Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:53:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMT] Metacoin | First escrow currency | Read the paper  (Read 12505 times)
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:03:25 PM

any pools?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:15:25 AM

This project looks interesting.  I can't even recall it's release months ago, seems like the type of thing that would have caught my attention.  Hopefully development actually makes progress and it isn't abandoned again.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:26:12 AM

Who's concept was it that came up with this coin's proposed "decentralized clearing system", the original dev?  If so does the new dev team have the resources and ability to implement this technology in a working platform?
coolmyrig

Activity: 323

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:33:18 AM

Why not  launch a new coin and gain more support?  Cheesy
sixteendigits

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:24:48 AM

IMJim, don't worry.  I'm still the lead developer of this project. But as you may imagine, additionnal innovations in this coin will require a lot of work. The former dev will work as any of the others dev. I'm still involved and even if he left again i'll be there!

And thanks for your support!

So is this Alexander Ore working on the project?  Did he ever work on the project or is this just some guy who had a cool idea, made up a whitepaper, threw it up on the internet and you decided to try to implement it?

I'm not really a coding guy but I glanced over the source and didn't notice anything that jumped out at me.  Is any of this stuff currently implemented in the code, or is it all still just a work in progress?

I am reading the whitepaper at the moment and this was clearly done by someone who is technologically proficient.  The majority of the whitepapers I see by these scam coins are laughable, this is definitely in a different league.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:36:28 AM

Yeah, I felt the same reading the white paper myself.......hadn't read before you posted earlier.  Got me curious enough to ask more about it.

Forgot to mention Dev......I am sure you are aware, but in case you are not.....the wallet seems to take quite some time to fully open on 2 different computers I have.  One of them is empty too so not an issue with over sized wallet.  Something to maybe look at in the next wallet upgrade.  Have not noticed any problems once opened though.
cawson

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:16:27 PM

met will be a great coin .
 Grin
metap2pool (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:35:24 PM

Thanks everyone for your support.

Alex is one of the devs involved in this project. I've to admit that I don't know him personally and I also can't grab him anytime I want but I trust him and I admire his work. He says he has started to write a working implementation of his paper so I'll ask him for a detailed roadmap.

Currently the former dev and I are trying to upgrade metacoin basis code to bitcoin 9.2.1. I run out of time recently because of my main job taking over, but I'll get my holidays in few days so expect to see a big jump in the next weeks. I also try to create a healthy environment for the coin to succeed (website, forums, documentation, developer website, IRC...). This take time especially as it require a lot of knowledge in web development and i'm not particularly acquainted with that.

If some are interested in joining and help us (Marketing, PR, coding...), feel free to leave me message.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:55:48 PM

Well, I am grateful you took this project over man and hope it has a chance at success with you behind the wheel!  I am however really put off by the fact that we are counting on the original dev, who dropped us all like a hat, to implement the technology that sets this coin apart.  That is kinda scary as he has already proved he is extremely unreliable!!  I mean, how fast did he launch this coin and turn around and bounce?  I suspect I will not be the only one with these concerns.......really hard to have faith or trust in someone after that!

Anyways, I do hope things work out and wish the coin nothing but success!
sixteendigits

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:16:38 PM

Thanks everyone for your support.

Alex is one of the devs involved in this project. I've to admit that I don't know him personally and I also can't grab him anytime I want but I trust him and I admire his work. He says he has started to write a working implementation of his paper so I'll ask him for a detailed roadmap.

Currently the former dev and I are trying to upgrade metacoin basis code to bitcoin 9.2.1. I run out of time recently because of my main job taking over, but I'll get my holidays in few days so expect to see a big jump in the next weeks. I also try to create a healthy environment for the coin to succeed (website, forums, documentation, developer website, IRC...). This take time especially as it require a lot of knowledge in web development and i'm not particularly acquainted with that.

If some are interested in joining and help us (Marketing, PR, coding...), feel free to leave me message.

Now that this coin has finally caught my eye, I will keep tabs on development.

If you are one of the small handful watching this project, might be good to hit up Poloniex.  Bittrex would be great, but they tend to go where the money is.  Poloniex has a better track record of taking on the more obscure coins.  A great way to give a coin exposure is to simply get it on an exchange.
sixteendigits

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:37:03 PM

I sent poloniex a message asking them to take a look at the coin and consider adding it.  Hoping this poor orphan coin lost in the shuffle of last winter's alt boom actually gets developed, seems so promising.
person1029

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:44:36 AM

a Metacoin block explorer is now up
http://xmt.explorer.ssdpool.com:9079/

mac wallet is incoming soon (by tomorrow)

person1029

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:32:43 AM

mac wallet:

Download
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:20:37 AM

Any update?
What's the progress of development?

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
shadowduck

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:52:08 PM

Is this project still alive?

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
sixteendigits

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:08:32 PM

Yeah, updates would be nice.  I imagine there isn't much to update us on because if this project is still alive it is moving along at a snails pace.  At least the difficulty is low.  I'm shooting to mine 1 million and then I will sit back and see how this progresses.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

Yeah, updates would be nice.  I imagine there isn't much to update us on because if this project is still alive it is moving along at a snails pace.  At least the difficulty is low.  I'm shooting to mine 1 million and then I will sit back and see how this progresses.

HA!  I did the same thing, have been in the "sit back and see how this progresses stage" after hitting a million about 2 weeks ago.
metap2pool (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:10:30 AM

Sorry I didn't give any news earlier but yes this project is alive.

We plan to release an updated version of the client matching bitcoin 0.9.2 by the end of this week.
I still need to finish the PoW part and start testing the code before release it. Once this is released, we'll move forward to implement the paper design in the next release (0.9.9). This phase will be lead (at least in the coding part) by the guy who wrote the paper with me looking over.
shadowduck

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:43:33 AM

Sorry I didn't give any news earlier but yes this project is alive.

We plan to release an updated version of the client matching bitcoin 0.9.2 by the end of this week.
I still need to finish the PoW part and start testing the code before release it. Once this is released, we'll move forward to implement the paper design in the next release (0.9.9). This phase will be lead (at least in the coding part) by the guy who wrote the paper with me looking over.

Seems a long way to go.

The next phase is the most challenging one,
thus to see a version with the paper implemented,
we might need much longer timer,
any timeline for that?

tim14

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:58:56 PM

a Metacoin block explorer is now up
http://xmt.explorer.ssdpool.com:9079/

mac wallet is incoming soon (by tomorrow)

Can you add block explorer /mac wallet links to the OP?
Also, someone added Meta to swisscex.com for voting. Please add the link/Thanks.

https://www.swisscex.com/voting
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: