Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:23:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Religion  (Read 2759 times)
sklonenaulitka

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:20:28 PM

Religion has never been philosophy or science, at any time in history, and has never produced any thing of worth. I know they love to take credit for good men's achievement's just because they were required to be church members (or killed), and I understand this is why the public believe's it to be connected with science and philosophy at one time, but, as I have demonstrated in this post, that is a falsehood greedily spread by the church.

Yeah, 100% correct!

Look up Galileo and what the church did to him.

Those who use the terms "Bitcoin" and "religion" in the same breath are acting like Bronze Age primitives.

No. It's not 100% correct, it's absolutely incorrect. If you know nothing about philposophy - don't discourse about it.
And i want to know, what the church did to Galileo?

I'm sorry but is your knowledge of history really that dismal?

Take few minutes out of your obviously drab and wretched life and learn a little, mkay?

Go here and read!:

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/galileo/galileoaccount.html

Try it; you might like it!

I have finished philosophy department in my university. I tall you about religion and philosophy, answering on phrase "Religion has never been philosophy" and "it's 100 correct". What do you know about philosophy to say there are no any links?
I know history about Galileo and the Church, but they didnt done to him nothing horrify, unlike Giordano Bruno=)

So that makes the suppression of knowledge and learning by the church OK?

Apologist!

I have asked you, what do you know about philosophy? I should enumerate for all list of religious philosophers? It's not enough for you that almost all philosophers from 3-rd cent. till 19 were religious?

I am not apologist. I don't like church and religion, i don't believe in god, but your phrases are often incorrect.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:22:04 PM

Belief in religion is a mental disorder.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 02:23:45 PM

Religion has never been philosophy or science, at any time in history, and has never produced any thing of worth. I know they love to take credit for good men's achievement's just because they were required to be church members (or killed), and I understand this is why the public believe's it to be connected with science and philosophy at one time, but, as I have demonstrated in this post, that is a falsehood greedily spread by the church.

Yeah, 100% correct!

Those who use the terms "Bitcoin" and "religion" in the same breath are acting like Bronze Age primitives.

No. It's not 100% correct, it's absolutely incorrect. If you know nothing about philposophy - don't discourse about it.

Take few minutes out of your obviously drab and wretched life and learn a little, mkay?

Go here and read!:

I have finished philosophy department in my university. I tall you about religion and philosophy, answering on phrase "Religion has never been philosophy" and "it's 100 correct". What do you know about philosophy to say there are no any links?
I know history about Galileo and the Church, but they didnt done to him nothing horrify, unlike Giordano Bruno=)

Apologist!

I have asked you, what do you know about philosophy? I should enumerate for all list of religious philosophers? It's not enough for you that almost all philosophers from 3-rd cent. till 19 were religious?

I am not apologist. I don't like church and religion, i don't believe in god, but your phrases are often incorrect.

As a matter of fact, I did know that.

I also consider "philosphy" to be merely mental masturbation and a general waste of time.

Corporations For Crypto
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:35:27 PM

Someone needs to start "SoulBay" as a place to sell your soul for bitcoins.  Grin

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:42:07 PM

Someone needs to start "SoulBay" as a place to sell your soul for bitcoins.  Grin
Lending subforum fine as is.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:41:13 PM

How do we know there is a "soul"?

Corporations For Crypto
sklonenaulitka

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:28:32 PM

Yeah, 100% correct!

Go here and read!:

Apologist!

As a matter of fact, I did know that.

I also consider "philosphy" to be merely mental masturbation and a general waste of time.

Curiously enough, but I think that it is waste of time too. But it's silly to claim a lack of philosophy's influence on science and culture. As a religion on philosophy.

And one more time. It's too off-topic theme.
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:57:36 PM

Dude, you need different friends.
This made me laugh  Cheesy indeed religion shouldn't be an obstacle to Bitcoin, i believe the opposite thing: thanks to Bitcoin donations, charity and religion investments should be easier...
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:00:54 PM

The same way we know there is a "bitcoin." Bitcoin uses a published blockchain. The notion of a soul is published in religious doctrine.

Another way to look at it as a store of value. Ask some people what they would sell their bitcoin for and they will answer in dollars. Ask them what they would sell their soul for and few would do it for any price. Some people might even be willing to trade for them.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:15:28 PM

If the soul is not proven to exist using the scientific method, then I have no reasons to believe it exists. (And no, religion doctrines don't follow the scientific method)

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 05:47:55 PM

The same way we know there is a "bitcoin." Bitcoin uses a published blockchain. The notion of a soul is published in religious doctrine.

Another way to look at it as a store of value. Ask some people what they would sell their bitcoin for and they will answer in dollars. Ask them what they would sell their soul for and few would do it for any price. Some people might even be willing to trade for them.

"Religious Doctrine"!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Corporations For Crypto
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:04:15 PM

Belief in Government is the grandest mental disorder, and the most dangerous religious sect ever created.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 06:05:39 PM

Belief in Government is the grandest mental disorder, and the most dangerous religious sect ever created.

Exactly and that is why those who advocate for "regulation" of bitcoin by government should be avoided like the plague!

Corporations For Crypto
Nerazzura

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:09:32 PM

I was having a general discussion with friends regarding the Bitcoin Jesus fella who just recently launched his Passports for Bitcoin service for the rich folks. Let's say if there was someone who claimed himself to be Bitcoin Muhammad of the Muslim world. Do you think it would make the Muslim community furious and rage and most likely try to attack the Bitcoin network? We all know how easy it is to piss off Islamic extremists. Just a thought.
stop mixing religion with bitcoin affairs, friend. and do not look at Islam from a handful of people who do evil to bring the name of Islam. Islam is a peaceful religion, we respect other religions. and mercy for all of nature. however, for things divine we have some limits. I guess your religion was so Smiley

There are things I respect about Islam, their stance against the degradation and corruption that usury brings a society and I acknowledge that most muslims are ethical and hardworking people, but stop spreading the lie that Islam is a religion of Peace.

You can fool a bunch of timid politically correct liberals with that lie but anyone who has done some research into the origins and history of Islam and bothered to read the Qur'an and Hadith as I have knows that it definitely isn't a religion of peace but an intolerant one that has a history of conquest and violence and commands followers to kill many of my friends who have left its teachings.

P.s.... cherry picking passages about mercy only shows that you aren't willing to take the writings in context and leads to further questions about hypocrisy and inconsistency. I do not need to read these books in the original language either as a good translation does suffice. 
I understand why you say that, because you only see from the outside only sis. As for the evils of Islam that often you hear, it's not his religion but those who embraced Islam is a controversial issue that does not understand his own religion. they only take half-measures. and we are willing to die for our religion Islam is not for people Smiley
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 07:28:25 PM

I was having a general discussion with friends regarding the Bitcoin Jesus fella who just recently launched his Passports for Bitcoin service for the rich folks. Let's say if there was someone who claimed himself to be Bitcoin Muhammad of the Muslim world. Do you think it would make the Muslim community furious and rage and most likely try to attack the Bitcoin network? We all know how easy it is to piss off Islamic extremists. Just a thought.
stop mixing religion with bitcoin affairs, friend. and do not look at Islam from a handful of people who do evil to bring the name of Islam. Islam is a peaceful religion, we respect other religions. and mercy for all of nature. however, for things divine we have some limits. I guess your religion was so Smiley

There are things I respect about Islam, their stance against the degradation and corruption that usury brings a society and I acknowledge that most muslims are ethical and hardworking people, but stop spreading the lie that Islam is a religion of Peace.

You can fool a bunch of timid politically correct liberals with that lie but anyone who has done some research into the origins and history of Islam and bothered to read the Qur'an and Hadith as I have knows that it definitely isn't a religion of peace but an intolerant one that has a history of conquest and violence and commands followers to kill many of my friends who have left its teachings.

P.s.... cherry picking passages about mercy only shows that you aren't willing to take the writings in context and leads to further questions about hypocrisy and inconsistency. I do not need to read these books in the original language either as a good translation does suffice. 
I understand why you say that, because you only see from the outside only sis. As for the evils of Islam that often you hear, it's not his religion but those who embraced Islam is a controversial issue that does not understand his own religion. they only take half-measures. and we are willing to die for our religion Islam is not for people Smiley

Dying for any religion is lunacy on wheels.

Corporations For Crypto
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:17:51 AM

All I know is I want Denny's I mean Lenny's

i am here.
luttelcoin

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:34:59 PM

What is going on...
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:39:50 PM

What is going on...

Fanatical, fundmentalist "relious philosphers" are trying their level best to tie Bitcoin and crypto as a whole into existing religions or create a new religion built around Bitcoin and crypto.

They want you to open your minds enough for your brains can fall out, suspend critical thinking and thereby submit control of Bitcoin and crypto in general, to THEM, just as the priest, "fathers", "reverends", and other self-appointed "holy men" have done throughout the centuries.

Corporations For Crypto
WtwkG

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:27:00 PM

If Scientology can get away with their scam, anyone can. Fire it up and I'll see you at the next Bitcoin mass!
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 02:28:29 PM

Well, maybe the non-superstitous Bitcoin users and users of other crypto should turn the table on the superstitious religious ones and burn a few of them at the stake.

They might then get the point!

Corporations For Crypto
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: