Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think it is safe to assume that the banking elite are paying people to troll this forum?  (Voting closed: March 26, 2012, 12:18:55 AM)
Yes - 34 (22.8%)
No - 89 (59.7%)
not sure - 26 (17.4%)
Total Voters: 149

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People paid by banking elite to troll this Forum?  (Read 7452 times)
jCole

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 01:46:34 AM

no.. there is just no way. You are very paranoid man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pieter Wuille
Legendary

Activity: 1072
Merit: 1174

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 04:43:37 AM

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I do Bitcoin stuff.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 07:34:43 AM

Why pay people to be brainless idiots when there are millions and millions of people who will be untiring brainless idiots all day long for free?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:36:24 AM

Why pay people to be brainless idiots when there are millions and millions of people who will be untiring brainless idiots all day long for free?

Herp derp high-five Joel

HappyFunnyFoo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 07:05:03 PM

No, the average bitcoin customer already didn't have a lot of money in "evil fiat currency" to begin with before bitcoin, and the total market capitalization of the entire bitcoin system is smaller than about two hours of trading profits at Goldman Sachs.  Why would they care?  Moreso, with people like me who think most bitcoin embracers are completely nuts to choose this system over putting their assets in a bank, why would they bother?  There are already enough voices of dissent out there.

cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:49:49 AM

So..a little over a year later and we have a percentage of how many accounts on here are full of shit. (I say 'accounts' instead of 'people' because many are sockpuppets)

Roughly 60% of the accounts on here are ran by the same old gang of dickheads - we know that now.

I'm grumpy!!
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 02:35:40 AM

So..a little over a year later and we have a percentage of how many accounts on here are full of shit. (I say 'accounts' instead of 'people' because many are sockpuppets)

Roughly 60% of the accounts on here are ran by the same old gang of dickheads - we know that now.

Say what!! Shocked

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:54:15 AM

Not sure where you get 60%.

But I find it funny to peruse the absolutely certain comments from this community as to how absurd is the idea that people are hired to disrupt these forums.  This, in spite of the fact that this kind of activity has by now gone mainstream.  This is an article from the guardian that describes the "sock puppet" phenomenon.

If you are a man, chances are you are a know-it-all.  If you are also a software engineer it is a certainty.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
agentbluescreen

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:14:05 AM

Herp derp high-five Joel https://i.imgur.com/PukNN.gif

http://www.webdisplays.com/PopeCheney.jpg
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:41:05 AM

If you have been on the speculation subforum for long you will know it's probably true, other than that some of the FUDers, rather than being paid, may have vested interests in the old system themselves.

e.g., check out this guy here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=28488 Why did he show up only after Bitcoin crashes? If he is not interested in Bitcoin at all,  why did he feel it's his business to spread all kinds of "doom and gloom" to the most fervent believers of Bitcoin? Why does his website contain nothing but FUDs? Do you believe he did all this just because he was, like he claimed, concerned that people will lose money to Bitcoin?

Shilling is an industry, you have to see it to believe it.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 03:42:41 AM

I doubt they pay people just to troll the forums. I'm sure they have a few people that have keywords on google so that whenever something is made with that topic they get an email about it. Just like any stock trader watching the competition.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:43:24 AM

But I find it funny to peruse the absolutely certain comments from this community as to how absurd is the idea that people are hired to disrupt these forums.  This, in spite of the fact that this kind of activity has by now gone mainstream.  This is an article from the guardian that describes the "sock puppet" phenomenon.

If you are a man, chances are you are a know-it-all.  If you are also a software engineer it is a certainty.

The 60% is the 59.7% that voted "no", despite the fact that the government has already admitted that they troll forums.

I don't think people can be that stupid, or that certain, and that leads to the conclusion that those who voted "no" are the gov paid trollers themselves.

I'm grumpy!!
Stampbit

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:02:22 AM

Banking elite dont care about bitcoin, they laugh at its price swings over morning coffee.
agentbluescreen

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:40:28 AM

Banking elite dont care about bitcoin, they laugh at its price swings over morning coffee.
You are correct. it's value is too unstable to contract, estimate, forecast or pay anyone in, it's too slow to transact and it cannot handle large liquidity exchanges without huge value penalties, so it's limited to small potatoes transactions and really no competition for money.

It is a serious threat to the debit and credit card monopolies though, and a huger still challenge to the central banksters because it endangers the lifeblood of their most treasured deregulated  "credit swap derivatives" loophole.
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:53:13 PM

Standard human behavior is to skip by posts that people find unimportant. They don't actually take time out to block/ignore spammers. We need a hard auto silence switch. Something like 2.5% of all established members ignoring? If you have spent 4 days and 4 hours of your time here to become established, and you are ignoring people, its a serious issue.

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:02:10 PM

The 60% is the 59.7% that voted "no", despite the fact that the government has already admitted that they troll forums.

I don't think people can be that stupid, or that certain, and that leads to the conclusion that those who voted "no" are the gov paid trollers themselves.

WTF then I never got paid! Bankers, please send my bribe to
1NRQEJaepQfaT9jKejaogLJ622V8Z7BsvR
Thanks in advance!

But in all seriousness, yes I can be that stupid. I still fail to grasp why the Illuminati would pay for something they'd get for free anyways.
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 06:52:52 AM

So I get the ignore system, but without also implementing a secondary authentication this leads to situations like
mine wherein my account was hacked, a hacker posing as me ran around every major thread one Wednesday (7/10),
then when I logged in on Friday I discovered a bunch of people had suddenly ignored me and this prick had bid on
multiple posts in my name which suddenly makes me look like an asshole, all the while I was probably sleeping.

Two form authy seems like it would've made this much less feasible, and I wouldn't have landed on anyones shit list.

Yes, I've upgraded my password.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:09:12 AM

cryptoanarchist is not a fool. I like the handle and image.

OF COURSE THE ELITE HAVE THEIR HANDLES AND AGENTS IN THIS PLACE!!!!

This forum is the single MOST important forums and places online right now for the banksters and powers that be to try (last gasp) to keep their handle on the monetary controls.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:21:49 AM

This is a no brainer to me, but would love to hear other people's input.

I have no doubt there are people being paid from all sorts of different industries to read and post on this forum.

Not just banking, but other industries as well.

It's the nature of the net.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:03:23 AM

Trolling ? No.

Spreading some propaganda ? Yes, why not. That is possible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: