Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto Found ~ Introducing the CMG  (Read 33820 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 11:43:48 AM

Point him to this thread Smiley
And, it's a small world indeed...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grahamgreene

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 11:54:16 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2012, 02:46:36 PM by grahamgreene

Just read through the other thread on Satoshi Nakamoto and clicked the link to the book "Electronic Payment Systems for E-commerce"; if the picture of the author on that page is correct (which from the page here: http://65.54.113.26/Author/1718958/donal-o-mahony, it is) I'm afraid that Donal O' Mahony the author and Donal O' Mahony of Davy are two completely different people, which puts paid to the idea that Donal O' Mahony of Davy is Satoshi.

- G
grahamgreene

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 11:55:36 AM

Just saw your post now, apologies!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 11:57:30 AM

Just saw your post now, apologies!

No need for apologies.
You even replied to the "Point him to this thread" even without seeing it.
phathash

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 01:06:25 PM

Leave Satoshi alone!
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:54:55 PM

Just read through the other thread on Satoshi Nakamoto and clicked the link to the book "Electronic Payment Systems for E-commerce"; if the picture of the author on that page is correct (which from the page here: http://65.54.113.26/Author/1718958/donal-o-mahony, it is) I'm afraid that Donal O' Mahony the author and Donal O' Mahony of Davy are two completely different people! Which puts paid to the idea that Donal O' Mahony of Davy is our Satoshi, but I'll see if I can find out whether he knows about Bitcoin anyway - if he's interested, I'll see if I can get him to pay the forums here a visit and throw up a post detailing his views on Bitcoin.

- G
Is that the picture of some dentist?
http://www.swordsdental.com/img/donal.jpg

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 04:26:14 PM

Didn't you know? Satoshi cut his teeth in dentistry before taking up economics and finance.

He doesn't often pull teeth, but when he does he defangs entire financial systems.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
check_status

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:47:35 PM

I just thought it odd that the dentist and the professor look similar, carry the same name and live in the same country if not the same town.
Here is another pic of professor O'Mahony: http://people.tcd.ie/domahony
Below is one of Professor O'Mahony's documents on micropayment systems.

3.2 Purchase of a Payment Chain
A mobile user buys prepaid tokens, through their phone or terminal, from a third party broker, using an existing macropayment system. The user nominates any specific service provider (SP), called the enforcer, through whom the tokens will be spent. Service providers include both NOs and VASPs.
The broker creates tokens by repeatedly applying a one way hash function, such as the Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA) [8], to a root value PX to generate a payment hash chain. The broker commits to the hash chain, or promises to honor its value, by digitally signing the payment chain commitment (CommP), consisting of the final hash (P0), the chain length, the total value of the chain, and the identity of the enforcer through whom it must be spent:

CommP = {P0, Length, Chain_value, Enforcer}SigBroker1

The commitment shows that each payment hash value from the chain represents pre-paid value, redeemable at the broker. The value of a single payment hash is later fixed, on a per call basis, by the enforcer. This allows the same hash value to be used to pay all parties. The mobile user is given CommP and the secret PX from which the chain values can be generated.
Micropayments for Mobile Networks - .doc

If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:52:38 PM

Leave Satoshi alone!

+1

What good does it do besides providing the chance to show everyone how clever one is?

I am glad that Satoshi was not so insecure and chose to stay anonymous and allow bitcoin
to stand on its own merits.  
check_status

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 06:01:38 PM

Leave Satoshi alone!

+1

What good does it do besides providing the chance to show everyone how clever one is?

I am glad that Satoshi was not so insecure and chose to stay anonymous and allow bitcoin
to stand on its own merits.  
Do you see any irony in someone who values anonymity so much, publishes a non-anonymous digital payment system.
Also, you could say the challenge of solving this mystery is a result of its own success, providing a nice feather in the cap for the bright penny.

While Professor O'Mahony has spent time developing digital currency payment systems, the systems he has designed are much different than Bitcoin's design. The Bitcoin vision is most certainly not O'Mahony's and anonymity is not his style.

A coin in our scheme consists of a number of fields, such as the serial number, denomination, validity period and a transaction list. This transaction list comprises of a variable number of transactions items, where each transaction item is the result of a transfer of the coin between two
users in the system. A transaction item consists of n identity strings (I1, I2, ... , In). Each of these identity strings is generated, by splitting the identity of the user using the secret splitting protocol.

Schneier proposes a digital cash protocol that makes use of the above technique to encode the identity of a user.
https://www.scss.tcd.ie/publications/tech-reports/reports.98/TCD-CS-1998-27.pdf

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 06:03:45 PM

Just read through the other thread on Satoshi Nakamoto and clicked the link to the book "Electronic Payment Systems for E-commerce"; if the picture of the author on that page is correct (which from the page here: http://65.54.113.26/Author/1718958/donal-o-mahony, it is) I'm afraid that Donal O' Mahony the author and Donal O' Mahony of Davy are two completely different people! Which puts paid to the idea that Donal O' Mahony of Davy is our Satoshi, but I'll see if I can find out whether he knows about Bitcoin anyway - if he's interested, I'll see if I can get him to pay the forums here a visit and throw up a post detailing his views on Bitcoin.

- G

Now how the hell did I get these two Donals mixed up? First time I've ever made that mistake!  Wink

B. Tangney and D. O'Mahony.  Local Area Networks and their Applications. 
Prentice-Hall (UK), Hemel Hempstead, 1988. 246 pages.
5b. Japanese translation of Local Area Networks and their Applications, Kaibundo
Publishing Co., Tokyo, 1991. 298 page
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 07:23:25 PM

stop it because the end of the rainbow might be something you dont want to find.

everything is fine ... never change a running system ...

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 07:30:12 PM

stop it because the end of the rainbow might be something you dont want to find.

I don't agree.

I want Satoshi to be exposed.

I want to know who is holding onto 1.5 million BTC.

I also think others that are not invested into BTC want to know this before investing into it more heavily.

The anonymity reason is bollocks for me. You can be anonymous behind a screen name.

No need to disappear randomly and never come back though ...

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 07:44:38 PM

I don't agree.

I also think others that are not invested into BTC want to know this before investing into it more heavily.

The anonymity reason is bollocks for me. You can be anonymous behind a screen name.

Show us proof of 1.5 million BTC ANYWHERE. Do it. You can't. I'm starting to think you are nothing more than a shill for the fed that wants him exposed for some other reason. Why do I say that? Because I am pulling "facts" out of thin air, just like you are! You see what I did there?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 07:45:50 PM

I don't agree.

http://ieee-ukri.org/category/latest-news-from-ieee-uk-section/page/2/

Congratulations to Sasa Djokic, Amit Mehta, Donal O'Mahony and Patricia Scanlon, who have been elevated to Senior Member status. The criteria for elevation to Senior member status can be found in the Membership & Service section of the IEEE website. If you believe that you are eligible to apply for Senior Membership please contact Dr Adam  click here to read the full article...

http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/networks/the-worlds-first-bitcoin-conference

(just some more random facts pulled from thin air)

https://www.scss.tcd.ie/Donal.OMahony/

Donal O'Mahony graduated with first class honours in Engineering from Trinity College Dublin in 1982. His first job was with SORD Computer Corporation in Japan and Dublin. Sord was a Japanese startup company with aspirations to displace Apple as the then leader in micro-computers.

O'Mahony is a senior member of the IEEE
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 08:16:25 PM

I don't agree.

Show us proof of 1.5 million BTC ANYWHERE. Do it. You can't. I'm starting to think you are nothing more than a shill for the fed that wants him exposed for some other reason. Why do I say that? Because I am pulling "facts" out of thin air, just like you are! You see what I did there?

The blockchain started at 2009-01-01, the first public bitcoin version was released in march or april i think, so thats 3-4 months 'pre-mine' resulting in 600~800k btc. But even after it was released the community didn't begin to grow until mid 2010, so thats basicaly 1.5 years of mining of which say what? 80% went to the developer(s).

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 08:22:01 PM

I don't agree.

The blockchain started at 2009-01-01, the first public bitcoin version was released in march or april i think, so thats 3-4 months 'pre-mine' resulting in 600~800k btc. But even after it was released the community didn't begin to grow until mid 2010, so thats basicaly 1.5 years of mining of which say what? 80% went to the developer(s).

And what if the developer(s) were The MITRE Corporation?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 08:41:24 PM

And what if the developer(s) were The MITRE Corporation?

Aha, of course! Sneaky of them to have CSIS handle the "revelation" of their ASIC capability for them through that Vancouver front-corporation, eh? Only 25 available, eh? Oh yeah, sure... to the public...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
D.H.

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 09:41:02 PM

The blockchain started at 2009-01-01, the first public bitcoin version was released in march or april i think, so thats 3-4 months 'pre-mine' resulting in 600~800k btc.

The Genesis block was on January 3rd, 2009. Bitcoin v0.1 was publicly released six days later. Link.

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 11:48:05 PM

The blockchain started at 2009-01-01, the first public bitcoin version was released in march or april i think, so thats 3-4 months 'pre-mine' resulting in 600~800k btc.

The Genesis block was on January 3rd, 2009. Bitcoin v0.1 was publicly released six days later. Link.

I think that we can now agree that Satoshi Nakamoto is in fact a pseudonym representing more than one person, therefore not a single individual.

http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg09959.html

We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: