Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:25:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMT] Metacoin | First escrow currency | Read the paper  (Read 12505 times)
metap2pool (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:08:13 PM

Because I liked this coin and wanted to pursue its development and also the other committed developers agreed with me.
Starting a new coin would have just give a momentum for one or two weeks, and then people would have left for a new altcoin... This is how things works in this space. As we're in a long term project, it doesn't matter whether starting a new coin or not: this coin is cheap, available and the hashrate is currently low... so it's the best combination for everyone (either trader or miner) to join now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
metap2pool (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:46:23 PM

We launched a public/private repository to host projects and code public site

The repository currently host former metacoin code, now renamed metacoin-core. Devs are now working on updating the code to catch up with bitcoin 0.9 and also adding zerocoin feature to metacoin. I'll follow with a detailed roadmap as soon as I get it.

On my side, I'm dealing with forum softwares (install, config and customization) so we can add a forum to the official website.

We are still looking for enthusiasts pool operators to bring metacoin to more people.

slabhatnik

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:24:23 PM

Website Link not working. 
metap2pool (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:44:37 PM

Sorry it seems that there is some issues with the server provider. We are working to fix this.
metap2pool (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:14:27 PM

A new paper published by one of the developers.
http://gitlab.metacoinproject.org/metacoin/papers/raw/master/openclear.pdf

metap2pool (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:41:01 PM

Forum launched at http://talk.metacoinproject.org/
I'm writing posts explaining the goal of the metacoin project. We're still working to bring the official website back...
Devs won't answer on bitcointalk because of privacy concerns. So if you want to ask details or anything directly to the devs, do it on the official forum.

PS: difficulty on the network is slowly rising. Don't miss your chance to be part of something big!!
Dispaced

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:46:58 PM

Will this [Suspicious link removed]nto any exchanges ?
WTF ^^

Will this crypto[Suspicious link removed]n any exchanges
metap2pool (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:41:30 AM

Yes! It will be traded to an exchange. I'm currently discussing with some exchange operators. We should get a major exchange by the end of the month
shadowduck

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:08:08 AM

It's too early to be listed in exchange.
because currently it's simple another alt coin without any innovation.
If listed, it will hurt public impression
thus jeopardize long term reputation.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
metap2pool (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:04:49 PM

Yes I understand what you mean but people need to now that they won't get stuck with a bunch worthless coins. Also being on exchange makes the coin available to more potential stakeholders. So It's a good thing to be publicly traded. I think we should manage to get exchange at the same time we release the alpha version of metacoinv2 (on testnet).

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:25:30 AM

Just thought I'd pop to see how things were going here.  Been quiet for several days.

Where everyone be at?
cawson

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:03:53 PM

Hey all.  It seems that meta2pool decided to not work on metacoin
and i have been thinking to revive it.

I will have a lot of free time starting Wednesday next week ( way too much was going on for me to continue it earlier )

My problem at the moment is that i recently re-downloaded the client and the super node up is no longer up.

I think the hashrate of the coin was something like 1mhs since i abandoned it

I noticed that zcoins.org is the only pool still mining this coin but adding them as a node is not syncing the wallet.

If anyone has a connection to the coin please let me know.

Since the quark-algo is kind of lame these days i'm thinking i could work on converting to x11 or something like that

Though I'm not the greatest coder and am unfamiliar with a lot of that kind of stuff with cryptocoding

I plan to work with others

If I can get the wallet to sync soon I will have a decent amount of coins in my old wallet which i mined on one of my alt miners.

I plan to use this for development and giveaways.

I don't like being greedy and it seems to plague a lot of the alt-coins

If i cannot get the coin at its current state i could relaunch it as a new coin.

If i can, i could plan on a lot.

Usecryptos took off the coin since most likely the wallet wasnt syncing or the low volume

I was bored tonight so i decided to mess with the QT form files, it's a work in progress but i wanted to style the wallet it looks like this (for now)

This probably isnt too important compared other things to work on with a coin but i thought i'd share
jperkins

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:23:42 AM

Hey all.  It seems that meta2pool decided to not work on metacoin
and i have been thinking to revive it.

I will have a lot of free time starting Wednesday next week ( way too much was going on for me to continue it earlier )

My problem at the moment is that i recently re-downloaded the client and the super node up is no longer up.

I think the hashrate of the coin was something like 1mhs since i abandoned it

I noticed that zcoins.org is the only pool still mining this coin but adding them as a node is not syncing the wallet.

If anyone has a connection to the coin please let me know.

Since the quark-algo is kind of lame these days i'm thinking i could work on converting to x11 or something like that

Though I'm not the greatest coder and am unfamiliar with a lot of that kind of stuff with cryptocoding

I plan to work with others

If I can get the wallet to sync soon I will have a decent amount of coins in my old wallet which i mined on one of my alt miners.

I plan to use this for development and giveaways.

I don't like being greedy and it seems to plague a lot of the alt-coins

If i cannot get the coin at its current state i could relaunch it as a new coin.

If i can, i could plan on a lot.

Usecryptos took off the coin since most likely the wallet wasnt syncing or the low volume

I was bored tonight so i decided to mess with the QT form files, it's a work in progress but i wanted to style the wallet it looks like this (for now)

This probably isnt too important compared other things to work on with a coin but i thought i'd share

Try adding these as nodes.  Should get you synced up.

person1029

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:34:32 PM

oh hey. I did not see this thread before i posted on my original thread.

I guess its being worked on, going to edit my main post unless this coin is not being worked on? a bit confused.
metap2pool (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:44:19 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 07:53:24 PM by metap2pool

oh hey. I did not see this thread before i posted on my original thread.

I guess its being worked on, going to edit my main post unless this coin is not being worked on? a bit confused.

I'm glad you're back. We can join our effort to make this coin a stellar coin.
Also, we should close one of the to thread and redirect people to the remaining one.

PS: Did you read the paper wrote by the other dev ?!
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:52:36 PM

Hi Metacoin Developers & Supporters,

We launched a new project at Coins Source and wanted you to be among the first developers to know about it. It is called the Trust Index. We've created a trustworthiness index for the crypto-currency community.

As you know, the entire field of crypto-currency has become a breeding ground for scam artists and the likes. We are trying to create a system that will help to distinguish between honest developers like you and developers that are creating coins to make a quick profit that have less than honorable intentions.

Your participation in the Trust Index will be beneficial to developers such as you that are working hard to create an entirely new technology. It will also be helpful to members of the community when they are considering coins that they want to support or to invest their time and energy.

Here is the link for the Trust Index: http://www.coinssource.com/trust/

We are just starting out with this so it will take some time to develop momentum but I think that this would be a good opportunity for MetaCoin. Obviously, your support would help to spread the word and make the scoring of more significance. Please let me know what you think and we would greatly appreciate your support.

If you have any questions:

Don't hesitate to chat with us on our site
Email me: thamed@coinssource.com

Best of luck with Metacoin,
T.k. Hamed

IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:44:02 AM

Man, I'm not sure I am liking the idea of a dev coming back that abandoned the coin in the first place!  You already left us all out to dry and wasted much time for many people, what's to stop that from happening again?!

Personally I started mining this because it was taken over by someone who seemed would be dedicated to the coin's success, we need a dev that can be counted on!
metap2pool (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:33:17 PM

IMJim, don't worry.  I'm still the lead developer of this project. But as you may imagine, additionnal innovations in this coin will require a lot of work. The former dev will work as any of the others dev. I'm still involved and even if he left again i'll be there!

And thanks for your support!
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:05:08 PM

IMJim, don't worry.  I'm still the lead developer of this project. But as you may imagine, additionnal innovations in this coin will require a lot of work. The former dev will work as any of the others dev. I'm still involved and even if he left again i'll be there!

And thanks for your support!

Cool man and thanks for the response!  I have been mining since you took over and was contemplating whether I should continue.  Guess I will keep em going:-)
cawson

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:40:56 AM

Yes I understand what you mean but people need to now that they won't get stuck with a bunch worthless coins. Also being on exchange makes the coin available to more potential stakeholders. So It's a good thing to be publicly traded. I think we should manage to get exchange at the same time we release the alpha version of metacoinv2 (on testnet).

Did any news of metacoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: