Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:44:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitscalper back to business  (Read 20931 times)
bitscalper (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:39:16 PM

Good luck

Your continued faith in the scammer is depressing. You're only leading on the scam.

What if the guy's just incompetent, and not actually a scammer? I'd say we should give him a chance to prove himself. But I agree this all looks really shady. If it's legit, it's a miracle such an incompetent person can create a system that makes this kind of money automatically.

Will you wait here a while, while I go dig up the 2 or so weeks of chatlogs from when BitScalper was first created and everyone was bitching at me for supporting him and defending him and he himself was begging me not to bail on him but everything slowly and meticulously became more and more obvious it was a scam and I had to (against my own wishes) admit to the fact that the entire thing was too fishy and ridiculous to even consider being legitimate?

If anything, I have been the biggest devil's advocate for BitScalper from day one. I am the most qualified to say he's full of shit.

Calm down Matthew. I have to admit that your language and unfounded allegations really turn me off. To me, you sound like you're either young (teenager/early 20s) and just like to spout off, or you're an infiltrator that is trying to bring down people and cause division.

I don't think bitscalper is a "scammer". If he was, he'd already be long gone and not posting on here anymore - it'd be pointless.

I DO think he is incompetent at building a secure website, but whatever, most people are. It's not appropriate to use derogatory, insulting language directed at someone for trying and failing. I probably know more about computers than you, Matthew, and my site got hacked too. I know how to build a website but providing security against pro hackers is a whole different story.

Its obvious to me that the powers that be want to control the exchanges, so certain exchanges will be provided support, and others will be attacked. I want as many exchanges as possible, and to trade at as many as possible, even if they kinda suck - power in numbers. When I see people throwing around the "scammer" label without any real evidence, well, that sounds just like the good ole boys club to me (masons).

Look here, we have all the good old ad hominems!
> Age
> "That's unbitcoin!"
> Oh look, masons!

Even if bitscalper is not a scammer, he still can't even handle the most basic shit like maintaining a DB.  He ACCIDENTALLY DELETES TABLES.  Is this a person you want to trust with your money?

I'd like to point out that i deleted the table trying to fix the mess that Theymos caused by going public with our username list. That's not a really professional way to help a bitcoin related business overcoming troubles and obviously not healthy for bitcoin as a whole.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:44:46 PM

I'd like to point out that i deleted the table trying to fix the mess that Theymos caused by going public with our username list. That's not a really professional way to help a bitcoin related business overcoming troubles and obviously not healthy for bitcoin as a whole.

Theymos's actions are no excuse for losing data.  You should have backups, or at least have made a dump before you even though about typing the word delete in an SQL prompt.

This gap in your thought process reveals you probably have a lot more mistakes to make before you've learned all the lessons you need to have learned to operate a website with the security and reliability bitcoin demands.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 06:52:06 PM

Maybe a website is not a good medium to use for something like this.

It is not only hard to secure but also horribly exposed. Random members of the public could arrive there if some search engine spider has ever happened upon it, or someone could let slip its existence to a bunch of internet crazies who like to hack sites or report unlicensed investments to authorities or gosh knows what.

Maybe it would be better to use encrypted email to communicate with your investors, possibly via a mixnet even?

Processing emails for specific commands like tell me my balance or herewith is the private key to a bitcoin address that has more money I want to invest might be a lot more secure than letting people put inputs into HTML/PHP forms that end up interacting with MySQL databases.

Plus, even Chrome browser is not secure, so requiring your investors to use a browser at all might not be such a great idea...

I am dubious even of using Tor for something like this because simply by correlating uptime to powercuts in various regions it could maybe get tracked down... Thus the idea of email or freenet Sones or something like that where the exact times you come online or go offline is not so easy to discover seems like it might be a good idea.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 06:56:44 PM

Theymos's actions are no excuse for losing data.  You should have backups, or at least have made a dump before you even though about typing the word delete in an SQL prompt.

This gap in your thought process reveals you probably have a lot more mistakes to make before you've learned all the lessons you need to have learned to operate a website with the security and reliability bitcoin demands.

I know that and there's no gap in my thought process. At least, i don't think you are in a position to value it. I just said that i do not like the way Theymos handled the disclosure.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 07:01:26 PM

There's no excuse for (intentionally!) deleting data without backups, trying to put the blame on others just makes you look worse.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
bitscalper (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 07:03:55 PM

There's no excuse for (intentionally!) deleting data without backups, trying to put the blame on others just makes you look worse.

Still i don't care if i look worse. I just care to say what i think.  Who said i deleted the table intentionally ?
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 07:04:07 PM

Good luck

Your continued faith in the scammer is depressing. You're only leading on the scam.

What if the guy's just incompetent, and not actually a scammer? I'd say we should give him a chance to prove himself. But I agree this all looks really shady. If it's legit, it's a miracle such an incompetent person can create a system that makes this kind of money automatically.

Will you wait here a while, while I go dig up the 2 or so weeks of chatlogs from when BitScalper was first created and everyone was bitching at me for supporting him and defending him and he himself was begging me not to bail on him but everything slowly and meticulously became more and more obvious it was a scam and I had to (against my own wishes) admit to the fact that the entire thing was too fishy and ridiculous to even consider being legitimate?

If anything, I have been the biggest devil's advocate for BitScalper from day one. I am the most qualified to say he's full of shit.

Calm down Matthew. I have to admit that your language and unfounded allegations really turn me off. To me, you sound like you're either young (teenager/early 20s) and just like to spout off, or you're an infiltrator that is trying to bring down people and cause division.

I don't think bitscalper is a "scammer". If he was, he'd already be long gone and not posting on here anymore - it'd be pointless.

I DO think he is incompetent at building a secure website, but whatever, most people are. It's not appropriate to use derogatory, insulting language directed at someone for trying and failing. I probably know more about computers than you, Matthew, and my site got hacked too. I know how to build a website but providing security against pro hackers is a whole different story.

Its obvious to me that the powers that be want to control the exchanges, so certain exchanges will be provided support, and others will be attacked. I want as many exchanges as possible, and to trade at as many as possible, even if they kinda suck - power in numbers. When I see people throwing around the "scammer" label without any real evidence, well, that sounds just like the good ole boys club to me (masons).

Look here, we have all the good old ad hominems!
> Age
> "That's unbitcoin!"
> Oh look, masons!

Even if bitscalper is not a scammer, he still can't even handle the most basic shit like maintaining a DB.  He ACCIDENTALLY DELETES TABLES.  Is this a person you want to trust with your money?

Not really..that's why I only have one bitcoin there. My point that was that it was presumptuous to call him a scammer and the way bitscalper has been attacked makes me somewhat suspicious of the intent. It's obviously not a professional site but a scammer and their website would have disappeared by now.

You might want to look up "ad hominem", before you use an incorrect definition again.

I'm grumpy!!
notme
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 07:04:54 PM

Right.

You did not think "maybe I should back this up" BEFORE you deleted it.  <---- GAP

I am in a position to make this determination because if the gap wan't there, you'd have the data you need to give me my fucking money (not that I trusted you with much in the first place).

adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 08:46:37 PM

Right.

You did not think "maybe I should back this up" BEFORE you deleted it.  <---- GAP

I am in a position to make this determination because if the gap wan't there, you'd have the data you need to give me my fucking money (not that I trusted you with much in the first place).

Shit happens...

one thing seems clear bitscalper still has the scammer red X on his name and it should remain that way, until he returns all the funds to his users.
bitscalper should immediately return the coins from the users on this forum, as a show of good fiath.
if this is done, and if more public successful withdraws are processed, i would remove the scammer X's
if bitscalper is honorable he can win back some trust, he will simply have deal with his tarnished reputation.

he has never had my trust, and probably never will.
although... i am Loving all this Drama sounding bitscalper
thebitcoinreview.com would love to make a short interview with you bitscalper  Cheesy

notme
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 08:55:06 PM

Right.

Shit happens...

one thing seems clear bitscalper still has the scammer red X on his name and it should remain that way, until he returns all the funds to his users.
bitscalper should immediately return the coins from the users on this forum, as a show of good fiath.
if this is done, and if more public successful withdraws are processed, i would remove the scammer X's
if bitscalper is honorable he can win back some trust, he will simply have deal with his tarnished reputation.

he has never had my trust, and probably never will.
although... i am Loving all this Drama sounding bitscalper
thebitcoinreview.com would love to make a short interview with you bitscalper  Cheesy

I understand shit happens, but a responsible person would own up to it instead of blaming others.

lomax

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 09:30:26 PM

Hmmm logged in, changed my pass, and now I can't log in again...

blah.

I have the same problem.

Granted bitscalper has failed to communicate effectively and apparently made some technical errors but it does not deserve to be labeled a scam, yet, he does seem to be trying to return deposits and continue operation. Have we forgotten that this website was exploited recently, I don't see Theymos wearing a scammer tag?

This forum, its administration, moderators and its more vocal 'contributors' are far, far worse for bitcoins image than some poorly implemented services or even the occasional scam.

Bitcoin needs to distance itself from this foul little corner of the internet or banish Matthew and his cadre of trolls.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:17:36 PM

Calm down Matthew. I have to admit that your language and unfounded allegations really turn me off.
Look at your post count. Look at how long you've been on the forum. Look at how many projects you're involved in. Now tell me I care what you think.

Scammers stick around because the more they talk and the more FUD they spread, the more fanboys they might get that can help lure others off their trail. It's the same reason Tom Williams came back. If you can try to lie/explain your way out of something, it confuses the already angry people. You not admitting this makes me think you're a bitscalper sock puppet that he created just to support himself.

I probably know more about computers than you, Matthew

I'm going to leave this comment for comedic purposes.

So you think that when someone irresponsibly loses everyone's money, then loses their records, then doesn't pay them back, then disappears for a month, all while professing that he must stay 100% anonymous, that that's not scamming? And yet you believe in free masons?

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 10:23:46 PM

Wow! Seven whole posts and you can tell who the bad guys are, huh? Spent many a long winter's eve lurking and learning?

bitscalper is a scammer. As the forum member who first called for the tag, I don't retract a single moment of that call. Until and unless every single Satoshi is returned, and there is complete transparency, this is a classic ponzi scheme.

No bot trading assistant could generate the kind of returns that this liar claims to have generated.

Nobody with an IQ in double digits who claims to be an online business-person would ever delete their main customer transaction database, and then they absolutely would not come back and claim they had to do it because their feelings got hurt by the Admin of the community they were so busy ripping off, opened up the story behind who they were stealing from.

Any legitimate business that fubared this badly would be working aggressively with Admins and community leaders to salvage what data could be restored and looking for a way to fix the problem... not preparing for the next better way of throwing money away.

Scammer through and through.
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2012, 11:36:05 PM

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:40:28 PM

The Bitcoin community needs to excommunicate cancers like cryptoanarchist from our midst... people who are idiotic conspiracy theorists, allow ideology to dictate their reality, and make childish arguments against obvious facts.

I hope newbies don't see these people as representatives of Bitcoin.

(BFL)^2 < 0
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:42:09 PM

The Bitcoin community needs to excommunicate cancers like cryptoanarchist from our midst... people who are idiotic conspiracy theorists, allow ideology to dictate their reality, and make childish arguments against obvious facts.

I fully agree, comrade.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 11:47:36 PM

Also, obvious sockpuppet is obvious.

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:02:22 AM

Bitscalper, I will back you up if you return my coins:

1A7TF8jWEHieqotqivNhWqnbkFNxnQs5UJ
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 12:02:36 AM

Matthew, please open a new thread for your personal fights with other members. This thread is related to Bitscalper and solving the issues we are facing.

Right on. Let's get back to the topic of you:

1) Losing access to your own website for which you had no backups
2) Having never proven you're doing anything other than a ponzi scheme
3) Are most likely just CoinExchanger's alter ego
4) Deleted your own deposits/withdrawals records
5) Are now lazily asking the community to provide you information you should already have in order to claim money
6) Disappeared for a month without any contact
7) Still not having resolved anything.
8 ) Have a scammer tag
9) Operate a ponzi scheme and claim it's an arbitrage bot (which wouldn't make any sense because you'd be giving them your profit for nothing)
10) Continue to insist that your anonymity is essential

Hi scammer. How's tricks?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 12:04:33 AM

Bitscalper, I will back you up if you return my coins:

1A7TF8jWEHieqotqivNhWqnbkFNxnQs5UJ
LMAO

how much will it cost him to have you as back up?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: