Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:03:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Feature added] Color besides usernames for Ignored by % of established members.  (Read 27195 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 10:24:44 AM

I've compiled some updated stats.

There are 1414 very-established users.

You need x ignores for...
Warn: 5
Light: 8
Medium: 11
Dark: 15

I support the suggestion to make the range wider, and I'd even go so far as to make the highlighting scale directly with ignores. Something along the lines of R=255, G=255-<8*ignores>, B=255-<8*ignores>, resulting in a smooth gradient from 0-32 ignores, at which point it's maxed.
It would start to become visible at 5, become obvious at 10, really start to jump out at around 15, and just continue to get darker until 32.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 04:10:42 PM

Sorry theymos, but this has just been revealed to be an utterly useless feature for our community.

Study the folks who are "dark" (and we can set aside the racist undertones of that particular glitch!) and you will find the most interesting people in the community, and certain the most opinionated. Is our goal to have a milquetoast all vanilla community of quiet, polite followers? Or is the purpose of a Bitcoin forum to celebrate bitcoin and explore the very edges of what a paradigm shifting financial innovation it is?

If I want boring and predictable there are literally tens of thousands of online communities that will give you nauseatingly boring. I participate here for the specific reason that there is healthy debate, outrageously polarizing opinion and people actually willing to stand up and believe in something, even when they are obviously disturbed and dead wrong, at least they have the huevos to believe in something.

The ignore button has become the mouthpiece of the intellectually retarded, and the cowardly refuge of those who are not able to form an opinion, preferring to hide behind the skirts of anonymous finger pointing and name calling.

A far more valuable button would be one that shows the interesting "darkies" exactly how many ignores each of the candy ass wimps who use ignore has implemented.

Do you have the moral courage to compile a list of who has the most ignores set to complement this uncalled for nonsense?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 04:39:55 PM

Sorry theymos, but this has just been revealed to be an utterly useless feature for our community.

Study the folks who are "dark" (and we can set aside the racist undertones of that particular glitch!) and you will find the most interesting people in the community, and certain the most opinionated. Is our goal to have a milquetoast all vanilla community of quiet, polite followers? Or is the purpose of a Bitcoin forum to celebrate bitcoin and explore the very edges of what a paradigm shifting financial innovation it is?

If I want boring and predictable there are literally tens of thousands of online communities that will give you nauseatingly boring. I participate here for the specific reason that there is healthy debate, outrageously polarizing opinion and people actually willing to stand up and believe in something, even when they are obviously disturbed and dead wrong, at least they have the huevos to believe in something.

The ignore button has become the mouthpiece of the intellectually retarded, and the cowardly refuge of those who are not able to form an opinion, preferring to hide behind the skirts of anonymous finger pointing and name calling.

A far more valuable button would be one that shows the interesting "darkies" exactly how many ignores each of the candy ass wimps who use ignore has implemented.

Do you have the moral courage to compile a list of who has the most ignores set to complement this uncalled for nonsense?

Hmmm... your view of this issue may a bit biased as you yourself have quite a few ignores.
The ignore button's purpose is to hide posts of people one does not want to see, given the freedom of expression the forum administration approves of, it is a useful option. I have tried no to use it myself until very recently (zyk and reeses) but I am happy I can now avoid reading their posts. I don't quite agree with your first statement regarding the 'dark' people, sure some of them may be interesting, but a lot of them are trolls who are ignored for a reason.
EDIT: Hue of the ignore button is simply an indicator of the probability that a certain person is a professional forum troll but one should use other measures to judge a person (read their posts and draw one's own conclusions).

Signature space available for rent.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 05:13:18 PM

Damn, I forgot my sarcasm button again.

I was being churlish, and poking a stick at authority. I think the entire thing is a silly joke anyway, see my earlier concept on having a "loyalty" button to play opposite this one. Point being that at least there is some good debate on that list, and depriving yourself of it is a shame.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 05:22:27 PM

I adjusted the thresholds.

Old:
Current rules are:
- 0.35% of very-established users ignore you: no public highlight, but a range on your posts that only you can see
- 0.5% of very-established users ignore you: light highlight
- 0.75% of very-established users ignore you: medium highlight
- 1% of very-established users ignore you: dark highlight

New:
Current rules are:
- 0.35% of very-established users ignore you: no public highlight, but a range on your posts that only you can see
- 0.5% of very-established users ignore you: light highlight
- 1% of very-established users ignore you: medium highlight
- 1.5% of very-established users ignore you: dark highlight

Also, I made the light highlight lighter.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 05:29:06 PM

Your posts are often unnecessarily hostile. I don't blame people for ignoring you. And if someone reads your posts and becomes annoyed, I would like them to see your ignore highlighting and realize they can ignore you rather than start a flame war or complain about how the forum is full of trolls.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
gene

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:48:21 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 01:13:21 PM by gene

The list reveals an interesting pattern of groups being ignored.

1) incoherent posters
2) relentless self-promoters
3) ponzi scheme/fraud whistleblowers

I noticed my button get much darker after posting about the scams and scam-enablers (including forum admins). This got much more obvious after I called out Theymos for his role in the matter and his admitted and knowing participation in Pirate's ponzi scheme. If scammer scumbags are using the ignore feature to label those who oppose their scheming, then I leave it to others to decide just how useful the feature is.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
LoupGaroux

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 01:37:30 PM

You raise a very interesting point, so I guess I stand corrected, there is a function for the button.

I can now identify folks that I have respect for, and find their conversation of merit more easily. If you want to call out the scammers and the fraudsters, then you are pretty much somebody I'm willing to read.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 08:43:40 AM

I just wanted to post something that no one would read.

You failed. I read it.  Wink

It would be interesting feedback for those who are ignored to learn which posts triggered "ignore".  It could be because I called someone a fragrant name, that I maligned their vocation, or that they are bigots.

That would be a nice feature, but I imagine it would be hard to code.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 05:20:53 PM

Since my cryptography apparently failed, I'll say this should be relatively easy.  "Ignore" invokes a handler, which could also PM the author with "your post #23123123 sucks!"  I can do the correlation myself.

But pm spam!  Do you really want to get notifications everytime someone takes you off ignore, reads your post, then reignores you?  Holy false positives, Batman!

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 05:44:18 PM

Since my cryptography apparently failed, I'll say this should be relatively easy.  "Ignore" invokes a handler, which could also PM the author with "your post #23123123 sucks!"  I can do the correlation myself.

But pm spam!  Do you really want to get notifications everytime someone takes you off ignore, reads your post, then reignores you?  Holy false positives, Batman!

It would give theymos something to read?

QTFY

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 07:56:22 PM

There's a show/hide link at the top right of an ignored user's posts. Obviously, not everyone knows about that, though. It might get annoying.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:01:57 PM

These users have some color:
zyk 90
bulanula 58
smoothie 43
Maria 39
Rarity 38
bitlane 38
cunicula 34
1nject0r 33
Jon 29
Matthew N. Wright 27
iCEBREAKER 25
PinkiePie 23
Micon 23
mystery2048 22
Faisal7 20
ElectricMucus 20
LoupGaroux 19
psy 18
SuperDuperJenkins 17
reeses 16
Mosrite 16
gene 15
Phinnaeus Gage 15

Liberty Payout 14
RandyFolds 14
The_Duke 14
mem 13
Vladimir 13
Yolocoin 12
Chaang Noi (Goat)
piotr_n 12
hoo 11
plastic.elastic 11
MPOE-PR 10
CoinHunter 10
myself 10
David_Benz 9
hazek 9
JeffK 9
bitcoinBull 8
Atlas 8
i_rape_bitcoins 8
Surawit 8
bitcoiners 8

This list seems pretty reasonable to me. I'm thinking that maybe the threshold for dark highlighting should be moved up, though.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
vampire

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 06:56:19 PM

Nobody loves me.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:40:28 AM

These users have some color:
zyk 90
bulanula 58
smoothie 43
Maria 39
Rarity 38
bitlane 38
cunicula 34
1nject0r 33
Jon 29
Matthew N. Wright 27
iCEBREAKER 25
PinkiePie 23
Micon 23
mystery2048 22
Faisal7 20
ElectricMucus 20
LoupGaroux 19
psy 18
SuperDuperJenkins 17
reeses 16
Mosrite 16
gene 15
Phinnaeus Gage 15

Liberty Payout 14
RandyFolds 14
The_Duke 14
mem 13
Vladimir 13
Yolocoin 12
Chaang Noi (Goat)
piotr_n 12
hoo 11
plastic.elastic 11
MPOE-PR 10
CoinHunter 10
myself 10
David_Benz 9
hazek 9
JeffK 9
bitcoinBull 8
Atlas 8
i_rape_bitcoins 8
Surawit 8
bitcoiners 8

This list seems pretty reasonable to me. I'm thinking that maybe the threshold for dark highlighting should be moved up, though.

I agree the darkness of the ignore link should be moved up.

Wow i'm 3rd? Cheeeyah! That's awesome.

Anymore crybabies want to hit my ignore button? LOL see if I care! haha Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:49:14 AM

I wanted to mention one more thing:

I have not been scammed or dumb enough to get caught up in Bitcoinica, Pirate, or GLBSE to date.

Funny thing though is that I'm the 3rd most ignored person on this entire forum. The biggest scammers like Pirate and Nefario are not ignored at all. So that tells me that people are just aching to be scammed and deserve to be scammed because they choose to listen to scammers like those two and decide to ignore me. I know i'm not the nicest person but I wont lie or scam someone or spout propaganda to fuel my own agenda like even Lukejr does. But whatever...

Anyways, go back and wait for the next big scam to get involved with.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 12:28:35 PM

I wanted to mention one more thing:

I have not been scammed or dumb enough to get caught up in Bitcoinica, Pirate, or GLBSE to date.

Funny thing though is that I'm the 3rd most ignored person on this entire forum. The biggest scammers like Pirate and Nefario are not ignored at all. So that tells me that people are just aching to be scammed and deserve to be scammed because they choose to listen to scammers like those two and decide to ignore me. I know i'm not the nicest person but I wont lie or scam someone or spout propaganda to fuel my own agenda like even Lukejr does. But whatever...

Anyways, go back and wait for the next big scam to get involved with.

Correlation =/= causation

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:51:42 PM

Yay, I'm on a list!  Grin

14 people couldn't handle that not everyone shares their opinion  Cheesy

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 09:20:59 PM

Oh I haven't realized Transisto actually payed to give me that award.  Grin

Will the list be updated regularly? If so I intend to get into the top three by more thought-provoking and insufferable threads.  Grin
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 11:34:01 PM

Oh I haven't realized Transisto actually payed to give me that award.  Grin

Will the list be updated regularly? If so I intend to get into the top three by more thought-provoking and insufferable threads.  Grin

Show-off. You're only one ignoramus darker than me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: