Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nanaimo Gold - Shady Business Practices???  (Read 18516 times)
eRage

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 01:47:25 AM

You're even more confusing, Nanaimo.  I googled my name about 6 different ways to find these 'goth' people and all I can find are pages about my winning a recent science competition.  Regardless, just because I don't post my name on Internet forums doesn't mean I'm some low life.  Moreover, you're 'attempt' to contact me about a financial transaction wasn't professional at all.  If you wanted to make a joke to break the ice and feel me out, I think it could be more clearly constructed.  I'm simply looking to make honest, straightforward transactions with professional people.  It's clear it is not to be found with you.

Good day, sir.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 03:55:12 AM

> Did you just craft a statement and attribute it to me?

Perhaps I did make a mistake. With all these girls yelling, I might get confused about which one shrill what statement. At any rate, the deal was postmark within one day or the quote is stale.

> You also just called one of your customers a fag and then lament "Where did all those men go?"

Well, that's crafty. Take two out-of-context quotes, glue them together and viola! Something else entirely!

And I did not call him a fag - he called himself that or similar.

nanaimogold

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:00:04 AM

> You're even more confusing, Nanaimo.  I googled my name about 6 different ways to find these 'goth' people and all I can find are pages about my winning a recent science competition. 

"More confusing" than what exactly? You say I have a poor command of the language.

Do you have a "poor command" of the Google? Do you really want me to post that Goth hate shit here? I'm determined to honor my commitment to your privacy, but if you insist, I will post the goth hatin' right here. Just tell me you insist because it's your privacy I'd breech.

I did not read through all this crap the other evening when you tricked me into working for you, I only spent a few seconds on it before moving on to write you, in private, "Hahaha. Goth." You remember that private email that you posted into public?

Now that I look again at this, it's absolutely you for sure. There is no possible way a man could forget creating this foolish stuff, so you have to be lying about it not existing. Obviously you have been playing dirty tricks on people from the safety of your computer for years already. You sure are a piece of work, what a word-wanking, lying, hateful, selfish clown you reveal yourself to be.

> Regardless, just because I don't post my name on Internet forums doesn't mean I'm some low life. 

Of course not.

What makes you some low life is that you posted obviously secret private material to the public for the sole purpose of hurting someone who never did you any harm, and with no consideration for any others who might be effected. That must be low life behavior to the privacy conscious readers of this board.

And here's a photo of you too. Goodness, you really are a fat pasty-faced obnoxious scumbag. Not an spec of testosterone in that soy-goy. I gotta say, you look just like you act.

Think hard Bobby-boob. Where did you leave this embarrassing stuff.  It comes up on the first page Google results. Shall I tell the search parameters? It's your call.

There is no excuse for what you did. You approached me with the sole intention to socially engineer me. I spent valuable time checking you out and coaching you. You rewarded my effort by blabbing my secrets.

> Moreover, you're 'attempt' to contact me about a financial transaction wasn't professional at all.  If you wanted to make a joke to break the ice and feel me out, I think it could be more clearly constructed.  I'm simply looking to make honest, straightforward transactions with professional people.  It's clear it is not to be found with you.

> Good day, sir.

Fuck you, goof.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 05:22:15 AM

You must have one heck of another business to throw away what you have here nanaimogold...
nostrum

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 02:04:46 PM

Even if your customers are lying I would never do any business with you.
I almost used your site a few weeks ago... Glad I didnt.

If you always think in categories you will miss the bigger picture.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Public GPG: 04351826
AshleyAshes
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:15:29 PM

Huh.  Nanaimo Gold raised his hard cap on the price he'll buy bitcoins for from 5 USD to 6.9 USD.  Still somewhat uncompetative but not nearly as uncompetative in the current market.

It seems he listens, even while calling people fat, faggots, and liars. Smiley
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:19:34 PM

an eye opener. really.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:43:54 PM

Huh.  Nanaimo Gold raised his hard cap on the price he'll buy bitcoins for from 5 USD to 6.9 USD.  Still somewhat uncompetative but not nearly as uncompetative in the current market.

It seems he listens, even while calling people fat, faggots, and liars. Smiley

Or he is just desperate for business after losing every client reading through this thread.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
dubbz82

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 05:37:52 PM

there are still other more viable options to sell off bitcoins....i looked into his service a while ago, and found that prices tended to be considerably lower than other buyers...I can't say I've ever dealt with him directly, so I'm not gonna slam him or say he's a good buisnessman...however I have looked at this thread, and it seems that there is a fair amount of complaints going on....if people don't like what he's got on the table, then don't deal with him, simple as that.
NghtRppr

Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 05:48:16 PM

I'm sorry to see all this hostility. If anyone is looking for polite and friendly cash-by-mail exchanges please check out my service.
Clipse

Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 08:31:18 PM

there are still other more viable options to sell off bitcoins....i looked into his service a while ago, and found that prices tended to be considerably lower than other buyers...I can't say I've ever dealt with him directly, so I'm not gonna slam him or say he's a good buisnessman...however I have looked at this thread, and it seems that there is a fair amount of complaints going on....if people don't like what he's got on the table, then don't deal with him, simple as that.

My biggest gripe reading through this thread is the way he responded via email and in this thread, if he doesnt want customers so be it but he is open for business and treats the customer as allways wrong.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 04:43:32 AM

The guy is a bloody idiot.

logitech3

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:35:02 PM

logitech3, I take exception to this. You've decided you know where my mail is(n't). That's really self-sacrificing, but even I didn't go that far.

"Self-sacrificing"? .... What?

All I was saying is that the letter I sent seems to not have yet arrived, and since we both sent it around a similar time frame maybe both of ours are caught up in the same "snag". There could be numerous reasons for this, but I don't suspect Nanaimo of pocketing my money, and I surely don't believe he'd pocket your measly $15 CAD when he's dealt with far larger sums and proven to be reliable.

As for the rest of the banter in this thread- I don't care how much Nanaimo insults your sexuality or whatever the hell as long as he's still processing orders. He made it clear this isn't his full time job, so I doubt he cares all that much about the people on this board whining about his level of "customer service".

He might have been a little too offensive in his replies but Nanaimo provides a service, it's not his full time job, and it's not his job to please every single person who is irate over the bitcoin fluctuations.
AshleyAshes
Copper Member

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 07:06:48 PM

Nanaimo provides a service

Considdering he no longer pays cash for bitcoins, only Liberty Reserve and HD-Money, I'd say he really doesn't provide much of a service at all now.  Well, at least in terms of what's relevent to this forum.  Since he'll still take cash and sell, I'd call it half a service.

Then there's the poor maintaince of his website, for example his FAQ still says he accepts Pay-Pal when he infact doesn't.  That indicates a lack of concern for having accurate information on his website.

Ontop of that, there's this whole 'bank account' issue.  Namely, Nanaimo Gold doesn't seem to have one and needs to rely on 'some guy' named 'Demi' who is mentioned without any additional context beyond that, to cash a large money order.  This and other comments by Nanaimo Gold lean towards an indication that Nanaimo Gold has financial issues of some kind.
logitech3

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 07:36:32 PM

Nanaimo provides a service

Considdering he no longer pays cash for bitcoins, only Liberty Reserve and HD-Money, I'd say he really doesn't provide much of a service at all now.  Well, at least in terms of what's relevent to this forum.  Since he'll still take cash and sell, I'd call it half a service.

Then there's the poor maintaince of his website, for example his FAQ still says he accepts Pay-Pal when he infact doesn't.  That indicates a lack of concern for having accurate information on his website.

Ontop of that, there's this whole 'bank account' issue.  Namely, Nanaimo Gold doesn't seem to have one and needs to rely on 'some guy' named 'Demi' who is mentioned without any additional context beyond that, to cash a large money order.  This and other comments by Nanaimo Gold lean towards an indication that Nanaimo Gold has financial issues of some kind.

Again, this is probably something he does on the side.

I run a game server in my free time. To the people who play on that server the game is almost everything to them, but to me, it's a hobby. So when something messes up or the server crashes there are always a number of people who whine and bitch and complain about me, but the fact of the matter is it's my hobby, not my life, and if they don't like it they can play somewhere else. I suspect Nanaimo has a similar attitude towards nanaimogold.com, although I doubt it's his hobby.

Discussing the way he does his transactions is very poor form, why bring that up other than to belittle? Service, half-service, whatever it is, it's his decision to run it how he wants and if people don't like it they can use another service. Poor "maintenance", poor "customer service", possible "financial problems"... none of that equals "shady" in any way and none of it is anyone's business but his. Once people's money starts disappearing left and right then we can start talking about "shady business practices", but until then the way he runs his business is his choice.
AshleyAshes
Copper Member

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 12:01:03 AM

Again, this is probably something he does on the side.

I run a game server in my free time. To the people who play on that server the game is almost everything to them, but to me, it's a hobby. So when something messes up or the server crashes there are always a number of people who whine and bitch and complain about me, but the fact of the matter is it's my hobby, not my life, and if they don't like it they can play somewhere else. I suspect Nanaimo has a similar attitude towards nanaimogold.com, although I doubt it's his hobby.

I don't understand your use of this comparison, namely because your hobby of a video game server, does not involve you handling other peoples money.  The expectations and responsibilities are something entirely different between a video game server and running a financial service.  Reguardless of how 'serious' you are about it, your responsibility with other peoples money remains the same weather it's a hobby or you're a professional.  And it always is other peoples money.  People have to give him cash or bitcoins first and hope that he keeps up the other side of the deal.  This puts the customer at signifigant risk, sellers who, if they are putting themselves at risk of being ripped off, deserve as much information as possible to help them decide weather or not they should carry out that transaction.

Discussing the way he does his transactions is very poor form, why bring that up other than to belittle? Service, half-service, whatever it is, it's his decision to run it how he wants and if people don't like it they can use another service. Poor "maintenance", poor "customer service", possible "financial problems"... none of that equals "shady" in any way and none of it is anyone's business but his. Once people's money starts disappearing left and right then we can start talking about "shady business practices", but until then the way he runs his business is his choice.

I'm giving my opinions on a buisness, if the buisness shows signs of signifigant issues in being reliable, honest, professional, or anything else you'd expect, I'm entitled to express it.  More over, unlike Nanaimo Gold, I can be civil about it.  There are also plenty of professional steps that a buisness can take to address criticism, calm concerns, and demonstrate that they are responsible and serious.  These are all the things that Nanaimo Gold has not done.  If people are going to be trusting Nanaimo Gold in a finanical transaction, the effort into the site, customer service, and weather Nanaimo Gold is even financially viable is an important set of information to considder.
logitech3

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:18:55 PM

I agree, all of those things are important aspects to consider in the judgment of a business, but my point was that it's not significant enough for Nanaimo to worry about since, again, this seems to be more of a side thing for him; and because he is currently, and probably will continue, to get business from others that don't give two shits about a lot of the things you're addressing so long as Nanaimo continues to process transactions like he has been.

What it comes down to is one group of people who will nitpick over every small detail and post their views publicly, and the (larger?) group of people who just want a fast transaction with minimal hassle which, mail problems aside, Nanaimo has shown to excel at.

I'll just stop replying at this point because I feel like I'm making too many assumptions on Nanaimo's part, but I felt I should give my opinion as a consumer who feels opposite from what many seem to feel in this thread.
KedP

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 11:53:45 PM

people in Nanaimo are fucking crazy

that place is a loony asylum

I would know, I used to live there. There are some really shady gold traders in Nanaimo although NanaimoGold doesn't seem overtly scammerish.

I've met several small businessmen in Nanaimo very happy to scam though. May explain NanaimoGold's paranoia.
nanaimogold

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:38:55 AM

Sometimes it take a while for the truth to come to light so please excuse me for resurrecting this old thread.

Because I have a good relationship with Western Union, the loss prevention officer I have been dealing with let me know what a good job I have been doing in stopping the fraud that carders attempt online with stolen numbers. Unlike many exchangers who accept WU, I can always do so using my own real name (or my partner Demitri) and do not have to hire strippers or crackheads to pick up the money for me.

The OP, the guy who started this thread was doing just that. He was attempting to defraud WU by cashing out a stolen credit card through my exchange service. My old and tested fraud prevention policy stymied him. He authored this bullshit thread in retalliation.

There was no possible way for him to set the Q&A as I stipulate in my instructions. He was lying when he said he did so because it's not possibile to do so when making an online payment.

I hope that readers of this thread get a glimps into how difficult it is to operate a service to exchange people in and out of digital currency.

runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

I have never had an issue with Nanaimo Gold. the few transactions I have done with them have been flawless. I will keep doing business with them.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: