Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:31:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 1240 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ginger Ninja

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

They walk among us...

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 03:58:07 AM

what's up with this coin? She falls and falls Undecided Undecided Undecided

Just another victim of the altcoin slaughter that we have been seeing for months. Have you seen btc dominance lately?

Unfortunately, it feels different this time around. Many coins will not recover. This is the first time in years I actually worry about NAVs future.
There is simply not enough interest and too much competition in the niche NAV occupies

Gotta agree here.

We don't need a vote on marketing - just a bit of common sense - we will die without it.

Don't we have like 3 people doing marketing now?

This is the lowest I have seen nav in a very long time and I have been here since summer coin.......

IMHO too much going down rabbit holes and then moving onto something else. A reality check on common sense is really overdue now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 10:52:14 AM

NavCoin News - July 2019

Welcome to the first of the new monthly community news format. There’s a lot to get through because as always the NavCoin community is an absolute hive of activity.

This month's top story
NavCoin Core RC 4.7.0 Testing

The Release Candidate for NavCoin Core 4.7.0 is currently undergoing community testing. This release is the culmination of 40 Pull Requests spanning the last 2 and a half months of code contributions from NavCoin Developers. There have been a long list of technical improvements made including moving the Community Fund data to the CoinsDB and pulling in multiple changes from upstream code bases. These changes touch quite a bit of the core code base and require thorough system tests before they can be launched onto the main net with confidence.

So far the NavCoin Community have uncovered and resolved multiple bugs through the release candidate testing program and testing will continue until the version is considered stable and bug free.

If you care about your NAV being kept secure and want the wallet to continue working correctly on your computer, then you should get involved in testing the release candidate. It’s everyone’s responsibility to participate and help the developers find bugs before they appear in the wild.

Even if you’re not a developer, you can try the new version on your system and report any issues you’re having. And if you are, there’s bounties to be claimed by contributing to NavCoin Core, so get involved!

Grab the NavCoin Core RC 4.7.0 and leave your comments on GitHub.

More stories in the article

- NavCoin NEXT Mobile Launched
- Website Bounty Program Online
- NavHub News Running on Medium
- “All Eyes on Us” Results Published
- WikiLeaks Shop Accepting NAV
- New Exchange Listings
- Stack Of Stake Adds Custodial NAV Staking
- Community Fund Update

Read the Full Article »

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
Tr0p1k

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 10:55:33 AM

Navcoin is sh*tcoin.. I remember the days in december 2017 when a couple guys from navteam where able to sell and the rest of the holders where locked and couldn't transfer there coins to bittrex and binance because of wallet problems.. You guys have always wallet problems when there is a pump.. You sell and then wallet problem is over and the rest starts to dump for lower price.. You guys done this many times on bittrex and binance..

Everybody lost his trust in this sh*tcoin.

Millions and millions of navcoins are sold by a couple guys between $4-5 when the rest of the holders where locked..

If im not able to move my coins to exchange, then the rest of the coins must not able to dump on exchange when im locked in my wallet..

You transfer to exchange and create a wallet problem when there is a pump, you dump and the rest is locked on the sideline.. Not able to dump only watching.
gregofdoom2

Activity: 140
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 10:50:07 PM

Navcoin is sh*tcoin.. I remember the days in december 2017 when a couple guys from navteam where able to sell and the rest of the holders where locked and couldn't transfer there coins to bittrex and binance because of wallet problems.. You guys have always wallet problems when there is a pump.. You sell and then wallet problem is over and the rest starts to dump for lower price.. You guys done this many times on bittrex and binance..

Everybody lost his trust in this sh*tcoin.

Millions and millions of navcoins are sold by a couple guys between $4-5 when the rest of the holders where locked..

If im not able to move my coins to exchange, then the rest of the coins must not able to dump on exchange when im locked in my wallet..

You transfer to exchange and create a wallet problem when there is a pump, you dump and the rest is locked on the sideline.. Not able to dump only watching.

Man, go to the psychiatrist ... What you say is completely nonsense.
I do not even want to comment on what you wrote.
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 09:59:29 AM

NavCoin Community Roundtable 004

Continued engagement from the NavCoin community proves to be the recipe for success as talking points and ideas flow thick and fast from new arrivals and old timers.

This month's first topic
Staking and Voting on Exchanges

Since NavCoin is a proof of stake network, the number of coins owned by a staking address is equal to the proportion of votes that address gets towards key network decisions like the ledger consensus, soft fork activations as well as the DAO functions like Community Fund proposals and payment requests. Until now that has meant the main network participants are the end users of the coins themselves, but recently some of the major exchanges have started to provide staking on behalf of the users with deposited coins in their system.

There is some concern in the community that since the exchanges have access to a reasonably large proportion of coins, if the exchanges decided to turn on staking it could make soft forks and DAO votes harder to pass.

While staking on exchanges could bring a new wave of users to the exchanges and introduce them to NavCoin, the impact of centralisation needs to be discussed and mitigated. One solution that was discussed was to create a tiered staking system where coins that are locked into a staking ‘term’ would receive the full reward and have full voting weight while unlocked coins would have a reduced rewards and voting powers. Since economic nodes wouldn’t be able to lock in the coins to a term it would reduce their weight on the network lessening the impact of their staking and incentivising users to withdraw and stake independently.

Some other options were discussed such as building an exchange integration for NavPool so users with coins on the exchange could manage their votes via the NavPool platform. Or potentially partnering with one of the smaller exchanges to integrate voting directly into their platform.

Ultimately the approach needs to be further discussed and designed but there are some good ideas there already which could easily help to mitigate the issues caused by centralised exchange staking.

More topics in the article

- Marketing Videos and YouTube Ads
- Community Trello Board
- Potential Europe Meetup / Conference
- Privacy Protocol Debate Continued
- Community Fund Reserve

Read the Full Article »

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2019, 08:27:58 AM

NavCoin News - August 2019

NavCoin has been integrated into Magnum Wallet, three airdrops are underway and the first steps of NavCoin’s privacy improvements have begun.

This month's top story
Magnum Wallet Integration

At the end of July NavCoin Community Moderator Juguelio submitted his Community Fund proposal to the NavCoin DAO which would sponsor the integration of NavCoin into Magnum Wallet. The proposal passed and he has been working closely with the Magnum development team to make the integration happen. We are pleased to report that NAV is now available inside the Magnum Wallet as one of the cryptocurrencies which the wallet can store and spend.

Magnum Wallet is a non-custodial lite wallet that incorporates cold staking and airdrops directly into the wallet itself. It comes as an app or as a web wallet and the wallet offers ledger support for compatible coins.

To promote the integration Juguelio and Magnum ran a successful airdrop campaign that saw NavCoin’s Twitter, Reddit and Telegram channels grow by thousands of users over a short few days as people joined to claim their free tokens in the promotion.

These types of projects show the power of the NavCoin DAO and how any community member can use the fund to both advance the technology and increase adoption. You don’t have to be a developer, all you need is a good idea and a plan to make it happen.

- NavCoin Air Drops
- NavCoin Privacy Improvements
- Community Trello Boards
- NavCoin Website Improvements
- NavCoin Core 4.7.0 RC Update
- Community Fund Update

Read the Full Article »

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

HashForce102

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 08:39:58 AM

AAA + is an understatement. The Whales are playing

Edit --- I just got spat out the other end. Well that was an experience  Grin

Ok relax . Loving NAVPay Guys

Also Bitcoin Forum Moderators I would like to get my account back hashforce101 account with lower case and all . Someone has hacked changed the email address to pb@moderntoken.com

It should be HAShForce101@gmail.com . Nice hack . So I'll click on report to moderator

This is my Twitter account with over 12k followers . Take a look at HaShForce101 (@HaShForce101): https://twitter.com/HaShForce101?s=09

My Twitter account shows my NAV tweets of past many years

Send a test to my email account HAShForce101@gmail.com

Thanks

Thought I Retry to get my hacked account back in 2019
Will the Bitcoin Forum Moderators ever answer Hashforce101

Its Simple check the logs who changed my account address for Hashforce101 from Hashforce101@gmal.com to the fake pb@moderntoken.com
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 11:57:27 AM

NavCoin Community Roundtable 005

The theme of this months roundtable largely revolved around marketing and community engagement with productive discussions being had on all fronts.

This month's first topic
Marketing Discussion

After a month of observing the NavCoin project sundaybrunch has joined the roundtable to discuss how to move the project’s marketing strategy forward. For context she teaches digital marketing, was introduced to NavCoin by salmonskinroll and she has taken an interest in NavCoin’s philosophy and community vision.

Some initial observations being that we have some good talent in the community in terms of design capability but that the message needs to be more focused. For the most part her participation in the roundtable was more of an introduction to the rest of the community rather than a planning session and a specific marketing meeting has been set to further discuss the scope of the efforts, what our goals are and what resources we have available.

If you would like to sit in or participate in this discussion, please join the NavCoin discord this Wednesday 4 September @ 9PM GMT #marketing.

- Proposed Symbols for NAV Denominations
- Dis-incentivise Exchange Staking
- Utilising Reddit
- How to Attract More Developers
- Donating Stakes to the Bounty Programs
- User Onboarding Process
- Using the Community Trello Boards

Read the Full Article »

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

felipepoide79

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 11:58:46 AM

Guys I'm storing my navcoin in the magnum wallet and I want to staking my nav for it. Which pool address is best for me to enter? thankful
felipepoide79

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 11:05:42 PM

So any tips Huh
happyrichie

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 04:52:23 PM

this project is very poor, every update my blockchain gets broken, i have worked on over 100 coins and this is the worse. i wish it worked on update but because of this i am leaving your coin until you can make an update work correctly.
art_of_bug

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2019, 09:09:51 AM

We've published our disclosure: NavCoin – Bypassing Header Spam Protection.
Ginger Ninja

They walk among us...

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 11:10:03 PM

We've published our disclosure: NavCoin – Bypassing Header Spam Protection.

VERY interesting. Im by no means an expert but interesting none the less.

In other news the volume on POLO to today is awful, I don't know how long they will put up with this without delisting us. Bigger coins have suffered this fate lately.
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 10:26:14 PM

NavCoin Core 4.7.0 - Purple Zebra

Purple Zebra is the culmination of the last few months of work on NavCoin Core and includes 40 closed pull requests, many new features and important security updates & stability fixes. Due to the security patches, upgrading to Purple Zebra should be considered mandatory and performed as soon as possible, especially if you are staking.

For the full release notes please visit the Purple Zebra Release on GitHub.

To download the NavCoin Purple Zebra please visit the Wallet Downloads page.

Read the Notice »

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

Ginger Ninja

They walk among us...

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 02:56:03 AM

NavCoin Core 4.7.0 - Purple Zebra

Purple Zebra is the culmination of the last few months of work on NavCoin Core and includes 40 closed pull requests, many new features and important security updates & stability fixes. Due to the security patches, upgrading to Purple Zebra should be considered mandatory and performed as soon as possible, especially if you are staking.

For the full release notes please visit the Purple Zebra Release on GitHub.

To download the NavCoin Purple Zebra please visit the Wallet Downloads page.

Read the Notice »

Great stuff guys!

Much appreciated for all your hard work!!!
bigbooss

Activity: 1302
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 06:19:22 AM

Hi
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 10:02:30 AM

NavCoin News — September 2019

It’s been another busy month for NavCoin as 4.7.0 Purple Zebra hits the shelves, the first developer roundtable takes place and the marketing discussions get underway.

This month's top story
NavCoin Core 4.7.0 — Purple Zebra

The latest version of NavCoin Core is now available for download.

One of the key stability fixes was to migrate the database which stores the Community Fund data from being in its own stand alone database to be merged with the rest of the CoinsDB. This both increases performance and mitigates data consistency issues that was causing some users to reject valid blocks where their Community Fund data was incorrect.

There are a lot of other fixes and user experience improvements added to the latest release including a sync progress dialog and the error log now being available in the debug window of NavCoin-QT.

To check out the release notice please visit the NavCoin 4.7.0 Notice.

For the full release notes visit the Purple Zebra Release on GitHub.

To download the NavCoin Purple Zebra visit the Wallet Downloads page.

- Developer Roundtables
- Marketing Discussions
- Exscudo Exchange Listing & Channels Integration
- Magnum Wallet Staking
- Community Fund Update

Read the Full Article »

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 08:34:20 AM

So any tips Huh

Hi,

Magnum as far as I know uses NavPool.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

felipepoide79

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 12:03:03 PM

So any tips Huh

Hi,

Magnum as far as I know uses NavPool.

thank you
itsnasir

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 01:12:45 AM

Whats happening with this coin? It seems its on some slow poison going down and down and down!
Pages: « 1 ... 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 1240 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: