Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:28:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RescueCoin][RSCC] Think Different! Help People! ~ Now on C-CEX ! ~  (Read 26651 times)
rescuecointeam (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:57:20 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 09:52:05 PM by rescuecointeam

http://rescuecoin.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/logo1.png

Updates
08/31/2014 : 55,555 Pre-Mined Coins will be sold for the September Donation. You can find a detailed description here.

Social:

Official website : http://rescuecoin.org
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rescuecoin
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Rescuecoin/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rescuecoin
2nd Forum: https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/1961-rescuecoin-rscc/

Faucet:

http://cryptoarrow.com/faucets/rescuecoin/

What is RescueCoin?

RescueCoin is a cryptographic currency, similar to Bitcoin and Litecoin, with one major difference which was launched on the 15.07.2014 06:00 P.M. UTC/GMT

What is different?

RescueCoin was found by people who want to help people.
We, the team RescueCoin have made it to our mission to help people in need. Out of this idea RescueCoin was developed.
With RescueCoin we give you the opportunity to actively support people in need and/or to finance medical research projetcs.
There will be a fundraiser every first Saturday of the month and furthermore we will add some Pre-Mined Coins.
The collected coins will be passed to organisations which you (the community) vote for on our website the week before.
Whether if you vote for conflict areas or for research – the money will arrive!

Technical Details:

Algorithm: Scrypt
Symbol :  RSCC
Max Coins: 100 million RescueCoins (after we reach 100 million the block reward will be 5)
Block time: 2 minutes
Difficulty Re-Target Time:  Every block with Digishield algorithm
Block Rewards: 150 coins per block at the beginning

Number of confirmations needed for transaction = 4
Number of confirmations needed for block to mature = 10

Source Code: https://github.com/RescueCoin/RescueCoin

Premine

3% - We know that is a lot! But we will explain how it works:

1% will be for the development, giveaways, promotions, etc.
2% will be in an “trust account”. These coins will be added to the monthly fundraiser.

Giveaways: Facebook&Twitter

For 250 #rescuecoin tweet us @rescuecoin what charity you think does the most good and why. Bonus given to the best tweet! Plus another 250 #rescuecoin for doing the same on Facebook!

Explorer

http://cryptobe.com/chain/RescueCoin

How to Mine

1)  GPU mine using CGminer

2)  GPU mine using CUDAminer

3)  CPU mine using CGminer or CPUminer

4)  CPU mine with wallet (currently slowest method):  
   1. Open RescueCoin Wallet
   2. Choose Help
   3. Select Debug window
   4. Select Console
   5. Type “setgenerate true <number of thread(s)>”
   6.  type  "getmininginfo" to see hashrate

List of Pools

http://rsc.hashlink.eu/

Exchanges

C-Cex
CoinExd

Wallet

You can find Windows, Linux and Mac wallet on our website: http://rescuecoin.org/wallet/

For those who cannot sync please add nodes, check out this fix:

1. Download the Wallet from http://rescuecoin.org/wallet/ depending on your O.S (Windows, Linux, Mac)
2. unpack the file and run rescuecoin-qt and then close it (exit).
3. Like in any other Wallet software the Rescuecoin folder will be created and is hidden by default.
You have to enable viewing hidden files on your system to be able to see the folder.
The data of Rescuecoin and the wallet will be in this folder. The path of this folder is:

on Windows:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Rescuecoin\

on Linux:
/home/<username>/rescuecoin/

on Mac:
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Rescuecoin/

to see this folder on Mac: hit shift + command + G which will GO to a folder,
then type in this location: ~/Library/Application Support/Rescuecoin

4. Create the rescuecoin.conf file (configuration file) in the Rescuecoin folder with the following contents:

server=1
rpcuser=[username]
rpcpassword=[password]
addnode=85.214.93.10
# Listen for RPC connections on this TCP port:
# rpcport=46442

Notice: rescuecoin p2p port is 46443 and rpcport is 46442.

5. run rescuecoin-qt again and the wallet should synchronize automatically.

EDIT
Hello community,

after the consideration of a lot of possibilities we would like to inform everyone that we are sticking to our concept.
But we will change the Premining! Our Premining will be reduced to 3%. (2% for monthly fundraiser, 1% for promotion, costs, development, etc.)

The reason for this is a great response by email and users from the forum that such a huge Premining won’t have any future.

The explanation why we stick to 3% is the following:
As you can see from our concept, RescueCoin was created to support people in need.
We will cover a period of 36 months where we have every first Saturday a donation day.
So every month we will donate 55,555 RSC (2,000,000 RSC / 36months) to a charity which you vote for.

Furthermore, we will also install a donation address on our website so that you can donate for people in need at any time.

We continue to hope for your support and your trust.

Thank you very much
Your RescueCoin Team

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:59:19 PM

KGW has exploits & is flawed. I'll pass.
andycoin

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:22:50 PM

Good idea, first coin for people in need  Roll Eyes
I give RescueCoin a big Chance !!!!!
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:24:48 PM

Premine 20%.
gpfleging

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:28:30 PM

CryptoLTD...  Can you provide any more details on "exploits & is flawed".  The large premie and scrypt may make it not worth it anyway, but would be great to have all the information possible to help everyone make informed decisions.

Thanks...
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:37:26 AM

CryptoLTD...  Can you provide any more details on "exploits & is flawed".  The large premie and scrypt may make it not worth it anyway, but would be great to have all the information possible to help everyone make informed decisions.

Thanks...

A while back, there were exploits with KGW's  code ( probabaly 4 months or so ), where durring a fork ( intentional change to the block chain for w/e reason ie. hot fixes sort of thing ), the block chain could be attacked. Altho not fond of the person, I believe BCX ( a known person in the alt coin world ), did this when AUR coin did their fork. From that time forward, I dont believe many have been using the KGW code , in its origional form, I have seen coins refer to 'their' version of KGW as somthing to the effect of 'updated' or 'revised' or some way of explaining that it is not the original code.

Considering you can never be too cautious , one should anticipate that down the road, there is the possibility of forking the chain , to update, change, alter, improve. Not considering this would be an unwise , and highly unlikely scenario unless the con dev(s) only plan to make yet, another coin to 'have their way with'.

If I could point you to an exact example I would, however, perhaps a forum search or google search , will provide more indepth information.
blue_w1nter

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:08:21 AM

2.5% Dev premine....
SMith777

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:16:36 AM

20% premine  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

rescuecointeam (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:49:58 AM

2.5% Dev premine....

20% premine  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Hi all,
please give me the chance to explain what we want to do:

Yes 20% Premine. We know it's a lot but we want to go a different way than other coins.
We want to support people in need and/or to finance medical research projetcs.
Therefore 17.5% will be for the good cause every month and we will let the community decide where the money goes!
The 2.5% is not for the Devs alone. Of course we will try to finance our costs out of it at a later stage BUT a big part will also be giveaways (see the first Facebook giveaway)

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Best Regards
RescueCoin Team
SMith777

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:59:52 AM

2.5% Dev premine....

20% premine  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Hi all,
please give me the chance to explain what we want to do:

Yes 20% Premine. We know it's a lot but we want to go a different way than other coins.
We want to support people in need and/or to finance medical research projetcs.
Therefore 17.5% will be for the good cause every month and we will let the community decide where the money goes!
The 2.5% is not for the Devs alone. Of course we will try to finance our costs out of it at a later stage BUT a big part will also be giveaways (see the first Facebook giveaway)

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Best Regards
RescueCoin Team

Unfortunately you do not have a chance for a some big exchange with 20% premine (or need to prepare at least 3 BTC).
Which means that you will not be able to use these 17.5%.
2.5% for the developer team is extremely huge.
Think about it and reduce premine and 2.5% Dev premine.

hazubai

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:09:29 AM

20% premine  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If you think you can explain this huge premine you are wrong. Think different is the right slogan. There is no future for this coin and if you and the team are thinking different, you are idiots.

xinweiwei

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:41:19 AM

20% premine Angry,sounds bad to us。。。

altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:02:44 AM

Your coin has been added to the Altcoin launch calendar.

http://altcoinherald.com/xwxg

We'll keep posted for developments with your coin!

rescuecointeam (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:24:34 PM

OK then, what do you suggest as premining with our concept?
How do you like the concept of RescueCoin to support people in need and to finance medical research projetcs once a month?
andycoin

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:47:25 PM

my opinion is that this is premining fair. the team wants swallowed support people in need with it. the concept and the idea of ​​rescuecoin is unique worldwide! not comparable with other coins  Grin Grin Grin
with this coin will help people in need around the world and we as a community can vote on where the money comes out !!!!!!!
quasimodo
Legendary

Activity: 2692
Merit: 1175

Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:11:44 PM

my opinion is that this is premining fair. the team wants swallowed support people in need with it. the concept and the idea of ​​rescuecoin is unique worldwide! not comparable with other coins  Grin Grin Grin
with this coin will help people in need around the world and we as a community can vote on where the money comes out !!!!!!!

My opinion is, you are a sockpuppet of the dev.
10 minutes after opening this thread you have created your account which may be a coincidence, but I do not believe.
cryptozim

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:40:50 PM

RescueCoin was found by people who want to help people.
We, the team RescueCoin have made it to our mission to help people in need. Out of this idea RescueCoin was developed.
With RescueCoin we give you the opportunity to actively support people in need and/or to finance medical research projetcs.
There will be a fundraiser every first Saturday of the month and furthermore we will add some Pre-Mined Coins.
The collected coins will be passed to organisations which you (the community) vote for on our website the week before.
Whether if you vote for conflict areas or for research – the money will arrive!

I see this kind of shit all the time. The "special project" coin. Could someone please explain to me exactly how this works? Say we vote for sending money to cancer research... Then what? You send the coins to the Mayo Clinic RescueCoin address? WTF? Nobody outside this community uses crypto, much less niche crypto. I don't get how this "money" is supposed to reach anybody.

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
rescuecointeam (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:25:49 PM

I see this kind of shit all the time. The "special project" coin. Could someone please explain to me exactly how this works? Say we vote for sending money to cancer research... Then what? You send the coins to the Mayo Clinic RescueCoin address? WTF? Nobody outside this community uses crypto, much less niche crypto. I don't get how this "money" is supposed to reach anybody.

Here is how it will work:
You (the community) decide for a project. We will take some of the Premined Coins and transfer it to "real" money. Furthermore if you really like the project you can also donate some of your own coins. Afterwards we transfer the "real" money to the bank account of the cancer research and get a donation receipt in return. We will upload this receipt on our website/facebook so that it is confirmed. Of course to prove all that we have to do it once.
cryptozim

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:48:43 PM

Here is how it will work:
You (the community) decide for a project. We will take some of the Premined Coins and transfer it to "real" money. Furthermore if you really like the project you can also donate some of your own coins. Afterwards we transfer the "real" money to the bank account of the cancer research and get a donation receipt in return. We will upload this receipt on our website/facebook so that it is confirmed. Of course to prove all that we have to do it once.

And why don't we just use bitcoin for that? Why do we need a new coin for turning cryptocurrency into fiat? Just make it a service. Call it BitRescue.

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:55:44 PM

20% Premine is way too much ,coins with even 1% Premine don't survive these days.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: