Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto Found ~ Introducing the CMG  (Read 33817 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 08:39:57 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2012, 02:06:52 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Edit: This thread was created to discuss the possibility that Donal O'Mahony, Michael Peirce, Hitesh Tewari and now Michael Clear (et al., possibly more) make up the Crypto Mano Group, referred to as CMG (mano is Irish for coin), an entity we currently label as Satoshi Nakamoto.

Now where have I seen this White Paper before? http://www.w3.org/Conferences/WWW4/Papers/228/

Under the circumstances, the task of maintaining and querying a database of spent coins is probably beyond today's state-of-the-art database systems.

A bank within the PayMe system mints coins, maintains a database of the serial numbers of coins in current circulation to prevent double spending, and manages the accounts of merchants and buyers.

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 08:51:04 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2012, 09:01:09 AM by psy

I wouldn't say Satoshi is Michael Pierce, but a group composed of him, Donal O'Mahony and likely Michael Clear himself, hence his relutance on denying 100% that he was Satoshi to The New Yorker journalist.

Does it make sense? Smiley

Priceless:
A prototype was implemented in a C++/Unix environment on a Sun workstation cluster.

C++... that sounds familiar Roll Eyes
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 10:02:10 AM

Why hasn't anybody done this yet? I searched bitcoin.com on archive.org, read what was written in 2009, then arrived at the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Payment-commerce-computer-security/dp/1580532683

Authors: Donal O'Mahony;  Michael Peirce; Hitesh Tewari.

I find it amazing that not a one of them has yet to pen a word about Bitcoin giving the book they published.

I do find this fascinating: http://www.davy.ie/Generic?page=davysnewsresearch

In the international bond and currency arena, our global strategist, Donal O' Mahony, has developed a broad-based following for his consistent and accurate commentary on macroeconomic and financial market trends.

http://65.54.113.26/Author/1718958/donal-o-mahony

Interests: Networks & Communications, Security & Privacy, Distributed & Parallel Computing

~Bruno~

http://books.google.com/books/about/Electronic_payment_systems.html?id=rCYsAQAAIAAJ

Donal OMahony holds a Ph.D. in computer science from Trinity College. Dr. O'Mahony is a lecturer in computer science at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland, and the head of a research group specializing in networking, telecommunications, and data security. He also has consulted extensively for private industry and government.

Hitesh Tewari holds an M.A. in computer science from Trinity College. Tewari is a research assistant at the college.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 01:28:12 PM

When was the white paper <http://www.w3.org/Conferences/WWW4/Papers/228/> written?  There's no date in there based on my quick skim...

Also, wasn't someone writing the book "Bitcoin Billionaire?" I thought I saw some guy on the bitcoin show talk about that a few months back...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 01:31:30 PM

I found this http://bitcoinbillionaire.blogspot.com/2011_08_01_archive.html

Is this the guy I was thinking about?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 02:08:37 PM

Why is this so important?  The code is publicly available, and algorithm is relatively easy to understand even by non-experts. That's what matters.  Satoshi obviously didn't want their identity revealed, why not let it be? 

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 02:28:53 PM

Here I was waiting for the Oliver Stone investigative movie about Bitcoin.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 02:35:40 PM

Why is this so important?  The code is publicly available, and algorithm is relatively easy to understand even by non-experts. That's what matters.  Satoshi obviously didn't want their identity revealed, why not let it be? 

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 02:41:03 PM

Agree, its not important.

When I first heard about Bitcoin I ofcourse as everyone else wanted to know who Satoshi Nakamoto was.
But I now think its best just to not find out unless he/she/it/they want to reveal themselves.
Its not even interesting. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is out now.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 06:55:34 PM

Why is this so important?  The code is publicly available, and algorithm is relatively easy to understand even by non-experts. That's what matters.  Satoshi obviously didn't want their identity revealed, why not let it be?  

I'll assume you concur that Satoshi is possibly a group oppose to one individual "he" as most normally refer to Mr. Nakamoto as.

<tin foil hat on> This is exactly what I would pen if I knew Satoshi personally and was directed to protect "his" identity, albeit I wouldn't have used the word "their" but gone with "he" to echo the general consensus. <tin foil hat off>

Putting aside who is Satoshi, let's explore who is Donal O'Mahony, Hitesh Tewari and Michael Peirce, starting with the latter.

This is a collection of links and pointers to existing payment schemes that were designed for, or are in use on, the Internet. If you know of any more, please let me know. An impressive list for sure with one notable omission.

When was the white paper <http://www.w3.org/Conferences/WWW4/Papers/228/> written?  There's no date in there based on my quick skim...

Also, wasn't someone writing the book "Bitcoin Billionaire?" I thought I saw some guy on the bitcoin show talk about that a few months back...

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=893107

Scalable Secure Cash Payment for WWW Resources with the PayMe Protocol Set.
Trinity College Dublin ©1996

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/jslttery/theo-7/sans-nothing/train-text/other/wisconsin/http:%5E%5Ewww.cs.wisc.edu%5E~cs640-1%5Es96-schedule.html

%2/16 - A. Biggs
M. Peirce, D. O'Mahony, "Scalable, Secure, Cash Payment for WWW
Resources with the PayMe Protocol Set," Fourth International World
Wide Web Conference December 1995. Boston, Massachusetts. Peirce Paper
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:59:56 PM

I disagree.  That's like saying it doesn't matter knowing who made SolidCoin.
triplehelix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 07:18:50 PM

Putting aside who is Satoshi, let's explore who is Donal O'Mahony, Hitesh Tewari and Michael Peirce, starting with the latter.

This is a collection of links and pointers to existing payment schemes that were designed for, or are in use on, the Internet. If you know of any more, please let me know. An impressive list for sure with one notable omission.

assuming the notable omission your referring to is bitcoin, it becomes a non-issue once you check the page info and see it was last modified Wednesday, September 05, 2001 3:15:34 PM.

hell, i clicked 4 links on that page, 2 didn't resolve, 1 was a place holder, and the only one of the 4 still valid was a merchant check clearing site.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 07:22:00 PM

I disagree.  That's like saying it doesn't matter knowing who made SolidCoin.

But if somebody was trying to figure out who puts a partial bottle of cognac and three roses on Poe’s grave on the night of the anniversary his birth, then I'll have to agree with niko's sentiment.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 07:24:53 PM

assuming the notable omission your referring to is bitcoin, it becomes a non-issue once you check the page info and see it was last modified Wednesday, September 05, 2001 3:15:34 PM.

hell, i clicked 4 links on that page, 2 didn't resolve, 1 was a place holder, and the only one of the 4 still valid was a merchant check clearing site.

<tin foil hat on> This Satoshi clan is slick! <tin foil hat off>
triplehelix

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 07:26:42 PM

satoshi is a master of the long play.  my respect has increased a thousand fold.

as to looking into who satoshi is, i think its just human nature to be curious about these things.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 07:29:50 PM

satoshi is a master of the long play.  my respect has increased a thousand fold.

as to looking into who satoshi is, i think its just human nature to be curious about these things.

I'll tell you what! Even if Michael Peirce had nothing to do with the creation Bitcoin, he'll be one hell of asset today.

Michael Peirce is a research student at Trinity College, where he recently received his Ph.D. in computer science on the topic of multi-party micropayments for mobile communications.

~Bruno~
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 07:31:00 PM

This is just a diversion.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 07:56:57 PM

Donal O’Mahony

Donal O’Mahony graduated with 1st class honours in Engineering from Trinity College Dublin in 1982. After a brief career in industry at the Sord Computer Systems (a Japanese microcomputer startup company) in Tokyo where he worked as a researcher on new microcomputer operating systems and at IBM in Dublin, he re-joined Trinity College as a lecturer in Computer Science in 1984. At Trinity, he built a research group working in areas such as network architectures, protocols and computer security. He is the author of two books and over 60 papers in these areas. Prof. O’Mahony is a fellow of Trinity College and was a Fulbright fellow at Stanford University in 1999. In July, 2004 he led a team to establish the Centre for Telecommunications Value-Chain Research (CTVR), a major multi-university research centre involving over 100 active researchers working closely with a network of industrial partners including Alcatel-Lucent (Bell Labs). He is now full-time director of this centre.
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 08:01:22 PM

Interesting theories.  But even if none of them are associated with Bitcoin in any way, it might be good to try and get them involved.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 08:15:07 PM

This thread is an awesome cure for insomnia.
Also, I think that Satoshi is near the Holy Grail, so whoever finds one, has the other as a bonus.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: