Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:35:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think it is safe to assume that the banking elite are paying people to troll this forum?  (Voting closed: March 26, 2012, 12:18:55 AM)
Yes - 34 (22.8%)
No - 89 (59.7%)
not sure - 26 (17.4%)
Total Voters: 149

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People paid by banking elite to troll this Forum?  (Read 7462 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:17:52 AM

I would have thought the "elite" would not deign to lower themselves to the level of bitcoin as it would be easy for them to be dismissive (arrogance or ignorance).  I don't notice an overt bias in the trolling against bitcoin, but then my own bias might filter that out (ref Holliday filtering how he reads things occasionally.)

They "lowered" themselves enough to prosecute a 60 something year old hippie for making silver coins, and bitcoin is more threatening than Liberty Dollar ever was.
Oh, you mean the hippie (Bernard von NotHaus) who ignored Article I, Section 8, Clause 5 of the Constitution of his own country that states that the power to coin money and to regulate the value of it is delegated to Congress, and went ahead and mixed Liberty Dollars into the current money of the United States since 1998 to try to limit reliance on, and to compete with, United States currency, which is illegal?

I love how you think the means justify the ends.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:19:49 AM

I've read about Liberty Dollars and the crime associated with it, it is hardly comparable.  I am not trying to usurp the legal tender with something I make in a garden shed.

Edit: US justice system != elite bankers
cryptoanarchist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:21:36 AM

Oh, you mean the hippie (Bernard von NotHaus) who ignored Article I, Section 8, Clause 5 of the Constitution of his own country that states that the power to coin money and to regulate the value of it is delegated to Congress, and went ahead and mixed Liberty Dollars into the current money of the United States since 1998 to try to limit reliance on, and to compete with, United States currency, which is illegal?

I love how you think the means justify the ends.

Ahh, so more about your character leaks out Matthew - you really are a sack of shit. Article I, Section 8 doesn't give any EXCLUSIVE right to coin money as money at the time was just silver. There were plenty of private mints producing silver coins throughout the 19th century and not one of them was shut down for violating the Constitution.

I'm grumpy!!
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:22:45 AM

I work for HSBC

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:28:38 AM

oh my GOD. HOW DID YOU FIND THAT. Erase that immediately, it violates my copyright.

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:48:43 AM

I am not trying to usurp the legal tender with something I make in a garden shed.

Really? Because that's exactly my goal. I didn't create Bitcoin, and I don't have a garden shed, but I hope to heat my garage with Bitcoin miners next winter! Legal tender laws can, for the lack of better words, suck it. Granted, I am not going to break those laws. I'll just continue to opt out.

Edit: US justice system != elite bankers

It may not, but why would the system have rules about creating a currency or punish people for creating one? What's the big deal? They are probably better off letting the "loonies" do what they want, as long as they aren't harming others.

My shed leaks, and the power to the garage is pretty poor (plus no network connection).  But your point is nicely expressed.

Did you know loonie is the Canadian dollar?  I don't normally consider myself a duck or crazy.

One of the interesting things mostly forgotten is that many major banks are owned by a distributed group of stock holders.  They might be managed funds, other companies or pension funds, and some of those ultimately pay the retirement income of thousands of people doing "shit" jobs.  Several years back I had shares in a large bank, had some dividend and capital gain and sold them.  They were making $1000/year in fees per customer on average, and I was part owner (so that makes me a scumbag banker).  I have also worked a front counter in a branch for four months before I bailed out of the banking sector because I hated it).

As for FBI or not Secret Service doing the bidding or Corporates, I think that's a little off topic and I thought other agencies would be easier to hire.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 03:54:04 AM

Replying to the title only.

I've noticed that I now have many speculation thread with ~90% of people ignored.

I think there are many of big posters who only try to raise their post-count to give appearance having some reputation.

I wouldn't be surprised if some 2000-3000 post account would end up being sold to the highest bidders.

SUBs such as Specu... and off-topic are very prone to non-sense postings.  I have no idea why off topic threads should be tolerated if off-topic post are not.

So Just now, I am committing to a 5BTC bounty to develop the "Ignored by # peoples" feature besides usernames.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:55:29 AM

So Just now, I am committing to a 5BTC bounty to have a "Ignored by # peoples" feature besides usernames.

Awesome idea. I up the bounty another 5BTC, to 10 BTC. Make a new thread about this please (unless you ignored me too  Cry)

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 04:03:25 AM

So Just now, I am committing to a 5BTC bounty to have a "Ignored by # peoples" feature besides usernames.

Awesome idea. I up the bounty another 5BTC, to 10 BTC. Make a new thread about this please (unless you ignored me too  Cry)

Here Matthew, Meta, Feature request thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68329.0

hehe for some time yes, I was only ignoring the stupid horse logo, I didn't knew it was you.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:10:42 AM

I think Banking elite doesn't care about this forum, and never will.  Even if some day they get interested in Bitcoin, it will be because they smelled profit. The "damage" some of us think we do to the system is really non-existent, and system doesn't need to defend itself from us - especially not by trolling the forums.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 08:28:47 AM

I work for HSBC and I have been told that I would be fired if I did not downplay Bitcoin in every way and detract from its usefulness. My bosses were very clear on that point. They said that even after I was fired, if I used Bitcoin that my life would be "difficult" after.

I'm really scared.

I am sorry if you got scared; this was not our intention, really.
By "difficult", we meant that you would probably have difficulties finding commerces where you can actually spend your Bitcoins.
There was nothing more than that in that sentence. Really.
BTW, we have been very satisfied with your work so far, and we have absolutely no reason to fire you.
Please relax and keep up with the good work.

sincerely,

Tom W.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 09:12:50 AM

I think Banking elite doesn't care about this forum, and never will.  Even if some day they get interested in Bitcoin, it will be because they smelled profit. The "damage" some of us think we do to the system is really non-existent, and system doesn't need to defend itself from us - especially not by trolling the forums.

Good, sensible comment.
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 11:39:26 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2012, 01:31:15 PM by Dhomochevsky

Hah, it's threads like these that make me thankful Bitcoin's code and inner workings are complicated enough for them not to be handled by utter morons.

SPOILERS: HSBC are actually on my payroll and I pay them to pay Matthew to troll Bitcoin, just to troll cryptoanarchysts
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:26:18 PM

Ah, but Clown Cowboy Crypto the Lone Tool was able to start a thread, so obviously this bitcoin tent is big enough to even have parking for Special Needs Users From Colorado.

Banking Elite? Puh-lease. Next you will open up about ZOG and the Freemasons putting secret messages on your fiat. Until banks figure out how to monetize their relationship to bitcoin, bitcoin means nothing to them. If they can wrap a fee around it, they will adopt it, and they will do so with massive subsidies and the full faith and credit and blessings of the bitchmasters in Washington. They don't need to co-opt any techny early adopters.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:29:58 PM

SPOILERS: HSBC are actually on my payroll and I pay them to pay Matthew to troll Bitcoin, just to troll cryptoanarchysts

Lawl.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 05:25:32 PM

This is a no brainer to me, but would love to hear other people's input.

I hate all these conspiracy theories  Angry 
Is'nt a financial institution a conspiracy having reached its goal ?

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 05:32:03 PM

"Conspiracy is just another name for coalition."
  - R.A.W.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 10:58:48 PM

For all of you mush-headed morons who found your way here from SomethingAwful, I'll just put some documented facts here in a format you can understand:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/fed-take-propaganda-schoolroom-will-teach-k-8-12-students-about-constitutionality-fed

Back in September we noted a peculiar RFP by the Fed which sought to become a secret 'big brother' to the social media world, and to "monitor billions of conversations and generate text analytics based on predefined criteria." The Fed's desired product should be able to "determine the sentiment of a speaker or writer with respect to some topic or document"... "The solution must be able to gather data from the primary social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Forums and YouTube. It should also be able to aggregate data from various media outlets such as: CNN, WSJ, Factiva etc." Most importantly, the "Listening Platform" should be able to "Handle crisis situations, Continuously monitor conversations, and Identify and reach out to key bloggers and influencers."

Identify and reach out to key bloggers and influencers

reach out to key bloggers and influencers

key bloggers and influencers

key bloggers

bloggers

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 12:25:08 AM

I'm pretty sure most people are trolling for free.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 01:12:14 AM

I'm pretty sure most people are trolling for free.

+1

Op is a newfag.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: