to pay for goods instead of money. Sure it removes the need to swap on an external location and it will tie the coins closer together but at the same time you get more of the same and might lose distinguishness. Maybe we end up with totally different price patterns, that way the marketplace might get really confusing. Whats the price in SLK or DRKSLK? Can I find an economic advantage? From a user's perspective things will be less clear.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 12:25:28 PM

Forgot to show the Multisig GUI in DarkSilk too.

Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: