Bitcoin Forum
September 07, 2024, 01:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88592 times)
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:01:40 PM

Wow, I just tested it, and I don't know how, but that *finally* solved the slow balance and transaction loading! It loads these almost immediately now!

However, it *doesn't* seem to have solved the freezing issue on the second transaction. I just tried sending you $3 worth of Moneroj, split into two transactions. The first one went through. The second one froze, exactly the same as before. I'll leave it open to see if it eventually crashes. Btw, I'm using a mix count of 1, if that matters.

Edit: I let it sit for almost two hours, and it never crashed, so I forced closed simplewallet, and that caused the GUI to crash.

Thanks for your feedback and donation! Smiley

Today, I was working on the API more than on the GUI, and I have only tested TXes with a mix count of 0. As  sending 0 mixin transactions consecutively worked fine for me, I suspect that the fault may be in the core application, or I just simply handle the mix count parameter wrong. I'll continue hunting for this bug tomorrow, and will also speak about the case to the core developers if necessary.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
rfcdejong

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:04:47 PM

Nice too see your coding spirit Wink
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:01:51 AM

Wow, I just tested it, and I don't know how, but that *finally* solved the slow balance and transaction loading! It loads these almost immediately now!

However, it *doesn't* seem to have solved the freezing issue on the second transaction. I just tried sending you $3 worth of Moneroj, split into two transactions. The first one went through. The second one froze, exactly the same as before. I'll leave it open to see if it eventually crashes. Btw, I'm using a mix count of 1, if that matters.

Edit: I let it sit for almost two hours, and it never crashed, so I forced closed simplewallet, and that caused the GUI to crash.

Thanks for your feedback and donation! Smiley

Today, I was working on the API more than on the GUI, and I have only tested TXes with a mix count of 0. As  sending 0 mixin transactions consecutively worked fine for me, I suspect that the fault may be in the core application, or I just simply handle the mix count parameter wrong. I'll continue hunting for this bug tomorrow, and will also speak about the case to the core developers if necessary.

I just tried sending you a single transaction with a mix count of zero and it still froze. Sad  I'm going to go back to using the localhost instead of node.moneroclub.com and see if that has any effect.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 04:18:03 PM

Update: I tested it running the daemon locally, sending you ~3 Moneroj at a mix in of 0, and it sent the first transaction. I tried sending you ~3 more, and it froze on this second transaction. This, along with my previous post, seems to rule out both a mix in issue, and any issue of using a remote daemon. What should we test next to figure out the true cause?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:14:32 PM

Update: I tested it running the daemon locally, sending you ~3 Moneroj at a mix in of 0, and it sent the first transaction. I tried sending you ~3 more, and it froze on this second transaction. This, along with my previous post, seems to rule out both a mix in issue, and any issue of using a remote daemon. What should we test next to figure out the true cause?

I've written a private message to you in order to let us discuss the issue in details.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:33:35 AM

I've written a private message to you in order to let us discuss the issue in details.

I've been working hard to analyze your case, but sadly, I could not find the cause of the issue. I used WireShark to analyze the packets sent by Monero Client v0.39.0-rc.3 vs v0.41.1: I can conclude that there was no significant change except adding the Accept-Encoding header, which - according to the core developers - does not affect the behavior of communication.

Did you also experience the freezing RPC in older versions?

P.S.: Right now, I'm working on a great code rewrite, which could take 2 months or 2 weeks (it all depends on my enthusiasm Smiley).

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:31:22 PM

I've been working hard to analyze your case, but sadly, I could not find the cause of the issue. I used WireShark to analyze the packets sent by Monero Client v0.39.0-rc.3 vs v0.41.1: I can conclude that there was no significant change except adding the Accept-Encoding header, which - according to the core developers - does not affect the behavior of communication.

Did you also experience the freezing RPC in older versions?

P.S.: Right now, I'm working on a great code rewrite, which could take 2 months or 2 weeks (it all depends on my enthusiasm Smiley).

Are you sure it isn't something more closely associated with the GUI code itself, and how you have it parsing things, that is locking it up when clicking the send button? I actually didn't do enough sends in the previous versions to be able to tell -- I was just receiving the funds with the wallet and leaving the Moneroj there.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:54:15 PM

Are you sure it isn't something more closely associated with the GUI code itself, and how you have it parsing things, that is locking it up when clicking the send button? I actually didn't do enough sends in the previous versions to be able to tell -- I was just receiving the funds with the wallet and leaving the Moneroj there.

As I have already mentioned, I'm working on something quite big, and hope that it will fix your problem... Wink

(It's a long task to do, though... Smiley)

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:59:21 AM

As I have already mentioned, I'm working on something quite big, and hope that it will fix your problem... Wink

(It's a long task to do, though... Smiley)

lol, I did. Btw, what are you using to compile this? If it can be done in Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop, I can help you debug the freezing issue with the current code.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:20:41 AM

lol, I did. Btw, what are you using to compile this? If it can be done in Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop, I can help you debug the freezing issue with the current code.

I use VS 2013 Ultimate, but you may also use the Express version, just be sure to add NuGet references manually! (See the project's packages.config file)

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:06:21 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 06:25:32 AM by mmortal03

I use VS 2013 Ultimate, but you may also use the Express version, just be sure to add NuGet references manually! (See the project's packages.config file)

FYI, When I first open up the solution from scratch, NuGet actually prompts me to restore the missing packages from my online package sources. Once those are downloaded, it compiles.  After copying over the Resources folder from a working copy over to the debug directory, it just worksTM. That was easy. I'll try sending some moneroj to myself, and see if I can reproduce the freezing.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:01:54 AM

FYI, When I first open up the solution from scratch, NuGet actually prompts me to restore the missing packages from my online package sources. Once those are downloaded, it compiles.  After copying over the Resources folder from a working copy over to the debug directory, it just worksTM. That was easy. I'll try sending some moneroj to myself, and see if I can reproduce the freezing.

Thanks for your effort, I hope that you can sort out the problem soon enough. Good luck! Smiley

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:17:38 AM

I haven't been able to reproduce the freezing issue yet in the Debug build, but I've noticed a new issue.

I created a brand new account on a new machine with Monero Client .NET to test transfers. I immediately set it to connect with node.moneroclub.com, and restarted the client. The problem is, the account would then remain stuck initializing *forever*, even though it was connected to and up to date with node.moneroclub.com.

So, I tried moving this new account file back to my regular machine, and the exact same thing happened. My old account would load just fine with node.moneroclub.com, but the new account file would not initialize.

Next, I tried running the daemon locally with the new account file, downloading the remaining blocks of the blockchain, and then it *did* initialize the wallet.

Afterthat, subsequent loading of the new account file with node.moneroclub.com would *then* initialize just fine.

Is there something stored in AccountData that requires loading the entire blockchain *locally* first before it will initialize properly with a remote daemon?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:38:56 PM

I haven't been able to reproduce the freezing issue yet in the Debug build, but I've noticed a new issue.

I created a brand new account on a new machine with Monero Client .NET to test transfers. I immediately set it to connect with node.moneroclub.com, and restarted the client. The problem is, the account would then remain stuck initializing *forever*, even though it was connected to and up to date with node.moneroclub.com.

So, I tried moving this new account file back to my regular machine, and the exact same thing happened. My old account would load just fine with node.moneroclub.com, but the new account file would not initialize.

Next, I tried running the daemon locally with the new account file, downloading the remaining blocks of the blockchain, and then it *did* initialize the wallet.

Afterthat, subsequent loading of the new account file with node.moneroclub.com would *then* initialize just fine.

Is there something stored in AccountData that requires loading the entire blockchain *locally* first before it will initialize properly with a remote daemon?

No, there isn't, at all. Thank You for reporting, I've also encountered this issue - for the first time - 2 days ago. I haven't inspected the source of the bug yet, as I have many more tasks to cope with regarding the client (which may take a few weeks). I think that this may be the simplewallet application's failure, but I wouldn't really like to blame it until we are completely sure about it...

Code:
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:45:27 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 03:35:35 PM by Jojatekok

I've just encountered the bug you've been experiencing: It's happening when sending the RPC command transfer_split to simplewallet. I'm almost sure now that it's a core bug, and cannot be fixed by altering Monero API .NET. Smaller transactions work fine, but larger quantities simply cannot be sent (this is probably due to the automatic TX fee implementation).

EDIT: In console mode, it turns out that simplewallet loses the connection with the remote daemon in some minutes...

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:39:03 PM

I've just encountered the bug you've been experiencing: It's happening when sending the RPC command transfer_split to simplewallet. I'm almost sure now that it's a core bug, and cannot be fixed by altering Monero API .NET. Smaller transactions work fine, but larger quantities simply cannot be sent (this is probably due to the automatic TX fee implementation).

EDIT: In console mode, it turns out that simplewallet loses the connection with the remote daemon in some minutes...

So, you've discovered the cause of BOTH bugs now? The RPC command transfer_split issue has to do with the freezing on send bug, and the simplewallet losing connection has to do with the wallet never initializing... or is all of this regarding the freezing on send?

Btw, when debugging, I did discover another potential bug where it would crash after a while. If I get it again, I'll post the console output -- I seem to not have saved it. I did Google the error the other night, because it was pretty generic and nondescript, but I couldn't find anything definitive.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:16:39 PM

One other thought: Is there some way we can come up with to *manually* initialize account.bin, maybe without having to go through the GUI? Essentially, we need to break the problem into parts to narrow down the issue and find a solution. Is there some sort of simplified script that we can come up with to reproduce the issue that we can present to the devs?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:24:38 AM

One other thought: Is there some way we can come up with to *manually* initialize account.bin, maybe without having to go through the GUI? Essentially, we need to break the problem into parts to narrow down the issue and find a solution. Is there some sort of simplified script that we can come up with to reproduce the issue that we can present to the devs?

I think that the problem is probably with the initial accout file syncing. If you don't sync - and then save - your account straight after its creation, it gets corrupted (if I recall correctly).

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:05:05 PM

I think that the problem is probably with the initial accout file syncing. If you don't sync - and then save - your account straight after its creation, it gets corrupted (if I recall correctly).

Not necessarily. I moved it to another machine that had a local copy of the blockchain, and *then* it initialized, so I wouldn't say it gets corrupted, just that it doesn't initialize if the blockchain isn't present locally and synced to some extent.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:52:32 AM

Greetings everyone!

I'm delighted to announce that I've been working on a cross-platform GUI in the past few weeks. Hopefully, I can complete the feature set as soon as possible, and release a new client which is written from scratch.

Code:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: