Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you must Dice, do it on one without an investment option, you get scammed  (Read 1734 times)
wang_yan

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:20:12 AM

The even worse part is that, in a house with investment option, there could be some inside job, like what JD did with the nakowa account.

Two things:

1) this wouldn't affect players at all - this thread is about "don't play on sites with 'investment'" but it doesn't make any sense

2) nakowa wasn't an "inside job"

I'm happy to hear that's not an inside job. So, do you mind explaining which part you edited in this reply you made? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289533.msg3101890#msg3101890

If you cannot remember, I have a screenshot for that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wang_yan

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:23:47 AM

The even worse part is that, in a house with investment option, there could be some inside job, like what JD did with the nakowa account.

Two things:

1) this wouldn't affect players at all - this thread is about "don't play on sites with 'investment'" but it doesn't make any sense

You can never argue with the conspiracy theorists, as you have no way to prove "it is not an inside job". Smiley

You'd better make your judgement when dooglus answers my question: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238613.msg7745220#msg7745220

Suppose he dares.

Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:46:59 AM

Two things:

You can never argue with the conspiracy theorists, as you have no way to prove "it is not an inside job". Smiley

You'd better make your judgement when dooglus answers my question: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238613.msg7745220#msg7745220

Suppose he dares.

Okay no problem, I will check the JD thread later tonight, to see any update on the incident. Smiley

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:27:54 PM

I'm happy to hear that's not an inside job. So, do you mind explaining which part you edited in this reply you made? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289533.msg3101890#msg3101890

If you cannot remember, I have a screenshot for that.

I think that's the post where I replaced some chinese characters with latin ones. Is that what you're referring to?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:47:06 AM

Let me reword my post...I think just-dice was the best site to play with if you HAD to dice. I lost a ton when dicing in the far past so I would advise NO ONE to dice. Now that just-dice is gone, there is no site with investment left to be trusted. One, any site owner can go and slowly drain the bankroll on his own. Doog could've done that himself for 100 coins over the lifetime of just-dice for example and no one would notice 100 coins missing or suspect anything. If doog could do it, anyone could (doubt doog did though).

As for why primedice is rigged, it has been pointing out multiple times that there is a flaw in the way primedice generates its seed. Instead of having a seed that is locked in all day, the seeds of everything changes EVERY roll. Thus, if you are someone who never changes the client seed, primedice can easily rig all 3 seeds to roll a certain way if you always bet low or always bet high or alternate. Betting patterns are easy to see and interpret. When this was pointed out to Stunna, many people argued for change. Stunna said it would be changed. However, stunna announced couple months back that this change was not going to happen actually. So thus, if you fail to change the client seed, you're rolls are not provably fair and can easily be changed to being a loser.

Its interesting too - the only "site is rigged" or whatever posts that show up are always of an incredible unluckiness over multiple streaks on primedice. Those users generally always go high or low and aren't randoming their selections. You don't see threads for coinroll.it or just-dice rigged ever when they were just as popular a year ago and it makes me and others wonder why. There was a multi page thread on how primedice is not provably fair.

Thanks KoS, I appreciate your thoughtful reply especially the back story on primedice.  I can see your point. 

Not sure I agree on your last point though about only PD getting accused of being rigged, that seems to be common and even this thread has now been hijacked by someone accusing dooglus of cheating!   As you yourself have noted, you can lose dicing even on the most reputable of sites and it is just human nature to want to lash out accordingly.

Thanks again and good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: